Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #181
redbreegull
Immortal

Lincoln was definitely racist, but relative to his time he was a raging liberal. He believed strongly in abolition (again for the third time this was the fundamental issue the Republican party was built on) but he struggled to personally view black people as equal.

The Republicans were an abolitionist party. They ran Lincoln, who won, and when that happened the slave states started seceding, specifically citing slavery as the reason for their split. I can post the declarations of independence of some confederate states if you nazis need some primary sources. I'm always happy to educate.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #182
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

From the sounds of it Lincoln opposed slavery but didn't quite make it to 2017. Which is pretty normal. Relative to 1860, this very was progressive. How was the civil war not about slavery? Why does everything gotta be all or nothing to you guys

Old 01-18-2017, 03:28 PM   #183
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Lincoln was definitely racist, but relative to his time he was a raging liberal. He believed strongly in abolition (again for the third time this was the fundamental issue the Republican party was built on) but he struggled to personally view black people as equal.

The Republicans were an abolitionist party. They ran Lincoln, who won, and when that happened the slave states started seceding, specifically citing slavery as the reason for their split. I can post the declarations of independence of some confederate states if you nazis need some primary sources. I'm always happy to educate.
I wrote what rbg wrote here and this post is meant to emphasize this point

Old 01-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #184
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
you aren't even capable of emphasizing a point, you just troll everyone's reputation profiles because you're a fat cunt face with nothing else to do
Good adult conversation here guys

Old 01-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #185
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

Quote:
oh ffs, WELCOME TO AN ADULT CONVERSATION- your link doesn't even show anything substantial towards this discussion..i didn't post those quotes to imply that racism was OK by any means, we were just having a pissing contest on who got the "right" story in history class you ignorant fish mouth.

nice to hear you have a good plug on the white supremacy sites and was able to find the same quotes repeated there i think?

it's also impossible not to laugh when people like you complain about the meaning of what "progress" is in america..make your own path, blaze your own trail- lead by example instead of opinion!

you people waiting and hoping for this guy to fail only to validate your own bias and irrational suspicions is basically like hoping that the pilot from a huge airplane we're ALL riding in to fuck up and crash into a mountain.
I don't understand the last sentence considering the conversation topic is abraham lincoln

Old 01-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #186
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

Oh ffs (for fuck's sake)

Old 01-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #187
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

Damn I'm staring to think that I might not be the worst poster here after all.

Dade could really benefit from a sabbath sundown service singalong (featuring acoustic guitars ovations in all likelihood)

Old 01-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #188
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:

if only poots and myself could understand more than 6 sentences at a time maybe we might learn something here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots
There is so much misinformation in the above post that it's hard to know where to begin
my post was 6 sentences long. If I was able to put so much "misinformation" into those 6 sentences that the idea of responding is overwhelming, I must be either be the shit or you guys must be really really dumb

Old 01-18-2017, 05:43 PM   #189
scottytheoneand
Shut the fuck up!

Location: "You are the poster child for an uninformed brainwashed American" -OmegaConcern

Trump's new slogan:

"Keep America Great"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0cf0ae8810f52

Quote:
Yeah, Trump’s new slogan is literally the same exact one used in the fittingly titled horror movie “The Purge: Election Year.”

(You really can’t make this stuff up.)

Actually, the movie basically made the slogan as a way to troll Trump. While discussing the film, star Frank Grillo told Comicbook.com:

“In the beginning when we shot the movie it wasn’t called Purge: Election Year,” Grillo reveals. “Oddly enough, the guy who plays the President in the movie, he plays him like Trump - totally by accident. There’s a lot of parallels between the GOP race and the movie and the messages that are being put forward and then Universal got this great idea to call it Purge: Election Year.”
And now, the president-elect wants to use the slogan from the film as his own:

Old 01-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #190
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Damn I'm staring to think that I might not be the worst poster here after all.

Dade could really benefit from a sabbath sundown service singalong (featuring acoustic guitars ovations in all likelihood)
You are a decent enough and alright human bean on the mend. We are all rooting for you

Old 01-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #191
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

Quote:
yeah.. good thing you were the first to point that out

if only poots and myself could understand more than 6 sentences at a time maybe we might learn something here?
Poots' trolling style is to aay racist shit and see who expounds on it. Comgrats. You took the bait. Wake up

Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #192
ohnoitsbonnie
sperzie ✩ bonen

I vacationed in the south central applalachians this past summer and near the cabin we rented there was what stood a home, that, unfortunately is most accurately described as a shed. They had a hound dog on a tether with a now heeled very broken foot (bent 90* all the way back). They asked for (metal) cans and such so I would put them in a bag and then drop them off but dang it was hard to watch that old guy hobble and see the tv going off inside this mildew crusted habitat. My contribution to #thirtydays and real america.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #193
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
my post was 6 sentences long. If I was able to put so much "misinformation" into those 6 sentences that the idea of responding is overwhelming, I must be either be the shit or you guys must be really really dumb
You must have missed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Segregation first reared it's head in 1832, and it was over tariffs, not slavery. Took is right that states rights had been an issue since the Revolution. So much so that the first government we formed was a confederation where the states held all the power. Many states would have never ratified the Constitution if they had known that once signed, they would never be able to leave. States rights is an issue that goes well beyond slavery, and it is still seen in US politics today, so of course it can't all be about slavery.

As far as Lincoln and the Republicans, they only wanted to make the western territories free, not free any slave in the South. Its true that southerners saw that as a threat to their way of life (which included slavery), and seceded. However, seceding is not the same as starting a war. The election of Lincoln caused many of the southern states to leave the Union, but it was Lincoln raising a million man army to invade the South that caused the Civil War. Of course, he needed a convenient excuse, and that was the "battle" of Ft. Sumter, in which no one died. It was the Reichstag fire of its day, and was Lincoln's justification for starting the war and invading the South to force millions of people, against their will, back into a union that they had legally and democratically left.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union."

Abraham Lincoln, August 1862

This was written a whole four months before he issued the Emancipation Proclamation (for which Lincoln has been basically canonized as a civil rights saint), which was only passed to assure that Great Britain would not enter the war on the side of the Confederacy. It also didn't even free the slaves in Maryland, Kentucky, Missouri, or Delaware, as those remained in the Union. What kind of humanitarian would do this? Slavery is a huge red herring, a moral facade to put on a war that was really about centralizing power in a federal government that was increasingly dominated by northern industrial interests and banks. This was readily apparent to those in the South; why else would the common southern farmer, who owned no slaves, fight for the 5% of the rich to own slaves? They obviously were fighting to defend their homes from invasion, and against the tyranny of the federal government.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #194
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

You must have missed a splinter when you extracted the bamboo shoots from your rectum.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #195
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Only a handful (no more than three) of the seceding slave states even mention slavery in their orders of secession (and then they do so in passing).

And you are completely wrong about the Republican Party being one of abolitionism. They only pledged to outlaw slavery in the western territories. Furthermore, after secession, Republicans were practically begging the South to re-enter the Union, guaranteeing the protection of slavery in the form of a constitutional amendment (Corwin Amendment), but the South refused. Lincoln supported it as well. So "progressive" and "abolitionist" were the Republicans that they left the offer out there until 1864, when Union victory was almost assured.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #196
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Only a handful (no more than three) of the seceding slave states even mention slavery in their orders of secession (and then they do so in passing).

And you are completely wrong about the Republican Party being one of abolitionism. They only pledged to outlaw slavery in the western territories. Furthermore, after secession, Republicans were practically begging the South to re-enter the Union, guaranteeing the protection of slavery in the form of a constitutional amendment (Corwin Amendment), but the South refused. Lincoln supported it as well. So "progressive" and "abolitionist" were the Republicans that they left the offer out there until 1864, when Union victory was almost assured.
ladies and gentlemen, John Wilkes Boothe

Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #197
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz

clearly it is total coincidence that every slave state fought on one side and every free state fought on the other. lol i mean this level of bullshit is kind if unreal

Old 01-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #198
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz

the single biggest factor behind the formation of republican party was the repeal of the Missouri compromise. they are literally named republicans in homage of Jefferson's party which got the slave trade banned

Old 01-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #199
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz

oh hey what was the first republican slogan from the 1850s?

"free labor, free land, free men"

direct reference to the basis of their whole party, the dismantling of the plantation and slavery system. yeah so lincoln said whatever he needed to say to get elected why exactly is that surprising? he was on the campaign trail saying blacks are inferior in one town and blacks are our brothers in the next town depending on what the audience wanted to hear. welcome to politics

Old 01-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #200
fuzzyroes
Socialphobic

Quote:
We've really started some intelligent dialogue here guys!

scotty using fake news to bitch about fake news, rgb perpetuating his moral high ground and supreme education, and then libtards like elph naming "the biggest smackdown of 2016" a bald Muslim man shaking the constitution in Trump's face?

In case you didn't leave your house or access the internet in November of 2016 then no- the biggest "smackdown" of 2016 was 304 electoral votes, and the pendulum swinging back the other direction. Fuck this "popular vote" argument, it means absolutely shit nothing.

scotty if you need a safe space to go cry about racism and Trump with online strangers then you're probably the safest staying in the comments section of HuffPo.com.

I swear it's like your heads just pop off the pillows in the mornings asking yourselves "how can I be the best professional victim today?"

The real issue between you boneheads is that you'd rather be condescending inside a few sentences than actually even attempt to articulate your own point of view. Is this because you haven't fully developed your own thoughts outside of what the media feeds you? Or is it that you just enjoy the conflict? (similar to that of a low budget soap opera)

I mean look at all the REAL SUBSTANCE in the opposing comments above! It sure is attractive when you condescend those with different views/understandings of things. Must be nice inside your echo chamber where you can pigeon hole everyone else as a bigot or racist who doesn't agree with you. The best part of course is that you have no real ability to debate ANY of these things with statistics, or much less any factual information.

Sad truth here is that none of us really know how this Trump presidency is about to pan out, but I am certain he isn't going to destroy the country nor is Russia going to make us their "puppet". It's easy to cast blame that they "manipulated our democratic system"- but in reality they didn't manipulate anything, they simply uncovered all the corruption in the very "system" that you fucktards are whining was messed with in the first place!

It's really not a crazy thing to assume that if Hilary had won, NONE of you would be complaining about other countries interfering- because surely the millions of dollars that's been filtered through the Clinton foundation has never interfered or influenced anything in this country right?
dude just destroyed you all. RBG, Scotty and Bonnie are speechless and it's a beautiful thing

Old 01-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #201
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
clearly it is total coincidence that every slave state fought on one side and every free state fought on the other. lol i mean this level of bullshit is kind if unreal
Five slave states remained in the Union and fought against the South.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 PM   #202
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
the single biggest factor behind the formation of republican party was the repeal of the Missouri compromise. they are literally named republicans in homage of Jefferson's party which got the slave trade banned
The slave trade was banned by the Constitution which had a sundown clause on the slave trade. Because of this, it ended in 1808 and had nothing to do with Jefferson or his party.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 PM   #203
Poots
Minion of Satan

Quote:
oh hey what was the first republican slogan from the 1850s?

"free labor, free land, free men"

direct reference to the basis of their whole party, the dismantling of the plantation and slavery system. yeah so lincoln said whatever he needed to say to get elected why exactly is that surprising? he was on the campaign trail saying blacks are inferior in one town and blacks are our brothers in the next town depending on what the audience wanted to hear. welcome to politics
The Republican party wanted a free West. Abolition in the South was not advocated by even the most radical wings of the party until halfway through the Civil War. Furthermore, their reasoning for ending slavery had nothing to do with humanitarian reasons for blacks, but so that a large free white (and any other race) labor pool would be readily available for northern industries and western railroads. Free labor is much cheaper than slaves. Profits could be maximized with what amounted to wage slavery. This is readily seen in the post war industrial boom in the United States.

I don't know where you learned (I use that term loosely) about American history but I suspect it was from "Fun Civil War Facts!" on the back of a Fruity Pebbles box.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #204
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

Still no update on the rectal bamboo splinter?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:42 PM   #205
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

Old 01-18-2017, 10:43 PM   #206
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

(and to think some ppl have me on ignore! poor beggars)

Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 PM   #207
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
(and to think some ppl have me on ignore! poor beggars)
I don't know why anyone would bothering ignoring you when we have users like poots and fuzzyroes

Old 01-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #208
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

Good point. They've totally out-tooked me.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:10 PM   #209
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
Good point. They've totally out-tooked me.
I finally put poots on ignore because his aping of your posting style in between his alt-right wet dream posts crossed the line

Old 01-19-2017, 04:04 AM   #210
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan

You put people on ignore because you're a coward.