Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #5341
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Old 05-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #5342
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
would this type of thing you're talking about be the type of thing that could be perfectly accommodated by a certain song from late Fountains of Wayne frontman Adam Schlesinger?
the one that goes "stacey's dad is always barely clad"?

Old 05-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #5343
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

He's all I wanted and it makes me so sad

Old 05-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #5344
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
the one that goes "stacey's dad is always barely clad"?

give the sex stuff a break, will ya? starting to wonder if their's something srsly wrong with you.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:36 PM   #5345
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm drunk singing my dying bride both growls and clean vocals
I hope my neighbours like it
It sounds very good in my head

Old 05-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #5346
FoolofaTook

Old 06-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #5347
Shallowed
Braindead

FUCK THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

Old 06-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #5348
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I'm drunk singing my dying bride both growls and clean vocals
I hope my neighbours like it
It sounds very good in my head
when drunk I try screaming along with whatever I'm listening to on the bike, but it just hurts my throat mostly

Old 06-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #5349
ovary
Ownz

i am sitting in my car in a rainstorm with my covered-in-dead-fish dog listening to delilah on the radio and netphoria is the only website that will load on my phone

Old 06-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #5350
Shallowed
Braindead

my condolences

Old 06-29-2020, 11:35 AM   #5351
yo soy el mejor

we made pork belly po'boys last night and chilled in the backyard from one in the afternoon until 10pm. wooweeee!

and this morning my stocks are up 9%!

gonna eat pork belly po'boys every day now.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #5352
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
i am sitting in my car in a rainstorm with my covered-in-dead-fish dog listening to delilah on the radio and netphoria is the only website that will load on my phone
Sorry about your dog. Sounds smelly. What happened with the fish?

Old 06-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #5353
ovary
Ownz

she found a dead fish and smothered it all over her body

Old 06-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #5354
yo soy el mejor

crawling in my skin

Old 06-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #5355
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
she found a dead fish and smothered it all over her body
Damn, lucky dog

Unlucky ovary, tho

Old 07-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #5356
Disco King
Minion of Satan

The Friday night boozing/partying/sad sexing thread has been retired due to none of us doing any of that shit anymore, correct? Well, this is kind of a sad sex thing.

Feel even more like shit than usual today because this girl I went out with in the past recently contacted me, telling me she had a couple of dreams about me or something. She wanted to say hello or check on me or whatever.

Found this weird, because this is a person who had invited me out on a date, took me to her place, told me she had been really into me for a long time and was "waiting for this moment" forever or whatever, and then… ghosted me after that.

This is probably just normal shit in the dating world, but I guess with somebody who already has piss-poor self-esteem and not a lot of experience, it kind of just fed into my complexes and confirmed every negative thought I have about my worth.

Well anyway, she asked if she could call me, and I said sure. She called me, we had some small talk, she briefly brought up that past thing and apologized for it, though it's not like that brought me any peace of mind about it's occurrence, seeing as I thought it would be weird to ask her to elaborate or explain herself or tell me why she did it. So, all it really did was remind me that it happened and make me feel like crap.

Then we had more small talk, which made me feel even more like crap, because it's only when somebody asks "what's new?" that you realize that you haven't progressed in life or changed any of the circumstances you've wanted to and are pretty much doing the same thing you were doing the last time you saw them, living with your parents and working at a grocery store.

I was going to go for a run after working on a résumé this evening, but now I feel demotivated to do either thing. Maybe I can work to turn these negative feelings into fuel. This morning's workout session was spite-fueled by going on social media and seeing all my friends hanging out and posting videos to outdoor activities I was never invited to because I'm a boring peripheral member of the group whom nobody would ever remember to call up and invite to anything. But instead of feeling the kind of resentment and bile and venom that I can use as extra supplements in my pre-workout protein shake of hatred, I just feel sad and shitty.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #5357
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

sorry man, that all sounds shitty for sure

i had gone to a couple parties with my work peeps last year i guess and they never thought about me and now that's definitely over too

so i feel that periphery shit

Old 07-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #5358
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, it can be very alienating to watch everyone else enjoy each other's company and wonder why you can't have that.

I could just invite people to shit myself, but it's rarely a good turnout when I do that. People give these non-commital responses because they're thinking they might just do it if something doesn't come up with one of their more interesting friends.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #5359
Disco King
Minion of Satan

On the plus side, I did end up going for that run yesterday. And I'm pretty sure I pushed harder than my recent runs. I don't know the exact pace because instead of tracking my run through GPS like it usually does, my FitBit could only estimate the pace through a calculation of my estimated stride length and my number of steps, which I'm pretty sure isn't very precise. But my heart rate shows I was really going at it.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #5360
Disco King
Minion of Satan

If I just do enough cardio to strengthen my heart, girls won't be able to break it anymore.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #5361
FoolofaTook

Jack O'Connell and model Gala Gordon put on a steamy display as they danced in the hypnotic new video from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

Acclaimed actor Jack, 29, and model/actress Gala, 28, command attention as they first lock eyes in London's cinema-turned nightclub Scala, while singer Noel, 52, gets into character as a business kingpin in the video for single, Blue Moon Rising.

Brunette beauty Gala shows off her sultry move dance moves as a captivated Jack looks on, before clicking his fingers and joining her on the fuchsia-hued dancefloor.

Scroll down for video

Psychedelic: Jack O'Connell and model Gala Gordon put on a steamy display as they danced in the hypnotic new video from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Kingpin: singer Noel, 52, gets into character as a business kingpin in the video for single, Blue Moon Rising
A game of power play then ensues as an increasingly intoxicated looking Jack dances with Gala before she leads him up a staircase.

All the while, a dapper Noel is seen in a crisp black suit as he conducts a business meeting with two burly men in an underground office.

Jack is seen laying on the stairs as Gala dances over him, biting her lip and smiling coquettishly before walking off.

The actor throws water over his face as he stares into Gala's eyes before the pair cut some shapes in a hallway.

Symphony: Brunette beauty Gala shows off her sultry move dance moves as a captivated Jack looks on, before clicking his fingers and joining her on the fuchsia-hued dancefloor
The seductress takes his hand as a villain lurks behind him.

Leading Jack to the office. Gala walks off, revealing she was a honey trap, designed to bring Jack to the attention of Noel and his friends.

A despondent Jack stares behind, realising he is cornered, as Noel smiles. Jack then begins to panic as the men stare at him.

Oasis rocker Noel said of the single, released on March 6: 'How it manages to combine the influences of Metallica, The Jesters Of Malice, Mantovani, Robinson Crusoe as well as Bob Marley and The Wailers is literally beyond me... oh, and it's not about City by the way.'

The video was directed by Dan Cadan and Scully who have also directed previous videos for this recent series of EP releases by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

Sultry: Jack is seen laying on the stairs as Gala dances over him, biting her lip and smiling coquettishly before walking off
This comes as Noel's estranged brother Liam went on an explosive Twitter rant about his new single, referencing 1980s cartoon series 'Willow the Wisp', and writing: 'BORING SNOOZER WILLOW THE WISP (sic)' in response to Blue Moon Rising.

Liam then continued to slam Noel's fans, who responded to his comment. When one wrote, 'Stop hating, your brothers turned you into a rock legend and made you millions (sic),' Liam replied: 'Kiss it snowflake.'

And when asked by a fan if he thought Noel read his tweets, Liam replied: 'Don't care as long his all his snowflakes do.'

The 47-year-old rocker admitted there was no LP in the works for him, but he insisted it would 'p**s all over this' if he was to release it.

Cigars and alcohol: All the while, a dapper Noel is seen in a crisp black suit as he conducts a business meeting with two burly men in an underground office

Wow: A game of power play then ensues as an increasingly intoxicated looking Jack dances with Gala before she leads him up a staircase
And when one fan suggested he was 'jumping about the house playing it right now', he quipped: 'Yeah in my Kylie hot gold pants.'

Despite the continued vitriol towards his brother, Liam bizarrely claimed at an Oasis reunion was still very much on the cards with a fan typing: 'does it mean a reunion is gonna happen?' to which the singer responded 'yeah'.

He also commented on a photo of Noel and himself as children, 'been holding me back all my life.'

Liam previously sent Oasis fans into a frenzy by suggesting the iconic band could reunite in 2022.

Villain: A mysterious man is seen following the couple up the red lit stairs

Trouble brewing: Noel looks handsome as he shoots a brooding stare at his associates
The rocker, 47, hinted that he and Noel could join forces once again and put an end to their decade long feud, while claiming his famous sibling has been 'begging him' to start up Oasis again in two years time.

Liam told his fans on the social media platform that he plans to retire from his solo career after releasing his third album.

In a series of tweets, the Wonderwall hit-maker wrote: 'After album no3 I'm gonna split up with myself I just don't think I'll be able to work with myself any longer I can write what I like and so can he but I think it's for the best.

'I intend to retire as solo artist after album no3 as I have just had a call from my brother begging me to start oasis again in 2022 if you believe in life after love c'mon you know LG x.'

Naturally fans were a little dubious of Liam's tweets, given his history with brother Noel and their longstanding feud that has been running ever since Oasis famously split in 2009 and the duo went their separate ways.

Trapped: Leading Jack to the office Gala walks off, revealing she was a honey trap, designed to bring Jack to the attention of Noel and his friends

There you are: A despondent Jack stares behind, realising he is cornered, as Noel smiles. Jack then begins to panic as the men stare at him

Here he is: This comes as Noel's estranged brother Liam went on an explosive Twitter rant about his new single, referencing 1980s cartoon series 'Willow the Wisp', and writing: 'BORING SNOOZER WILLOW THE WISP (sic)' in response to Blue Moon Rising

Others urged Liam not to give up his solo career, while championing news of Oasis potentially getting back together, as one follower posted: 'I'd like to believe you on Oasis but I don't want you to retire as a solo artist. Your very good on your own.'

It's not the first time Liam has suggested an Oasis reunion is on the cards, as he previously told fans on Twitter that he and Noel were planning to bring back the band, once Noel has taken his year-long break away from music.

Former Oasis frontman Liam told a fan he could see him and Noel reuniting the Wonderwall group for Glastonbury 2021, after his brother takes a year off in 2020 - ruling out an appearance at the Somerset-based festival this year for its 50th anniversary.

Liam tweeted: 'Too soon the little fella has threatened to take a year off which I highly recommend so I reckon he'll give his head a good shake and bingo we'll be on for the following year isn't it.'

I was looking for some action: Despite the continued vitriol towards his brother, Liam bizarrely claimed at an Oasis reunion was still very much on the cards with a fan typing: 'does it mean a reunion is gonna happen?' to which the singer responded 'yeah'

The former Beady Eye star also claimed last year that Noel - who quit Oasis in 2009 after a backstage bust-up with the Live Forever singer at their final concert in Paris - 'wants to meet up' with him and believes it's in the hope of pulling off an Oasis reunion.

'I've heard he wants to meet up wonder what he wants maybe he wants to apologise and beg me to let him start up oasis again thoughts anyone,'

Noel, meanwhile, suggested in December that he would be willing to reconcile with younger brother Liam, following a decade long fallout that has marred the pair's relationship.

The Wandering Star singer said he wants to make up with Liam for the sake of their mother, Peggy Gallagher, in an interview with The Sunday Times.

'Our family has never been close. I don't know one person, one single person, in my life who is living in the perfect family. Not one.'

He then added: 'Reconciliation is a good thing.'

Noel and Liam are often seen taking swipes at each other on Twitter, with Noel's hints at a reconciliation last month coming just days after Liam publicly branded the former Oasis guitarist a 'bully'.

Liam hit out at his estranged sibling after hearing Noel's comments in a recent radio interview on Radio X, where he insisted the brothers' feud was not 'f***ing banter'.

Noel had responded to Liam seemingly saying kind words about his brother during his last appearance on Radio X.

Taking the sentiment with a pinch of salt, Noel accused Liam of verbally abusing his family, and said: 'That doesn't mean s**t to me. Because he's on Twitter probably right now saying the exact opposite so it doesn't mean anything.

'It's like no, no, no, you don't get to f*g to do both. Either be a c and own it or don't be a c. When I eventually see him, he'll realise it's not f*g banter.'

Liam responded by hitting out at Noel on Twitter and penned: 'Noel Kevin Keegan Gallagher is the funniest thing I've seen or heard in over a decade the gift that keeps on giving.

'I'm scared I'm seriously upping my security so many people out there wanting to cause me harm HELP ME. There all BIG BULLYS.'

Prior to Liam's recent claims Noel has been 'begging him' for an Oasis reunion, Noel had suggested that 'every tweet' Liam posts about him is 'another nail in the coffin' for Oasis getting back together.

Speaking with The Big Issue, Noel claimed his younger sibling is a 'moron' for thinking he'll forgive him for repeatedly insulting him and his family.

Noel said: 'It's strange behaviour for someone who is gagging for me to pick up the phone and say let's do it. He'd put his whole life on hold to get Oasis back together. But every tweet he sends out it's another nail in the coffin of that idea.

We believe in one another: Blue Moon Rising comes as Noel's estranged brother Liam sent Oasis fans into a frenzy by suggesting the iconic band could reunite in 2022 (pictured together in 2005)

Old 07-29-2020, 11:02 PM   #5362
Disco King
Minion of Satan

What a coincidence:

Old 07-30-2020, 03:22 AM   #5363
Elphenor
Braindead

I may be getting a place with my current gf because Austin is expensive

Old 07-30-2020, 05:00 AM   #5364
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Cool, cool

Old 07-30-2020, 06:16 AM   #5365
buzzard
Minion of Satan

How long has it been?

Clearly the first line of attack.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:31 AM   #5366
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I think we're on Day 21 of (500) Days of Summer

Old 07-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #5367
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
and it sucks now. keep austin full of people from dallas and other suburbs.

SO WEIRD

Old 07-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #5368
yo soy el mejor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
What a coincidence:
duh-doi

Old 07-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #5369
yo soy el mejor

although it doesn't have to be running

Old 07-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #5370
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I wouldn't want to live with a partner unless we've been together for quite a long time.

In fact, it's best if she doesn't know where I live or work until at least two years in.