Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #61
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
then how will you survive in this world of non album releases?
i'll survive. but it might be without new sp music.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #62
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenguy2000 View Post
smash pump should collab with smash mouth
Smash Pump
+
Smash Mouth
------------------
=
Smash Skull

Last edited by IWishIWasBlank : 05-29-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #63
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

Quote:
there's a big difference you fucking douche. sigur ros is done with their album and they're just mastering or wrapping it up or whatever.

for SP, and their new release strategy, we will get songs as they come instead of waiting for the full album (though it sounds like one will come out when all the pieces are done). this is just a "heads up" that its coming.
Quote:
once again this is after its done. and its also free because NIN is all about quanitity vs quality lately. the new message is the equivalent of trent posting "may 2nd" or whatever as an early warning sign.

don't forget who was the first to get a free album distributed online, motherfuckers.
Quote:
its because its a different body of work. as has been stated many times, in reference to the new material as well as AG being part of the same body of work.

i take it to mean there's different influences, motifs, and perhaps even band members involved this time around.
Quote:
who is talking about old promises? your saying this announcement sucks compared to a couple other ones and i'm saying its not the same, its just an fyi sorta thing.

why don't i copy the Machina2 message instead and see how it holds up against the other ones. or maybe we should talk about residencies vs. those other bands tours.
Quote:
maybe some other BS band who couldn't do it any other way, but they were certainly the first major band with a record deal who chose online OVER a conventional method. and it wasn't even fucking reviewed by most rags.

fastforward 7 years...In Rainbows is not only reviewed, but its album of the year.
Quote:
man, the fucking gen board is so lame. jesus.
Quote:
i've commented plenty about In Rainbows on the Music Board as well as in a recent discussion with paranoid. i don't hate it, radiohead is one of my favorite bands. i was, however, disappointed by it after seeing 8 of the new songs live in 2006, and then hearing the lackluster versions on the album. I was also disappointed by the overall "safe" effort it was, and disappointed they didn't take more chances. this is radiohead were talking about, so like SP you have to extra critical. the last several bodies of work from radiohead have been a brave departure from each previous album and this time i felt like it didn't really bring anything "fresh" to the table. I think combined with disc 2 and trimming some of the fat/filler, it could have been a great 14 track record.

my comment was more geared towards pitchfork and stereoum and all the fucking bitches out there who suck on radiohead's teet because "its cool to be into radiohead". the fact that a novemeber online release gets ranked by most as #1 album of 2007...when the version available at the time was shitty quality and only out for the tail end of the year, thats just fucking sad and pure 150% pandering. you can;'t truly rank an album until you let it soak in, put it away and bring it back again, etc. If those fucking journalists woudl stop tryign so hard to be cool and just hold their load for a damn minute, they could have given a much more serious review following the january physical release for the 2008 calendar year.

like Zeitgeist, where the negativity was focused on the lineup changes and random bullshit that meant nothing to the music.....In Rainbows was held high to the supreme gods because of its release method, which once again overshadowed comments about the music itself. i fucking hate the mainstream media. that being said, i think the back to basics musical approach of In Rainbows was well executed despite my earlier criticisms. i enjoy the record, but it weighs heavily on my mind when i try to raise it up to other Radiohead benchmarks.
Quote:
look kids, its classic self loathing.

your face should collab with the bottom of my shoe.
Quote:
oh c'mon you know as well as i do that many of the SP haters around here still thrive on this shit and just put up on anti-SP front.
Quote:
you mean, your mp3 player?
Quote:
then how will you survive in this world of non album releases?
Quote:
instead you should try telling people about the ridiculous amount of material they've been playing on tour, the awesome live shows, the residencies, the open taping policy....

Old 05-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #64
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Talking

Wake me up when September ends.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #65
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Zzzz.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #66
Eulogy
huh

maybe they're recording a bunch of shit and just have a tentative date to release the first one? either way, who gives a shit? they just released an album last year. i guess it would have been better for you guys if they just waited around until september and then dropped it in your lap. but really, who cares.

you're all so fucking uptight with this shit. CHILL OUT EVERYONE.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #67
daevil1
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
maybe they're recording a bunch of shit and just have a tentative date to release the first one? either way, who gives a shit? they just released an album last year. i guess it would have been better for you guys if they just waited around until september and then dropped it in your lap. but really, who cares.

you're all so fucking uptight with this shit. CHILL OUT EVERYONE.

well said man, well said

Old 05-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #68
Caine Walker
Braindead

this thread got ridiculous in a hurry.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #69
T&T
Socialphobic

I" M FREAKING OUT
HOW CAN YOU BE TAKING THIS NEWS LYING DOWN?????

Old 05-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #70
aztec litany service
Apocalyptic Poster

let's not forget machina 2 was released for free (in an extremely annoying way i might add) because virgin didn't want machina to be a dbl. album therefore leaving too much material unreleased (most of which btw was just as good or better than what was, wtg virgin)

Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #71
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs down

Bummer, I was holdin' out hope for one more, just one more, version of Zeitgeist; like a 1-Year Anniversary Edition of it or somethin'.

Oh, by the way Davin, I agree with everything ya said there about In Rainbows.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #72
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
i was simply comparing an email from yesterday sigur ros sent to fans against this bit of information from smash pump. and i kind of am an old man, and i like it.
Gobbledigook is awesome...

I think comparing Sigur Rós to the Pumpkins like comparing oranges to dog poop.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #73
maoi
Apocalyptic Poster

but i want this shitty song NOW

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #74
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
the last several bodies of work from radiohead have been a brave departure from each previous album and this time i felt like it didn't really bring anything "fresh" to the table. I think combined with disc 2 and trimming some of the fat/filler, it could have been a great 14 track record.
I completely respect your opinion, but I do not know how you can call In Rainbows "safe" when Hail to the Thief was one of the most boring, unoriginal, and uninspired albums ever released. Even Radiohead themselves have admitted the album is terrible.

I still haven't heard the bonus disc of In Rainbows though; I have heard some of the stuff on it blows In Rainbows out of the water.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:17 AM   #75
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoi View Post
but i want this shitty song NOW
haha
This is how I imagine the mentality of repeat McDonalds customers as their cars slowly idle though the drive-in line that inexplicably wraps twice around the building. Only a fucking addict would bother.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:44 AM   #76
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I completely respect your opinion, but I do not know how you can call In Rainbows "safe" when Hail to the Thief was one of the most boring, unoriginal, and uninspired albums ever released. Even Radiohead themselves have admitted the album is terrible.
for real? why are they still playing half those songs live if that's the case.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:18 AM   #77
InfinityNow
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero View Post
Bummer, I was holdin' out hope for one more, just one more, version of Zeitgeist; like a 1-Year Anniversary Edition of it or somethin'.
Me too! haha... honestly. Really though, anybody who complains about this news should f'ing relax. It seems incredible to expect any more new material a year after the Zeitgeist album and the consequent tour. Then it seems incredulous as hell to complain about it, when it quite clearly shows the new SP are working around the clock, what with the anniversary shows and having just finished touring and so on.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #78
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

Davin, woah, great. Residencies. Billy's done quite a few residencies at Sadlands. I wasn't there either. The taping has been going on for at least 6 years, and arguably, the whole time.

Even if I had no counterpoint, which I do, you sure don't.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #79
Anvil Hands
Ownz

Hail to the Theif Sucks

In Rainbows sucks less

Zeitgeist sucks

American Gothic sucks more

See you in September.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #80
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Anytime SP releases a new album, they should just release all of the songs as "bonus tracks" with Zeitgeist. Judas O style.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #81
slunken
Virgo

that article is dumb. it's like saying "i'm going to get a job in four months." this is the same BC that used to write a song a day. i would HOPE he would be able to pull something out of his ass "in four months". jesus christ.

and why even bring it up? why not just wait until around september, especially if its just a single. any given band on this planet could crap out a single in as little as a week or two and it would be GREAT.

i'm starting to doubt billy's so-called "enlightenment". i think he never shattered that "glass" persona and now he's just "being a rockstar" but not actually doing any of the work that goes along with it.

Corgan you've gotten lazy!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #82
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

I bet the songs Corgan pulls out of his ass are actually a lot better than some of the ones he over-thinks and processes to death. You know he probably plays plenty of interesting shit every day (yeah, at Davin's private concerts or whatever) that we'd like but that he doesn't think is any good and therefore subsequently discards.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:02 AM   #83
redbull
Immortal

Hail to the Thief has like 9 good songs on it, fuck you guys.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:47 AM   #84
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

the last "single" they put out, SUPERCHRIST, is some of the most rocking SP in a long time, so if they wanna give us another like that, we are in for a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T
I" M FREAKING OUT
HOW CAN YOU BE TAKING THIS NEWS LYING DOWN?????
August/September is going to rock!!! ~10 shows, 1 new single, other new material live, more old material to be debuted with SP2...

Old 05-31-2008, 05:08 AM   #85
I Don't Live
Pledge

I just remember everyone complaining about the silence during the past couple years. Now that they tell us something, everyone says they should have kept quiet. They just started recording this month and had an album and an EP within the last year, appreciate that new music will start coming out soon.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #86
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

I like music.

I like Hail to the Thief.

I like In Rainbows.

I like Zeitgeist.

I like American Gothic.

I like September because it reminds me of marching band.

uh.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #87
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore View Post
I like music.

I like Hail to the Thief.

I like In Rainbows.

I like Zeitgeist.

I like American Gothic.

I like September because it reminds me of marching band.

uh.
retard

Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 AM   #88
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiordan View Post
the last "single" they put out, SUPERCHRIST, is some of the most rocking SP in a long time, so if they wanna give us another like that, we are in for a treat.
I kind of agree with that. Although Superchirst isn't as musically complex as Billy usually gets (not I'm definitely not talking about production here...just the music itself, which is a bit drone-y) I think it's yet another example of how the music actually seems better when he doesn't pain himself too much in the studio over it. Notice how (at least, IMO) Billy's non-album tunes (usually the stuff written/played between albums) are actually pretty damned cool.

Last edited by stumpycat : 06-03-2008 at 02:48 AM.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #89
commando
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
I bet the songs Corgan pulls out of his ass are actually a lot better than some of the ones he over-thinks and processes to death. .

Case in point... the djali zwan show bootlegs (Emerson) that are better than the actual Zwan album... (and that's not a slight to the Zwan album.)

Apparently it's too hard to record and release the good songs you write, but there's no expense spared for effing "Baby, Let's Rock!"

Ehh. I really don't have a song I'd single out that I don't particularly enjoy on Zeitgeist, but... no Gossamer? K dude.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 AM   #90
My Blue Heaven
Ownz

Isn't there a possibility that Billy will be writing and recording multiple in the next four months but only releasing the one song? Only sounds logical.