Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #151
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneeah View Post
don't you think something's up when ALL of your band members from TWO bands are so called "destructive" ??? aka d'arcy, jimmy, james, pajo, sweeney, and paz

He hates all of them! That just says something about his character...I've read things on messageboards that say "well, Billy's been so unlucky dealing with "bad" bandmembers" Well that makes every single one of his band mates in both of his major bands a "bad" bandmember...now we don't know what happened behind the scenes, but something isn't right.

I think this just speaks even more about Billy's character (in a negative way). I think the general consensus is that Jimmy's a pretty down-to-Earth, alright dude.

I really don't know what Billy is thinking.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #152
Order 66
Socialphobic

He was thinking about dicks

Old 03-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #153
Order 66
Socialphobic

that's what the lyrics mean. 'summers of discovery' refers to when he started getting into dicks

Old 03-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #154
Pop Tart
Demi-God

This thread's amazing. The RS article implied that Billy scours the web for every word that's ever queefed about him so I hope he reads this rather than the sycophant-ery going on at the o-boards. This place might get bagged for being negative, but you can't say that the average Netphorian isn't extremely intelligent and articulate. So many good points have been raised here. 10/10

Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #155
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

What an immensely depressing read. It's very clear that Mike, despite what Billy may say, was clearly hired as a way to snipe back at Jimmy. The man literally cannot let go of the past, and it's very transparent that he's utterly jealous of former bandmates having other things in their lives like family, as opposed to just music

Old 03-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #156
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Why can I never find the Hitler "I like the clipping" image when I need it? It would be perfect for this *press* clipping.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #157
Mo
Immortal

At your service

Old 03-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #158
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

there's quite a bit of criticism at the o-board, probably more than usual.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #159
Caine Walker
Braindead

what are they saying?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #160
CourtJaster
Oblivious Virgin

Contrary to the speculations of an asshat the o-board isn't happy either.

They're pretty much taking a shit on Billy with only a few apologists crying in their cereal.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #161
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

themadcaplaughs says, "Well Billy it's been a good run, but it's time we bring things to an end now. I have no more interest in your future musical projects, although I appreciate all the good music you did make."

Showers says, "i love you Billy. thank you for clarifying all of this. now the useless "fans" will leave the boat. and people who can truely appreciate and love you and your music will be with you"

Bring_the_light says, "I agree with Billy. It's his fucking life, if he doesn't want to have jimmy in it then it's his call. yes we respect jimmy as a musician and sure billy does, but if they didn't get along anymore it makes sense to severe the ties."

thatguyblane says, "Interesting read but it's not going to stop me from listening to and enjoying his music. This Billy for better or for worse is the one who has created so much awesome music and this is all a part of what makes him tick."

perkinscowl says,"Ahhh. I never would read interviews and such and here's why. Now I'll continue to not read them, while using what spare time I have for the music listening."

Old 03-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #162
CourtJaster
Oblivious Virgin

Way to be selective.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #163
Caine Walker
Braindead

you shut your fucking mouth.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #164
CourtJaster
Oblivious Virgin

Make me asshole.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #165
CourtJaster
Oblivious Virgin

*fart*

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #166
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Hey man, that thread is over 10 pages long, and I tried to pick the ones that weren't park of a quote train.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #167
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyshambles View Post
..said the gay and his computer.
talk about looking stupid. jesus christ, you're just awful.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #168
Kahlo

all too easy.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #169
SPLATTER
Demi-God

so the whole article isn't anywhere online yet?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #170
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Don't make me cut you mickyshambles.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #171
dad, dead
Pledge

how long can someone refer to their childhood for their shortcomings? at some point you become an able adult and take responsibility for your life, no?

Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #172
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoJon View Post
Because Jimmy's 45 years old and chose to settle down with a wife and have a kid.

Unlike Billy, who obviously believes it's still 1995 and still thinks he's in his twenties, Jimmy chose TO GROW UP. Jimmy's not the one paling around with famewhores like Tila Tequila and no talent hacks like Linda Strawberry.
I'm not going to give Jimmy a gold star for losing his mojo and settling down. And I don't see why anyone else here would. As fans of the music these guys made together, I don't know why we would sit here and cheer on the person who is saying "let's settle, let's be small-time and put out music once in a while when we feel like it, because nobody really cares these days, right?" Fuck that. If Jimmy wants to be the family man and live happily ever after playing clubs and doing drum clinics once in a while, good for him. But as a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins that decision is not something I'm going to stand and applaud.

When it comes down to it, I want Smashing Pumpkins music to be taken more seriously, not less. And I think the consensus opinion on Teargarden thus far bears that out. Nobody here wants Billy to settle down with a family like a 40 year man should. We want him to buckle down in the studio and make the record right, which means going into the studio for the months of painstaking recording that Jimmy apparently doesn't have the heart for anymore. If Billy can't even put the proper focus he needs on recording now, how was he supposed to do it with Jimmy around sandbagging him because he wants to scale things back? Why are we praising Jimmy for all but giving up on making music of any scale, but at the same time demanding that Billy increase his efforts? It makes no sense.

Quote:
How many times has Billy publicly slandered James, D'arcy, and now Jimmy? I don't know about you, but I've lost count by now.
For any of it to be slander, it has to be untrue...so the answer to your question is probably zero.

Quote:
Now, ask yourself this (I want all you Corgan apologists to ask yourselves this) how many times in the last TEN YEARS have James, D'arcy, and Jimmy ever, EVER publicly slandered Billy Corgan?
When, other than Jimmy's responses in this article, have any of them come out and contradicted anything the guy has said in specific terms? I mean, if even half of what Billy's ever said about James is true, then James is a giant piece of shit who is directly responsible for the destruction of the band. But has ever stood up for himself? No. He barely even acknowledges he was ever in the band. He wouldn't piss on an SP fan if they were on fire, but somehow people leap to his defense, call his standoffish nature towards all things SP "the high road" and give him the benefit of the doubt. Why?

If Billy really slandered anyone, someone would have set the record completely straight by now. It's not like there hasn't always been a demand in the mainstream music press for dirt to support the asshole tyrant persona they've constructed for Billy.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #173
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Dude, if I didn't have a family by the time I was 40, I would hang myself.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #174
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

You have a good point there.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #175
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

maybe jimmy was being polite in public because he still loves billy, but doesn't want to make music with him anymore because he realised he's turned into a creepy new age fucknodule

Old 03-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #176
slunken
Virgo

Just put on my SP acoustic live playlist and am getting hell of sad.

1979 - live 1996 from Punch Drunk & Dizzy
Stumbleine - 1998-05-23
Perfect - Howard Stern 1998

It's over, isn't it?

Old 03-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #177
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

This time I need to know
I really must be told
If it's over

Old 03-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #178
slunken
Virgo

*sniff*

Old 03-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #179
Duke
Demi-God

Corganist,

I don't think you're seeing the whole picture here. I read your posts and there just some things that you don't take into account.

1. Billy has had a lot of failed relationships within the past 10 years both professionally and personally. Never does he ever say any of them are his fault. It's always the other person, but the common equation in all of them is HIM. He's 42 years old now. Time to take some responsibility.

2. Noone wants SP to be irrelevant, but Billy's behavior in pursuit of being relevant has been at times unbearable. Lashing out at fans in concert, complaining in interviews, etc... I'm well aware he's always been this way, but he's stepped that up in the last 10 years. He creates the music. As he states in the article he's "99% of what you hear" so the burden rests on him to connect to the base and any other fans he's looking to reel in.

3. About Jimmy... Like many others here I don't believe what I read in the article. For the past 3+ years Billy was gushing about Jimmy all over the place. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe that Jimmy is this horrible, destructive person. They've known each other over 20 years. If he was so horrible BC would have never recruited him for Zwan or for the "resurrection" of the Pumpkins.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #180
Bleakest Harves
Demi-God

Can someone repost the article? Mediafire link is dead.