Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #91
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring View Post
oh man... roundabouts. how can people in europe deal with millions of roundabouts 5 lanes wide without getting into crashes and being assholes, while in north america, they drive like idiots in something as tiny as a roundabout in a small town. driving in some suburb of LA a couple of months ago, we almost got killed by an idiot who cut us off from the inside lane of a roundabout (we were on the ouside) without turning or EVEN LOOKING.
i think it was in long beach. thinking about that moment still pisses me off.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #92
noyen
Immortal

Cool :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
In Maryland it is NOT the law that you must yield to faster moving traffic if you are in the left lane. Boy it would certainly be interesting if the left lane was functionally actually used only for passing. It would also increase traffic congestion horribly. It barely even works in theory. And also, I'm pretty sure there is no law anywhere that says one has the right to speed like a bitch in the left lane. I absolutely will not move if I am keeping up with the traffic in front of me (even when I am in the left lane) and the guy behind me is on my ass. He can suck my dick for all I care, wanting to go so fast is his problem and it's not safe.
yes, you're right there is no "i have the right to speed like a bitch in the left lane" law. but there are still laws that if you're going slow in the left/passing lane, then you shouldnt be there, and need to pull over. preventing people from speeding isn't a right or a law either. so that kind of logic is completely asinine. if someone is going faster than you, in the left lane, it is still a law for you to move over, the person in front of you to move over, and the person in front of him to move over. you can get your dick sucked, but you can also get the ticket rather than the guy speeding. its not safe for you to not move over. though, you obviously think its your duty and right to create dangerous driving situations, where you're forcing people to pass on the right, you're the one breaking the law, not the person who is forced to pass you on the right. again, your attitude is what causes a lot of people to bust out their guns. not saying you aren't entitled to feel or drive the way you do, but your rationale doesn't have any legal backing if that's what you're implyin.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #93
28if
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: yeah seriously i think we've more than established a consensus on reality, it's not that abstract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Frequency View Post
yea in vail, co there're shit tons of them. there's one area where there are a succession of like seven roundabouts in a one mile radius. i always have to check myself on road rage in this area.
Truth. There are a bunch in Breckenridge too, I don't know what's up with all the roundabouts up in the mountains here. And then you get all the fucking tourists that don't know how to drive in the snow. It was even worse when I was living back east, where NOBODY knew what they were doing the 5-10 days a year it snowed/was icy. If you don't know how to drive in the conditions, DON'T GO OUT.

And as far as I know, it isn't the law throughout the country that the left lane only be used for passing, but slower traffic is supposed to merge right everywhere. I hate when people block the left lane. If someone is on your ass while you're cruising in the left lane, just move over and let them pass. Not a big deal.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:41 PM   #94
noyen
Immortal

all the roundabouts here, they just stuck stop signs in front of them. making them 4 way stops with a fun circle to drive around. i dont know why they're trying them out anywhere in the u.s. it's just asking for trouble.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #95
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
So riding somebody's ass consistently is alright?
let's try it and find out

Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #96
noyen
Immortal

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #97
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
lets try it and find out

Old 03-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #98
I'm Hardcore
Banned

but seriously, at 75 mph, its pretty dangerous.

at that speed, at night, its pretty bone headed

Old 03-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #99
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
let's try it and find out

Well, I really set myself up for that one.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #100
neopryn
let's see your penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
NOONECARE: average, at speed or +5, right lane except passing, likes scenery
this is me. i feel odd because i have nothing to add to what is apparently such a major issue. i rarely have any sort of negative or positive encounters while driving.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #101
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

When I first got my license back, I was like that too but anymore I do not like driving. Usually once or twice on my commute to work I yell stuff like: "MOTHERFUCKER! I WILL END YOU!" I miss being able to walk to work.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #102
jczeroman

I actually like roundabouts a lot. I think they are considerably more efficient in intersection use as well.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #103
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
I actually like roundabouts a lot. I think they are considerably more efficient in intersection use as well.
i agree, i just wish people would use them properly because then they'd really work great

Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #104
Banana
Banned

I always use signals but Ive started to get lazy and not use them a bit around campus this semester

Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #105
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
i agree, i just wish people would use them properly because then they'd really work great
there's that awesome one in coral gables. near venetian pool.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:16 AM   #106
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

you know what i fucking hate

people who park like motherfuckers in narrow streets (usually one way).
just yesterday i was driving through a really narrow street and these two assholes parked RIGHT on the road, they didnt even get half a wheel on the sidewalk. i could barely get through, had to do it REAL slow.

now, what drives me crazy is, fine, dont give a fuck about anybody else, but how come these people arn't afraid for their OWN cars?
i mean, even if its a piece of shit, do you want it bent that bad?
fuck.
one of these days im just gonna head towards a situation like that again, pull over, and scratch the motherfucking hell out of those cars with my keys or something.

/shinobi

Old 03-06-2008, 04:52 AM   #107
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28if View Post
Truth. There are a bunch in Breckenridge too, I don't know what's up with all the roundabouts up in the mountains here. And then you get all the fucking tourists that don't know how to drive in the snow. It was even worse when I was living back east, where NOBODY knew what they were doing the 5-10 days a year it snowed/was icy. If you don't know how to drive in the conditions, DON'T GO OUT.
yea i drive for CME and i want to kill the tourists that dont kill themselves in their fucking rental cars. i've seen more accidents in the last five months involving rolled or flipped cars than i have in the last 22 years.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #108
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaniel Buckner View Post
there's that awesome one in coral gables. near venetian pool.
yeah, luckily it doesn't see too much traffic. there are no lines on the road and the circle is 3 or 4 lanes wide, i'm pretty sure someone would have a heart attack trying to figure out what to do. i love it too and generally pass by it every time i'm nearby

Old 03-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #109
twice
Socialphobic

i really believe people drive the way they fuck. old mens mosey along. horny kids look at tits and ass a mile away. conceited women stare at their own reflections in the rear view, sometimes applying makeup sometimes not. the impatient, the sleepdrivers, the singers, the nose pickers, it could go on foreverever.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #110
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

As I thought, in Maryland I do not have to move for faster traffic unless I am going slower than 10 miles an hour under the limit or unless I am not keeping up with traffic. So I do not have to yield to an idiot weaving in and out wanting to go faster than the speed limit.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #111
hnibos
Braindead

have fun when some wacko rams you from behind going 90

Old 03-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #112
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
As I thought, in Maryland I do not have to move for faster traffic unless I am going slower than 10 miles an hour under the limit or unless I am not keeping up with traffic. So I do not have to yield to an idiot weaving in and out wanting to go faster than the speed limit.
So your going to force him to weave more and cause an accident?

Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 AM   #113
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I feel like a big man in my '87 Camaro.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #114
Ever
Minion of Satan

TURNING LEFT NOW ---->

Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #115
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twice View Post
i really believe people drive the way they fuck. old mens mosey along. horny kids look at tits and ass a mile away. conceited women stare at their own reflections in the rear view, sometimes applying makeup sometimes not. the impatient, the sleepdrivers, the singers, the nose pickers, it could go on foreverever.
well that's just things people do while they're driving. driving really doesn't have anything to do with those things.

i'm glad i called in today

Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #116
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
TURNING LEFT NOW ---->
isn't that right

Old 03-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #117
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

No, it is.