Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2020, 11:13 PM   #31
Shallowed
Braindead
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
someone posted this in discord a bit back and it's super cool: https://melody.ml/
I just tried uploading a flac of Doomsday Clock to this to see what it does, and I mean.... machine learning technology is impressive, but this definitely still at "proof of concept" stage, not something that should be used as a means of well-intended audio production.

I got given two mp3 files which claim to be 320kbps, but have a severe cutoff of frequencies above 11kHz

https://i.imgur.com/T4xmskc.png

It sounds like it's being played through a phone call, and then a flanger pedal

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #32
eviltimeban
Ownz
 
eviltimeban's Avatar
 
Posts: 664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I just tried uploading a flac of Doomsday Clock to this to see what it does, and I mean.... machine learning technology is impressive, but this definitely still at "proof of concept" stage, not something that should be used as a means of well-intended audio production.

I got given two mp3 files which claim to be 320kbps, but have a severe cutoff of frequencies above 11kHz

https://i.imgur.com/T4xmskc.png

It sounds like it's being played through a phone call, and then a flanger pedal
Yeah, I tried it as well and it didn't do what it was supposed to. The vocal was a bit clearer but it sounded weird.

That "new mix" is no different.

I'm gonna try the Spleeter software and see if that works.

 
eviltimeban is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:16 AM   #33
toase
Apocalyptic Poster
 
toase's Avatar
 
Location: AA meetings
Posts: 3,921
Default

The vocals are still loud
How about no vocals zeitgeist?

 
toase is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:21 AM   #34
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The beard keeps growing to hard times for his shaver...
Posts: 34,127
Thumbs up

yeah i totes feel this. like united states would actually sound cool with no singing.

i feel the same way about rhcp btw and stadium. the instruments sound cool. anthony needs to die.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #35
toase
Apocalyptic Poster
 
toase's Avatar
 
Location: AA meetings
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
yeah i totes feel this. like united states would actually sound cool with no singing.

i feel the same way about rhcp btw and stadium. the instruments sound cool. anthony needs to die.
I love when he posts here

 
toase is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #36
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The beard keeps growing to hard times for his shaver...
Posts: 34,127
Default

But ... what about us?


 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #37
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Woody's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicycle View Post
Below is a fanmade remix of Doomsday Clock that puts Willie's vocals back down where they should be.
Honestly, doesn't sound that different.
Willie's vocals can go lower. I want them BURIED.

Agree with the point about these vocals being too lethargic compared to the music, but I'm pretty sure it's salvageable in the right hands.

Bill should release the seeds and let Netphoria mix everything. We'll put him back on top.

 
Woody is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:54 AM   #38
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Woody's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
"Zeitgeist is a hidden gem"

no man, this is a hidden gem

The way Billy sings "death from aburrrrv" is why his career is now in the toilet.

Everything about that is bad.

 
Woody is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #39
incubator
Demi-God
 
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Agree with the point about these vocals being too lethargic compared to the music, but I'm pretty sure it's salvageable in the right hands.
It'd be very easy to create a new mix of Zeitgeist with "classic" vocals.

1. Isolate the vocals from a bunch of older songs
2. Cut them up into words and phrases
3. Assemble new vocal tracks for Zeitgeist songs and then click the autotune button

You'd need to take some liberties with lyrics as I can't think of any old songs where he mentions "clowns", "showers", "jackals", "balls" and fighting for a revolution tonight.

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:42 AM   #40
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
You'd need to take some liberties with lyrics as I can't think of any old songs where he mentions… "jackals"…
He once said that he says "KABOOM" in the eyes of one.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #41
toase
Apocalyptic Poster
 
toase's Avatar
 
Location: AA meetings
Posts: 3,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
But ... what about us?

I love all of you, hurt by the snow (? cold? I don't know)
that's the way my love is, for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
It'd be very easy to create a new mix of Zeitgeist with "classic" vocals.

1. Isolate the vocals from a bunch of older songs
2. Cut them up into words and phrases
3. Assemble new vocal tracks for Zeitgeist songs and then click the autotune button

You'd need to take some liberties with lyrics as I can't think of any old songs where he mentions "clowns", "showers", "jackals", "balls" and fighting for a revolution tonight.
you want a billy corgan vocaloid
now I want zeitgeist with hatsune miku


 
toase is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #42
toase
Apocalyptic Poster
 
toase's Avatar
 
Location: AA meetings
Posts: 3,921
Default

lol that video is so funny

 
toase is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #43
incubator
Demi-God
 
Posts: 462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
He once said that he says "KABOOM" in the eyes of one.
doh

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:42 AM   #44
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere trying to deal with all the "bougie" dipshits!
Posts: 1,935
Default

that DFA video is amazing, i'm sure i've seen it before, but wow

also, the song is fine, if you actively hate on that one you're wasting your time & energy

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:17 AM   #45
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I love all of you, hurt by the snow (? cold? I don't know)
that's the way my love is, for you



you want a billy corgan vocaloid
now I want zeitgeist with hatsune miku

Yo, I actually like that a lot hahaha.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:54 AM   #46
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
"Zeitgeist is a hidden gem"

no man, this is a hidden gem

When that video first came out, I thought the “What’s left? Bananas” part was so, so funny.

I’m surprised I still find it to be hilarious.

 
Reyngel is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:02 AM   #47
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 31,429
Default

i no teh screllys!

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #48
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere trying to deal with all the "bougie" dipshits!
Posts: 1,935
Default

Hatsune video reminded me of this


 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #49
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,864
Default

When can I go "I played animal crossing before it was cool!"?

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:20 PM   #50
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The beard keeps growing to hard times for his shaver...
Posts: 34,127
Default

animal crossing is cool?

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #51
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The beard keeps growing to hard times for his shaver...
Posts: 34,127
Default

just kidding wata plays it so i'm sure its aight



 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #52
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere trying to deal with all the "bougie" dipshits!
Posts: 1,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
When can I go "I played animal crossing before it was cool!"?
is this just covered by having played the original in the Gamecube era? that's still actually the only one i've played

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #53
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
animal crossing is cool?
It seems a lot of the internet is deep into the new one, so sure I guess

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #54
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
is this just covered by having played the original in the Gamecube era? that's still actually the only one i've played
For sure, that is probably the best one still.
You could get real nintendo games to play in it.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #55
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere trying to deal with all the "bougie" dipshits!
Posts: 1,935
Default

oh yeah i'd dedicated my little (in-game) basement to those

kinda wish i still had it, but i wish even more i could find my copy of Wind Waker

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #56
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
oh yeah i'd dedicated my little (in-game) basement to those

kinda wish i still had it, but i wish even more i could find my copy of Wind Waker
Wind Waker is the shit!

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:42 PM   #57
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere trying to deal with all the "bougie" dipshits!
Posts: 1,935
Default

ye, my favorite game for the system 4 sure

honestly think it was stolen by this guy who moved into my old living room years ago.

this guy later went on to be arrested for murder

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #58
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,864
Default

At least they didn't piss on your gamecube

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #59
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Joey Goldberg's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere trying to deal with all the "bougie" dipshits!
Posts: 1,935
Default

boy wouldn't that be the twist of the century

 
Joey Goldberg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #60
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The beard keeps growing to hard times for his shaver...
Posts: 34,127
Default

ur dad is the screw of the century



 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sp.com NEWS: Doomsday Clock video!!! The Gaddrow Pumpkins Archive 112 01-18-2008 04:12 PM
Has Doomsday clock been released as a radio single? candycane Pumpkins Archive 18 07-17-2007 03:10 AM
BUMBLEBEE IS DOOMSDAY CLOCK. lol love police Pumpkins Archive 23 06-28-2007 07:40 PM
Tarantula and Doomsday Clock ruined by Billy's production? ckeegan Pumpkins Archive 93 06-26-2007 09:13 PM
Doomsday Clock lyrics tcm Pumpkins Archive 91 06-23-2007 11:55 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2019