Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #61
br191804
Demi-God

Quote:
This is like noob fight at the OK corral. YEEHAW!
Yeah, what a bunch of noobs.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 PM   #62
COG
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by *************

haha, idiot. read my post, moron. i said what are they called again...brains? moron. i made up "what're" for the purpose of spelling it like i say it.
You used an ellipsis in the manner that a comma would normally be used. Regardless of what goes into the portion of the sentence, the thought must stay true.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #63
COG
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by SpFission

I think both of you failed grammar class.
Yeah, true, ha. I was in a hurry, I just looked at my post, oh man, I did kinda blow it.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #64
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoid

Well how do you know if you are wrong or right?? So far a lot of your argument has been without base, and you haven't stuck to one conviction as far as I'm concerned. Mostly you like to disagree, and in doing so you like to shoot out rude comments like "you are dumb blah blah blah" without considering the weight of the other persons argument. Because of this YOU come across as the retard and therefore you get picked on alot, and people don't take your opinions as seriously. TRUST ME, you'd be more respected if you didn't come off as so hostile and angry towards other peoples beliefs and opinions.

Billy has admitted himself that he is not to keen on being a solo artist, he likes being in a band situation, and the Pumpkins are his home. I think he put his best foot forward in being solo, but the passion is very different. Not necessarily lacking, but you can tell his heart is absolutely in the context of the smashing pumpkins.

Thanks Dad! I appreciate the help.

That is bullshit! You don't know what these people have said in the past to provoke me. You are just judging me from recent things I have said....which is not cool. If you read all my comments from the last several months, then you can form some opinions. I started shooting off those comments because they were shot at me for no damn reason at all. I used to post normal responses and then these rude asshole fake fans start talking shit. Fuck it! I am not backing down to any of these morons out there.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #65
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

i just love how every thread now turns into a corgan rules vs. everyone else argument.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:39 PM   #66
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dead
You are a pathetic piece of crap and for the first time I feel like punching you in the face. Now I know what the rest of the board feels like!
Bring it on bitch!!! Just because I say the truth.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:22 AM   #67
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Corgan Rules

Thanks Dad! I appreciate the help.

That is bullshit! You don't know what these people have said in the past to provoke me. You are just judging me from recent things I have said....which is not cool. If you read all my comments from the last several months, then you can form some opinions. I started shooting off those comments because they were shot at me for no damn reason at all. I used to post normal responses and then these rude asshole fake fans start talking shit. Fuck it! I am not backing down to any of these morons out there.
excuse me buddy but I HAVE been watching your posts, it's hard to not come across them in any thread. so they were shot at you for no reason.. who gives a fuck!? you replying back with such a childish attitude only provokes it. If you want to be treated like a child, then act like one. Yeah, there are some morons on this board, i will not deny that, but you have become one of them... like it or not. You are now an honorable netphorian, stupid and bitchy all around. Your whole "don't take shit from anyone" attitude only sets you up to take more. You might as well get used to it.

As far as the Pumpkins go, do an extensive amount of research (that means digging out articles from 10-15 years ago and reading them all), and learn how to listen to thir music closely before you start shouting off statements you consider fact. The fact that you couldn't tell the difference between Billy and James playing in songs like Cash Car Star and Dross completely baffles me. I mean, how true a fan are you really?

Don't take offense to this to a point where you're calling me names, i'm not attacking you, i'm just pointing out what i see.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:00 AM   #68
TriHell
Pledge

not to get off topic in terms of flaming eachother, but this is why both James and D'arcy are integral to the Smashing Pumpkins:

James: Added that, "Let's not take ourselves so fucking seriously" vibe that helps to humanize an endeavor and keep away from all the damn pretense.

D'arcy: I think D'arcy's best contributon is that she wasn't afraid to tell Billy when something sucked. When you get to be a demi-god of music like Billy, it gets hard sometimes I think to tell whether you're being ridiculous or brilliant (see Prince, for example). And while everyone's too busy patting themselves on the back about what a smash and how experimental and swee the new record is going to be, I have the feeling she'd not be afraid to blow off the whole endeavor based on it being silly.

PLUS! I think everyone is forgetting the most potent thing the original lineup had to offer, a near perfectly balanced ZODIAC QUARTET!

Billy - Pisces - mutable water
James - Ares - cardinal fire
D'arcy - Taurus - fixed earth
Jimmy - Gemini - mutable air

All 4 elements covered, and all three prefixes as well, with an extra dose of mutable to make it creative.

Brilliant, ain't it?

Old 07-20-2005, 03:50 AM   #69
ZackZ
Mister Class and Quality

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa

What the hell is going on in your avatar?
Dude, it's obviously a successful guy hammer punching a goat. WTF.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 AM   #70
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by ZackZ
Dude, it's obviously a successful guy hammer punching a goat. WTF.
So it's not you fucking the shit out of your sister?

OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:08 AM   #71
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Mallow are reforming without joeri.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:34 AM   #72
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

You probably heard that on some fake news site? Whatever! That band is nothing without Joeri! Fuck you!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:36 AM   #73
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by smashingjj
You probably heard that on some fake news site? Whatever! That band is nothing without Joeri! Fuck you!
It's in this month's NME.

Apparently Joeri's ego got too big for the rest of the band, and he's left to move to iceland and start recording an album with bjork consisting only of music made from the sounds of someone eating cheese

Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 AM   #74
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Bullshit! You just don't believe in him as an artist that always keeps searching for a new sound! I heard a cheese demo he recorded at home and it was fantastic!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:51 AM   #75
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Unhappy

Quote:
Bullshit! You just don't believe in him as an artist that always keeps searching for a new sound! I heard a cheese demo he recorded at home and it was fantastic!
no don't get me wrong, I just wanted mallow to tour again, I loved their arena tour with those midgets on tricycles doing fireeating while they fucked those rhinos

I heard the cheese demo, the one he did with the mature cheddar sandwich with tomato and lettuce, I have never heard a more beautiful song in all my days.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #76
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Oh by the way, Quiet is a wuss. Everything I say, he always adds that I am wrong which is BS. I have my own opinions and I don't hide them in fear just because the majority disagrees with me. He just can't think for himself and I hate people like that.
I have just as much right to refute your opinion as you have to state your opinion. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but when you're going to spout off some of the radical things you say, you have to expect people to react the way they do. The problem with you is that you get so defensive when people challenge your statements... you can't come up with a logical reply to defend your position, so you revert to spewing profanities at people and calling them "fagboys". It's a sign of immaturity and ignorance, and unfortunately, I've let you drag me down to your level at times.

Whoever laughed at everyone in this thread for arguing with Corgan Rules is right. Arguing with him truly is like arguing with an eight year old. I've wasted far too much time and energy on him already.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #77
'|' jIMMY '|'
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Wow! whatta topic with a shitload of threads down the drain. Oh well.. CUNTS ARE US!

Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #78
HeyWhatsUp
Pledge

yes! i was listening to wbru last night at work. and the guy played today. he was talking for like 45 seconds after it but icouldnt hear what he was saying.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #79
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

excuse me buddy but I HAVE been watching your posts, it's hard to not come across them in any thread. so they were shot at you for no reason.. who gives a fuck!? you replying back with such a childish attitude only provokes it. If you want to be treated like a child, then act like one. Yeah, there are some morons on this board, i will not deny that, but you have become one of them... like it or not. You are now an honorable netphorian, stupid and bitchy all around. Your whole "don't take shit from anyone" attitude only sets you up to take more. You might as well get used to it.

As far as the Pumpkins go, do an extensive amount of research (that means digging out articles from 10-15 years ago and reading them all), and learn how to listen to thir music closely before you start shouting off statements you consider fact. The fact that you couldn't tell the difference between Billy and James playing in songs like Cash Car Star and Dross completely baffles me. I mean, how true a fan are you really?

Don't take offense to this to a point where you're calling me names, i'm not attacking you, i'm just pointing out what i see.

Ummmm buddy....don't tell me how to listen to the pumpkins. My opinions are just as good as yours. Sounds like you have too much time on your hands to dig our 15 year old articles and stuff. Fuck you too asking me how big of a fan I am. I am a bigger fan than you dipshit! Did I say that I couldn't tell the difference between them in those songs? Where the fuck did you get that? I guess you are assuming. Rule #1: Don't assume shit! Ok? That's a fuckin joke! How many times have you seen Billy in concert? I bet I have been to more than you. Does that make me a bigger fan? I don't know....there is no way to tell. Don't tell me I am not a big fan because I didn't answer you about song I never really cared for in the 1st place. OK? You are just acting like the rest of these morons now too. You are sure getting opinionated

I appreciate your comments, but you are not the dad of this board. If you have been reading all of my posts, which you have not, then you would see that I used to get attacked for nothing then I said fuck it and I am firing back at these bitches.

I stand by my 1st comment on this post. I really agree that is the case. Why the fuck can't I bring that up just because it pisses off everyone? I don't give a shit! Why can't you wake up and see the correct picture??

Last edited by Corgan Rules : 07-20-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:06 PM   #80
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
i just love how every thread now turns into a corgan rules vs. everyone else argument.

yeah...isn't that great! There are so many pussies on this board that actually agree with some of my comments but don't have the balls to back me up because they don't want to go against the majority. That is bush league!

Old 07-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #81
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Quiet

I have just as much right to refute your opinion as you have to state your opinion. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but when you're going to spout off some of the radical things you say, you have to expect people to react the way they do. The problem with you is that you get so defensive when people challenge your statements... you can't come up with a logical reply to defend your position, so you revert to spewing profanities at people and calling them "fagboys". It's a sign of immaturity and ignorance, and unfortunately, I've let you drag me down to your level at times.

Whoever laughed at everyone in this thread for arguing with Corgan Rules is right. Arguing with him truly is like arguing with an eight year old. I've wasted far too much time and energy on him already.
Fuck you dipshit! You act like you are an angel or something. Call it a pussy! My opinions are just as good as yours and every others on this board. Remember that ok? And by the way, I don't need any of your help so please stop!

Old 07-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #82
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Lightbulb

Quote:

I appreciate your comments, but you are not the dad of this board.
the fact that his comments remind you of those a father figure could give, says enough about your personality.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:22 PM   #83
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
the fact that his comments remind you of those a father figure could give, says enough about your personality.

Wow... you are a funny guy! You really got me there!!! Dumbfuck!

Old 07-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #84
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:

Wow... you are a funny guy! You really got me there!!! Dumbfuck!

well you really try your best to get me back!

Old 07-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #85
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by TriHell

PLUS! I think everyone is forgetting the most potent thing the original lineup had to offer, a near perfectly balanced ZODIAC QUARTET!

Billy - Pisces - mutable water
James - Ares - cardinal fire
D'arcy - Taurus - fixed earth
Jimmy - Gemini - mutable air

All 4 elements covered, and all three prefixes as well, with an extra dose of mutable to make it creative.

Brilliant, ain't it?
It should be legal to shoot people who say such things.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #86
br191804
Demi-God

Quote:
I was listening to WBRU (Rhode Island) and Disarm was playing. After the song was over the DJ came on and said that she has heard from more than one source that the former label for the Smashing Pumpkins has sold the rights to the songs to Darcy and that she was reforming the band with James Iha and will not ******* Billy Corgan. She then proceeded to say that she could not imagine the Pumpkins without Billy Corgan. I don't know if this story is bullshit or what. This is fucked up stuff. Has anybody else heard anything like this?

Can someone please answer my fucking question? Has anyone heard this story before or is the DJ making this up? You all are going off topic.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #87
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Lightbulb

Quote:
I can't believe how widespread this incredibly lame rumor has become... I've heard bad rumors but this one is just BAD.

As if D'arcy has the fucking money to buy the Pumpkins song rights. It'd be more believable if it was said that James was sold the rights.

Besides, Billy already owns the songs. (It's been said in interviews). So please, let this stupid fucking rumor die a horrible death already.
This didn't answer it?

Old 07-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #88
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Corgan Rules, your major problem is that you believe everyopinion you shout out here is correct, no arguments required, but most of your opinions are based on assumptions. Why would you waste all that time doing the research and looking back on old articles? You spend enough fucking time (which is more of a waste) arguing about these details, so if you are going to waste your time doing that, you better know how to back it up.

As far as live concerts go.. I've seen the Pumokins/Zwan a collective 6 times. I've seen Jimmy's band twice. I have also met Billy and Jimmy both on 2 occasions. However, this has NOTHING to do with the argument I made, I'm talking about the basic facts you obviously don't know.

Where did i assume that you couldn't tell the difference between Billy's and James guitar parts? read this post you made 2 pages back...

Quote:

What exactly did Iha do that was so great on these songs you mentioned?
Case Closed.

I asked you politely to not respond back in a rude manner, yet you did. You need to listen openly to other peoples views and respect their opinions, other wise they will get hostile.

In that case, fuck you royally. bitch.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #89
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Corgan Rules, your major problem is that you believe everyopinion you shout out here is correct, no arguments required, but most of your opinions are based on assumptions. Why would you waste all that time doing the research and looking back on old articles? You spend enough fucking time (which is more of a waste) arguing about these details, so if you are going to waste your time doing that, you better know how to back it up.

As far as live concerts go.. I've seen the Pumokins/Zwan a collective 6 times. I've seen Jimmy's band twice. I have also met Billy and Jimmy both on 2 occasions. However, this has NOTHING to do with the argument I made, I'm talking about the basic facts you obviously don't know.

Where did i assume that you couldn't tell the difference between Billy's and James guitar parts? read this post you made 2 pages back...

Case Closed.

I asked you politely to not respond back in a rude manner, yet you did. You need to listen openly to other peoples views and respect their opinions, other wise they will get hostile.

In that case, fuck you royally. bitch.

Dude...read your last comment to me. You made some good comments then you made some shitty ones. You made assumptions and you didn't think I was a big fan. You are just as bad as the rest of us. I was trying to answer stuff well, then you put things in there that pissed me off.

About Iha, what makes him so damn special because he did some cool things for 3 of the not so great pumpkins songs? Does he not have to do anything to be in a band. He has to contribute and do something that makes him worthwhile. He definitely did not do enough when he was with the pumpkins....that's for sure. Yeah he san a few half ass tunes and did a few things that stood out. He is not even on the same level as Billy....not even close. Billy does and did a hell of a lot more than Iha and Darcy put together. Let's thing of all the great things Billy did song by song. Billy has like 300 good things that stand out and Iha has like 20. That does not make him a good musician.

And you are wrong....I don';t have to listen to other peoples opinions when they don't listen to mine. I made comments way back in the day and I always hear I am wrong. I have tried, but I am tired of it. Fuck it!

Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #90
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by *************

dude, no one tells you that you are wrong. they, i, and everyone just tell you you're a retard because it's true. i agree with lots of the stuff you say about billy. but not about james. you are a moron, and there is tons of reasons why EVERYONE jumps on you.

BS! Not true! I remember when we 1st had a problem. You said that I was wrong for feeling the way I did about the particular issue. I am usually not going crazy like I have been on here, but people have provoked me. I don't put up with BS and there is way too much of that on here. I have opinions just like everyone else and I can express how I feel.

Just say I am a retard because it's true....that's what I mean. It's BS like that. I know that we talk shit about each other now, but when I 1st started getting criticized about 5 months ago or earlier I would respond a thread and I would give my opinion. People then jump on amd say I don't know what I am talking about and call me stupid. It's not cool or fair because when I do the same thing back to you or whoever, then I then am an asshole. The main reason you all talk shit about me is because I disagree with the majority and I say what I feel. That is a horrible reason to make fun of someone. All that BS got me mad and now I have been firing back. You can't deny that there is a lot of negativity on this board. I don't like that and I have been trying to change it. I understand criticism, but making fun or being negative towards your favorite artist is just stupid. There is some good and bad that will go on with the artist, but when all is negative and bad....that's BS! You are one of those negative assholes that has been buggin me on here and western avenue for no damn reason at all. I post and I get ripped. Well... you know what....FUCK YOU if you are going to do that to me. You are not any better than me. If people keep doing it to me, then I will continue to fire back at them.

I am here because I like Billy and his music. You seem like you like Billy to a certain degree, but when someone says dumb negative stuff, you just jump on board the continue to make fun of that moment. My recommend for you if for you to think for yourself and stop jumping on bandwagons because it is fun.