Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #121
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
The VAST And the VAST number of people working minimum wage jobs don't want to make the effort to better themselves. (or else they would already be doing it)
It's that simple isn't it.

Some have mental issues. Some have learning disabilities. Some are caught in a prison (sometimes of their own making) but a prison nonetheless of debts, having to provide for children, of substance abuse, etc. Grants and loans aren't magical. Being poor and uneducated itself brings a lot of problems into someone's life. Finding the proper motivation to even remain alive can be an issue.

but i suppose you're born poor and were uneducated and made something out of yourself, climbed out of that pit. If you have, great for you, you're the exception, and if you haven't, you get to shut the fuck up.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #122
Tootles
Demi-God

Yea

Old 10-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #123
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Eulogy not very smart.
Why won't you tell me what you do or how old you are?

Old 10-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #124
Tootles
Demi-God

It is irrelevant. If I told you, you will simply not believe me. When I make a statement like "The VAST (don't want to generalize) number of people working minimum wage jobs have minimal education" and you respond "Are there sources for any of those assertions" I find it instantly impossible to carry on any educated debate with you.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #125
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
It is irrelevant. If I told you, you will simply not believe me. When I make a statement like "The VAST (don't want to generalize) number of people working minimum wage jobs have minimal education" and you respond "Are there sources for any of those assertions" I find it instantly impossible to carry on any educated debate with you.
If you're going to assert that I think the way I do because I am stupid, then I think what you do becomes relevant. But w/e. Be proud in your callousness and ignorance. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to change your mind.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #126
Tootles
Demi-God

Do you have statistics to back that up?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #127
Tootles
Demi-God

And no I don't assume you are stupid. But I do see for a fact that you are.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #128
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Tootles, why do you come here when you're far superior to the rest of us? What can we peasants possibly offer you?

Old 10-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #129
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
And no I don't assume you are stupid. But I do see for a fact that you are.
Assert and assume mean different things. Pretty weak burn attempt, bro.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #130
Tootles
Demi-God

He said "burn"

Old 10-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #131
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
The VAST (don't want to generalize) number of people working minimum wage jobs have minimal education. (Not even up for a debate) The VAST number of people working minimum jobs could go back to college on grants/loans etc to make them more hireable for better wages. (not debatable either) And the VAST number of people working minimum wage jobs don't want to make the effort to better themselves. (or else they would already be doing it)
"I have no conception of the poor and i am a total douchebag (not debatable)."

Old 10-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #132
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Holy shit lol

White ppl rich but they dumb

Old 10-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #133
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
If I told you, you will simply not believe me.
Tell us, otherwise we'll assume you're all bluff and that really you give handjobs for rent money and then spend it all on smack.

Last edited by Elijah Moon : 10-21-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: changed a word

Old 10-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #134
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

i know in Canada 30% of minimum wage workers have a university degree or post-secondary diploma. Sure that puts them in the minority against the 70% with HS diplomas or none but i'm not sure with such numbers one could say "vast majority". And considering how Canada fared better in the last decade economically than the US (well or had until recently...our dollar is falling now), i wouldn't be surprised if that number was several points higher in the US.

The point is moot anyway, only an idiot can be against the increase of minimum wage. In Canada it's about 1$ more in average (it varies by province, from 10$ to 11$) than the US once you've factored in the exchange rate and cost of living which is higher because of higher taxes to pay for social services (of course once you consider you never have to pay for medical care technically that kinda balances it all out but i wasn't gonna attempt to crunch the numbers on that) and because it's far from being as densely populated as the US which means higher cost of transportation for everything (although our rent is cheaper). I fail to see how that has impacted anything here negatively.

I believe in the UK its even higher.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #135
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

actually i just checked the numbers for the US. Same thing really, 29.something% of minimum wage workers have an associate degree or bachelor's degree or higher (17.8% for bachelor or higher). Basically, a degree higher than HS.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #136
Trotskilicious
Banned

So what, why are ppl being paid sub poverty levels for 40 a week. Min wage jobs are never "easy." How did seated cubicle drones come to think this?

Old 10-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #137
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

they're being paid sub poverty because they're unmotivated people who don't want to better their lives and the best motivation is to make sure they can't afford to live. It's kinda like how when you're down, the best way to make sure you're gonna get back up is to keep kicking you. Because nobody likes to be kicked. Well except masochists i guess. Which is fitting because that's just what poor people are like Tootles already established.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #138
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

We should end it here because none of this is up for debate. Tootles has spoken. End of.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #139
Trotskilicious
Banned

It is not debatable, its a fact that the poors are lazy, stupid, and didnt apply themselves. I dont need stats, thats stupid. Were trying to have an educated discussion here.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #140
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

you know when that guy sarcastically said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczeroman View Post
Don't worry guys, THIS time, I know we'll solve this one. Quick, call the president and let him know that our debate is about to produce the answer.

Turns out he was right because tootles posted.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #141
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
When I make a statement like "The VAST (don't want to generalize) number of people working minimum wage jobs have minimal education" and you respond "Are there sources for any of those assertions" I find it instantly impossible to carry on any educated debate with you.
The hypocrisy is real

Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #142
Shallowed
Braindead

It's more than fair to ask for sources to back up ones claims, and then to say that that would make it impossible to have an educated debate just puts you on a level even lower than bible bashers. You either don't know what a debate is or you are a troll, I am leaning towards the latter possibility.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #143
Shallowed
Braindead

Guys I think that the earth might actually go around the sun.

CRUCIFY HIM!!

Old 10-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #144
Elphenor
Braindead

Not everyone can work in a cubicle.

Someone has to flip burgers and mop floors or nothing in society works. These people should make enough to live because they work too.

All this shit about them being "unmotivated and uneducated" is completely irrelevant

Old 10-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #145
Trotskilicious
Banned

No they need to be treated like sub humans, if anything we should pay them less

Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #146
hnibos
Braindead

Tootles cell phone selling is a lot more important than making food for salesman that are in a rush.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #147
Trotskilicious
Banned

Its not my fault they werent born white middle class men #guiltyofbeingwhite

Old 10-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #148
Shallowed
Braindead

3. Man uses his money to put thought into action

Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #149
Trotskilicious
Banned

Rand is Genius Says Middle Class White Man

Old 10-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #150
Trotskilicious
Banned

Yes people who dont share your myopic, smug world view are having a circle jerk