Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM   #3271
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFritz View Post
And yet rather than Speed of Love we get another Cure cover
James still would like to upset D'arcy...

Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM   #3272
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #3273
Ram27
Minion of Satan

Location: Iha: All right! I can't fucking hear you! (laughs) I'm just kidding. Stop your enthusiasm.

To Who Knows Where totally has that Iha magic to it

Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #3274
slayed23
Ownz

Woodstock 99 was one of the worst festivals ever. Good for Billy not getting involved with those bastards.

Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #3275
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #3276
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I have no idea how any average person would feel safe in that environment. Like, I would be "OKAY IT'S TIME TO LEAVE NOW"

Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #3277
reprise85
Wizard

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

a bunch of women got sexually assaulted during their set

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #3278
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Doesn't surprise me considering the crowd looks like a sea of amped-up bros going Lord of the Flies.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #3279
Big Truck05
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I have no idea how any average person would feel safe in that environment. Like, I would be "OKAY IT'S TIME TO LEAVE NOW"
First time with anything like this is my guess. I don;t know either. It's sick what people do to others in settings like this.

Old Today, 03:12 AM   #3280
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
a bunch of women got sexually assaulted during their set

>>>

Quote:
Multiple Sexual Assaults

“At one point I saw this girl, a very petite girl, maybe 100 pounds, who was body-surfing above the crowd and either fell in or was pulled into a circle in the mosh pit,” volunteer David Schneider told MTV. “These gentlemen, probably in the 25–32 age range, looked as though they were holding her down. They were holding her arms; you could see she was struggling.” That gang rape occurred during Korn’s set. According to reports, even more sexual assaults took place during Limp Bizkit, after Fred Durst infamously incited the crowd with “Break Stuff.” A police investigator told the Washington Post that two men cornered a 24-year-old woman from Pittsburgh in the mosh pit, “assaulting her with their fingers and ‘some type of foreign object’ before one of them raped her.” The police report read: “Due to the congestion of the crowd, she felt that if she yelled for help or fought, she feared she was going to be beaten.” The men were never apprehended. While only a handful of sexual assaults relayed to law enforcement, many more went unreported. In the bedlam following Limp Bizkit’s set, from the stage, someone — an emcee or organizer — pleaded, “Please, there are people hurt out there. They are your brothers and sisters. They are under the towers. Please, help the medical team get them out of there. We can’t continue the show until we get these dear people out of there. We have a really serious situation out there,” a stark contrast to “the brown acid that is circulating around us isn’t too good” announcement 30 years earlier. Of the 44 people arrested at Woodstock ’99, only one was charged with sexual assault.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ock-99-176052/

Old Today, 03:28 AM   #3281
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old Today, 05:35 AM   #3282
Oklahoma Sexual
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Haters know what they're missing. Hence the hate

Old Today, 08:47 AM   #3283
Ram27
Minion of Satan

Location: Iha: All right! I can't fucking hear you! (laughs) I'm just kidding. Stop your enthusiasm.

the insights are irrelevant? it's not 1970 so a few more super nerds can't listen to random outtakes?

lol

Old Today, 09:30 AM   #3284
Kahlo
BAN HAMMER.

That Endless Summer comment is pretty hilarious. Very much enjoying Billy's commentary at the moment.

Old Today, 09:34 AM   #3285
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

It would be funny... but you know he would throw a hissy fit if anyone told him that song was stupid.

Old Today, 10:16 AM   #3286
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster

Bill / SP should be putting out one archive release a year easily.

Either demos, or a live album like the ones in the reissues.

Use bandcamp and also do a small vinyl run.

I don't get how really poor, struggling bands do this, but ye might Billy Corgan and SP with 100's if not 1000's hours of material are not capitalizing on it.

There are dozens of bootleg live shows that feature enough variation and jamming to warrant a high quality release that fans would pay for.

Old Today, 10:44 AM   #3287
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Not enjoying his arrogant and petty commentary. And I don’t need a band to officially sanction some outtakes to want to listen. Mfer should be glad anyone wants to listen at all.

Old Today, 10:59 AM   #3288
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Zeitgeist remix, huh.
Maybe he realizes that yeah the production is the problem

Old Today, 11:00 AM   #3289
smashingjj
netphoria deep state

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
And I donít need a band to officially sanction some outtakes to want to listen. Mfer should be glad anyone wants to listen at all.
what a dumb post. if they're not stolen from the band or leaked without them officially sanctioning it, that is exactly what you need in order to listen to them.

Old Today, 11:02 AM   #3290
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Iíve always been curious about people who blame Durst for that. I mean, were they not supposed to play the crux of their set? Their trademark song? They probably didnít go ďoh this crowd looks like a riot in waiting letís play Break Stuff.Ē He didnít really incite the crowd, with some extended hype thing, they just played the song?

I donít know much about Woodstock 99 so maybe Iím wrong, always wondered though.

Old Today, 12:35 PM   #3291
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

"In the summer of 1999, Limp Bizkit played at the highly anticipated Woodstock '99 show in front of approximately 200,000 people. Violent action sprang up during and after their performance, including fans tearing plywood from the walls during a performance of the song "Break Stuff". Several sexual assaults were reported in the aftermath of the concert. Durst stated during the concert, "People are getting hurt. Don't let anybody get hurt. But I don't think you should mellow out. That's what Alanis Morissette had you motherfuckers do. If someone falls, pick 'em up. We already let the negative energy out. Now we wanna let out the positive energy". Durst later stated in an interview, "I didn't see anybody getting hurt. You don't see that. When you're looking out on a sea of people and the stage is twenty feet in the air and you're performing, and you're feeling your music, how do they expect us to see something bad going on?" Les Claypool told The San Francisco Examiner, "Woodstock was just Durst being Durst. His attitude is 'no press is bad press', so he brings it on himself. He wallows in it. Still, he's a great guy."

Durst saw the band as being scapegoated for the event's controversy, and reflected on the criticisms surrounding the band in his music video for the single "Re-Arranged", which depicted the band members receiving death sentences for their participation in the concerts. The video ended with angry witnesses watching as the band drowned in milk while performing the song. Durst later stated that the promoters of Woodstock '99 were at fault for booking his band, due to their reputation for raucous performances."

https://pop-culture.fandom.com/wiki/Limp_Bizkit

Last edited by amoergosum : Today at 12:41 PM.

Old Today, 03:05 PM   #3292
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Wow, Billy seemed to imply there was some fallout between him and Jimmy Flemion. If Jimmy from The Frogs isn't safe from a Billy tantrum, who is?

Old Today, 03:11 PM   #3293
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Location: Trump first sold Hawaii to the Japanese to now be right saying Barack Obama isn't born in the United States. -Crognan's Bluff

Probably the members of Boris.

Old Today, 04:07 PM   #3294
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
what a dumb post. if they're not stolen from the band or leaked without them officially sanctioning it, that is exactly what you need in order to listen to them.
Wtf are you on about dutchie? He was implying that fans shouldnít listen to leaked material, and that their opinion on that material is irrelevant. I was implying that I donít care.

Old Today, 04:09 PM   #3295
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

haus of ass