Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #181
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

chris cornelo killed himself becuz of fuzzyroes.

thanks a lot, fuzzyroes. thanks a lot.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #182
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Chris Cornell's suicide is affecting me more than I expected, and I've never really even followed his music. I mean, Soundgarden had some real cool jams, but I'm watching the Soundgarden rig rundown and realizing Chris Cornell is gone.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:50 PM   #183
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Childhood and Juvenile Absence Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Infantile Spasms/West’s Syndrome
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Ring Chromosome 20 Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Atypical Absence Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Secondarily Generalized Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures

There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?

Old 05-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #184
FoolofaTook

ATONIC

sounds like the title of the new sleep album.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #185
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures

There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?

Old 05-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #186
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
I'm glad you talk about it openly. Thanks it's been a while but it's happened many years ago now but it's something that I don't think me or my family will ever "get over". the feelings and hurt just mutate over time.
to be perfectly honest i typed up a follow up response where i went into more detail but i scrapped it because i don't wanna pity party and no one care.

regardless of that stuff though, i can't imagine what it feels like to lose a sibling to something like that. it's hard to judge a person who decided to end it, because it comes from pain that's impossible to deal with (and i know firsthand because i've considered it, as you say, many thousands of times) but it does leave an unbelievable amount of scorched earth.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:58 AM   #187
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures

The side effects being neurological and not crippling organs is a GOOD thing, that is precisely why it is a good choice as an anti-anxiety drug. It is also very very hard to die from taking too much lorazepam, unless it is mixed with another/other drug(s). And that is why they replaces barbiturates almost completely. BTW, your list is mostly different types of seizures and disorders that cause seizures.

I am very pro-CBT and other therapies for treating anxiety for many reasons. So I agree, benzos are not ideal and as a long term treatment should be near last resort. However, they are good drugs exactly because they have basically no toxic effects on the body, only temporary GABAnergic effects. Another drug that helps anxiety is alcohol, but it is much more addictive and much more damaging to the body.

As far as it causing suicidal ideation, two points. There are all sorts of medications that paradoxically raise problems they are supposed to be treating. For example, Advair which is an asthma medication, is correlated with a higher likelihood of dying from asthma. However, a large portion of that difference is because for someone to take Advair, their asthma is necessarily moderate to severe, which means they are much more likely to die from it in general, not because of the medication. However, that does not account for the entire statistic, to be sure. Similarly, someone taking benzos, especially long term, is much more likely to have all kinds of psychological symptoms precisely because they are the type of person who can benefit from taking benzos.

All of this being said, big pharma is a scam and I totally agree with that. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:20 AM   #188
brutechinasky
Demi-God

RIP Alan Vega
Hope someone titled his topic he's lying IN HELL Like Frankie.
Can't be bothered to search

Old 05-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #189
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

He's not in hell, he's just a ghost rider

Old 05-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #190
fuzzyroes
Banned

Fuck, more disturbing news coming out.

Turns out he was shooting up again.

"We've learned [Chris] had fresh track marks on his arm when his body was discovered in a Detroit hotel room.

"Sources connected to the investigation tell us the track marks were 'obvious.' The singer had a history of using drugs. The toxicology tests will reveal what drugs were found in Chris' system.

Further details about what went down that night:

"He was complaining about the show and his crew, saying, 'They fucked up again. They had 3 days to fix my in-ears and I was getting static. I couldn't hear.'

"He then started to complain, 'I blew my voice. I blew my voice.' He kept repeating it. And then he changed the subject to something that made no sense.

"Vicky says she knew something was seriously wrong and said to Chris, 'I need to know what you took tonight. You don't sound right, sweetheart.' He replied, 'I was really angry and I just took two Ativan. I'm really pissed and I had to calm myself down.'

"Vicky replied, 'I need to know what you took. It doesn't sound like two Ativan. It sounds like you took something else. You need to tell me now what you took. I forgive you.'

"Vicky says at that point Chris' entire demeanor changed. He got aggressive - not toward her - but his tone was 'cocky and aggressive.' She says she immediately had a flashback to 14 years before, when Chris was abusing Oxycontin, when it got so bad at one point he nearly died.

"Chris then changed the subject and made no sense at all. Vicky panicked, hung up and called Chris' bodyguard, begging him to race over to his room and get inside, and she said if he had to knock the door down then so be it. She had never had someone check on him in 14 years, but she was afraid he would die.

"She says the bodyguard knocked down the front door but couldn't knock down the second, so she used a second phone to call the hotel and plead with them to open the interior door. She was screaming, 'He's having a heart attack.'

"Vicky was still on the phone with the bodyguard when he was able to knock down the second door and saw Chris' body hanging from an exercise band.

"Vicky says it took around 30 minutes from the time she hung up with Chris to the time the bodyguard found Chris."

Old 05-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #191
fuzzyroes
Banned

Still can't really believe it. I always assumed Cornell was one of the more well adjusted artists who came out of the alt-rock boom.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:25 PM   #192
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

that's terrible. another opiate epidemic-related death, sucks it had to end that way for him and that his family has to live with it

Old 05-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #193
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

man that sounds absolutely gutting for his wife. i feel so bar for her

Old 05-29-2017, 12:14 AM   #194
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Fuck, more disturbing news coming out.

Turns out he was shooting up again.

"We've learned [Chris] had fresh track marks on his arm when his body was discovered in a Detroit hotel room.

"Sources connected to the investigation tell us the track marks were 'obvious.' The singer had a history of using drugs. The toxicology tests will reveal what drugs were found in Chris' system.

Further details about what went down that night:

"He was complaining about the show and his crew, saying, 'They fucked up again. They had 3 days to fix my in-ears and I was getting static. I couldn't hear.'

"He then started to complain, 'I blew my voice. I blew my voice.' He kept repeating it. And then he changed the subject to something that made no sense.

"Vicky says she knew something was seriously wrong and said to Chris, 'I need to know what you took tonight. You don't sound right, sweetheart.' He replied, 'I was really angry and I just took two Ativan. I'm really pissed and I had to calm myself down.'

"Vicky replied, 'I need to know what you took. It doesn't sound like two Ativan. It sounds like you took something else. You need to tell me now what you took. I forgive you.'

"Vicky says at that point Chris' entire demeanor changed. He got aggressive - not toward her - but his tone was 'cocky and aggressive.' She says she immediately had a flashback to 14 years before, when Chris was abusing Oxycontin, when it got so bad at one point he nearly died.

"Chris then changed the subject and made no sense at all. Vicky panicked, hung up and called Chris' bodyguard, begging him to race over to his room and get inside, and she said if he had to knock the door down then so be it. She had never had someone check on him in 14 years, but she was afraid he would die.

"She says the bodyguard knocked down the front door but couldn't knock down the second, so she used a second phone to call the hotel and plead with them to open the interior door. She was screaming, 'He's having a heart attack.'

"Vicky was still on the phone with the bodyguard when he was able to knock down the second door and saw Chris' body hanging from an exercise band.

"Vicky says it took around 30 minutes from the time she hung up with Chris to the time the bodyguard found Chris."

Don't get sucked in with emotions about a suicide of this nature. If you want to know more about his mindset, stick to how its being portrayed he killed himself and put it up against what's known about the actual scene itself.

Quote:
(AP) - A newspaper is reporting that a Detroit police report says a bodyguard gave singer Chris Cornell two prescription pills for anxiety about an hour before finding him unresponsive on the bathroom floor of a hotel room.
First discrepancy. Was he found suspended, or on the floor? No small matter involving a hanging. The above is alleged to be from a police report obtained by the Detroit Free Press. It states he was on the floor, if true, next question: how did he end up there after choking to death hanging from a 'band' around his neck?

Old 05-29-2017, 12:35 AM   #195
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

We went through this with Robin Williams, TOC. Partial suspension hanging often ends with the person on the floor, in an almost sitting position.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:56 AM   #196
redbreegull

but but but conspiracies!

Old 05-29-2017, 03:47 AM   #197
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

the lizard people killed Pharell Cornwell

Old 05-29-2017, 03:50 AM   #198
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Like a stoner

Old 05-29-2017, 09:45 AM   #199
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
but but but conspiracies!
But life is so much more fun with conspiracies! Imagine a world where we don't have to face the truth, but rather, can invent alternate realities that match with the way we see the world!

Old 05-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #200
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty sp View Post
Like a stoner
https://media.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.gif

Old 05-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #201
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

So much potential for puns with this guy and THAT'S what you go with?

Old 05-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #202
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i love how TOC trusts a newspaper when it suits his needs but otherwise will shit on all of them except like infowars

Old 05-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #203
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

anyway, back to chris cornell. it's just a shame... i wonder if he was very burnt out on the tour and decided he couldn't keep doing it? imagine feeling that way but still having weeks or months of shows

Old 05-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #204
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

But he was touring all the time, even on his own. While the other guys sat on their hands, he'd go out and do solo shows on the reg. Definitely seemed like one of those "he's working hard so that he doesn't slip into old habits" deals.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:39 PM   #205
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

There's so many elements that could've pushed him in the wrong direction. Just for example, his mother in law was on Twitter blasting Eddie Vedder for not going to the funeral. Imagine a life with all the pressure of a famous musician on top of having shitty family like that. Who knows.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #206
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
So much potential for puns with this guy and THAT'S what you go with?
Ok can you come up with some good ones?

Old 05-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #207
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

No. I love puns and am still too sad about Cornell's passing.

You don't have to be very creative with it, y'know. They only have about a dozen songs that could be spun into Cornell death puns.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #208
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

BLACK HOLE CHRIS CORNELL DIED

how's this one?

Old 05-30-2017, 12:03 AM   #209
redbreegull

hey guys I want to kill the shit out of myself also

Old 05-30-2017, 12:03 AM   #210
redbreegull

it's cool how people who seem totally fine and have happy families and shit can just snap one day and fucking KILL THE SHIT OUT OF THEMSELVES