Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #31
penn darvis
Pledge

Remember this interview was done before Corgan announced the reunion.

Shit, who am I fooling? James isn't coming back.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #32
silverfrick
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by penn darvis
Remember this interview was done before Corgan announced the reunion.

Shit, who am I fooling? James isn't coming back.
I think you're right. I remember hearing the same thing during a Perfect Circle interview over a year ago. I think that interviewer did a cut and paste job on that one. If James actually said that currently to the press, more of a deal would have been made of it. And before you say the Pumpkins aren't big enough for James speaking out to be newsworthy, Jimmy's announcement to join Billy had its own little article in the Washington Post the next morning.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #33
penn darvis
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by silverfrick

I think you're right. I remember hearing the same thing during a Perfect Circle interview over a year ago. I think that interviewer did a cut and paste job on that one. If James actually said that currently to the press, more of a deal would have been made of it. And before you say the Pumpkins aren't big enough for James speaking out to be newsworthy, Jimmy's announcement to join Billy had its own little article in the Washington Post the next morning.
I don't know if the editor used an old statement or not, but even if he did contact James, it would have been before Billy made his announcement.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:45 PM   #34
Firefly
Pledge

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Ugly
"And he's Asian - they're not really big on feelings"

Classy, Billy. Classy.
I know! How disgusting! Since Billy thinks he's so God Damn intelligent he should now better then to say or think such an ignorant comment.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:50 PM   #35
melodic skys
Demi-God

Quote:

Classy, Billy. Classy.
you're taking it out of context... he was meaning they arn't big on showing their emotions or talking about them as much as other cultures.. this is true, not ignorant

Old 07-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #36
Firefly
Pledge

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by melodic skys

you're taking it out of context... he was meaning they arn't big on showing their emotions or talking about them as much as other cultures.. this is true, not ignorant
A person is a person regardless of their culture. Not every asian aren't big on showing their emotions.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:59 PM   #37
melodic skys
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally posted by Firefly

A person is a person regardless of their culture. Not every asian aren't big on showing their emotions.

uh duhh.. did i say EVERY did he say EVERY?

it is fair to make comments about general cultures.. there are differences between cultures and its not wrong to identify those differences. its not bigotry, or ignorance.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #38
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Arrow

That James comment was taken out of an interview in 2004 after Billy had originally blamed the breakup thing on him at billycorgan.com. It's the exact same statement word for word. It was during A Perfect Circle interview, James was asked abot it, gave that statement, then billy howerdel(sp?) said something about billy corgan being crazy, having 7 therapists tell him who was wrong, and that he was a great songwrite, but that was it.

Besides, this whole article was made before the revival announcement, the announcement occured at press time.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #39
Firefly
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoid
That James comment was taken out of an interview in 2004 after Billy had originally blamed the breakup thing on him at billycorgan.com. It's the exact same statement word for word. It was during A Perfect Circle interview, James was asked abot it, gave that statement, then billy howerdel(sp?) said something about billy corgan being crazy, having 7 therapists tell him who was wrong, and that he was a great songwrite, but that was it.

Besides, this whole article was made before the revival announcement, the announcement occured at press time.
That gives me hope.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:08 PM   #40
Firefly
Pledge

Quote:

it is fair to make comments about general cultures.. there are differences between cultures and its not wrong to identify those differences. its not bigotry, or ignorance.
By saying asians it's grouping them together. DUH!

I'm not accusing Billy of bigotry. But that was a stupid comment to make.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:21 PM   #41
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:

Classy, Billy. Classy.
I lolled at that. What a dumbass.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 PM   #42
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa

I lolled at that. What a dumbass.

It's funny because its true.

Old 07-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #43
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally posted by TuralyonW3
Comment: Anthony calls the song "Gish". Dumb.

Question: What are whippits? I stick to the
laughing gas, nitrous oxide, compressed air....anything you can inhale to mometarily cut off Oxygen to the brain is a whippit. Not worth the brain-cells for such a short, stupid buzz.

went to a rave once that someon brought a nitrous tank. it was fun for one night, but dumb. stick to the and the

Old 07-21-2005, 11:56 PM   #44
'|' jIMMY '|'
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Firefly

oh ok..

Old 07-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #45
eraserhead
Demi-God

Quote:

Classy, Billy. Classy.
Yes. I have to sadly admit that I lost a lot of respect for him after that one. What the fuck? Didn't all that LSD teach you anything Billy? At least James can compliment Billy in his response...

Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #46
COG
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Yeah, that was one thing that kinda pissed me off, was that James didn't say anything about the band breaking up, which probably means it was true. This is not for those of you who take Billy out of context when he says James broke up the band. Anyway, the part that upsets me is, who does Howerdal think he is to go off on Billy about something that dosn't concern him?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:05 AM   #47
eraserhead
Demi-God

Quote:

fuck you idiot, the concept of a singular distinctive "culture" with definite characteristics and boundarious is a gross generalization. How many years have you live in Asia dipshit? I grew up there (Philippines) and I can tell you that what we call "asia" is an enourmous physical area filled with incredibly diverse people (like everywhere else on our wonderful planet).
Plus James is way more Americanized (whatever the fuck that is) than Asian. And who writes the sappy, emotional songs like blew away, take me down, etc? Fucking idiot. I cannot believe you would stand up and defend Billy's bigoted statement. Can't the bald one ever utter a stupidity? Heres a clue: YES (see the machina mystery, etc.)

Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #48
penn darvis
Pledge

Holy shit, Billy said Irish people are emotional!

What a bigot!

Old 07-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #49
eraserhead
Demi-God

YES! Thank you! I missed that. It seems we (I?) tend to accept self depricating comments a lot more easily...

Old 07-22-2005, 01:38 AM   #50
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by alisonmonster

he just said hed sit em down and would give them options if they had any problems with anything and if they didn't care, or wouldnt say anything, then he would just do whatever. Its not like he didn't ask anybody- he said once that if you asked d'arcy why he would work on a certain portion of a song for hours, she'd have no clue. Its not like he's taking anyone's work away from them, it just seems like they were apathetic about it.
A few weeks ago he said he was the dictator of the smashing pumpkins. Contradictions. And in his blog he said they were useless.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:42 AM   #51
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by COG

Yeah, that was one thing that kinda pissed me off, was that James didn't say anything about the band breaking up, which probably means it was true.
Or it means that James is above playing the blame game and dishing out personal info to the press and dissing his former bandmates.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:46 AM   #52
Cherub Angel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead

Or it means that James is above playing the blame game and dishing out personal info to the press and dissing his former bandmates.
though I wish he would say more than just some stock PR answers.

I wouldn't completely exonerate James....I've heard from a few people that he often talked shit behind Corgan's back when the band was fully running. Not defending Billy for what he's doing, but these two have their share of playing dirty.

Last edited by Cherub Angel : 07-22-2005 at 02:12 AM.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:47 AM   #53
Wiggy
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPantyFAce
read the chilli peppers guy''s couple pages. darcy did whippits! thats awesome
Where is that?

Old 07-22-2005, 02:10 AM   #54
Glenna Glynis
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by eraserhead

Yes. I have to sadly admit that I lost a lot of respect for him after that one. What the fuck? Didn't all that LSD teach you anything Billy? At least James can compliment Billy in his response...
His making a general stament about asians being more resereved with there feelings...my girl friend is asian and
she thought is was pretty funny!
I personal think he's about ready to snap, and hopfully
the music to come, will reflect that!

Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 AM   #55
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Thumbs up

Asians. I give them a thumbs up for having attractive women. Thanks, asians!

Old 07-22-2005, 02:14 AM   #56
Cherub Angel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenna Glynis

I personal think he's about ready to snap, and hopfully
the music to come, will reflect that!
what one of my friends said....

"This guy is insane.....and he won't stop. He needs a girlfriend, stat."

I definitely think he needs to decompress a bit. There's letting it out and then there's snapping.......bad things can happen to those who snap.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:38 AM   #57
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:

that actually makes me feel a bit better, theres still hope. man, that sucks for people who don't know this, that seems like hes saying no if he said something like that just yesterday. while it is still doubtful, there is still possibility.

the asian thing made me laugh. pretty stupid, but funny.

Quote:
Asians. I give them a thumbs up for having attractive women. Thanks, asians!
ech, no dice. orientals as a whole arent too attractive, in my personal opinion.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:43 AM   #58
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Cherub Angel

I definitely think he needs to decompress a bit. There's letting it out and then there's snapping.......bad things can happen to those who snap.
I'm still holding out on Corgan showing up on the Surreal Life in about 3 years with Richard Hatch, Michael Dorn, Drea De Matteo and Tony Jaa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:04 AM   #59
Fat Cop
Pledge

Angry

Fuck you Billy.

Can you just give some straight answers?

:erm at the James comment...

Old 07-22-2005, 05:08 AM   #60
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally posted by Shapan

ech, no dice. orientals as a whole arent too attractive, in my personal opinion.
Haha, "orientals," this just gets better and better.