song for a son
stitch in time
astral
wwmm

Old 05-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #92
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

The solo in Pomp and Circumstances is better than any single second in Widow. Christ, the solo in Pomp and Circumstances is better than any solo on Zeitgeist, quite frankly.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #93
EyesOfAJackal
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
The solo in Pomp and Circumstances is better than any single second in Widow. Christ, the solo in Pomp and Circumstances is better than any solo on Zeitgeist, quite frankly.
True, but I was pretty pumped the first time I heard the solo on Bring the Light ... the rest of the song notwithstanding

Old 05-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #94
rub_the_y
Demi-God

Teargarden theme
Song for a son
WWMM
Stitch in time
Astral planes

What will be next? A collection of sounds of dolphins being raped? Every time he releases a new song it extends his level of crapdom and makes me hate him a little more. I think by the time the last song is released I'm gonna want to open fire on him.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #95
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

1. Tits in Time
2. Ash Planes
3. Feargarden Theme
4. Widow Blow My Mind

5. Song (not) for a Son

Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #96
nofix
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
Agree. P+C is one of my favorites from the Zeitgeist era because of the killer riff/solo.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #97
nofix
Demi-God

As far as Teargarden goes, so far I haven't listened to any of the songs more than two or three times. I just don't like them.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #98
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
someday im gonna go into detail about how Billy hacked my computer (among other antagonist behavior)...

it's just...what's weird is that it happened, it happened to me, but I just don't give a shit. To repeat he's a douchebag would be redundant on this forum...he has so soured his own reputation, what motive there ever was for me to challenge him on the level he challenged me is gone.

So the motive might be just to purge. Secrets can eat people up and that would be the main reason why I would go into some detail of events (started 10 years ago, culminated in '06 when Billy was texting Fysche whilst in the middle of the most important recording sessions our band ever had). I personally didn't give a shit, but did wonder why Billy was all of a sudden interested enough in Fysche to be wanting to see her again...the timing was a bit odd.

the other motive would be to see if Billy would indeed play along to ultimately reveal that psychic power I believe he really does possess. Strong Remote Viewer, Billy. I'll give him that and suspect he's as talented a clairvoyant as he is a musician. This might be his big secret (for my money it is) and I wouldn't blink on revealing my experience with him on this level and let the chips fall where they may.

It would just take some time as well as me wanting to deal with the inevitable cynicism (which I'm used to by now).

And I won't start until I'm ready to take it all the way (meaning ruffling Billy's feathers once again).

Old 05-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #99
Phoenix Down
Apocalyptic Poster

Hey Omega Concern, were you in Cancel? If so, I have a very urgent mp3 request

Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #100
Reggaeluv2000
Banned

how about rank them after hearing the FLACS

Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #101
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggaeluv2000 View Post
how about rank them after hearing the FLACS
Yeah FLAC compression will definitely make these songs better, maybe even turn them into some MCIS outtakes or something

Old 05-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #102
yoshinobu's revenge
Apocalyptic Poster

1. A Song for a Son (7/10) a bit lacklustre but no serious flaws. lame drumming.
2. Astral Planes (6/10) disposable but surprisingly and catchily ok if you ignore the lyrics.
3. A Stitch in Time (5/10) sounds like something off American Gothic (i.e. average)
4. Teargarden Theme (4/10) not as bad as Le Deux Machina
5. Widow Wake My Mind (3/10) trying too hard. grating. awful drum sounds. god, shut up.