Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2018, 09:24 AM   #61
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygmous View Post

Any version of Crying Tree without the terrible synth is better, though they never have that dirty guitar solo.

There is no perfect version of Speed Kills, it's the best Machina-era song that never seems to reach its potential in any variation. All versions are equal.

98 live Tear is better than any other version, same with Blank Page. These are dragged down a little by the piano interludes though, which was a common issue with that tour.
Actually that could be a case for most Adore songs, as they really grew into something else when rearranged for a live setting.
Agreed on Crying Tree; hate the album version but when Bill just plays it by himself with an acoustic guitar, it's quite lovely.

I go back and forth between which version of Speed Kills I like better. The production on the softer version is clearly better but it's not bad on the heavier one (in contrast to a lot of other Machina II stuff).

And yeah, the live versions of Tear and Ava Adore are killer. I know Billy wasn't trying to write a heavy rock album but I feel like it would have been better to at least use those heavy, distorted guitar riffs on those two songs because it makes them even better.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #62
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 08-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #63
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Nice. That's a great version of Stumbleine.