mirrar quit netphoria

and no i hadn't heard it before

Old 07-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #63
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
i have not heard it. i live in a state where they play it on the news. i don't watch the news. why the hell would i lie about not having heard it. i haven't heard it. i've heard it now because of this thread, but i have not heard it prior ever. i also own an xbox. unless it was in the GTA 5 soundtrack i havent heard it.
Because unless you have not been around a TV or Radio and when outdoors walk with noise canceling headphones on I don't see how anyone could realistically not here what has to be the most licensed since Moby started the trend 15 years ago. The song is unavoidable.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #64
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
no one has ever heard the original version of the la's "there she goes"?
that song was huge but now all i can remember is the sixpence none the richer cover

fuck

Old 07-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #65
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Because unless you have not been around a TV or Radio and when outdoors walk with noise canceling headphones on I don't see how anyone could realistically not here what has to be the most licensed since Moby started the trend 15 years ago. The song is unavoidable.
i use a tv every day. i do not listen to radio. i've never heard it. i've heard this pounded into my head more than i've heard it, which has been once now, 5 minutes ago. you know, there are people who haven't seen the goonies. or star wars. or ghostbusters too. everything is avoidable. i don't go to malls. i think it's more likely i get struck by lightening than be exposed to a song i've never heard before. there is nothing to impress by me saying i haven't heard it. the reaction i'm getting to having not having ever heard it is making me quite happy actually. i'm happy you've heard it and can't avoid. i'm very happy i have not and have not suffered through hearing it so much that is unavoidable to people. again, i don't watch tv. i watch movies. unless it was in a movie soundtrack of a movie i've seen and completely ignored it because it is entirely forgettable with NO HOOK. i ain't even trying to argue. i heard heard of countless artists/musicians before i have actually ever heard a song by them. i think this is more the norm.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #66
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
that song was huge but now all i can remember is the sixpence none the richer cover

fuck
and it was good too.. that guys voice was awesome. but it's perpetually associated to someone else. i guess this is a different discussion but you know it's like getting into an argument with someone about who does the song at the end of fight club. when the internet was getting going with filesharing someone mislabeled "where is my mind" as being by placebo and not the pixies. of course a decade later placebo does cover it but there are still people that thought and maybe even still think placebo does "where is my mind".. yet they also know who the pixies are because of course everyone knows who the pixies are! our world culture is uneducated and prone to spoon feeding, it's just the way it is. marketing people and typos, miscredits have gotten the better of everyone.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #67
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
i am not at all conscious of any imagine dragons songs though

i mean most of this stuff i can't believe anyone would not have heard
i never leave the house or listen to music radio but i still have somehow heard happy, fancy, royals, and blurred lines enough that they will still be in my head in 50 years if I never hear them again

not that i'll be alive in 50 years
i have been exposed to happy, blurred lines and every awful daft punk song. pharrel is the new antichrist. i fucking hate that guy. i used to even sort of like n.e.r.d. and gosh i miss missy elliot in her heyday. even timbaland and his awful production is kind of missed. dr. dre has all but disappeared too like i want my chronic level of production back.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #68
MusicMan4

The first n.e.r.d. album is still good
I like a lot of neptunes stuff still
But yeah Pharrel has basically been a vomit for years
Once it became all about him and not "the Neptunes" it has all just been insanely annoying

Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #69
MusicMan4

Somehow I didn't know that Sixpence None the Richer had a hit with that
I would only know of the La's version
Sixpence was big when I was in high school so I don't know how I would have missed it

Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #70
MusicMan4

It probably helped knowing The La's to have been the right age to be a big fan of So I Married An Axe Murderer

Old 07-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #71
noyen
Immortal

it could've been a regional problem. i lived on the east coast in virginia when i heard the la's (i still have that cassette, a lot of good songs) but then the original was in movies like so i married an axe murderer alongside a cover by the boo radleys and then after that i'd only hear the sixpence version and hardly ever the la's or boo radleys cover ever again. i really liked that la's album a lot it still sounds good.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #72
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
It probably helped knowing The La's to have been the right age to be a big fan of So I Married An Axe Murderer
i think that helped.. that movie ruled. i dont know why it's listed as a "cult" movie when almost everyone gets the jokes from it and i still think it's hilarious. the soundtrack for that movie was more popular than the movie i guess. like ned's atomic dustbin did well with their saturday night cover from that movie too.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #73
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
pharrel is the new antichrist. i fucking hate that guy.
hahahahahaha

Old 07-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #74
Mayfuck
Banned

stop

Old 07-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #75
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the oversaturation of the Imagine Dragons song is to the point where I couldn't even have told you what artist it was until this thread, it's just like in the fucking air man. I walk down the street and the clouds and trees are projecting that song.

Royals was also huge but I think there was a more hype generated about the artistry and the artist herself, whereas the Imagine Dragons song is just so fucking horrible and generic it can be a theme song to anything.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #76
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfuck View Post
stop
say it to my face, coward. your negative rep really hurts. mortally wounded. stop breathing.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 AM   #77
Bread Regal
Banned

i heard the name imagine dragons and only today i learned they do all the top 40 songs that i just loathe.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 AM   #78
Bread Regal
Banned

even back when N.E.R.D. was on the radio, i hated pharrell. he has a special touch to create music that foments a hatred deep within me. and this past summer, with those three songs playing everywhere all the time. they made me want to stab my own dick.

perhaps some of the people in this thread never walk into business establishments which play music. that differs from my experience where it seems like no matter which gas station, or supermarket or drug store or head shop i walk into, the radio's on, playing one of the twelve songs on Clear Channel's 15-24 demographic playlist.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #79
Bread Regal
Banned

it makes life barely bearable.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:08 AM   #80
noyen
Immortal

stop making these posts. this isn't 2014 and you aren't on tumblr trolling a new crowd.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:10 AM   #81
Bread Regal
Banned

guys,

Old 07-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #82
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
The first n.e.r.d. album is still good
I like a lot of neptunes stuff still
But yeah Pharrel has basically been a vomit for years
Once it became all about him and not "the Neptunes" it has all just been insanely annoying
this

lord willin is a fuckin classick

Old 07-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #83
Trotskilicious
Banned

but let me also say that i don't ever remember hearing that imagine dragons song. it's one of those new hipster bands that don't do any hooks.

my friend does stage management for SXSW and 2 year ago imagine dragons was one of the bands that played her venue. *hipster glasses* this is of course before they blew up. andyways she said they were horrible, i thought the band name was dumb so when they blew up i was like "this can't be good"

it's even on my basketball game with the smash hits of 2013 like get lucky and blurred lines and i still don't remember it.

what a truly worthless song, reminds me of cage the elephant or foster the people where you're like that was really bland and kind of beige and utterly forgettable

Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #84
Trotskilicious
Banned

happy is like the anthem of every blinkered positive thinking idiot in the universe, and for that reason i hate it with the kind of fiery passion i bring to the table re: picky eaters