Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #181
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

My ear infection has cleared up. I will get to this TONIGHT.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #182
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj
joeri
deer canada - these three songs are me, sleeper plays drums and has few intro violin stabs, DeviousJ does have some guitar in, Oblivious has few percussion tracks in and obscured01 is responsible for the outro violin. Send some bass lines in or I can hook you up with some song next time and you're in, too.

akron/family - what is this? I am a musical caveman. And post rock - I guess so, but do I care - I am just happy I/we can play something like that, and that's all that counts for me. I think deer canada is here for a pure pleasure/amusement of people who participate - and not trying to break through (which is technically impossible) or trying to deliver some music-breaking ideas.

thank you very much joeri - in return I will review the Bubba stuff, too.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 AM   #183
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Cool. Yes it will be technically impossible to not break through, I agree.

Dude check out Akron/Family's self-titled album, milk in my snot reminded me of it. Great album btw.

I would like to participate with some bass lines, just send me a song if you have one, i'll think of something. Would be cool.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 AM   #184
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

dont take that repetition part too seriously, it was just an observation

im never EVER sending you any riff or anything EVER

in case you listen to it on a loop while pleasuring yourself

Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #185
apple
Demi-God

hi i just want to ask everyone who listened to the songs on the myspace that ??? posted. we know the songs aren't recorded very well and we dont' really have a drummer, but i want to know what it is you do/dont' like about the songs, do you hear anything in them. we cant seem to get a straight opinion off anyone. is it really bad for a first demo? there are so many boring samey bands out there and even though they might have some things we dont (like drummers and profesional recordings) we are really trying to do something different and we never get any response, whats the problem.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #186
RopeyLopey
Braindead

I said I hear sing-alongs for little children in them and that you should stick with this genre, that it does have its magic.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #187
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo_91
My ear infection has cleared up. I will get to this TONIGHT.
FAIL!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #188
paranoid
Minion of Satan

http://www.myspace.com/agowilt

or

http://www.myspace.com/adamstoybox

the agowilt has the most recent tunes.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #189
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid
http://www.myspace.com/agowilt

or

http://www.myspace.com/adamstoybox

the agowilt has the most recent tunes.
hey dude, have you bothered reading this thread - or you're just interested in your shit?

Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 AM   #190
paranoid
Minion of Satan

im new to this thread.. ill be reviewing other peoples music momentarily.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #191
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Ropey Lopey: : (I'm listening to this as I type)

Jonathan Whitehead - the sound quality is bad but im not gonna dock points for that, the hiss adds a bit of atmosphere. I like how it starts out, the build ups and resets are fantastic (dynamics are impressive). Everything is horribly out of tune, and i'm not sure if that's the kind of sound you wanted but i find it annoying. Very cool how the song changes into this dark mess of noise, very cool how the groove sets here, wasn't expecting that. Didn't like how it ended.. sounded like you had a good idea going then decided to just stop the tune.. so i think you could have opened the last idea of this tune up a bit more and you'd have a fantastic piece of music.

Milk In My Snot - likin the intro.. very cool. Very cool guitar riffage, and nice tone as well. Thr drumming here is pissing me off. Oh my, poetry! I usually hate this kind of writing but I'm actually enjoying this, maybe the quality of this girls voice is why.. she sounds innocent and cute. Drums again, guitars need to be louder. Electro drum beat comes in.. again the mix needs work, some melodic ideas could stand out more.. and bam it just ended. It felt like, again, this was another idea you could have expanded on, or saved it for something else.. doesn;t really work well as an abrupt ending.

pacific coast- so far i'm liking this the most out of the three selections here.. very cool delay on guitar (sounds like seagulls). Again, the drumming is annoying. i don't know why.. he's kind of over playing and not really feeling it. I like it when he drops out briefly. Could use some more instruments or melodic ideas when the main riff comes back in (after the drum break).. after this section it goes somewhere.. which is great, change it up a bit (these type of mood pieces can get boring if they don't go into new ideas). Again, guitars sound out of tune which does have an effect on how i'm listening to it.. but the idea is there and a lot of these little melodies are pretty. This is a good one.. come up with a cool ending and you've a nice tune (abrupt again).

Old 05-31-2007, 01:19 AM   #192
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Canned Kitty - Mothwire : (listening as i type)

Never listened to Canned Kitty before, have always meant to but never got to it. I'm ashamed.

But, I'm loving it. very much. What are using to play/record/write this material??

Very nice atmosphere, very nice chord changes.. but it just ended. fuck. Hopefully this was just an idea that you haven't finished?? This could be an incredible tune with some other movments and dynmic changes, etc. I'm hearing a very bassy, slow moving drum part coming in with some dramatic key change.

Where else can i find some canned kitty, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 AM   #193
paranoid
Minion of Satan

christ himself ive listened to your music before but your website is not working right now for whatever reason, id like to lsiten agai to give a review (i remember there were some ambient pieces in there).

Im off to be. i'll continue my listening in the morning.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #194
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
im new to this thread.. ill be reviewing other peoples music momentarily.
props you started looking at the previous stuff right away

I listened to Agowilt.
The Curtain... the second intro motif after the single guitar stuff reminds me of Unwound. The horns are nice and somewhat take away the weight from the song, it makes it more airy. Or that song sounds kinda sad from the beginning, but the horns bit brighten it up. They fit in nicely. Well done. I find the keys and effects in the background a bit cheesy. You are primarily a guitar band, right? The drummer is doing a good job in the final part of the song. Maybe the whole thing is a bit more combed for me, though. I am curious how you play this live. Do you? What do you think of Unwound?

Drumb - I liked this one more. Again, the start sounds like Unwound - the guitar, the riff, you must use very close settings and setup. Then it shifts to those wide chord stuff with lead guitars cruising on top of it. I like this a lot - what is being shaped on top of the rhythm guitar by the lead. These fast parts are fantastic- the moments like around 2:18. Do you have any recording of you playing this live? I don't know, maybe the drums are too quiet, but maybe it's just me as I am doing it the other way round - drums up front, louder or at least as loud as guitars!

thanks - and yeah, the guitars were out of tune, but don't worry, I do have a tuner pedal in the setup now!

Last edited by RopeyLopey : 05-31-2007 at 02:13 AM.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #195
paranoid
Minion of Satan

oops

Last edited by paranoid : 06-08-2007 at 01:03 AM.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:28 AM   #196
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

haha, you can't trust drummers - Sleeper is doing the same shit, he wants to be low.

hey, if you find the live recording, definitely I'd like to hear it! Also, i just realized you are lefty, too - high-five!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:31 AM   #197
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
haha, you can't trust drummers - Sleeper is doing the same shit, he wants to be low.

hey, if you find the live recording, definitely I'd like to hear it! Also, i just realized you are lefty, too - high-five!
Really you are lefty too??!!! that's Awesome!! Doesn;t it suck being a lefty?? I always go to these guitar shops.. see all of these beautiful guitars I want to try out.. but can't because they are righty! the lefties that are in stock.. crap guitars!

What's cool about it though is that no one asks to try out my guitars, 'cause they are righties.. haha. so i guess it all evens out.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:40 AM   #198
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Really you are lefty too??!!! that's Awesome!! Doesn;t it suck being a lefty?? I always go to these guitar shops.. see all of these beautiful guitars I want to try out.. but can't because they are righty! the lefties that are in stock.. crap guitars!

What's cool about it though is that no one asks to try out my guitars, 'cause they are righties.. haha. so i guess it all evens out.
haha, yes - guitar shops - you know over here sometimes they have an amp but they have no guitar for me to try it with...what guitars you have and how you got them?

I have one Strat from Mexico, not good, but I like it very much, and at that time I felt so ahppy that I could actually try this one in store, that they had it!

Then I have another Strat - Reissue 89, made in Japan, with big headstock:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...dusan/kyt2.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...dusan/kyt1.jpg
This one is great, I was so lucky I got it. I saw it and immediately ran for money before it disappears! So what do you have and how did you get them?

Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 AM   #199
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple
we are really trying to do something different and we never get any response, whats the problem.
Mine was on page 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristHimself!
rizzy shizzle

king queen jack - Super lofi, whatever that snare sound is, it hurts my soul. Cool break after "king queen jack!" - id be interested to hear a well produced version of this. The bit at 2.20 was cool. It was nice to finally hear the vocals properly just after that.

crazy janey - It makes me think of psychedelia meets a song from the wicker man or something. There's something folky about the feel, dunno if it's just the oompah-ness. The wee lead part is cool. Sound quality is still ass-pancakes though. Liked the wee quieter part after 3.00 with your backing vox.

waltz - I really liked this. It was like the amelie soundtrack meets the cocteau twins. Please rerecord this for me and bump up the qualitiez.

pebble hill march - again, the melody and guitar tone with the main motif reminded me of the wicker man soundtrack for some reason. It goes all amelieish again at about 1.20. Unusual. The snare in this song bugged me though.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #200
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey

Then I have another Strat - Reissue 89, made in Japan, with big headstock:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...dusan/kyt2.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...dusan/kyt1.jpg
This one is great, I was so lucky I got it. I saw it and immediately ran for money before it disappears! So what do you have and how did you get them?
i saw the same japanese lefty strat on c-list for 100 and bought it and sold it to a music store for 400. it was a lovely guitar but Im a righty and Ive already got japanese tele and jaguar.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #201
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Ropey Lopey ---->

I have 3 currently..

1. A lefty Jackson Stealth that I got in 1997 as a christmas present.. it's a nice guitar but I never use the damn thing.. the locking tuners drive me insane and are impossible to use, so i'm looking to sell or trade it, just haven't found a guitar I want yet.

2. Ibanez 1978 PF-900 Les Paul knock off- It's a right strung lefty. I found this at a random garage sale for $60!!! couldn't believe it! I had to buy it.. so i modded it for lefty.. kinda hard to play because of the body set up (volume knobs where my arm is strumming).. but it's a sweet sounding guitar.

3. Lefty gibson SG that I found at a pawn shop in Peabody Mass.. very random find, only paid about $400 for it. I use this guitar at all times, it's htem ost reliable and most playable.

I want to get a semi hallow guitar of some sort too..

Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 PM   #202
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Thumbs down

Hey penis, I listened to the Bubba stuff. Well, I tried - and failed. I don't like it at all - I'd call it a sonic masturbation. I can see it can be fun for you playing it - but as an audience, it tells me absolutely nothing. I somewhat liked Man with a Harmonica, but besides that....ugh. Seriously.
You should get them play your stuff, instead.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #203
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Ok, well that's too bad. The sound quality doesn't really help as well, but we're really just playing rock songs that aren't that weird - there are a few jam parts, but mostly it's just (heavy) rock songs built on riffs and soft / loud parts. We'll put our single on myspace when it's mastered, I'll post a link then. It has already been produced pretty well if you ask me, unlike what i posted.

I like the rough sound though, hoped there would be some people with me.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #204
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristHimself!
I need to be educated about reason.. is it a midi synth program or are all of these musical samples pre recorded?

anyway this sounds pretty cool, nice melody ideas, i like how the bass ostinato idea keeps going throughout the tune. I found myself contantly adjusting the volume on my comp due to parts being to loud and then too low.. but that's a technical issue that has nothing to do with the piece itself.

Sounds good overall, but im curious as to if these ideas were written by you or if the ideas were pre written and you did the arrangement..

Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #205
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Luke De Spa- Where the gods sleep:

I like this tune.. very catchy, nice recording quality, the sound reminds me of mid nineties modern rock radio type songs (I don;t know if you'd take that as a compliment or an insult, but I like that kind of music).

You definately have some Pumpkins influence shining around this music as well. The vocals are cool.. your voice needs a little more work but it has potential.. i like the backing harmonies.

Overall a good rock tune, it's catchy, dark and pretty all at once. Definately could be marketable.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 AM   #206
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********
www.**************.com

shameless, yes

am i missing something? i see the tracks listed, but no links, and i see it says ordering information will be available later.. but you, mister, led me to believe that www.**************.com would enable me to hear canned kitty, so if this is the truth, please tell me how becasue i am unable to figure it out on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #207
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

AVAILABLE IN: MP3

Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #208
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

thanks!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:43 AM   #209
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Quote:
I need to be educated about reason.. is it a midi synth program or are all of these musical samples pre recorded?

Sounds good overall, but im curious as to if these ideas were written by you or if the ideas were pre written and you did the arrangement..
I think all of the orchestral/percussion stuff is sampled notes/hits with different lengths/attacks to choose from basically, and there are synths in there as well. None of the music/melodies in the track were pre written, I wrote/arranged/tracked everything from scratch.

Last edited by ChristHimself! : 06-01-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #210
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********
i am trying to listen to everyones contributions to this thread but its so old that many links have stopped working
mine haven't