LaBelle
Socialphobic

Puyo Puyo Tetris is also aces.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #512
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
so i kinda try pleading with them but to no avail, they can't be fucked to walk literally 15 meters and open the gate.
I once stumbled across this video about Chinese culture. Would you say that there's any veracity to how the culture is framed?

Also, what's the Chinese phrase for "that's why I get paid the big bucks?"

Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #513
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Back into skyrim

After nearly 200 hrs, i figured out how to make the game work for me

This isn’t dark souls, or world 8 mario, i suddenly realize. There will never be an occasion where i put down the switch to brag to the nearest stranger “gosh i just beat this eldritch frost troll on Legendary!” No. This is a pure fantasyland where i do what i like when i like. And what i don’t like is losing 30 minutes of the flowers and bugs i picked just b/c a random bear guts me

So, 1st thing first, slidin that difficulty slider to easiest of the easies. Choppin gangs of bandits all at once, now. Leveling a lot faster too, cause im not avoiding battles like a coward

2nd thing first, im skippin that go talk to whiterun crap at the start. This means no random dragon spawns, making my walks in the frost under the twin moons all the more gloriful

Third thing, im amoral af. Thieving, picking fights, betraying friends, everything. Mayhem and blood, there is no code. This feels freeing and allows the player to experience that gta-like rush of omg i cant believe my characters gonna back over that officer but — yep — oops/squish he! he! he!

Fourth, i dunno man, it’s just different this time, feels like i found my deepgroove of enjoyment

Old 03-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #514
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Do you ever find yourself thieving to such a great extent that you eventually come to regret how sparsely decorated all the buildings end up?

Old 03-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #515
run2pee
Minion of Satan

No, b/c i tend to leave most the bullshit, unless motivated by personal animus toward the property owners. Talkin gimme that gold, jewels, any kickass books, and enchanted shit. You can keep that WOODEN PLATE, thx

Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #516
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I would always employ a sort of sliding scale of value over weight in contrast to current wealth when determining what to take, I guess.

Early days are for stealing absolutely everything, in other words.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:07 PM   #517
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Foolf i wish u could get into at least skyrim with us

The books alone i think you would dig 2 read. Plus create your own backstory is fun i bet you would have

Old 03-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #518
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, while working off a significantly lower budget, is worth considering if you're chasing a more authentic medieval experience.

The combat system is not for those easily sent into a rage, however.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:37 AM   #519
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I once stumbled across this video about Chinese culture. Would you say that there's any veracity to how the culture is framed?

Also, what's the Chinese phrase for "that's why I get paid the big bucks?"
i watched like 10 mins of this and listening to these douches talk was honestly challenging.

this to me is basically ethnocentric locker room talk where two guys bitch to each other about various incidents they've had in china and frame it all under one umbrella of "mei banfa". it's two guys reinforcing each other's (others'?) confirmation bias. now, this is not to say i don't agree with the honestly infuriating nature of some of these incidents, which i could say i've shared experiences with as well. but these guys just have this obnoxious american patronizing way about it bordering on explicit racism (prime examples: "my little chinese helper", "they want the iron riceball", etc), and it seems like they don't understand when the chinese person opposite them was just being an asshole, and when they were essentially demanding a very dissimilar culture to align with their own.

but if i were to address the issues being talked about, i think this removing responsibility from oneself in general - perhaps it's overly simplistic thinking on my part, but my personal guess is some of it at least has to do with the country being, and having been, commu-yiddley-diddley-nist (original content warbled for fear of murderous surveillance bots) for deacdes upon decades.

it weakens people's individuality in favor of being a cog in a larger machine, and it leaks down through every facet of society; ultimately, as a chinese, many things are completely outside of your control and are being decided for you. whether that means you don't get to access google, or if you go down to your favorite restaurant/bar/spot in town, only to find out literally out of nowhere that it has been bombed and bricked up because the gov decided they want to put up an office skyscraper there (which has personally happened to me with at least 5 spots i was honestly super fond of). as a business owner too - you're always one evacuation notice away from having you entire life twisted upside down. if and when you do get it, you pack your shit up and go. no questions asked. think what that does to people.

the other aspects of avoiding confrontation that the guys were talking about are just a certain layer of chinese culture that needs its own context, and it's open to negative or positive interpretation; it's up to you to decide for yourself i guess. it's well known that the organizational culture is china is very different than in the west. they have their own politics and way of handling things that is based on being less direct (Japanese culture as well), but who's to say it's better or worse? certainly not me.

the cultural differences that *do* daunt me the most are often the ones that have to do with consideration and respect towards one another in the public space. i often try to remind myself i'm the one who came to a foreign country and that nobody is disrespecting me personally, but it's hard not to be flooded by rage when you're walking down the street and a car almost runs you over, cutting you off like a MF, because they're racing up to stop in front of a traffic jam 1.5 meters ahead - instead of just letting you pass first. or a person rudely ramming into you in the subway as you try to exit the train and they can't wait one fucking second until you pass to get it.

also, i had to google "veracity".

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 03-03-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:41 AM   #520
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
how long have you been in chinaland now? I mean with a language like that it's probably easy to say something else than you meant, intonation being an important factor and all, but honestly it's admirable that you at least speak some basic Chino.

also nice that got their attention lol
been here about 3 years?

my chinese leaves a lot to be desired, but i'm much better than i used to be. i'm basically the spanish guy:

Old 03-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #521
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Earthbound is so good, even after all these years/playthrus

The Fourside/Moonside switcheroo with the flickering neon and deadly abstract paintings just happened, probably my fave part of the game. So weird, so creepy, so perfect

Wish developers would spend more money to hire writers who gave shats about writing dialogue. Every last convo with an npc in this game feels unique, essential, surprising, human, alive. You can feel that someone put real effort into the writing, whereas most rpgs are like “THE CASTLE IS OVER THERR THE CAVE IS DOWN THERR OMG I HOPE THR MONSTERS CAN B DEFEAT” etc etc

Old 03-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #522
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Gosh the music in earthbound, also

When i get before a computer gonna fill this thread with embedded funkies from the world of earthbound u just wait

Old 03-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #523
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Any specific tips for giving it a go from a regular computer?

I want to live as Run To Me even if only for one beautiful moment.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:19 PM   #524
run2pee
Minion of Satan

From this scene:

Old 03-06-2019, 11:21 PM   #525
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Any specific tips for giving it a go from a regular computer?

I want to live as Run To Me even if only for one beautiful moment.
Just put it on man, press start, let it roll, just play it

The game...it's um, it's like, it sends me into another world, man, it's like...it's a relaxed powerful kind of escape, man. I mean, it's cool

Old 03-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #526
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Old 03-06-2019, 11:34 PM   #527
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I get that simply handing over seafood won't often lead to that oddly hard-looking belly that the fathers of our generation all seem to sport, but the above doesn't exactly read like a wikiHow either.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #528
run2pee
Minion of Satan

WHOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHH

Probably all i'd recommend u in all seriousness is only grind a little before Frank (leader of the Sharks, the gang that controls the arcade), and before Barf. That's it. Grind too much and game gets boring after. But u will need to grind there, at those 2 points

Lucky for u the battle graffix r swirlin all pretty while u grind and u can just mash fite while using your other hand for other repetitive traumas

Old 03-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #529
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You've just reminded me of my absolute favorite thing to play on the Amstrad CPC 464.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:52 PM   #530
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Yeah

Never played that, is it wicked

Old 03-06-2019, 11:55 PM   #531
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Mostly fond memories, here. Having to spend fifteen minutes loading the previous game on the tape was a bit of a Hass avocado, though.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:32 AM   #532
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Hmm, yeah

Guess it just goes to show how u can lead a horse to water, but if you give him a fishing pole, he can starve for a lifetime

Old 03-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #533
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Puyo Puyo Tetris is also aces.
Did u play tetris 99

Been scared to dl it, afraid all these dix online will beat my ass in front of everyone

Old 03-08-2019, 11:59 PM   #534
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Plus LaBelle can u tell me how to do new leaf animal crossing?

Its taken forever to buy this 1000,000000,000$ like, little bridge

Its my 1st public works project, and i keep getting stung in the eye trying to raise like 5 bucks in peaches per day

Old 03-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #535
run2pee
Minion of Satan

This is fun

Old 03-13-2019, 12:29 AM   #536
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

looks fun but i only have time to work

Old 03-13-2019, 12:32 AM   #537
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Dammit, work!

Yeah

What games would u be playing if u weren’t working

Anybody feel free to talk about games you’ve played or used to play

For example anyone wanna talk about silent hill with me in here. Caught some SH references in some indies i been pumpin. Makes me wanna go back n replay 2 at least, probably 3 too

Old 03-13-2019, 12:32 AM   #538
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Did u play tetris 99

Been scared to dl it, afraid all these dix online will beat my ass in front of everyone
No, also too scared. I hate competitive multiplayer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Plus LaBelle can u tell me how to do new leaf animal crossing?

Its taken forever to buy this 1000,000000,000$ like, little bridge

Its my 1st public works project, and i keep getting stung in the eye trying to raise like 5 bucks in peaches per day
The best way to make money is going to the island and hunting for beetles, some seel for like 8k bells.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:33 AM   #539
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Started playing the remake of Resident Evil 2 god this game is scary af.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #540
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
The best way to make money is going to the island and hunting for beetles, some seel for like 8k bells.
Thanks! Never even went to the island, gonna have to snag some of them beetle bugs

Am i supposed to boot this up everyday to talk to the animals? They all seem to hate my guts, and keep moving out w/out telling me

Like, where’s the fun or hook to this game, i feel like im not doing it right

It’s also really disappointing how huge chunks of the game seem built on the assumption i have 30 or 49 friends to play this game with, trade fruits, tour their cities, etc. Like the happy homes showcase is completely barren b/c apparently it doesn’t populate until im hooked up with other players somehow