Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #451
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Writing this...

"I find it funny that people act like Billy was all sunshine and rainbows these last 18 years when discussing the band. This is the dude who literally used the original band's album reissues to bash his fellow band members in the booklet and give himself all the credit. These reissues were meant to celebrate these albums not use them your personal podium to talk crap about your supposed friends aka bandmates. Even in their official residency documentary, he used it to bash James for the credit he gets for helping write "Mayonaise" and "Soma." Billy has said some vicious and horrid things. This is all Billy has done and up until last year he used the Pumpkins name to bash the band and deminish their roles whenever he could in the press. So honestly, if he can't take D'arcy speaking her mind about her side of events, he is a hypocrite.

The fact that he couldn't even have the courtesy to actually sit down in person with D'arcy like two human beings before rushing into a full on arena reunion tour speaks volumes. These four haven't played together in 18 frigging years. Jeez, what is wrong with simply hanging and jamming for fun?

Honestly, this whole fiasco fell apart because it was rushed instead of maturing naturally. It doesn't feel genuine. It all feels like a quick cash grab rather than four human beings who were once friends coming back together to reconnect and heal and remember that feeling they had playing music together. I think everyone bares a bit of the blame here. I think everyone should take responsibility for their crap and behave like mature adults.

As much as I would love to see these four together performing live again, if it's not real and genuine, then I'm not really into it. I don't want to see four people simply tolerating each for a paycheck just because I want to hear them play "Rhinoceros" or "Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans." I want them together because they actually want to be together and make music with each other again. It seems this tour was never really about that."

...got me banned from Smashing Pumpkins Facebook group. Meanwhile a bunch of people were liking it and responding in agreement. Linda Strawberry was posting in the group to attack D'arcy as well. I loved all the negative shittalking going on there about D'arcy. Really vicious stuff. You say something that Billy did that was bad, you have people being like "Don't be negative, only positive" LOL. Watching old grown men with Billy photos on their Facebook headers fawning all over Billy about being positive then turning and ripping D'arcy part. You'd think Linda was a bigger member of this band than D'arcy with these people. Kissing her ass.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #452
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Buttcannon won't publish that pic and have that on his conscience when she said in the interview she tried to OD before.

None of us are there and really know what D'arcy's life is like right now, but all we can do is offer our love and support, so that if she is having issues with health, that everyone supports her and encourages her to take care of herself the best she can.

Thank you, Buttcannon.

Here...have a shirt >>>

Old 02-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #453
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokefantastic View Post
I hate to defend Billy, but D'arcy is obviously a drug addled whack job. That's was the ramblings of a crazy person.
Oh nice to see all these sub-100 posters coming out of the woodwork to throw their ten cents in. There wasn't much rambling in her interview. It was just cold hard truth aboutcha boi BC and how he treats people behind closed doors.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #454
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Well I saw the pic on the Facebook page.obviously I have no context for it, but definitely in poor taste for whoever to posted that originally on Instagram. I doubt it’s actually billy but someone associated with the band in some capacity.

Jesus man. Take the high road once. Or hire some competent people to surround yourself with.

Last edited by wounded : 02-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #455
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
DArcy, I hope you're reading this and I want you to know that we...the hardcore internet fans from the mid 90s...completely support you and have your back. And moreover we feel liberated from the gaslighting and crazymaking egomaniacal Billy has put us through for 20 odd years.
You don't speak for us all. How about they are both lunatics and need to go away?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #456
s0ss
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerospaced View Post
That's the joke bruh
I liked it.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #457
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post

...got me banned from Smashing Pumpkins Facebook group. Meanwhile a bunch of people were liking it and responding in agreement. Linda Strawberry was posting in the group to attack D'arcy as well.
so the no-darcy-talk rule is invalid once Linda wants to shit on her? cool. doing it once wasn't enough for STrawdingle then.

a round of applause for Linda - you suck.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #458
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Writing this...
...got me banned from Smashing Pumpkins Facebook group. Meanwhile a bunch of people were liking it and responding in agreement. Linda Strawberry was posting in the group to attack D'arcy as well. I loved all the negative shittalking going on there about D'arcy. Really vicious stuff. You say something that Billy did that was bad, you have people being like "Don't be negative, only positive" LOL. Watching old grown men with Billy photos on their Facebook headers fawning all over Billy about being positive then turning and ripping D'arcy part. You'd think Linda was a bigger member of this band than D'arcy with these people. Kissing her ass.
which fb group, sad machines or is there another one? sad machines are complete asskissers to anyone who has ties to the band.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #459
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Also, interesting that the pic (which I haven't seen myself) everyone is talking about was posted on an instagram account that Airplane Mode follows. So he probably did put someone up to it.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #460
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Old 02-14-2018, 02:33 PM   #461
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Is he talking about the D'Arcy situation in this new Instagram post? Is he trying to supress his anger with spiritual references ('A Course in Miracles') ?

"It occurs to me that my music has been (and still is) a road map out of Hell, and not back to it, and I'm graced by the support of so many wonderful people in this moment."

Hey Buttcannon, did you read my post?...

>>>

https://www.alternativenation.net/bi...p-out-of-hell/

"Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan Reveals His ‘Road Map Out Of Hell’

Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has offered his first public comments since D’arcy Wretzky’s new interview with Alternative Nation. It’s unclear if he’s just generally talking about his career, or if this may be somewhat of a response to the interview."

Old 02-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #462
in stereo
Demi-God

Quote:
Writing this...

"I find it funny that people act like Billy was all sunshine and rainbows these last 18 years when discussing the band. This is the dude who literally used the original band's album reissues to bash his fellow band members in the booklet and give himself all the credit. These reissues were meant to celebrate these albums not use them your personal podium to talk crap about your supposed friends aka bandmates. Even in their official residency documentary, he used it to bash James for the credit he gets for helping write "Mayonaise" and "Soma." Billy has said some vicious and horrid things. This is all Billy has done and up until last year he used the Pumpkins name to bash the band and deminish their roles whenever he could in the press. So honestly, if he can't take D'arcy speaking her mind about her side of events, he is a hypocrite.

The fact that he couldn't even have the courtesy to actually sit down in person with D'arcy like two human beings before rushing into a full on arena reunion tour speaks volumes. These four haven't played together in 18 frigging years. Jeez, what is wrong with simply hanging and jamming for fun?

Honestly, this whole fiasco fell apart because it was rushed instead of maturing naturally. It doesn't feel genuine. It all feels like a quick cash grab rather than four human beings who were once friends coming back together to reconnect and heal and remember that feeling they had playing music together. I think everyone bares a bit of the blame here. I think everyone should take responsibility for their crap and behave like mature adults.

As much as I would love to see these four together performing live again, if it's not real and genuine, then I'm not really into it. I don't want to see four people simply tolerating each for a paycheck just because I want to hear them play "Rhinoceros" or "Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans." I want them together because they actually want to be together and make music with each other again. It seems this tour was never really about that."

No dissenting views! No thought crimes! Run2Me is a great song! Linda Strawberry is awesome!

Yeah, they are straight up losers in that FB group. I got banned within days.

Netphoria is still the best because at least 70% or more of us openly hate Billy and the Smashing Pumpkins.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:35 PM   #463
SPLATTER
Demi-God

so someone posted a pic of Darcy bloody and drunk and wasted?

wtf

does team billy really think that matters? darcy said herself she was in a bad way and trying to kill herself.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #464
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
Anyone else feeling triggered by all of this drama? Spending my evening last night on this has got me pretty damn depressed today.
Yes, i was surprised how much just reading the interview affected me physically

I think it has to do (for me at least) with a childhood learning that we don’t DARE speak the truth about emotional abuse, we deny and suppress and smile and go along and meanwhile become less and less human as the days go by....seeing someone open up so fully about it is deeply satisfying and cathartic for me, but also deeply harrowing in that it runs contrary to my deeply ingrained “rules” for surviving abuse...

Anyway, one thing that’s helped me today is to meditate on what a sheer fucking MIRACLE it was that these 4 people were able to come together and collectively overcome/endure their sicknesses just long enough to produce a run of music that remains (IMO) peerless and unimpeachable in its enduring brilliance

Last edited by run2pee : 02-14-2018 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Needed a few more “deeplys” mmmmmmm

Old 02-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #465
Crepe
Demi-God

Look, I haven't seen the picture and I dont wanna see it, but the term ''bloody'' makes me wonder what it is. Like she's bleeding?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #466
in stereo
Demi-God

Lol, can you imagine how Billy is feeling today?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #467
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

I saw the pic. No, I will not share, I've deleted it.

What's more disturbing than what's in the picture is the fact that Bill and/or his minions posted it with the caption.
WHAT PROFITS A WOMAN IF SHE GAINS NOTHING AND STILL LOSES HER SOUL? #smashingpumpkins

Like, this is beyond petty. This is abusive. This is traumatizing. This is sociopathic.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #468
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Linda Strawberry makes me want to vomit.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #469
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
which fb group, sad machines or is there another one? sad machines are complete asskissers to anyone who has ties to the band.
The group was just called Smashing Pumpkins on Facebook. No The before the name, just Smashing Pumpkins. The hypocrisy was climbing up the wall there.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #470
SPLATTER
Demi-God

can someone describe the pic if not post it? the curiosity is too much.

DM me anyone.

that caption reads like such a billy line.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #471
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

to say this isn't helping to calm down this topic.

but pale princess, can I get a hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
Like, this is beyond petty. This is abusive. This is traumatizing. This is sociopathic.

made the mistake to look on facebook.
no matter where this pops up - the screenshot of the original instagram combo with that line - I will nuke it here. because I feel sick to my stomach. please. do. not. post. this.

someone else used the term "triggering" - this is. thanks. and no thanks. go on facebook, any sp site, and look. it is out. the end.

this is the lowest must inhumane text image combo I have seen in splandia in 20something years. go fuck yourself, sadmachines and co. seriously. fuck.yourself.

I will fuck myself too and go play with t-shirts.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #472
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stereo View Post
No dissenting views! No thought crimes! Run2Me is a great song! Linda Strawberry is awesome!

Yeah, they are straight up losers in that FB group. I got banned within days.

Netphoria is still the best because at least 70% or more of us openly hate Billy and the Smashing Pumpkins.
Linda Strawberry was trying to spin her BS like she was doing something positive. I was like "Negative + Negative = Positive?" She didn't like that. She kept trying to shoehorn in "D'arcy is mentally ill" whenever she could. Linda was actually responding to me. I was like your post doesn't help any of this. This is between the band only and how she is not a part of the band. And now how she got her name in the headlines as Billy's little friend. She then was like, I feel bad that she may be mentally ill, so I'm gonna delete everything I wrote. What a fucking infesting worm Linda is.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #473
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'm kind of curious about the pic now but i wish i wasn't. someone can send it if they want but no pressure

Old 02-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #474
ilikeplanets
Braindead

oh i'm late af again. whatever. i still love the interview!

Old 02-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #475
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Linda Strawberry was trying to spin her BS like she was doing something positive. I was like "Negative + Negative = Positive?" She didn't like that. She kept trying to shoehorn in "D'arcy is mentally ill" whenever she could. Linda was actually responding to me. I was like your post doesn't help any of this. This is between the band only and how she is not a part of the band. And now how she got her name in the headlines as Billy's little friend. She then was like, I feel bad that she may be mentally ill, so I'm gonna delete everything I wrote. What a fucking infesting worm Linda is.
Should've saved screen caps so we can post them all over the internet.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #476
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
to say this isn't helping to calm down this topic.

but pale princess, can I get a hug.

made the mistake to look on facebook.

no matter where this pops up - the screenshot of the original instagram combo with that line - I will nuke it here. because I feel sick to my stomach. please. do. not. post. this.

someone else used the term "triggering" - this is. thanks.

go on facebook, any sp site, and look. it is out. the end.

this is the lowest must inhumane text image combo I have seen in splandia in 20something years. go fuck yourself, sadmachines and co. seriously. fuck.yourself.
I found it!

Can it be any grosser?

Old 02-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #477
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Should've saved screen caps so we can post them all over the internet.
Well lots of people were coming to my defense and liking what I wrote. I honestly didn't think I would be banned. I went to bed and woke up banned lol. I wish I screenshotted as well. It was late and I was tired. Not thinking.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #478
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

No worries, that's understandable.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #479
SPLATTER
Demi-God

how bad could the pic be? people are photo'd passed out all the time. nothing's shocking.

Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #480
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Brett needs to post an article not including the picture but highlighting that caption and how the Instagram account was linked to people in the camp. To highlight this kind of mental abuse.