Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #241
KrazeeStacee

By the way, in case anyone's interested another website has been discovered through some hidden text on the blu-ray insert:

http://www.securebroadcastinformatics.com/

There's a puzzle to put together which forms a login name & pw, then takes you to this page:

http://www.solutionsbackwardsinitiative.net/pilgrims/

If you wait a few seconds a chat comes up.

Rest of the info and hidden crap here:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbb...ic.php?t=20854

Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #242
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy
well how practical is it to assume that I have seen every show that has ever taken place, you fat fucking queer.
I don't even know where to start with this. This is definitely your funniest post.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #243
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee
By the way, in case anyone's interested another website has been discovered through some hidden text on the blu-ray insert:

http://www.securebroadcastinformatics.com/

There's a puzzle to put together which forms a login name & pw, then takes you to this page:

http://www.solutionsbackwardsinitiative.net/pilgrims/

If you wait a few seconds a chat comes up.

Rest of the info and hidden crap here:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbb...ic.php?t=20854
i refresh that shit every time i sit down at the computer, and you beat me to it. ha. thanks.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #244
KrazeeStacee

Thumbs up

Quote:
i refresh that shit every time i sit down at the computer, and you beat me to it. ha. thanks.
This one's pretty crazy...the whole chat thing is creepy, esp. when you see your text box type "thE HOUR IS AT HAND" (apparently we're Carolina).

How exciting

Haha --- just read: I guess these people (Fransisco, Carolina, etc) really did send information back into the past, that's what all the previous websites were...hence why they're all fucked up.

"Can’t you just use an old computer that was around like 20 years ago and just, you know, send the message to the younger version of itself?" -Wayne

Genius.

Last edited by KrazeeStacee : 02-28-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #245
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

argh spoiler alert

Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #246
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
This one's pretty crazy...the whole chat thing is creepy, esp. when you see your text box type "thE HOUR IS AT HAND" (apparently we're Carolina).

How exciting

Haha --- just read: I guess these people (Fransisco, Carolina, etc) really did send information back into the past, that's what all the previous websites were...hence why they're all fucked up.

"Can’t you just use an old computer that was around like 20 years ago and just, you know, send the message to the younger version of itself?" -Wayne

Genius.

Also they are sending out banned books to cover up how much data they are sending which is why we keep findding random book passages.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #247
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

The rehearsal footage on the DVD is swell. I wish a boot of an entire rehearsal session would surface.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #248
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

i went to go purchase the dvd at a local best buy and they were sold out. all that was left were blue ray discs

in related news, i really only made this post so i could check out my new avatar

Old 02-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #249
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm
argh spoiler alert
Uh spoiler for what? It's all happening now...it's not going to be any fun if you're looking back on it once it's all said and done. There's no spoilers involved here.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #250
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I am curious to see what the shows are going to be like once everything has been revealed and the album is out. Are they going to (and how) incorporate this into the live show?

Old 02-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #251
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
Also they are sending out banned books to cover up how much data they are sending which is why we keep findding random book passages.
I don't know about that though, it's still all speculation as to why they've *******d the parts of the banned books in all of this.

Some say it could be because they were also part of an organization trying to spread the books to the people of the year 2022, since they were banned. And somehow all of that came through with it, which wasn't intentional (i.e., the IRC chat when they talk about how "it's all coming through, the data is through the ceiling").

Others say it was supposed to be simply to show us that these books were banned in the future - that's how harsh it is, but also just another puzzle for us to solve...and the quotes are mostly all relevant to the story.

Who knows. We'll find out.

Oh plus, perhaps they just throw that in there to go with the story but the real point of it all is it's just not books but music and with all of this info they sent us those "leaked" songs from the album Year Zero...and apparently Trent is a leader of underground concerts in the future and is arrested and thrown in jail for it around then as well.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #252
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don't know about that though, it's still all speculation as to why they've *******d the parts of the banned books in all of this.

Some say it could be because they were also part of an organization trying to spread the books to the people of the year 2022, since they were banned. And somehow all of that came through with it, which wasn't intentional (i.e., the IRC chat when they talk about how "it's all coming through, the data is through the ceiling").

Others say it was supposed to be simply to show us that these books were banned in the future - that's how harsh it is, but also just another puzzle for us to solve...and the quotes are mostly all relevant to the story.

Who knows. We'll find out.

Oh plus, perhaps they just throw that in there to go with the story but the real point of it all is it's just not books but music and with all of this info they sent us those "leaked" songs from the album Year Zero...and apparently Trent is a leader of underground concerts in the future and is arrested and thrown in jail for it around then as well.
It's my own theroy I really just posted it to "spoil" more of it. Just wanted to bug someone who could think there are spoilers in this thread.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #253
KrazeeStacee

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass
I am curious to see what the shows are going to be like once everything has been revealed and the album is out. Are they going to (and how) incorporate this into the live show?
I'm curious as well, especially since there's going to be a part 2 - how's all that work? I'm just really happy that they put SO much thought and effort into making this such an intricate and fun story/puzzle/ARG/whatever...it really impresses the shit out of me and I'm just hoping that since they put so much effort into it now that the "end/solution/whatever" of all of this isn't going to be just like "oh. okay" it's going to be like woax.

I'm so doing everything in my power to see them when they tour for this album. Besides, I have to hear Me, I'm Not live...mmmm.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #254
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
It's my own theroy I really just posted it to "spoil" more of it. Just wanted to bug someone who could think there are spoilers in this thread.
lol *high five*

Really, it takes a lot to follow all of this (well you could just go look on the hotline or read the Rolling Stones articles - but I'm talking sifting through all the loads of information and theories on ETS)...but if you're at all interested in what this whole thing has to offer, you need to get into it RIGHT NOW. I regret not knowing about all of this earlier than I did because it's just so exciting to follow. God, my friend and I were waiting for the Twilight leak on Sunday when they announced that someone had indeed found a flash drive. Damn the suspense! We had to wait the entire length of the show and for the person to get back home and upload the song!

Oh such fun. This is way better than any Machina crap.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #255
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Uh spoiler for what? It's all happening now...it's not going to be any fun if you're looking back on it once it's all said and done. There's no spoilers involved here.
i'm just messing, man.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #256
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
lol *high five*

Really, it takes a lot to follow all of this (well you could just go look on the hotline or read the Rolling Stones articles - but I'm talking sifting through all the loads of information and theories on ETS)...but if you're at all interested in what this whole thing has to offer, you need to get into it RIGHT NOW. I regret not knowing about all of this earlier than I did because it's just so exciting to follow. God, my friend and I were waiting for the Twilight leak on Sunday when they announced that someone had indeed found a flash drive. Damn the suspense! We had to wait the entire length of the show and for the person to get back home and upload the song!

Oh such fun. This is way better than any Machina crap.

I'm going to reply to both of your posts. It is great, I alwasys felt dumb for getting scuked into the whole machina thing. This is showing that if you want you can make soemthing like this worthwhile.

I knew about it right when it started, you didn't miss much, it's just starting to really het good the past few days. Hopefully it will keep getting better.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #257
KrazeeStacee

People are suspecting that Carolina exists right now and that she's the one planting all the flash drives...I don't know, all this time travel stuff is making my brain hurt. Maybe they all went "offline" because since they got the information to us, we changed the future and they didn't exist? Or maybe by sending the information back in time they created an alternate universe?

Old 02-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #258
Eulogy
huh

some guy replying to the news story about this on rollingstone.com said something along the lines of:

PFFFT. BILLY CORGAN DID THIS. SEVEN YEARS AGO!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #259
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
yah, we just never found the first hidden website to get us started. but it was there all along...

Old 02-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #260
KrazeeStacee

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...ahrenheit-nin/

Yesterday Nine Inch Nails released a concert DVD entitled Beside You in Time. We thought this meant we were getting a day off from this whole Year Zero Project, but some eagle-eyed NIN message boarder noticed that on the Blu-Ray Edition of the BYIT packaging, in expiration-date lettering, read the words “Secure,” “Broadcast,” “Informatics.” Add a “.com” and voila: www.securebroadcastinformatics.com.

The page resembles a futuristic Yousendit in disrepair. Reconstruct the scrambled puzzle pieces, enter the password “matt26:45-46″ (an appropriate Bible passage) and another site pops up: www.solutionsbackwardsinitiative.com/pilgrims.

With the next site, Trent and the YZ crew have engineered a time capsule from the Year Zero (fifteen years from now). We learn that books are banned, perhaps the reason many of the project’s websites feature hidden text. This time it’s John Milton’s anti-censorship plea Aeropagitica. We also learn that the site operates illegally, as a means for the people of the future to catalog and spread banned art. There’s likewise a bunch of Quantum Physics talk, but that’s out of our ballpark. Maybe one of you is an expert in the space/time continuum? Help us out. What does it all mean?

[Thanks to the NINHotline]
-- Daniel Kreps

More Project Zero:
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail.../project-zero/

Old 03-01-2007, 12:26 AM   #261
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
some guy replying to the news story about this on rollingstone.com said something along the lines of:

Billy's mistake was attempting it before they had companies dedicated to pumping these things out. nobody had heard the terms viral marketing or alternate reality game in 2000. well, one of Billy's mistakes.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #262
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm
Billy's mistake was attempting it before they had companies dedicated to pumping these things out. nobody had heard the terms viral marketing or alternate reality game in 2000. well, one of Billy's mistakes.
Was that it was all bullshit, he had no story. He made it all up as he went along.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #263
redbull
Immortal

I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #264
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Was that it was all bullshit, he had no story.
this so-called "sentence" has no subject. you need one of those.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #265
redbull
Immortal

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm
this so-called "sentence" has no subject. you need one of those.
terrible comeback

Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #266
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

I find it amusing that on this Smashing Pumpkins board the thread for the new NIN album is soon going to be larger than the thread for the new SP album. I think TR is kicking Billy's ass in terms of buzz and promotion. You may argue that the release of YZ is closer...but I don't think the Pumpkins camp can do anything to rival the interest that NIN has generated thus far.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #267
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
terrible comeback
i only believe in moving forward, redbull. will you lead, follow, or be left behind.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #268
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

roflwaffle

Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #269
redbull
Immortal

theres also the fact that we don't know jackshit about the sp album.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 AM   #270
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
theres also the fact that we don't know jackshit about the sp album.
yeah serious. wtf bolly