Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #151
pumpkinfan1988
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
"Difficult to acquire"

Umm, no
To a certain extent, yes. You can't just walk up to any old person asking for an ounce of mushrooms, they aren't as readily available as something like marijuana or alcohol.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #152
Elphenor
Braindead

I walked into someone on the street just yesterday and I could have bought Acid from them

Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #153
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfan1988 View Post
Heres a question, have you ever seriously considered taking hallucinogens again like you did in your youth to seek new inspirations? Though they are currently illegal and difficult to acquire in the western world, a worldly renown ethnobotanist like Terrance McKenna would say "You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
No, I'm too horny to hallucinate. Keep the questions coming!

Old 01-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #154
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I could get some hallucinogens in probably 5 minutes in my town. Of course there are hundreds of burned out stoned hippies selling herbs out of their vans...

Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #155
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm constantly afraid that some shady dude will stick a needle in my arm and make me a drug addict.

That's how it works, right?

Old 01-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #156
Modern90's
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I'm constantly afraid that some shady dude will stick a needle in my arm and make me a drug addict.

That's how it works, right?
Pretty much you'll also become an aids carrier

Old 01-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #157
violetrayzzz
Oblivious Virgin

For what it's worth, I do think this was actually the Boll's. The meandering nonsense and not answering any questions directly was very much his schtick. Maybe I'm just optimistic.

At least we got a basic "I play the half assed version of the hits because being a sincere artist doesn't pay the bills."
-
I think his attitude is bs. People still listen to albums....but the realm he's aiming for in popularity doesn't exist anymore. There are no idols. Why should there be? I prefer knowing that the artists I love are actual people and not fictitious representations of idealizations that just do not stand up to the test of time. I love that Robert Plant will NOT compromise his values and cash in on the Zep wagon. He's still got integrity, and that is something that goes a lot further than playing half empty arenas as a chore.

Whether he likes it or not, the brooklynvegan/pitchfork scene is the new alternative, and those people still are listening to new albums, just not his. He ran them off the second he sold his sincerity for fleeting fame....I think it pretty much happened when he did the batman soundtrack.

Even the pixies have taken the flack for bleeding the orchid(ha.) They played the same setlist for 10 years, made an album that nobody liked, and have finally settled into a groove of going with the flow of how things are instead of bitching about how it's not the way it used to be. It's not, and it never will be. It is what it is.

Last edited by violetrayzzz : 01-15-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #158
violetrayzzz
Oblivious Virgin

And he shits all over us, but, out of the 70,000 people who bought tfe and the 200 people who bought teargarden and mtae, we comprise the majority of it.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 PM   #159
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

So now you have fake accounts pretending to talk about your other fakes accounts.

Really how much free time can someone have.