Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #121
Liandrin
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan View Post
wow that was really cool of billy to let this guy just sit down with him
Wow. Having a stranger sneak up behind you, offer to buy you dinner, then boorishly critique you after you graciously accept them into your company and open up to them about your plans must be grating. Good on you, Billy!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #122
vitaldust
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: a melting apocalyptic jungle bleeding out of me like a dream

im sure billy hated his life just a little bit more after this tard left the dinner table

if only angie were there instead of him, he'd like netphoria maybe read it more and do what we want for once

Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #123
spidersoma
Ownz

am i the only one who gets red Xs instead of pics?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #124
WhoAmI
WhyAmIHere

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandrin View Post
Wow. Having a stranger sneak up behind you, offer to buy you dinner, then boorishly critique you after you graciously accept them into your company and open up to them about your plans must be grating. Good on you, Billy!
I thought everyone liked to complain about how Billy has lost touch with his past, his fans, his mind, etc.--but when this guys isn't afraid to tell him to his face what numerous people on here are willing to say via the safety of the internet, he's a bad guy. Once and for all: do we or do we not know what's best for Billy Corgan? I was under the impression we did, so it's about time someone told him. Right?

Old 08-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #125
Liandrin
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
Once and for all: do we or do we not know what's best for Billy Corgan? I was under the impression we did, so it's about time someone told him. Right?
We all know what's best for Billy Corgan? That's kinda presumptuous. Honestly, I just don't get this creepy sense of possessiveness. He's not your congressman. If he wants to play the same songs every night and release songs about lesbo wrasslers, it's a free country.

Actually, I DO agree you and the original poster's complaints about the same setlists and Billy's increasingly businesslike attitude toward everything, but it just seemed like Billy was going out of his way to be extra nice to these people and he got burned. The poster's complaints were fair enough, it just seemed like the wrong time, wrong place.

Maybe it was one of those situations where you just had to be there...

Last edited by Liandrin : 08-07-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: ixnay on the hahaha

Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #126
toadkat9
Pledge

Default Like I said.. BULLSHIT!!!

Well guys, I hung out with Billy (and MonteLDS) today for around an hour and once again.. the "same setlist" deal came up. And Billy did say that the setlist would be varied. So what he told me on Tuesday really is what I said. BULLSHIT! THESE AUGUST SHOWS WILL NOT BE THE SAME SETLIST!!

Old 08-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #127
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

hah nice little twist at the end

Old 08-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #128
Shallowed
Braindead

Billy never follows through on what he plans anyway.

Last edited by Shallowed : 08-08-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Because I'm a cunt.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #129
spidersoma
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
Billy never follows through on what he plans anyway.
so true.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #130
toadkat9
Pledge

You know, I'm figuring GLOW won't even be the 2nd song. But they have been rehearsing it pretty early in the day. So that might mean that it actually will be 2nd. However, I'm not holding my breath. Otherwise, the current GLOW single info, and the fact that the Gish tour has been postponed is actually hard info.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #131
skipgo
Minion of Satan

is meeting monte almost as awesome as meeting billy? i bet it is.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #132
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Toadkat9, I am reminding you to post this conversation you had today about the 88'-89' era of the band and Monte's freakish non-scariness when he brings up the issue. Don't let us down!

And oh yeah...I think it was quite ballsy of you to not just kiss ass and actually express your feelings to Billy when you had the chance to do so. I know you said it wasn't at all premeditated, but I have a feeling most people would pussy out and just hold their tongue.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #133
simply-smashing
Oblivious Virgin

nice story

Old 08-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #134
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

the best part of the whole first post was seeing billy's lavender pants after picturing that whole conversation as if he were in normal clothes

Old 08-11-2008, 11:38 PM   #135
buttercup
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadkat9 View Post
when my wife looks across the street it says "Is that Billy"??
I love how you refer to your wife as "it".

Great story, though!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 AM   #136
Slider10
Oblivious Virgin

Great story. For a fan, that's a once in a lifetime encounter. *jealous*

Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #137
chrisothoulo
Demi-God

dont be sad about same setlists. most people dont goto multiple shows. It's OK! They are playing some great songs thats what matters. The gish info sucks though. But you cannot blame James and D'arcy.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #138
1100ww
Ownz

Quote:
when my wife looks across the street it says "Is that Billy"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
I love how you refer to your wife as "it".

Great story, though!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #139
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider10 View Post
Great story. For a fan, that's a once in a lifetime encounter. *jealous*
Unless you are monte and hide in his wardrobe.

I don't think monte would even have sex with him..they would just end up cuddling.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #140
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy may run his mouth a little too much about what he is up too and sometimes he can't follow through but the way he interacts with the fans is unbelievable.

Name any other rock star that has sold 20 millions albums that hangs out with fans as much as Bill does.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #141
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4b View Post

Name any other rock star that has sold 20 millions albums that hangs out with fans as much as Bill does.

kurt cobain

Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #142
Zeitguest.
Amish Rake Fighter

I met Billy and Jeff in Davenport also,

we talked about people meeting Bill C and Jeff in Davenport. BC thought it'd be a good idea if we headed to a restaurant. When we got there I asked for a table for.. oh, then BC jumped in, he said 2. Jeff had to wait outside -- I think BC wanted to get personal with me. He told me about your anger at them keeping the same set list every night.. I just nodded, I couldn't think of anything else to do at the time, the nod 'felt right'.

Later I asked Bill about the meaning of G.L.O.W... he just nodded, we laughed. This was the point we both realised we were running low on topic. BC tucked into his plater, I watched and ate my meal also. Wasn't the nicest burger I'd ever had but not bad - I asked BC if he planned on recording an album like Siamese again, he asked what I meant.. I replied -- 'happy songs'... he nodded, 'the new album is happy' he said, 'trippy happy'. 'Trappy?' I said.. he laughed, I nodded. We laughed more.

BC called for the bill, I offered to pay, he declined. 'Why?' I asked.. 'I've got enough' he replied, pulling a hundred dollar bill out of his pants, 'I fucking love the U.S.A' he yelled. People turned, no one really knew who shouted. We looked at each other an chuckled.. it faded. Awkward silence fell upon us.. I started taping my fingers on the table, without noticing the Today melody sprung from the table.. BC started humming... 'Oday is tha reatest..' I looked up, I told Bill this was the greatest day I'd ever known. I could see he felt sorry for me, he says 'Hey, come to rehearsals later?' - I couldn't believe it.

We left the bill on the table and walked out, BC had easily over payed, maybe 2x over.

We stopped at the entrance, BC saw Jeff sat on the table just next to the outdoor fishtank. "JEFF!" -- his ears pipped up and he quickly noticed it was BC shouting for him, he came stumbling over.. "Whats wrong?' mumbled BC.... 'My leg Billy, ya know.. "...... 'DO I FUCK!!" screamed BC, "WTF IS WROMG WITH IT!?!?" .... 'HEY!' I shouted.. 'THIS IS BULLSHIT!!' -- I didn't know how BC would react -- BC turned at looked right me... "Whats bullshit?" --- 'Your using the same fucking Jeff every night..' I said..

"WHAT THE FUCK!!" yelled BC..

He walked off and Jeff stumbled behind. I didn't bother heading for the rehearsals, it wouldn't have been right for a start. I didn't even attend the show, I wish I'd never met BC now.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #143
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm either drunk or the last part of that story made no sense. Props.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #144
Wasabi
Ownz

troll.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #145
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

lol, that was like the worst billy corgan slashfiction story i ever read. instead of sex in the end, they scream randomly at each other and walk away.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #146
cabbage
Demi-God

Quote:
He said the days of changing the setlist night to night and kinda learning songs as the tour progresses are over.
WOW. That is so disappointing. Especially after how well they were doing changing it up 2007.

I already went from 6 to 4 shows for this tour since the setlist is the same. If that is how it is going to be in the future that fucking blows. I'll only hit 1 show a tour. Why piss away the money for the exact same thing.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #147
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbage View Post
WOW. That is so disappointing. Especially after how well they were doing changing it up 2007.

I already went from 6 to 4 shows for this tour since the setlist is the same. If that is how it is going to be in the future that fucking blows. I'll only hit 1 show a tour. Why piss away the money for the exact same thing.
How do you feel after seeing 2 shows? (from your posts I believe you've only seen Charlotte and Charlottesville). There were others before the tour saying they'd be pissed if it was the same setlist. Then some changed their minds and said they'd gladly see the show multiple times since it was so good.

I saw the first 2, and was blown away (especially the first night). After a week "off" I'm really tempted to see just one more. Who knows when I'll ever again get to see them play Eye, TBITEITB, Transformer, Speed Kills, and Again, Again, Again?

In general I am 100% for varied setlists night to night, but with this being such a short tour, I'm much more open to them keeping it the same when they've put together an amazing and unique setlist. However I still think it would add a little extra to the experience if they at least played 1-2 different songs each night after the kazoo section of the encore. Even if it were a mix of hits like Zero, Muzzle, etc.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #148
toadkat9
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiordan View Post
How do you feel after seeing 2 shows? (from your posts I believe you've only seen Charlotte and Charlottesville). There were others before the tour saying they'd be pissed if it was the same setlist. Then some changed their minds and said they'd gladly see the show multiple times since it was so good.

I saw the first 2, and was blown away (especially the first night). After a week "off" I'm really tempted to see just one more. Who knows when I'll ever again get to see them play Eye, TBITEITB, Transformer, Speed Kills, and Again, Again, Again?

In general I am 100% for varied setlists night to night, but with this being such a short tour, I'm much more open to them keeping it the same when they've put together an amazing and unique setlist. However I still think it would add a little extra to the experience if they at least played 1-2 different songs each night after the kazoo section of the encore. Even if it were a mix of hits like Zero, Muzzle, etc.
I am one of the people who thought the same setlist would suck at first. I even told BC that it was bullshit. But honestly, I caught 2 shows on this tour and would love to see it a 3rd time. With a setlist this awesome... there's not much need to change it.

However, I would like to see another 2 or 3 songs added to the acoustic portion, PLUS make We Only Come Out @ Night / In The Summertime Encore 2. Even if Muzzle / Zero were the Encore 1 songs it'd be cool. I just wish there was an encore 1 before the current encore. And since there is no opening act on this tour, there's no reason they couldn't do it. Especially if they would simply drop one of 10+ minute jams (Set The Controls).

Old 08-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #149
WhoAmI
WhyAmIHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandrin View Post
We all know what's best for Billy Corgan? That's kinda presumptuous. Honestly, I just don't get this creepy sense of possessiveness. He's not your congressman.
Jesus, I was being facetious...

That rhymes. And you know it rhymes. Admit it!

P.S. I loved Zeitguest's story about meeting Billy. It has a ring of truth to it.