Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #151
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Today's gun culture is NOT as deeply embeded as many people think. Most people don't own guns. A majority of Americans support basic reforms, like limits or even bans on hand guns and semi automatic weapons.

Today's NRA culture is also not that old. It's a product of Mid 20th Century America. From the founding of the country until after WWII virtually all the guns in private hands were simple hunting rifles. In fact, prior to WWII there were very strick gun laws in many parts of the USA. Many cities banned handguns altogether.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #152
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
The three people he shot and those he injured with guns would still be alive today if guns weren't available to him.
I don't believe that.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #153
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I don't believe that.
how can you not believe that

he would have killed people from his car with throwing stars or knives?

Old 05-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #154
MusicMan4

he would have maybe still killed a bunch of people, yes
obviously he killed his roommates with knives

but can we maybe agree that it shouldn't have been that easy for him

if he hadn't been able to just legally buy an arsenal maybe he wouldn't have so easily planned his "day of retrobution"

Old 05-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #155
MusicMan4

Quote:
rob delaney @robdelaney

If your response to calls for gun control is “Should we get rid of cars too?” the answer is, for you, yes. You should not have a gun or car.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #156
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
If I wanted to live in Canada, and do things the way they do, then I'd move there.
you really should, you'd have wait a lot better here in every single way. I wasn't even really talking about Canada anyway. I don't know, this whole attitude of DONT TELL MERICA HOW TO DO IT is stupid. Like oh the US couldn't POSSIBLY take cues from other countries, that would be a sign of weakness or something. I mean that's how people like you seem to present it.

Last edited by The exploding boy : 05-26-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #157
MusicMan4

i desperately want to move to canada but they'd never let me

with stephen harper and rob ford and the general dogshit treatment their native population continues to get i'm sure it's slowly going the way of this country anyway

Old 05-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #158
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post

Quote:
rob delaney @robdelaney

If your response to calls for gun control is “Should we get rid of cars too?” the answer is, for you, yes. You should not have a gun or car.

Yeah this is exactly the kind of stupid shit they always pull. A car isn't specifically designed to kill things! Sure ok he could still have rammed people with his car I guess, they would have still stood a better chance.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #159
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i desperately want to move to canada but they'd never let me

with stephen harper and rob ford and the general dogshit treatment their native population continues to get i'm sure it's slowly going the way of this country anyway
That's true about Harper. Who cares about rob ford? That's just Toronto and if you live in Toronto, you had it coming.

and the natives have been treated shittily across the whole of north America for centuries. This is nothing new even in Canada. Over here in Quebec they used to take the kids away from the parents by force them and put them into catholic schools were most would get physically and/or sexually abused. And i'm talking like up until mid last century. Forced assimilation.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #160
MusicMan4

"that's just toronto"
it's the biggest city in the country and of course a bunch of people voting there voting for a right-wing buffoon who wants to stop "out of control big government" is an issue that the whole country should be concerned about
like there's a reason that in america the nyc mayoral elections are big national news

Old 05-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #161
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

rob ford is a bush style politician, born with a silver spoon in his mouth but he developed this blue collar oaf comedy routine somewhere along the line now resentful lower middle class types love him no matter what because to them he is revolting against bourgoisie values

Old 05-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #162
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
It's so surreal to actually have to tell someone guns are more dangerous than knifes.
what kind of stupid is this

i'm not even going to read this thread

YES GUNS ARE MORE DANGEROUS HAVE YOU READ ABOUT WORLD HISTORY

Old 05-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #163
Trotskilicious
Banned

GUNS FOR SHOW KNIVES FOR A PRO

Old 05-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #164
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
"that's just toronto"
it's the biggest city in the country and of course a bunch of people voting there voting for a right-wing buffoon who wants to stop "out of control big government" is an issue that the whole country should be concerned about
like there's a reason that in america the nyc mayoral elections are big national news
Ok well I have to say being a French canadian from Quebec, it's not like the rest of this country has much to do with me as is proven by this map of the last elections.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...l_Election.svg

you might notice a pattern. As in pretty much almost everyone but us likes the conservatives. So yeah I kinda tend to tune Ontario and such out, their reality isn't mine. Anyway the liberals will likely win the next election according to the last poll I read about in april (where the liberals were taking 36% of the vote against 26 for the cons...of course elections are still a year away) and thank god for that. I'll take little rich douche Trudeau over Harper any day.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #165
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
you really should, you'd have wait a lot better here in every single way. I wasn't even really talking about Canada anyway. I don't know, this whole attitude of DONT TELL MERICA HOW TO DO IT is stupid. Like oh the US couldn't POSSIBLY take cues from other countries, that would be a sign of weakness or something. I mean that's how people like you seem to present it.
People like me? Please tell me, what kind of person I am.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #166
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
in countries where they are banned guns aren't around. Japan has 10 gun deaths per year. the usa has 30,000.

The three people he shot and those he injured with guns would still be alive today if guns weren't available to him. That's a common theme with one mass kiling after another.

the issue of male priviledge is much more difficult to deal with than getting guns off the street. As long as a psychotics like him can get his hands on a weapon designed to inflict mass casualties tens of thousands of people are going to die.
He wasn't psychotic, he had some delusions of grandeur but he did not have a psychotic illness (most likely, I'm not a doc but it seems like he had a personality disorder and not an Axis I, or at least along with an Axis I disorder). If the problem was just making sure psychotic people didn't have guns, enforcement would be much easier. But people who are callous and just want to hurt people but are perfectly sane (aware of their actions and their consequences) can easily pass as "normal" and get a gun. This is because their thought processes ARE basically normal - they understand cause and effect, their personality is the problem and their different (or lack of) values.

People like him will always be able to get guns if they want them, but it will be especially easy as long as they are legal. And he, from his videos, is rather unsophisticated. He wears his narcissism and psychopathic tendencies fairly obviously, I mean he made videos for fuck's sake. If we can't stop someone like him, we are doomed.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #167
Starla

Quote:
he would have maybe still killed a bunch of people, yes
obviously he killed his roommates with knives

but can we maybe agree that it shouldn't have been that easy for him

if he hadn't been able to just legally buy an arsenal maybe he wouldn't have so easily planned his "day of retrobution"
I agree. Elliot kind of reminds me of Marc Lepine.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #168
Starla

Erica, have you seen this? I really don't know if it belongs to him, but apparently he made it, according to the youtube description.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #169
Elphenor
Braindead

He clearly did not make that lol

Old 05-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #170
Trotskilicious
Banned

what makes you so fuking sure

Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #171
Elphenor
Braindead

Did you watch it?

Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #172
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Erica, you can't psychoanalyze him via CNN. The guy was obviously disturbed

Old 05-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #173
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
how can you not believe that

he would have killed people from his car with throwing stars or knives?
Because he was a very, very hateful, bitter and spiteful man and he would have found other means of killing his targets of hatred. And he did, by stabbing three people. It's not like he's rendered violently impotent just because he can't get a gun. It seems kind of obvious to me.

I don't like guns as much as you guys but if you take away guns there'll still be psychopaths like this.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #174
Shallowed
Braindead

Just look at where his priorities lie

http://i.imgur.com/h6DRhNM.png

Old 05-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #175
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
I really would like Omega Concern's perspective on this story.

It's early still, but...put it this way: The US Government was behind Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston Bombings and signs already point to this Santa Barbara event as well.

Each a mass psy-op toward multi-platformed agenda's, chiefly among them to abolish gun rights.

A trail of evidence to expose these hoaxes can be seen if one is willing to look and think through.

as for Santa Barbara: obvmasspsyopis obvious clue #1 --- You'd think for the benefit of the victims youtube would take down his annoying tirade. But no it's still there to program. And the Manifesto??? lol...holy NLP (nuero-linguistic programming) batman.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #176
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mind=blown.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #177
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Reading through the manifesto right now.... if only the cops had searched his room, this may not have happened. I'm wondering why they didn't. Isn't that pretty much standard with all of the shootings that have been taking place?

The first red flag I saw for this was hearing the report that the cops checked him out without alarming them. There's a pattern of law enforcement being involved with the perps before they get activated. Reminiscent of the Tuscon shootings as well as the FBI knowing who the Tsarnaev brothers were while denying it at first. Circumstances differ for each case of involvement, and the cops in S.B. may have been fooled by the kid and nothing else can be gleemed from their encounter with him. (Doesn't pass the smell test however...)

Old 05-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #178
Order 66
Socialphobic

yesterday i was thing "omega's probably going to leave this one alone"

so naive

Old 05-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #179
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mind=blown.

http://www.septclues.com/VARIOUS%20M...IFSoup.com.gif

I do not wish to rehash the Boston Bombings here. I wish to enlighten you to the hoax of it however. Notice something funny about the backdrop here, yet 'hero cowboy' seems unaffected? Yes, their software is better than the bluescreen stuff of old, but still, there's glitches.

as for S.B. I've heard chatter about a 2nd gunmen, which wouldn't surprise since Aurora and Sandy Hook had similar initial claims from eyewitnesses...and then the media gets their marching orders and redo the lone gunmen theory yet again, like they've been doing since Oswald.

Keeps working I suppose, though more and more are on to the game.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #180
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
yesterday i was thing "omega's probably going to leave this one alone"

so naive
sorry, my fault.