Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Korg MicroKorg synthesizer/vocoder question

Is there a way to use the Korgs base sounds in garageband and manipulate those sounds using the knobs available on the Korg itself? Logic Pro 8 maybe? I can only get the keys to play their sounds but can't seem to use any effects except the pitch...Any help would be awesome.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

i must bump til i find the answer elsewhere...

Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
cork_soaker
full of longing

i think you have to take it apart

Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

good thinking.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

How are you connecting the Korg to the computer? I don't have one(been on my tobuy list for a sad amount of years) but every other keyboard I've connected lets me use all of its functions.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

i have a midi to usb connection...
itll play the house sounds from GB, and I can even get watered down versions of the house sounds from the keyboard. but other than that no real effects to use.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #7
noyen
Immortal

explain your set up more. i still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. when you say you want to use korg sounds in garageband and manipualte/add effects with the korg as well... you should just be using a straight stereo out. either you're using your korg as a midi controller (to control software or another keyboard or piece of hardware), or you're sending midi signals from a sequencer to the korg, which it then plays back either into a PA or back into your recording rig... so if you're sending midi to the korg and want to use the knobs on the korg to manipulate the sound as it is playing back, is that what you're having a problem with? just wanna make sure we're on the same page and you understand the concepts of midi versus using your korg as an effects unit.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
noyen
Immortal

also a forum like futureproducers.com might be more up your alley if you're wanting to learn how to milk that microkorg. it is a nice little keyboard/controller.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

Instead try connecting the Korg from its line out or headphone jack with a 1/4" to 1/8" cable to the line in of your computer. You can get one at a Radioshack for like 10 bucks(or a better quality kind for more money at an actual music shop).

Old 03-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

turn the frontside topwise.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
silent_brian13
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
explain your set up more. i still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. when you say you want to use korg sounds in garageband and manipualte/add effects with the korg as well... you should just be using a straight stereo out. either you're using your korg as a midi controller (to control software or another keyboard or piece of hardware), or you're sending midi signals from a sequencer to the korg, which it then plays back either into a PA or back into your recording rig... so if you're sending midi to the korg and want to use the knobs on the korg to manipulate the sound as it is playing back, is that what you're having a problem with? just wanna make sure we're on the same page and you understand the concepts of midi versus using your korg as an effects unit.
my current set up is an midi/usb connection. and i do believe i need to just use a straight stereo out, which i need to purchase. off to guitar center i guess, since i can't find one anywhere else that has the size jacks i need.