Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #31
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsome View Post
I am experiencing pain in the left side of my chest. Gonna get a scan of my lungs. Hope i don't have cancer or a blood clot. It's probably just some kind of indigestion crap, but Dr wanted to make sure I wasn't about to die. Other than that, I guess I'm ok.
Inflammation in the rib cage is my call.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #32
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Inflammation in the rib cage is my call.
Probably something like that. CT scan didn't show any clots. my ribs feel better today.
Pretty annoying I'm going to have to pay for a CT scan just because of some pain, but better safe than sorry i suppose.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
i think a cashier would be under more stress, not just because of the standing but the twisting involved in moving stuff across the scanner. even if your torso isn't moving that much, you're still getting that same stress. customer service doesn't seem to need to do the same tisting.

the quarterly profit sharing thing is probably the most enticing part. like, they give you stock options that are actually worth something. a company that's owned in part by its employees? fuckin pinkos.

everyone i know who's worked there has done so for several years. the prices there tend to be higher but there are always bogo deals. i figured out that pasta and pasta sauce are bogo on alternating weeks. same thing with crackers/spreads, cereal/milk, chips/salsa etc. the trick is to stock up and you and up saving a shitload of money in the long run.

but even so i don't mind paying a little extra for the staples because i know it's a great company that treats its employees with respect and pays them decent wage which is, in turn, good for the local economy.

every company should aspire to be like them.
It's owned 100% by employees and former employees. It's not publicly traded.

People get really dedicated since the profit sharing is totally based on your store and your store only. The more profit your store makes, the more $ you get. Period. Really gives people an incentive to catch theft and reduce waste and give good service.

Since I use coupons and work there, I have a pretty good sense of sales and how often things come around and I definitely use that to my advantage. If you shop smart, Publix can be very cheap. Stocking up is definitely the way to go. Like, I know regular V8 (not splash etc) only goes BOGO 3-4 times in the winter and never any other time of year (at least in the past two years). So I buy enough to last me all year at about $1/bottle or less instead of regular price of about $3. It might seem stupid, but that's $2 a week I save, or about $100 a year. Do that with 10 items, and it makes a big difference. Esp. when you are poor.

That makes sense about the twisting stuff too.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #34
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
i think a cashier would be under more stress, not just because of the standing but the twisting involved in moving stuff across the scanner. even if your torso isn't moving that much, you're still getting that same stress. customer service doesn't seem to need to do the same tisting.

the quarterly profit sharing thing is probably the most enticing part. like, they give you stock options that are actually worth something. a company that's owned in part by its employees? fuckin pinkos.

everyone i know who's worked there has done so for several years. the prices there tend to be higher but there are always bogo deals. i figured out that pasta and pasta sauce are bogo on alternating weeks. same thing with crackers/spreads, cereal/milk, chips/salsa etc. the trick is to stock up and you and up saving a shitload of money in the long run.

but even so i don't mind paying a little extra for the staples because i know it's a great company that treats its employees with respect and pays them decent wage which is, in turn, good for the local economy.

every company should aspire to be like them.
It's owned 100% by employees and former employees. It's not publicly traded.

People get really dedicated since the profit sharing is totally based on your store and your store only. The more profit your store makes, the more $ you get. Period. Really gives people an incentive to catch theft and reduce waste and give good service.

Since I use coupons and work there, I have a pretty good sense of sales and how often things come around and I definitely use that to my advantage. If you shop smart, Publix can be very cheap. Stocking up is definitely the way to go. Like, I know regular V8 (not splash etc) only goes BOGO 3-4 times in the winter and never any other time of year (at least in the past two years). So I buy enough to last me all year at about $1/bottle or less instead of regular price of about $3. It might seem stupid, but that's $2 a week I save, or about $100 a year. Do that with 10 items, and it makes a big difference. Esp. when you are poor.

That makes sense about the twisting stuff too.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #35
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsome View Post
Probably something like that. CT scan didn't show any clots. my ribs feel better today.
Pretty annoying I'm going to have to pay for a CT scan just because of some pain, but better safe than sorry i suppose.
For sure.

Getting older is scary.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #36
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

i used to want to move to the US but i'd be insane to now

i've been a real drain on the taxpayer over the last 18 months

Old 03-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #37
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

are you dole scum

Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #38
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

no, i pay tax. but i have been in and out of hospitals since late 2012. there's no way i'd get insurance over there without enough exclusions to render it pointless

Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #39
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

thanks obama

Old 03-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #40
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

edit wrong thread

Old 03-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #41
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

edit wrong thread

Old 03-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #42
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
no, i pay tax. but i have been in and out of hospitals since late 2012. there's no way i'd get insurance over there without enough exclusions to render it pointless
you okay man? are you getting better?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

you better get better or i'll kick your ass

Old 03-10-2014, 02:45 AM   #44
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
you okay man? are you getting better?
cancer came back. surgical wide excision got infected. i'm actually in hospital now on an IV right now. tra la la

Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 AM   #45
Trotskilicious
Banned

damn man i'm really sorry to hear that

this world needs you

Old 03-10-2014, 04:58 AM   #46
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

well, thanks, and i'd really rather live for a long time than not, but surely the world doesn't need me

Old 03-10-2014, 04:59 AM   #47
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

unless you know something i don't

Old 03-10-2014, 05:01 AM   #48
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

do i have latent superpowers? lead the combined forces of humanity to reclaim earth from the singularity in 2096? am i destined to invent a real-world cornballer?

Old 03-10-2014, 05:02 AM   #49
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

I MUST KNOW WHAT YOU SEE, ORACLE

Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #50
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you're good-looking. that's it.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
cancer came back. surgical wide excision got infected. i'm actually in hospital now on an IV right now. tra la la
man fuck cancer

Old 03-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #52
Bread Regal
Banned

i watched 50/50 last night.

C+. Good film overall but the plot line involving the main character falling in love with his social worker was bullshit. I cried like a baby throughout.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #53
Bread Regal
Banned

Cancer really sucks. The wife had a malignant sarcoma tumor in her shoulder when she was 19 and has been in remission since. Although the rate of recurrence of her particular flavor is low, it's still something that kind of looms. The 5 years immediately after her surgery were kind of nerve racking.

The guy in the film had a sarcoma that was on his spine, a situation similar to another friend of mine who one day bent over and shattered his T5 and T6. So on top of cancer/chemo/radiation, had to have extremely risky spinal surgery and be in a brace for like 6 months.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #54
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Sorry to hear about your health problems, LDS. That's really rough, and I hope things get better for you soon. You play guitar and you have a really nice voice, so that's a good enough reason for the world to keep you around

Old 03-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #55
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Sorry to hear about you being unwell LDS.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #56
Trotskilicious
Banned

netphoria is going to record a special cover of "sending our love down the well"

Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #57
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

Shit dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. Sending you good vibes. Of course we need you

Now i feel like an ass for having such good days recently....

I blew my hiking budget on emergency dental work, and when I started looking for a job and asked for a reference, my boss in KL offered me a salaried management position with a proper visa. Getting my own place, building an art space with a friend, get to be with my girl sooner than we'd expected, better hours, better pay, being sent to Borneo for a couple months to open the new shop. I'm really really happy and excited to go back. Have one more week at home with not much to do so it's easy chill time with friends. Smokin joints, reading books, sunny days. Throwing a backyard campfire party saturday night with all my favorite people. maybe an acid trip. good times.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #58
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

don't get sorry, GET EVEN

Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #59
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

with pizza.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #60
TuralyonW3
Immortal

sorry to hear LDS, I wish the best for you sir