Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Default My SP story

So, thanks everyone, for welcoming to this board (I think). On the news of SP being back in Chicago practicing for the new tour, I have a short SP story that is appropriate.

I've been a Smashing Pumpkins fan for a long time, so a couple years ago, when it was finally time for me (20 years old) to move away from my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio and start a new life, I considered Chicago. I have a couple relatives in Chicago, and when we visited, it always seemed nice. So I found myself a job and an apartment with a very short lease and moved out here. Shortly after, my girlfriend followed because I sent word of how awesome it is here. (I really do love Chicago quite a bit, and after a couple years of being here, I can't see myself leaving)

So after a few months, when it came time to find another apartment, we decided to look closer to downtown Chicago, instead of the outskirts (Oak Park), where we had been living so far. The girlfriend found an apartment right by the corner of Barry and Broadway in Chicago's Lakeview/Boystown area.

Where is this headed, you ask?

So, work was crazy, and parking in the new neighborhood sucked, so I asked her politely if she could find a nearby parking garage for me, where I could rent a regular parking space and be guaranteed a spot every night. As luck would have it, there was a parking garage at the nearest intersection, just a couple of buildings down. Parking was cheapest on the roof, so every night when I got home from work, I had to walk down about 5 floors of stairs, and at the bottom was the exit to the garage. But every night, I heard a band playing from behind a door in the parking garage. I assumed that it was a nearby club, but as I got to know the area better, I realized there were no bars adjacent to this building.

So what was it? I asked the dude who ran the parking garage what all the noise was and he said "Oh, there's a practice space back there that bands rent to play in."

I thought to myself "Could this be THE practice space from the pre-Siamese Dream era?" You know, the one Billy lived in for a time after Gish came out. It seemed to match what I remember reading about it, but without a way to confirm, I just figured it was probably just another practice space. (The band I was hearing turned out to be a band called "Local H". Doesn't mean anything to me, but apparently they have some fans)

Then I remembered Billy showing off the practice space on the Full Circle TV special that aired in Chicago when the band broke up. I had it downloaded on my computer from forever ago, so I pulled it up, and sure enough, it was the garage! They even subtitled the building with the address on the special, so I was 100% sure. I poked my head back there a few times, but the actual entry to the practice area was padlocked. Would have been really neat to see what it was like on the inside.

Anyhow, at the time (this was about 7 months ago) I was unsure if I was going to pursue playing music for a living (my dream), or if I was going to continue on the path I was on (normal job, decent money). I figured that maybe this was a "sine".

You can guess what the decision was that I made in the end. The Smashing Pumpkins have had an immeasurable effect on me, musically, and they are my coming of age music, so they are important in less tangible ways to me as well.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
redbull
Immortal

bo

Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
neopryn
let's see your penis!

who gives a fuck

Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Fuck off.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

I should have expected as much. Thanks everybody.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Can a mod delete this shit please.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #7
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

I can't believe you made it that far.

+rep

Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
br191804
Demi-God

Esty, Your one miserable fuck. Dude take your prozac or zoloft or whatever, Your fucking prick.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Hey now, those are some hateful words you're using.

Good to know netphoria is rubbing off on you. A few more years and i might start to like you.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I can't believe you made it that far.

+rep
Oh, I'm sorry if I screwed up your all-important internet message board, asshole. I could have made another gem like "OMGZ is teh b0lly gay"

This is what this place is here for, is for people to talk about SP related shit. I understand it's common practice for you to be a dick to everyone, but I think you probably would have better luck just fucking off on this one.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
br191804
Demi-God

Fuck off! Actually I go on this website to find some insightful SP news not to read your bullshit.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

We have never had an "OMGZ is teh bolly gay" thread, but i'm sure that would have been better than your boring ass story.

Also, this place is here for us to talk about sp and whatever else some dumbass decides to post. So fuck off, It was a shitty story.

Last edited by Esty : 05-03-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #13
br191804
Demi-God

Let's ban Esty. Your life would be over.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #14
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Are we talking about insightful news like "maybe Jeff and Ginger are in the band, maybe" or pictures of doors that say "Jeff" and "Ginger" on it? Any real credible news about the band is going to be on the front page of Netphoria.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #15
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

If i had a dime for every dickhead who said to "ban me" or that i have no "life", i'd own netphoria by now.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #16
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncrashesdown
Any real credible news about the band is going to be on the front page of Netphoria.
this is almost never updated, genius. if you don't like the causticism here, go to blamo.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #17
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs down

Quote:
Any real credible news about the band is going to be on the front page of Netphoria.
You're a dumbfuck, stop posting.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #18
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

It's almost never updated because there is almost never any news about the band (thanks, BC). Last big news story was James Iha not returning, and lookie lookie, it's on the fuckin front page.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #19
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

You've been a member 3 days, you don't know shit.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #20
better than new
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
It's almost never updated because there is almost never any news about the band (thanks, BC). Last big news story was James Iha not returning, and lookie lookie, it's on the fuckin front page.

what about the track list?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #21
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

I've been reading this message board for rumors and shit since Billy first said he was reviving SP. So that's about two years now.

And plus, I didn't realize you were the one doling out "Super Cool Internet Street Cred" on this board. I'm not sure what it is I "don't know shit" about, but it makes you look like a loser to bitch about how long somebody has been a member of an internet forum.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #22
TAFH
Demi-God

hey suncrashesdown, interesting story

however, I don't think this is the best place to share something very important or meaningful...

I have noticed that most users of this forum do not really focus on the SP and their music, they're just here to create rumors, insult each other, and post with a lot of dumb sarcasm...

I thought I would find old fans who had something important to say...

but it's all just like those answers you got... so don't pay too much attention...

on the other hand, there are a few users that always have something interesting to say...

Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #23
MonteLDS
*sigh*

worst thread ever!

Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #24
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Another idiot. I can't wait for the oboard to come and take you all away to retard heaven.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #25
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

esty. you have to (talk like) this guy. then (maybe) you'll get through to him.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #26
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
And plus, I didn't realize you were the one doling out "Super Cool Internet Street Cred" on this board. I'm not sure what it is I "don't know shit" about, but it makes you look like a loser to bitch about how long somebody has been a member of an internet forum.
I used it as an example of you not knowing shit since you've been here for 3 days. Soooooo, stop fucking posting, and go back to reading the board. Ok junior.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #27
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks, TAFH.

Wow, Esty, you really showed me. And talking down to me with pejorative terms like "junior" really shows everyone how superior you are.

Esty wins the thread.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #28
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

close this piece of shit.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #29
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Can a mod delete this shit please.
Good god, shut the fuck up. You want this to be deleted, but then you spew crap all over this board.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #30
TAFH
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
close this piece of shit.
do you ever have something relevant to say ?