Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #151
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

you can't get drunk on Tang. that said, any 'tang?

Old 06-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #152
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
thats like saying someone reeks of guilt if the cops were to suspect them of murder and they said "TAKE MY DNA AND SEARCH ANYTHING I OWN"
to columbo it would.
if cops were to accuse me of anything i didn't do i'd say "sorry but you're wrong". if they wanted to search my place i'd ask to see the warrant. why act all defensive like "NO NO NO i swear it isn't me", as if they were one step ahead of you? i'm not the one who's mistaken.

it all depends on people's personality. with my girlfriend i know i wouldn't expect that if she had nothing to hide.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #153
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I'm back from Cleveland and it was a clusterfuck. Most of her shit is packed up but I was hoping it would already be gone. My bros are some stand up mofos woot woot

Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 AM   #154
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

good to hear

Old 06-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #155
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

So yeah can't sleep so here's what I've been up to.

Flew out to Cleveland/Vermillion OH with my buddy Cobb to hang out with our buddy. The flight there was a nightmare...stuck on the tarmac in Richmond VA for 3 hours fuck that.

Anyway landed Saturday afternoon and grabbed a nap. That night we went to a fucking awesome bar in Cleveland called "Shooters" that was right on the river in an area called the Flats. I guess it used to be a shithole but they've done a good job of cleaning it up and making it pretty vogue. My buddy Cobb did a good job of keeping my spirits up and I danced with a couple of Hungarian/Puerto Rican girls on stage. Outside of that I bullshitted with quite a few ladies in an attempt to get back on the horse. I have no rhythm but it didn't seem to matter. There was some groping/getting groped and on a very superficial level it did me a world of good.

On Sunday I enjoyed a really nice lunch at a European deli before settling into a nice little bar call Rudy's in downtown Vermillion. This town is fucking middle America and I had a great time bullshitting with the other rummies. We talked and I told my tale of woe and Rudy pretty much ended up all but picking up my tab. Fucking standup guy.

On Monday I realized I had quickly become the town rummy. I woke up around noon and realized I didn't have any cigarettes (yeah since the breakup I've become a filthy smoker but am currently home and not smoking). As I walked down the street I thought I heard someone yell "FAG!!!" Well obviously I was quite taken aback but when i turned around I realized it was Rudy driving by yelling "PAT!!." He pulled over and suggested we take shots and I took him up on the offer. Just a couple of days in town and I'm being solicited by the local barkeeper to presumptively fund his daughter's orthodontist bill. So, I went to the bar for a few and was picked up by my buddies.

From the bar we headed to lake Eerie. My buddy Chad's dad is a sailor at heart and we met him on his 30 foot sailboat. We set off onto the lake into 22knot sustained winds with 30-33knot/hr gusts. It felt safe to me but after we got back I found out that is rather severe for the lake. As it is only a fucking lake it was only like 4-5 ft chop but we found ourselves close to sideways several times. I learned how to man the sail, battle the wind etc. It was fucking awesome. We saw quite a few boats push out from the river and then turn tail back upstream without even putting up any sail (fucking pussies). I smoked cigars with my buddies and felt fucking alive.

We got back to town around 7-8 and after showering we headed back to Rudy's. There I met the town bicycle and after a few drinks I was solicited sexually. Luckily, I still had my senses about me and after a stern waveoff from my buddy I decided to head home.

Monday was pretty uneventful. We went back to Cleveland and sampled some of the Great Lakes Breweries stoutest brews and met some cool locals. Luckily my buddy had to work during the day and served as our DD.

On Tuesday we woke up and headed to the local firing range. I now realize that rednecks are alive and well in the north but don't speak in southern accents or have Jesus stickers on the backs of their trucks. We blew the fuck out of some targets and while incredibly childish (and admittedly way too fucking southern) I felt much better. After firing off rounds it was time to head the airport stinking of cordite.

The flight out was a fucking nightmare. We ended up en route for about 10 hours and didn't even make it to Greenville. The closest we could get was Columbia, SC and I had to call in a favor from my little brother to get us the fuck home via 1.5 hour drive. My baggage is still in Washington DC and will probably be incinerated as it undoubtedly stinks of gunpowder.

All in all a great impromptu trip. As I said no more fucking smoking for me. I indulged during the trip but am done. In addition, I'm committed to drying out for a little while. I know the booze isn't a healthy crutch but sometimes the bottle is the only solace to be found. I am focused on using this bullshit as a turning point in my life and finally getting things turned in the right direction. If I bust my balls I can be making twice as much at this point next year and be working on a helicopter two years from now. More importantly getting through school with help me to escape this hellhole of civilization known as SC. Life is starting anew and goddamn it was it ever time for me to dig my head out of the sand and growup I've had one week of misery and now it's time to move on. If this breakup is what it takes to turn me around it will have been the best thing that ever happened to me.

Yeah I know tl:dr get a livejournal fuck off.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #156
Shapan
Socialphobic

hope everything works out, you've always seemed like a pretty nice dude

bad super nintendo joke aside

Old 06-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #157
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
From the bar we headed to lake Eerie.
like, that sounds like a spooky place!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #158
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

lol fuck yeah a little tired. at least i got to drive the mystery machine.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #159
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
. I know the booze isn't a healthy crutch but sometimes the bottle is the only solace to be found.
Yeah you gotta get a little drunk after a breakup to pick things up.