Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Exclamation Hey Ol' Couch Ass

good luck to your bolts in the finals man! it was painful to get our keisters handed to us by them last round, as it feels like the window for my Bs is closing (chara.. bergeron's age showing, krecji good but aging, marchand getting older, tuukka leaving in the middle of playoffs and aging.. krug likely signing elsewhere, etc. etc.)... i expected them to be deflated after the crushing defeat in game 7 of finals last year, but then when they had the best record in the regular season, i thought, hey we just might be able to run again this year.. and then covid, etc., and never got it back together. meanwhile your bolts are rolling, and even without the Stammer. and the core is only just approaching their primes.

i have to admit, my fondness for Khudobin for his time with the Bs, plus my animosity for the Bolts ripping our faces off in 5 games means i'm rooting for the stars, even though i'm no fan of smug pecker Seguin.

if Bolts win the Cup, i'll be pissed, but happy for you. let's go Hockey!!

Old 09-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

nah fam Go Stars

Old 09-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
Eulogy
huh

I will be happy for OCA if they win but also fuck them

Old 09-21-2020, 10:21 AM   #4
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

God I hope it happens this year- it would be a little mustard on the shit sandwich of 2020. We looked weirdly gassed for the first half of game 1 and Khudoben was studly throughout. I wish we had a shot at the remains of Ben Bishop as I'd fear him less than K. I'm not as despondent as I might've been in years past, though. The addition of guys like Maroon, Coleman and Goodrow give me hope that we'll get some secondary scoring when we really need it a few games from now. I suspect we'll see Stamkos at some point as he's been a full go in practice. It would be a stretch to expect too much from him but if nothing else he completely changes he complexion of our powerplay. With him and Kuch teed up for one timers from each side, it really is pick your poison. A lot is riding on Pointer's leg- his speed and edgework has been up and down over the past few games and he is the engine on that top line.

B's definitely look like they're due for a retool. The player market is going to be fucking bonkers the next few years so who the hell knows how that'll go. I know I fucking hate Marchand- and I really hate how fucking effective he is. Watching Chara skate off, I couldn't help but wonder if that was the last time I'd see him in a B's jersey. I'm always amazed that two organizations suffered through his growing pains just to give up on him (nice one Mike Miilbury ya fucking douche lol). Dude is a beast but played the game with respect. I remember a fight with Vincent Lecavalier about ten years back and Z had Vinny in a vulnerable spot- he could've dropped devastating blows upon Vin's delicate features. But, he held back even though he could've gotten away with needlessly pummeling an opponent.

Gary Bettman is a shady bastard but I have to give the NHL and the players association credit. This tournament has been legit and most importantly, I knew it was going to last from the first week. There was no fear that there'd be an epic flameout and it would all be pulled out from underneath us again. As for you guys cheering for the Stars, SUCK MY BIG D! GO BOLTS!

I'm about to hit the hay after a long night at work, I apologize if any of this makes no sense. Too tired to proofread. But again, the major take home here is FUCK THE STARS!

Old 09-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #5
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I will be happy for OCA if they win but also fuck them
Much appreciated. Pretty much how I felt about you and the Pens for their first cup with Sid- and then much less for subsequent ones especially when you'd go through us lol.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:30 AM   #6
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
God I hope it happens this year- it would be a little mustard on the shit sandwich of 2020. We looked weirdly gassed for the first half of game 1 and Khudoben was studly throughout. I wish we had a shot at the remains of Ben Bishop as I'd fear him less than K. I'm not as despondent as I might've been in years past, though. The addition of guys like Maroon, Coleman and Goodrow give me hope that we'll get some secondary scoring when we really need it a few games from now. I suspect we'll see Stamkos at some point as he's been a full go in practice. It would be a stretch to expect too much from him but if nothing else he completely changes he complexion of our powerplay. With him and Kuch teed up for one timers from each side, it really is pick your poison. A lot is riding on Pointer's leg- his speed and edgework has been up and down over the past few games and he is the engine on that top line.

B's definitely look like they're due for a retool. The player market is going to be fucking bonkers the next few years so who the hell knows how that'll go. I know I fucking hate Marchand- and I really hate how fucking effective he is. Watching Chara skate off, I couldn't help but wonder if that was the last time I'd see him in a B's jersey. I'm always amazed that two organizations suffered through his growing pains just to give up on him (nice one Mike Miilbury ya fucking douche lol). Dude is a beast but played the game with respect. I remember a fight with Vincent Lecavalier about ten years back and Z had Vinny in a vulnerable spot- he could've dropped devastating blows upon Vin's delicate features. But, he held back even though he could've gotten away with needlessly pummeling an opponent.

Gary Bettman is a shady bastard but I have to give the NHL and the players association credit. This tournament has been legit and most importantly, I knew it was going to last from the first week. There was no fear that there'd be an epic flameout and it would all be pulled out from underneath us again. As for you guys cheering for the Stars, SUCK MY BIG D! GO BOLTS!

I'm about to hit the hay after a long night at work, I apologize if any of this makes no sense. Too tired to proofread. But again, the major take home here is FUCK THE STARS!

i fucking hate maroon. piece of crap!

yeah i felt the same way watching chara skate off. was the first time i've EVER seen him do that, he always waits with bergeron to give every last player a high-five or a hug before exiting, every game. i got a little misty-eyed and just sat there stunned.

he's since made it clear he definitely wants to play next year, i really hope they bring him back. just out of respect. he's not even going to want that much money

caught some of the third period tonight, right when the goal was under review and got called back for offsides. it was essentially all tampa from that point, dallas wasn't mustering any offense in the back half.

i may make more of an effort to watch the games. i always have a hard time with it when the b's are done, but this should be a good series.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #7
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I'll admit, my ass was clenched once Dallas scored their second goal. God knows I love the Bolts but have to admit that this era of the team has been prone to painful playoff chokes at key moments and I feared the worst.

And hell yeah to keeping an eye on the final- it's always worth it. Even if I fucking hate the team that wins, there are always a few dudes raising the cup that give me them feels. If nothing else, it's worth tuning in to see Victor Hedman. Heddy is such a fucking beast in all phases of the game and by far the most valuable player in Lightning history. Much like Chara, it's insane to look at footage of them from their first few years vs their peaks. We drafted a Hedboy, and now he's a Hedman.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:42 PM   #8
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

O Captain! My Captain! Take my core muscles Stammer- I don't need them anymore.

Old 09-26-2020, 02:48 AM   #9
wHATcOLOR

damn dude you must be flying high right now. 3-1 series lead is a nice place to be

Old 09-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #10
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 09-27-2020, 12:11 AM   #11
wHATcOLOR

amazing game tonight

ol' nut chopper perry found a different way to chop your guys' nuts tonight

Old 09-29-2020, 05:12 AM   #12
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

2020 is the best year ever.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:16 AM   #13
wHATcOLOR

congrats man!! happy for ya. and i suppose it is nice to know that someone out there is able to find some joy this this crummy year

Old 09-30-2020, 03:17 AM   #14
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
congrats man!! happy for ya. and i suppose it is nice to know that someone out there is able to find some joy this this crummy year
Thanks man. Due to circumstances, my own enjoyment was sort of muted but the finish to this season will always be a bright spot in a shit year.