Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2002, 05:26 PM   #1
Travis Meeks

Post Post here if you never listen to Zwan

I don't mean that you dislike them. I am very indifferent about them. I don't know why but I've only dled about 3 songs by zwan and been lazy about getting some more. I've been a huge sp fan since 95 too. Billy would slap box me i think. Don't tell him

Old 02-26-2002, 05:27 PM   #2
Aeroplane

Well, I've never heard them live like many people.

Old 02-26-2002, 05:29 PM   #3
GhostChild

I don't listen to em much anymore,

-Jason

Old 02-26-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
THE MACHINA666

I tried to d/l a few tracks, but 95% of what I was hearing is a stupid moron screaming at top of his lungs all the way through.

So I said fuck off.

Never really bothered asking where else to find GOOD mp3s of other shows/better recording... I dunno... I'm not exactly sure it's going to be that great anyway (or at least by my tastes), just a feeling...

Old 02-26-2002, 06:28 PM   #5
Junebug

I heard 4 songs about two months ago, and then didn't start listening to the rest of the songs until Saturday. They're not as good as SP (and I know we're not supposed to compare them but so what), but definatly worth a listen. Really, you should give them a try. I found all the songs on Morpheus and none of them have anyone screaming on them....Spilled Milk, Jesus I, Broken Heart and Chicks Just Get in the Way are great. Honestly, I was glad I took the time to download them all.

Old 02-26-2002, 06:43 PM   #6
Liquid-J

i downloaded them all when they were first becoming available. i really liked and so i died of a broken heart. i almost sort of liked some of the others, but then i realized i had just convinced myself that they were good when I really didnt think they were. i've since deleted them and have had no desire to hear them again. boo hoo. *cries a river*

Old 02-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
stumblingdreamer

whatever happened to the rumour that they were a Led Zepplin cover band?

Old 02-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #8
Elvis The Fat Years

Red face

billy lost me when he started all this machina mystery, god, zwan bullshit.

billy and jimmy need to start doing drugs again. d'arcy needs to put on a see through shirt, and james uhh, just needs to james and they should start making good music again.

fuck the mystery. fuck god. fuck zwan. give me my rock n' roll.

Old 02-26-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
Mr Snatch-O-Rama

Heard songs when they came out. Thought they were rubbish. Deleted them forthwith.

Old 02-26-2002, 07:47 PM   #10
Smiley

I have all of the shows in good quality (well, except for the early 12/13 set), but I barely listen to them at all. I don't know... I guess I prefer to hear studio versions of songs first and then hear live recordings.

Wait... that's not true. In 1999 I was obsessed with the new Arising songs. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I don't listen to Zwan more! I think I'll listen to the Galaxy show now. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

[This message has been edited by Smiley (edited 02-26-2002).]

Old 02-26-2002, 08:03 PM   #11
peabody

Red face

I downloaded 2 songs, one of which is unlistenable because it is mostly some guys going, "OMG!!! YEAH!!!! HELL YEAH!!! WOOO!!! AHHH!" So yeah, that was annoying. The other one, I dunno what it's called, is actually kinda a good song.

Old 02-26-2002, 08:03 PM   #12
if there is a llama

What is a good site to download Zwan mp3's? I know its been posted a thousand times, so I apologize. I would just use Direct Connect, but for some reason I can't download more than 99 bytes per second.

David

Old 02-26-2002, 08:06 PM   #13
obscured01

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by if there is a llama:
What is a good site to download Zwan mp3's? I know its been posted a thousand times, so I apologize. I would just use Direct Connect, but for some reason I can't download more than 99 bytes per second.

David
I got all mine from www.poetsofzwan.com and thought they were really good recordings. Hope that helped.
I am very excited about Zwan http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------

~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

Old 02-26-2002, 08:08 PM   #14
wounded

i have a couple shows, i never listen to the cali one, but i love the acoustic stuff. great stuff there. if you haven't heard any of the acoustic stuff try freedom, spy tra la, roma girl and for your love. good songs. the only electric ones i really listen to are el sol, died of a broken heart

Old 02-26-2002, 09:25 PM   #15
Jaggie

You're all missing out, truly. I listen to 11.16 and 12.13 late show consistantly, I love it.

------------------
-Life is so strange
-The stars fall in
AIM: Jaggie67
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.

"I would like to thank you, for taking a ride on the Infinite Sadness Express. Departure time always arrival time never....We are and always will be the Smashing Pumpkins..."

Old 02-26-2002, 10:37 PM   #16
todustiguess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaggie:
You're all missing out, truly.
I agree - its damn good music. Although I will agree, some members of the crowd need a bullet. it was a good call by Sweeney - "we all remember our first beer"

Old 02-27-2002, 11:48 PM   #17
lily1only

yeah im too lazy.

Old 02-28-2002, 01:24 AM   #18
MisterLove

From first impressions I do think BC needs to slow down and write some quality songs rather than spitting out so many bland mediocre songs. Maybe I should wait to hear the studio work though.

Old 02-28-2002, 01:18 PM   #19
smashingjj

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterLove:
From first impressions I do think BC needs to slow down and write some quality songs rather than spitting out so many bland mediocre songs. Maybe I should wait to hear the studio work though.
hmm, I haven't heard a thing from Zwan because I can't download that easy. but if it's indeed as mediocre as I was afraid, it sucks.

------------------
Mallow

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/5226.jpg

Old 02-28-2002, 02:21 PM   #20
eyesbomb

www.Zwanmusic.it/audio.html

at your service

Old 02-28-2002, 02:30 PM   #21
smashingjj

I can't download, as I said

but thanks anyway

------------------
Mallow

http://www.director-file.com/cunningham/5226.jpg

Old 02-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #22
Salena Child

Quote:
Originally posted by lily1only:
yeah im too lazy.

me too. i have only heard one song. it was pretty good. i just might wait until they play here to take a listen.

------------------
~*~Salena~*~

i have become comfortably numb.

Old 02-28-2002, 04:09 PM   #23
metal machine

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
I have all of the shows in good quality (well, except for the early 12/13 set), but I barely listen to them at all. I don't know... I guess I prefer to hear studio versions of songs first and then hear live recordings.
yes, i agree, but i have listened quite a bit, and especially the last 4 shows we're absolutely amazing, and i am very exited bout zwan...

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years:

billy and jimmy need to start doing drugs again. d'arcy needs to put on a see through shirt, and james uhh, just needs to james and they should start making good music again.

that's just stupid.

Old 02-28-2002, 04:09 PM   #24
snickerdoodles

I have the canes show in SHN (the first show i ever bothered to get in SHN) and i listened to it once. it's okay, but audience recordings just ain't worth it.

------------------
.....Then they went new wave and broke up because they were afraid of Britney.

I'm so goth, I don't say "black," I say "blahhwwwkkk."

Old 02-28-2002, 04:14 PM   #25
metal machine

Quote:
Originally posted by wounded:
if you haven't heard any of the acoustic stuff try freedom, spy tra la, roma girl and for your love. good songs.
let's not forget about ring the bells and w.p. and wasting time (and el-a-noy)!

Old 02-28-2002, 05:42 PM   #26
Rens

Quote:
Originally posted by peabody:
I downloaded 2 songs, one of which is unlistenable because it is mostly some guys going, "OMG!!! YEAH!!!! HELL YEAH!!! WOOO!!! AHHH!" So yeah, that was annoying. The other one, I dunno what it's called, is actually kinda a good song.
Hahahaha that post made me laugh http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif
"I LOVE YOU BILLAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!" "WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAH ROOOOOOOCK OOOOOOONNNNNN WOOOOOO JIIIIIMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SKUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLFIIIIIIIISHHHHHHERRRRRRRR!!"

I really like Zwan though!

[This message has been edited by Rens (edited 02-28-2002).]

Old 02-28-2002, 05:47 PM   #27
THE MACHINA666

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years:

I'm down w/ the fat king here. *thumbs up*

Hehe...

Old 02-28-2002, 05:50 PM   #28
Netlon Sentinel

i want to hear the songs when they are released on cd. don't want to hear crappy recordings, and i want at least SOME album to look fwd to in 2002.

Old 02-28-2002, 06:08 PM   #29
GlassDreams

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Netlon Sentinel:
crappy recordings
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/mad.gif

Old 02-28-2002, 06:19 PM   #30
Jaggie

Quote:
Originally posted by snickerdoodles:
I have the canes show in SHN (the first show i ever bothered to get in SHN) and i listened to it once. it's okay, but audience recordings just ain't worth it.

Do you trade bootlegs? Because the Zwan shows, even the December shows on MD, are excellent quality. Roth, Quinto, Fares, Guzman and company really did a great job with the tapes.

------------------
-Life is so strange
-The stars fall in
AIM: Jaggie67
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.

"I would like to thank you, for taking a ride on the Infinite Sadness Express. Departure time always arrival time never....We are and always will be the Smashing Pumpkins..."