Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2014, 03:29 AM   #61
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

more or less it is, yea, leave out the "fucking."
Quote:
why is a lion on the cover, what did that photo mean to you?
- I'm not answering that, fans will interpret it, it's just a picture.

why didn't you publish the lyrics in the album booklet?
- yea I have them all typed out but won't release them, fans read things into it which aren't there, it's just a song.

we made a pop album, basically.

I actually feel contempt for my audience.
that's all Corgan.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:35 AM   #62
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I agree, that's why his recent comments why he isn't releasing the MTAE lyrics pissed me off. "fucking fans reading things into it, doesn't mean anything, artwork doesn't mean anything, it's just a song, better they can't make out the words by listening to it." fuck you if you care for words and aren't a native speaker on top of it, right?
It's irritating. I can't shake the feeling that he's hiding something, especially given how defensive he's being. He flip-flops over the lyrics ("they don't mean anything" to "it's about loss"), he won't talk about the album cover, he just keeps dodging questions about it and his "it doesn't mean anything" seems like an attempt to avoid answering all questions, period. It's fucking weird. I get it if he doesn't want to discuss any of it because it's too personal, but there's a much better way of handling it than treating people like idiots.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:37 AM   #63
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
more or less it is, yea, leave out the "fucking."

that's all Corgan.
This was his reddit answer about the cover:
Quote:
[–]RawrHaus 125 points 20 days ago

Billy, what's the new album's cover art suppose to be? I like it. I think I see a lion

[–]iamBillyCorgan[S] 224 points 20 days ago

Hehehe!

I'm sorry I can't explain this to you.

The mystery is the mystery.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:39 AM   #64
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

there are better ways, yes.

he can't simply switch the button that 20 years of his career mean nothing to his listeners. he was the one putting a great deal of time into album artwork once (Adore, and especially Machina), then the artwork sucked, then he chooses something people actually like enough for MTAE that they ask about it, and he makes up bullshit.
Same with the lyrics. how can you claim you are the best songwriter of your generation, have a history of releasing song lyrics, and then sing in a way that hardly anybody can make out the (few) lines and then act pissy when people ask?

if he wants to create some sort of vague mystery - album promo 101, don't do a shitton of long winded interviews.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:51 AM   #65
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

My initial guess was that he was trying to create something reminiscent of SD (personal photos, scrawled hand writing, no lyrics), but there's probably more to it.

Quote:
Why didn't you publish the lyrics in the album booklet?

Billy: yea I have them all typed out but won't release them, fans read things into it which aren't there, it's just a song.
What a weird fucking thing to say. Like, why would he even think that? I assume most people try and find their own meanings to songs. It's not just about him.

Last edited by Araneae : 12-30-2014 at 03:57 AM.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:54 AM   #66
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Anyway, at the very least it's interesting to hear the MTAE songs acoustic. These acoustic performances, the Djali Zwan, the Chicago songs, there's a lot of solid acoustic work that he has done. I actually think I prefer some of MTAE in acoustic form.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:57 AM   #67
T&T
Socialphobic

billy hates you araneae.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #68
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

He probably would, yes.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:58 AM   #69
pavementtune

I certainly prefer the acoustic versions of MTAE so far. not sure about Dorian, I find the album track hilarious, the comedy vibe goes missing on the acoustic recording, but the other songs, definitely. I can't imagine Anaise acoustic, or Run2Me, would be fun to hear those on piano.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:00 AM   #70
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah, simple piano renditions of the songs would be interesting. He did write a number of the songs on piano to begin with. It would be great if he ever released stuff like that through his label but it'll probably never happen.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:03 AM   #71
pavementtune

if Zuzu's survives until the MTAE bonus reissue edition, expect to get some tea with these recordings.
seriously though, I'd pay for the different demo versions of these songs. but not with tea.
but then again, Zuzu is in business right now, they announced a special edition of these early demos (1987 to 90 or whatever that was) for October. didn't happen, not a word.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:07 AM   #72
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy must have decided he didn't want to live in the pass anymore (seriously, that would have been fucking great).

Nevertheless, I refuse to buy 30 fucking dollars worth of tea for some songs.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #73
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
What a weird fucking thing to say. Like, why would he even think that? I assume most people try and find their own meanings to songs. It's not just about him.
of course it isn't about him - as a listener. but for him it apparently is. I don't know how many times he said "I don't play for the fans, I don't release music for the fans, I do it for me" or something along those lines over the years.

doesn't make much sense to me - since he tours on a greatest hits rat-in-a-cage-zero package. he keeps saying it, but does whatever it takes to sell out a venue. typical Corgan say A do B thing.

just saw this and found it rather funny.
2008:

"I get so sick of everybody being possessive about my songs. they are my songs. I fucking wrote t****

Old 12-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #74
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
of course it isn't about him - as a listener. but for him it apparently is. I don't know how many times he said "I don't play for the fans, I don't release music for the fans, I do it for me" or something along those lines over the years.

doesn't make much sense to me - since he tours on a greatest hits rat-in-a-cage-zero package. he keeps saying it, but does whatever it takes to sell out a venue. typical Corgan say A do B thing.

just saw this and found it rather funny.
2008:

"I get so sick of everybody being possessive about my songs. they are my songs. I fucking wrote t****

-billy is a twat.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:58 PM   #75
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

alright, which one of you made that video?

Old 12-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #76
jczeroman

I actually like One and All as an acoustic song. Didn't care for the album version.