Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2016, 07:20 PM   #121
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The Nazi regime, in a sort of pre-echoing of the sentiments felt by most of this board, didn't quite see eye to eye with Elphenor when it came to aesthetics. As a result, this particular variety of magic was lost to us all.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #122
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Two I would definitely consider all-time favorites at this point: Thursday and Thrice. Both have immaculate discographies that just get better as the years go on, especially their later albums.

Really glad Thrice is back. They're probably my most anticipated album of the year. Wish Thursday could do the same.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 AM   #123
Elphenor
Braindead

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF

BRACES ON MY FANGS

Old 04-18-2016, 03:23 AM   #124
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Not just any iPod. An iPod classic.

Seriously. I'm not about to stream music, so iPod is still the best and most convenient choice for me.
I'll second that one. Still love my classic: they day they killed it, I ordered a second and am hoarding it (still sealed) for the day that my current one kicks off. Reason being, my car stereo which I put a pretty penny into is built around the iPod, so I'm kind of married to the thing, which I'm OK with. That much storage, no internet connection required for when I'm in the sticks, lossless capabilities... it's a champ.

Anyways, back to the subject here:

First off, it's nice to see some positive SP sentiment in here. I too will dump on BC's current output and some decisions as of late, but still: they are, and always will be my favorite band. It's nice to see others recognize that yeah, we are still on Netphoria in 2016, and that means that probably, they still hold a pretty soft spot in our hearts. And with the recent James return, I'm sure we're all at a spot where that can be admitted a bit easier.

If I had to rattle off a few others, I would usually say that Pearl Jam comes in second, followed by Morrissey (and the Smiths, yeah - but I like his solo stuff more, a highly unpopular opinion in that circle) and R.E.M. Also a pretty big fan of My Morning Jacket.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #125
myosis
Minion of Satan

i have a classic too, i can carry almost my whole library in it. not lossless of course.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #126
myosis
Minion of Satan

but it has a bug where it repeats "smashing pumpkins" and "the smashing pumpkins" at least 20 times in the artist menu

Old 04-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #127
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I'll second that one. Still love my classic: they day they killed it, I ordered a second and am hoarding it (still sealed) for the day that my current one kicks off. Reason being, my car stereo which I put a pretty penny into is built around the iPod, so I'm kind of married to the thing, which I'm OK with. That much storage, no internet connection required for when I'm in the sticks, lossless capabilities... it's a champ.

Anyways, back to the subject here:

First off, it's nice to see some positive SP sentiment in here. I too will dump on BC's current output and some decisions as of late, but still: they are, and always will be my favorite band. It's nice to see others recognize that yeah, we are still on Netphoria in 2016, and that means that probably, they still hold a pretty soft spot in our hearts. And with the recent James return, I'm sure we're all at a spot where that can be admitted a bit easier.

If I had to rattle off a few others, I would usually say that Pearl Jam comes in second, followed by Morrissey (and the Smiths, yeah - but I like his solo stuff more, a highly unpopular opinion in that circle) and R.E.M. Also a pretty big fan of My Morning Jacket.
What's good after Z? Oh man I loved that record but stopped following for some reason

Also r u named for the Crime and Punishment?

Old 04-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #128
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
but it has a bug where it repeats "smashing pumpkins" and "the smashing pumpkins" at least 20 times in the artist menu
This kind of stuff happens with your iPod if you have a single band under slightly different names in iTunes, mostly when you have some songs under "The" and some songs omitting the "the." Since the sorting system doesn't take into account "the" when alphabetically sorting things, but still distinguishes any tags that aren't 100% identical (even different letter cases can fuck things up), this causes problems.

You'd think it'd only make two artist categories (Smashing Pumpkins and The Smashing Pumpkins), but it looks to me like it makes several because... it's hard to explain, but it goes down the albums in alphabetical order, and if a string of songs where the artist tag has "the" in it is interrupted by one that doesn't have "the" in it, the next string of songs that does have the "the" will go under it's own thing, rather than the first group that also had the "the."

But then the weird thing is that if you select any of the duplicates of the same artist, all the songs by them, regardless of if they have "the" in the artist tag, will usually be there.

Easiest fix is just to search "Smashing Pumpkins" in iTunes, hit CTRL + A, right click and select "edit info." This will let you edit all the artist tags at one, so you can change them all the "The Smashing Pumpkins." Just don't accidentally edit the wrong box and give all your songs the same title or something because that will be hell to sort out.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #129
slunken
Virgo

I still rock the classic as well (i'm on my 2nd). You have to be uptight about file info to prevent stuff like mentioned above.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #130
myosis
Minion of Satan

right... i guess that using a different player than itunes on my computer may make things more difficult to me

Old 04-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #131
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I still rock the classic as well (i'm on my 2nd). You have to be uptight about file info to prevent stuff like mentioned above.
You realllllly gotta be on your game. But when it's clean, it's the best.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #132
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
What's good after Z? Oh man I loved that record but stopped following for some reason

Also r u named for the Crime and Punishment?
Z is amazing. Probably their best, front to back. I really like "Circuital" - would say it's right behind Z from mass appeal. But you can't go wrong with "Evil Urges", which is my personal favorite, but gets weird at spots on side B.