Apocalyptic Poster

talented lol

Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #182
lemonscure
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
talented lol
What's so funny? Lyrically I dislike the dude, he raps shit most of the time. But as a producer, dude got some skill. "lol"

Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #183
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

diamonds from sierra leone is one of my top five kanye tracks so i can't agree with that

i like new slaves but as a whole that album was fonzie jumping a shark

Old 02-11-2015, 09:21 PM   #184
Trotskilicious
Banned

honestly i was just thinking this is when 'ye's lack of a college education is starting to bite him. he wants to talk about sociopolitical and economic issues but he doesn't understand basic logic, or even really how to argue or talk about things. but since he's so full of himself he just babbles and since the press is so in awe of him and grateful to have him on their show they don't call him out

Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #185
lemonscure
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
diamonds from sierra leone is one of my top five kanye tracks so i can't agree with that

i like new slaves but as a whole that album was fonzie jumping a shark
Yeah, it's a good song. I just kinda don't like when he says 'for ever ever for ever ever...'. And Fiasco's version is deeper to me, plus I heard it first, and only later heard Kanye's version, so that could also be the reason why I like Lupe's version more, even though it isn't OG. And yes, "New Slaves" is dope. Probably my favourite from his new album.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #186
lemonscure
Pledge

Quote:
honestly i was just thinking this is when 'ye's lack of a college education is starting to bite him. he wants to talk about sociopolitical and economic issues but he doesn't understand basic logic, or even really how to argue or talk about things. but since he's so full of himself he just babbles and since the press is so in awe of him and grateful to have him on their show they don't call him out
Tho I'm actually surprised how Kanye kinda calmly handled Charlamagne's questions etc, even though his answers weren't good, but he wasn't as crazy as he was in the interview with Sway from the same year

Old 02-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #187
Trotskilicious
Banned

i like the forever forever ever ever ever thing because it's just homage to outkast and it connects with the diamonds are forever sample

Old 02-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #188
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
bill is kind of like this, only more eloquent and less relevant

MORE ELOQUENT
LESS RELEVANT
BIG ELEPHANT
OUT HIS ELEMENT

Old 02-11-2015, 11:20 PM   #189
Trotskilicious
Banned

i dunno he babbles about the same to me, i forgot which interview was the best example of this

Old 02-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #190
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Racist

Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #191
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
MORE ELOQUENT
LESS RELEVANT
BIG ELEPHANT
OUT HIS ELEMENT
BIG BILLY SOUND UN
INTELLIGENT
TEARGARDEN A DUMB
EXPERIMENT

Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #192
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

PREVALENT ARROGANCE
BORDERLINE MALEVOLENCE
THIS JERK TEMPERAMENT'S
BALD GRANDILOQUENCE

Old 02-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #193
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

APPARENT ARROGANCE AMAZES YOUR ASTONISHED BRAIN
A PALLID PALIMPSEST OF GLORY DAYS AND HONEST FAME
AIRHEAD ASTROLOGIST AND HOT DOG EATER’S RECORDS FAIL
AND SO THE PRIMA DONNA TELLS THE PRESS HE’S GONNA BAIL

“JUST SHOW ME ONCE INSIDE THIS CULTURE WHEN I’VE GOTTEN LOVE
A MASTER MELODIST WHO ALWAYS GOTTA PUSH AND SHOVE
TO GET ATTENTION DUE TO ME, ACCLAIM APPLAUSE AN’ SHIT
WHEN Y’ALL COULD HAND ME A KAZOO AND I COULD WRITE A HIT

OH BILLY WHEN YOU GONNA NOTICE THAT YOU’RE OUT OF DATE
IT AIN’T UNFAIR TO PASS YOU OVER WHEN YOU’RE SECOND-RATE
JUST WRITE SOME ROCKIN’ SHIT LIKE “PORCELINA,” “X.Y.U
AND PUT THE PAIN INSIDE THE MUSIC, NOT THE INTERVIEW

Old 02-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #194
Trotskilicious
Banned

ninsp thanks for your ultra dumb comment you butthurt fool

Old 02-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #195
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't expect much about D4N has changed, other than the title and release date, to distance itself from the commercial failure of MTAE.

I still kinda like MTAE more than Oash, but it's shelf life was way short. It's disappointing to hear Corgan dissing it already, causing even bigger blows to his credibility. I'm sure he'll be pointing the finger at Howard soon enough, given his involvement was relegated for D4N.

So what are we left with? MTAE is pretty much dead in the water. The vinyl pressings of the long synth pieces are a fucking joke but generate an income so he's moving ahead with those, whilst sitting on the early demos previously announced. Not to mention the Machina reissue, and hundreds of unearthed demos and live recordings fans actually want to hear. D4N will no doubt continue the mediocre run, but hopefully reach some sort of conclusion for SP3. Sadly, it seems he's going to pad this thing out for decades. Machina, Greatest Hits, Chicago Songs, 2nd solo electronic album and memoir, Experimental Vinyl Box Set, Zwan Box Set, Future Embrace reissue, Live album (not Metro), Zeitgeist reissue, Teargarden Box Set, 30th Anniversary Editions with new unreleased tracks, SP4 reunion announced... It's just a neverending stream of piss you don't want, to get to a handful of half-decent tracks.

And by this point, you have to figure this is a deliberate decision on Corgan's part and... why are we even here?

Old 02-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #196
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I don't expect much about D4N has changed, other than the title and release date, to distance itself from the commercial failure of MTAE.

I still kinda like MTAE more than Oash, but it's shelf life was way short. It's disappointing to hear Corgan dissing it already, causing even bigger blows to his credibility. I'm sure he'll be pointing the finger at Howard soon enough, given his involvement was relegated for D4N.

So what are we left with? MTAE is pretty much dead in the water. The vinyl pressings of the long synth pieces are a fucking joke but generate an income so he's moving ahead with those, whilst sitting on the early demos previously announced. Not to mention the Machina reissue, and hundreds of unearthed demos and live recordings fans actually want to hear. D4N will no doubt continue the mediocre run, but hopefully reach some sort of conclusion for SP3. Sadly, it seems he's going to pad this thing out for decades. Machina, Greatest Hits, Chicago Songs, 2nd solo electronic album and memoir, Experimental Vinyl Box Set, Zwan Box Set, Future Embrace reissue, Live album (not Metro), Zeitgeist reissue, Teargarden Box Set, 30th Anniversary Editions with new unreleased tracks, SP4 reunion announced... It's just a neverending stream of piss you don't want, to get to a handful of half-decent tracks.

And by this point, you have to figure this is a deliberate decision on Corgan's part and... why are we even here?
Hopefully we can cross off amother greatest hits because that would be even more pointless than AEGEA

Old 02-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #197
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonscure View Post
What's so funny? Lyrically I dislike the dude, he raps shit most of the time. But as a producer, dude got some skill. "lol"
He is most assuredly working with other real producers on all of his material. I doubt Kanye knows what he's doing in ProTools or on a board. He has other people do it for him.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #198
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Old 02-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #199
pumpkinfan1988
Pledge

He needs to keep Burnt Orange Black. The guitar soloing alone makes the song worthy enough.

This is the best version I've seen to date. If all the songs are as strong as this, the album will be a winner IMO.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #200
lemonscure
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfan1988 View Post
He needs to keep Burnt Orange Black. The guitar soloing alone makes the song worthy enough.

This is the best version I've seen to date. If all the songs are as strong as this, the album will be a winner IMO.

It will be indeed better than that Monuments album. But don't expect to hear it sound as good as this live version, he'll fuck it up in the studio, but even then, it will be better than Monuments shit

Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #201
SensibleChuckle
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfan1988 View Post

I'm in the minority, but that song bores the hell out of me. After you've heard 30 seconds of it, you've heard it all.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #202
slunken
Virgo

the chorus is a snoozer

Old 02-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #203
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

It's annoying the way this community once a year or so will find a mediocre song and obsessively latch onto it.

It's not a very good song.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #204
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
He is most assuredly working with other real producers on all of his material. I doubt Kanye knows what he's doing in ProTools or on a board. He has other people do it for him.
Factually incorrect

Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #205
Trotskilicious
Banned

Like he made h to the izzo and all kindsa shit for jig thats how he got to make college dropout in the first place. He also did all of commons 2nd best album and everyone in the game credis him for being a producer. how is this a hoax in a culture that demands realness

I just think its incredible the kind of false bullshit ppl circulate abt a dude. Why he bother you so much, fuck man

Old 02-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #206
Trotskilicious
Banned

For all the bad shit kanye is, theres two major positives:

1. Hes passionate
2. Hes hard working

Two thing bill hasnt been in at least 10 yrs

Old 02-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #207
slunken
Virgo

bill talks a passionate game but then his studio journals just seem like nothing but diary entries

Old 02-13-2015, 10:36 PM   #208
Trotskilicious
Banned

The album has so little passion

Old 02-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #209
Trotskilicious
Banned

ive hadmore passion for a nice big dumP

Old 02-14-2015, 05:19 AM   #210
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
It's annoying the way this community once a year or so will find a mediocre song and obsessively latch onto it.

It's not a very good song.
Yeah, seems like a total throwaway to me. I'm not understanding the appeal.

You're right about the community obsessively latching onto mediocre songs. It reminds me of "Make it happen". Everyone was always raving about it but it was just a boring, simplistic little pop song... The kinda song most people would skip if it it was on an official release.