Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #91
Order 66
Socialphobic

the most underrated show right now (in the US at least)

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...640_SY720_.jpg

Old 04-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #92
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

The Americans - reporting back:

took about half an hour until my brain finally let go of FELICITY and was able to watch her in The Americans. I always assumed it's some super truper cold war spy plot, but it seems to be more about the marriage than anything else?

Also surprisingly funny, cracked me up to watch some corpse disposal scene with Phil Colilns singing "In The Air Tonight."

I want to keep watching, over 30 episodes just to catch up, though.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #93
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
the most underrated show right now (in the US at least)

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...640_SY720_.jpg
Picture not showing up

Old 04-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #94
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

It's Borgia

Old 04-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #95
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Borgia's ok for what it is. it is very entertaining.

The Fall was ok. I felt season 2 ended badly.

Watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt now, which I'm loving. Tina Fey OMG. Girl crush.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #96
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Just heard about this:
http://www.salon.com/2015/04/06/the_...ederic_brandt/

Old 04-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #97
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i've spent most of today so far binge watching the new Daredevil series on Netflix. It's very good. IMO the best Marvel or DC series so far. It's well written and acted. And the fight scenes are well choreographed. It's what the Arrow tv series should have been.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #98
Order 66
Socialphobic

Just finished binging Bloodline on netflix... surprisingly good. Have no idea how they'll pull off a second season (it got renewed) given how it ended but whatevs

Old 04-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #99
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
i've spent most of today so far binge watching the new Daredevil series on Netflix. It's very good. IMO the best Marvel or DC series so far. It's well written and acted. And the fight scenes are well choreographed. It's what the Arrow tv series should have been.
I plan to check it out but GODDAM this costume.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #100
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

are you talking about his black under armor shirt and the bandanna over his face? That's from Daredevil The Man With No Fear

http://thegeeksverse.com/wp-content/...vs_Netflix.jpg

it's part of Matt Murdock's origin story. Buy the end of the series he has a red costume, though.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #101
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

oh good!

and yeah i know the Frank miller black outfit but i thought maybe they'd only have him in that unfortunate outfit for like an ep or two....then they made it seem as if it was gonna be his standard costume and i was like...ok no. Not to mention it was really almost closer to the awful Trial of incredible hulk costume.

But yeah i just googled the red suit for the series, great.

Like i know a suit doesnt make a series but i still thought it was dumb to stick with such an half assed costume... and DD should be red.

I mean DD IS my favorite marvel character and i had to suffer for years because of that fucking Affleck movie thinking they' never reboot the character in live action... i was very positive about the netflix series but the costume was a sore point.

I know they plan to have a defenders series but i kind wish they would transition DD to their movie universe eventually

I hope i like it. I dint like arrow at all. Watched only for like 5 episodes and what kept me interested was the shot of the Deathstroke mask in the like second episode. I never made it to deathstroke though. Couldn't stand the series.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #102
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

christ why do you gaf abt the fuckin costume so much

Old 04-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #103
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Because in superhero comics its kinda integral to the character's identity. Like i know some characters have had several significant costumes changes but that was generally because the design they already had was never that well liked or to revive interest in the character cause the sales were slumping.

To be honest when i thought this was the definitive costume, i was more annoyed with it being black because you just can't change a character's costume colors and the devil bit of daredevil just strongly suggests red anyway. Again..yes they've done it in comics...it's rarely been a success. And im aware DD started yellow but that was for a very short period.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #104
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

it's not like the hulk movie costume, which was spande body suit. In this show he's wearing a long sleeve shirt, what looks like tight cargo pants, boots and a belt.

He hasn't always worn the red suit. his first suit was yellow and red. And repeatedly since the 80s he's appeared in comics wearing a mostly black costume.

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/r...lowcostume.jpg

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/..._by_Kaufee.jpg

Old 04-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #105
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Not counting the movies or TV he's had at least 6 significant costumes since the comic debuted in the 60s.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/f...?itok=7dhCciiD

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 04-11-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #106
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

this reminds me of the fan boys who bitched about Zack Snyder's Superman costume because it didn't look enough like this

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/...man-101807.jpg

Old 04-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #107
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I'm guessing TEB is going to hate the new Wonder Woman because her tiny outfit doesn't look like that one Linda Carter wore

Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #108
Order 66
Socialphobic

this is the new superman costume

... cosplaying just got a lot easier

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploa...5/03/supes.jpg

Old 04-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #109
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
this reminds me of the fan boys who bitched about Zack Snyder's Superman costume because it didn't look enough like this

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/...man-101807.jpg
I made my points already about costume changes and none of the DD costume changes aside from the move to classic red in 65 were any good anyway. Also they were temporary. It's ok to shake things up in comics once in a while.

The issue is that the black origin costume was pretty horrible as far as definitive costume went and i really thought they would stick with it. I don't mind it now that i know it's transitional.

I didn't bitch at the snyder costume though honestly while i didnt want the reeves one, i thought it was a bit shitty too. The logo is horrible anyway. Overall the superman returns costume was better. And i'd have bitched the SHIT out of Snyder's costume if they' dlost the blue and red.

The new WW costume is fine but who gives a shit, this movie sounds like a giant turd. Worst casting and Affleck is nearly the least of my worries. More like Eisenberg's Luther and Jason Momoa's Aquaman...

Old 04-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #110
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

have you watched the series? he doesn't have a real "costume" when it starts because the first 13 episodes are mostly his origin story, dumb ass!

highlight for spoilers:

the first season plays out as an origin story for both Murdock and Fisk. At the beginning the public doesn't know either of them. Murdock doesn't know anything about Kingpin. As the series moves along they each become more and more like their established comic characters. Fisk takes over the city. By the end of the 13 episodes Kingpin is established in the city and the city is referring to Murdock as the "Hell's Kitchen Devil"

they do a good job of only hinting at other Marvel Universe stuff, like the Avengers battle of New York. There's no real cameos from the Marvel movies or tv shows. And very little of the rest of Daredevil's world (like Elektra) is shown. They do drop a lot of easter eggs. Matt refers a couple of times to a "Greek girl" he dated in college. There's an episode that includes Stick and hints at the Chaste without naming them. There's also hints of The Hand.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 04-11-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

man, you guys are nerds

Old 04-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #112
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

a very detailed "review" of the Daredevil series

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...ar?showAll=yes

Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #113
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I've watched the first three episodes of The Americans now. I've been studying the cold war in my history class so this kinda piqued my interest, along with Eulogy's recommendation. I really like it. Not top tier but very good. Potential to get better as well.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:14 AM   #114
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Totally forgot about Top of The Lake - Jane Campion!

7 episodes, that should be doable. I can't keep up with all the stuff I want to watch.
I like her... especially Bright Star.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:48 PM   #115
Trotskilicious
Banned

im watching game of frowns, im on s3. starting to lose me with the extra gratuitous sex and nudity and also lady stannis' stillborn in jars was too much

Old 04-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #116
Eulogy
huh

The Americans uses sex scenes spectacularly. And oh my god the finale

!!!!!

Old 04-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #117
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
im watching game of frowns, im on s3. starting to lose me with the extra gratuitous sex and nudity and also lady stannis' stillborn in jars was too much
http://www.vice.com/read/i-tried-to-...ne-sitting-789

just read this the other day - thought you might find it amusing

Old 04-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #118
Trotskilicious
Banned

i powered thru it despite the fact that the author established early on that they were far far too cool for fantasy

Old 04-23-2015, 08:42 PM   #119
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

More comics bitching...

why would DC allow Oliver Queen on The Arrow TV series to join the League of Shadows? Srsly, wtf?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #120
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!