Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #1381
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

well duh. ram27 and i have already conclusively concluded that it was her blonde hair.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #1382
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
also

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/35...b18e6561c3.jpg

Old 03-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #1383
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
chris is blonde.
AAARRRGGGHHH!! FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS IS NOT CHRIS

IT'S FIONA HORNE

Old 03-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #1384
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Pumpkins nostalgia for the greatest hits tour promotion. Jackass Bates is now involved in the hashtags...

williampcorgan
In many ways, the song that started it all #siva #smashingpumpkins @smashingpumpkins @jamesihaofficial @chamberdrums @jjjschroeder @jackbass89

Old 03-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #1385
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Corgan being bothered by D’Arcy and James dating isn’t something I pulled out of my ass. He’s the one who decided to bring up her “riding James” in an interview (6 years after those two had split mind you, but still obviously on his mind) when D’Arcy was asked if her raising horses helped her deal with her band mates.

We can speculate as to WHY this stuck with Corgan but it clearly bothered him at some level.

Personally I think he lusted after D’Arcy and was bitter the attraction wasn’t shared. But that is me guessing and speculating.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #1386
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Old 03-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #1387
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Pumpkins nostalgia for the greatest hits tour promotion.

...more nostalgia >>>

Old 03-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #1388
pinetree
Ownz

I've been checking the stubhub prices. they've made a steady decline over the past few weeks. lowest now is $25 in my town

Old 03-28-2018, 03:04 AM   #1389
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Now Billy is using his own train wrecking son even to promote the actual SP t-shirt collection:

williampcorgan
Mr. Choo Choo modeling the newest @smashingpumpkins shirt from our special capsule collection. We love our new t-shirt partner, so many, many cool things to come. To see what's available, copy this link: store.smashingpumpkins.com

Old 03-28-2018, 03:10 AM   #1390
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Meanwhile the official Smashing Pumpkins site and the just installed european SP-store are shut down since days...

https://www.smashingpumpkins.com

Old 03-28-2018, 03:14 AM   #1391
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

A Corgan statement from eight years ago. Back to "old school"?
http://antiquiet.com/music/2010/12/b...ns-show-metro/

“I think as more time goes by we all should look at SP as having 2 totally different eras, ‘old school’ and ‘new school’ or whatever. call it what you want, the SP of 2005-2010 and counting has been a different animal, albeit with similar goals set in a different world. “‘old’ SP ended exactly 10 years ago this night, and it a’int ever coming back. from my vantage point, that’s a good thing. that band will never sell out and never grow old gracefully (because honestly it couldn’t). long live SP 1987-2000 a great fucking band when it was ‘on’. and a nightmare when it was ‘off’. thanks for checking out these thoughts/memories, love BC”

Old 03-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #1392
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
williampcorgan The moose on my wall says, ‘Good morning!’ For those that wonder, this is a carved, wooden, Black Forest work dating to the late 1800’s. Which I have up in my kitchen. I’d originally bought it for @madamezuzus 2.0 but obv changed my mind (as Pisces are won’t to do). Wrote another new song yesterday evening, at the moment affectionately titled ‘The Goodship Disaster’ (I don’t think it will last).
So working on lyrics for that now. And have been singing each day to find the robust tones buried beneath my oft-quoted nasal whine.

I hope everyone is well, and appreciate all the positive feedback and photos I receive here. Your fidelity is valued and appreciated, and we are certainly lucky as musicians to have such support. I could go on about what’s false or misrepresented, but time says the truth will win out in the end and is best represented by proof that can be seen and felt (like new music, videos, action, and of course shows). And to that I can report discussions are in the works for our first international shows, so keep asking because we are listening.
And lastly, if you haven’t yet, please subscribe to my new @spotify playlist (WPC’S MUSIC MACHINE). On the advice of the friend I’m going to treat it more like a radio station playlist and add a few and subtract a few as I go, so I’ll do that today. The link to the playlist is in my IG BIO
Lots of love, WPC
@smashingpumpkins @chamberdrums @jamesihaofficial @jjjschroeder @jackbass89 #smashingpumpkins #wpc

The moose on my wall says, ‘Good morning!’ For those that wonder, this is a carved, wooden, Black Forest work dating to the late 1800’s. Which I have up in my kitchen. I’d originally bought it for @madamezuzus 2.0 but obv changed my mind (as Pisces are won’t to do). Wrote another new song yesterday evening, at the moment affectionately titled ‘The Goodship Disaster’ (I don’t think it will last). So working on lyrics for that now. And have been singing each day to find the robust tones buried beneath my oft-quoted nasal whine. I hope everyone is well, and appreciate all the positive feedback and photos I receive here. Your fidelity is valued and appreciated, and we are certainly lucky as musicians to have such support. I could go on about what’s false or misrepresented, but time says the truth will win out in the end and is best represented by proof that can be seen and felt (like new music, videos, action, and of course shows). And to that I can report discussions are in the works for our first international shows, so keep asking because we are listening. And lastly, if you haven’t yet, please subscribe to my new @spotify playlist (WPC’S MUSIC MACHINE). On the advice of the friend I’m going to treat it more like a radio station playlist and add a few and subtract a few as I go, so I’ll do that today. The link to the playlist is in my IG BIO Lots of love, WPC @smashingpumpkins @chamberdrums @jamesihaofficial @jjjschroeder @jackbass89 #smashingpumpkins #wpc

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Old 03-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #1393
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
And have been singing each day to find the robust tones buried beneath my oft-quoted nasal whine.
So...he's trying to go even farther away from his 90's voice?

Old 03-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #1394
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

The official Smashing Pumpkins site is now back, but the European SP-store is gone for the American again...

https://www.smashingpumpkins.com

Old 03-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #1395
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

"Your fidelity"?
Colour me an infidel. We're not married, B0lly. The man never watched the blues brothers in his life.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #1396
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
And to that I can report discussions are in the works for our first international shows, so keep asking because we are listening.
Keep asking? But how??

Come to Stuttgart! For going with Auggie to the Christmas market, catching the train:

https://www.lebkuchen-schmidt.com/we...dermueller.jpg

Old 03-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #1397
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc33 View Post
"Your fidelity"?
Colour me an infidel. We're not married, B0lly. The man never watched the blues brothers in his life.
He's from Chicago. It's required watching

Old 03-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #1398
KissesandNoise
Banned

They keep @mentioning @jackbass89. That is not Jack Bates

EDIT: Damn. It is him on Instagram

Old 03-28-2018, 06:12 PM   #1399
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Maybe he and D'arcy banged once in like 1995 and then she told him off, saying it was a mistake and a one-off. That would explain a lot in their relationship and that weird dynamic.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #1400
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Now Billy is using his own train wrecking son even to promote the actual SP t-shirt collection:
Maybe it's just me, but I'd keep an innocent toddler out of the Netphoria hate vortex. It's his little boy wearing his gear. It's actually super fucking cute.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:33 PM   #1401
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I'd keep an innocent toddler out of the Netphoria hate vortex. It's his little boy wearing his gear. It's actually super fucking cute.
Keep in mind the sane people criticizing Billy for "using" his son to promote stuff were also criticizing him for not talking about AJ for the first 1 or 2 years.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:18 PM   #1402
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
AAARRRGGGHHH!! FOR THE LAST TIME, THIS IS NOT CHRIS

IT'S FIONA HORNE
There was actually a real pic of Billy with Chris posted on Sad Machines sometime last year when I was on there. She looked nothing like that chick who, as you said, is Fiona Horne, she also looked nothing like the woman from the LinkedIn profile that someone posted.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #1403
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

reptilian shapeshifter

duh

Old 03-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #1404
Ram27
dumb

AJ gear promotion is super weird

Maybe one pic would be cute, but he's been doing it so much; it's so transparent

Old 03-28-2018, 10:42 PM   #1405
WakaFlocka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
AJ gear promotion is super weird

Maybe one pic would be cute, but he's been doing it so much; it's so transparent
to me he just seems like he's still trying to figure out the dad thing, but yeah sure some of you could view it as some type of weird exploitation or advertising.. can't say i personally see it that way, who cares if he wants to put merch on the kid and take some pictures? before he even started posted these little things people complained he wasn't sharing any pics of his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Keep in mind the sane people criticizing Billy for "using" his son to promote stuff were also criticizing him for not talking about AJ for the first 1 or 2 years.

at this point it doesn't seem to matter either way since he's just been a gaslighting sociopathic trump supporter this whole time; who also managed to manipulate all of our young impressionable minds into enjoying a few decades of good music lol

Old 03-29-2018, 12:47 AM   #1406
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Yes, to me it looks strange to keep the birth of the son in the beginning anonymous to then show his face for the first time on a record cover.

And to start putting him on every third Instagram picture since the feud with D'arcy.

And to use him for another commercial appearance, to sell t-shirts for children.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:11 AM   #1407
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

where's the fucking new music? who gives a flying fuck about singing octaves and song titles.. what a retard Corgan.. he needs to just put some music out there or STFU

Old 03-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #1408
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

If he's exploring different ways of singing it might mean he's making a move away from the "straight" vocals of the last decade and hopefully dropping the vibrato... if he reads any kind of fan comments he has to know the vibrato isn't popular.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:11 AM   #1409
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
If he's exploring different ways of singing it might mean he's making a move away from the "straight" vocals of the last decade and hopefully dropping the vibrato... if he reads any kind of fan comments he has to know the vibrato isn't popular.

And b0lly gives a fuck.
What do you mean with dropped consonants?? Can someone give me examples????? Thx

Old 03-29-2018, 07:28 AM   #1410
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Let me Google that for you