Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #1741
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I wonder if Iha will even be rocking out, or if he'll just sorta be there alongside Jeff, looking all bored and shit.
he will just be constantly reminding himself "need money...prepare for the future... family. .bills..money..." otherwise he won't be able to suffer through night after night of corgan being corgan

Old 04-10-2018, 11:42 PM   #1742
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I wonder if Iha will even be rocking out, or if he'll just sorta be there alongside Jeff, looking all bored and shit.
He will suffer, like at the Machina tour and on the last day he will be saying, how he missed D'arcy, not saying goodbye to Corgan again. This whiney little bitch's bitch...

Old 04-11-2018, 02:41 AM   #1743
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
How many of you guys are really excited at the prospects of a greatest hits set that doesn't change? Does the addition of Iha really make that big of a difference for you?

I'm sorta on the fence. I think the supporting acts will really be what seals the deal for me.

I for one found the Zeitgeist tour to be more exciting. General admission flooring, changing set lists, tons of oddities being thrown in each set. Makes it more interesting, as I'm guessing most of us will check out the set-list after the first show.
Meh, the singles played exactly how they are on the album doesn't interest me too much, I like the long jams and things being mixed up. It also annoys me when Corgan tries to second-guess what the audience wants for maximum popularity as it always without fail reflects badly on the music. On reflection, the '07 shows were great - long setlists, mixed up, medium sized venues (shame about the silly clothes of course). The Shepherds Bush Empire show was one of the best SP shows I've caught from around 12.

What I don't get is that surely James would have been making a decent amount from APC touring - why bother doing this unless he really wanted to?

Old 04-11-2018, 03:12 AM   #1744
Ram27
dumb

Having a standard set locked down is super lame. I hope he was just bullshitting in those texts. Even during the MCIS tour they'd sometimes throw in Here is No Why or Muzzle

Old 04-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #1745
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Meh, the singles played exactly how they are on the album doesn't interest me too much, I like the long jams and things being mixed up. It also annoys me when Corgan tries to second-guess what the audience wants for maximum popularity as it always without fail reflects badly on the music. On reflection, the '07 shows were great - long setlists, mixed up, medium sized venues (shame about the silly clothes of course). The Shepherds Bush Empire show was one of the best SP shows I've caught from around 12.

What I don't get is that surely James would have been making a decent amount from APC touring - why bother doing this unless he really wanted to?
I'm sure the money he's getting for this tour is dwarfing whatever he gets in APC. He's obviously the big selling point for this tour, whereas in APC he's sort of more of a hired-hand, even if he is shown in the promo pics and what not.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #1746
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Having a standard set locked down is super lame. I hope he was just bullshitting in those texts. Even during the MCIS tour they'd sometimes throw in Here is No Why or Muzzle
Nah man, in big Live Nation productions, the set lists are always the same. The GnR set never changed aside from a song or 2 near the end of the set... Same with U2 and Metallica.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #1747
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

I ask myself what will be then so unique in the stage show under these circumstances, as Billy Corgan has promised.
The artwork of the tour posters and the tour merchandise offers already just look terrible...

Old 04-12-2018, 02:54 AM   #1748
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

True that - Artwork looks like nazishit - colours are horrible

and so will be the music - overproduced billy choirs in FOL style. Urggghhh

Old 04-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #1749
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
$40.00

http://img.cdn2.wmgecom.com/media/ca...s-04_store.jpg

Old 04-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #1750
myosis
Minion of Satan

i might have bought it in 96 when i was 14
the tonight one

Old 04-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #1751
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

As I already said:
They had a European store too, that appeared if you were from that region instead of the U.S. store. Showing the prices in € instead of $. Also showing not the posters and the Warner Music stuff. Disappeared after only a few days. Guess, no one in Europe was so stupid to buy that shit...

Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #1752
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
As I already said:
They had a European store too, that appeared if you were from that region instead of the U.S. store. Showing the prices in € instead of $. Also showing not the posters and the Warner Music stuff. Disappeared after only a few days. Guess, no one in Europe was so stupid to buy that shit...
I have the Currency converter at the top of the page now, which I can pick €, $ or £:

http://eurostore.smashingpumpkins.com/eu

Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #1753
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
if that logic was true, the two most expensive guitars on BC's reverb sale would have sold in minutes. there's great demand for ferraris too, but you don't see those flying off the car lot. speed has nothing to do with demand.
Are you really trying to equate super cars to concert tickets?

Old 04-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #1754
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I have the Currency converter at the top of the page now, which I can pick €, $ or £:
http://eurostore.smashingpumpkins.com/eu
It's working again? I'm wondering why there is no music link on the European site.
Is their new record contract with Warner only for the United States?

Old 04-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #1755
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I ask myself what will be then so unique in the stage show under these circumstances, as Billy Corgan has promised.
The artwork of the tour posters and the tour merchandise offers already just look terrible...
Well, I think it's promising that they have a real deal production company backing em, as opposed to probably talking a discount route. I assume there will be lots of bells and whistles, and it'll probably be pretty rad to see. A lot depends on the strength of the vocals though, but I think they'll have it figured out. I don't know what they did with Axl Rose, but he sure sounded a fuck of a lot better than he did on his previous tours.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #1756
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
It's working again? I'm wondering why there is no music link on the European site.
It's probably a distribution issue not a record company issue.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #1757
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yep, but the t-shirts are all out of stock...

Old 04-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #1758
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Yep, but the t-shirts are all out of stock...
If I visit the Smashing Pumpkins website and click on the store link I'm still again directed to the American store, not the European.
So, though they didn't erase the European site, it seems to be out of function. That's why all items are out of stock if you choose them.

At the American store the shirts are available.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #1759
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
If I visit the Smashing Pumpkins website and click on the store link I'm still again directed to the American store, not the European.
So, though they didn't erase the European site, it seems to be out of function. That's why all items are out of stock if you choose them.

At the American store the shirts are available.
They are all out of stock but the "football" ones, they are children's tho.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #1760
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

I just can’t imagine Iha betraying D’Arcy for money. He has to have a reason for this. Worried about her health maybe?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:09 PM   #1761
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
They are all out of stock but the "football" ones, they are children's tho.
"* Pre-order - released on: 20/04/2018"

Let's see in a week later...

Old 04-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #1762
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I just can’t imagine Iha betraying D’Arcy for money. He has to have a reason for this. Worried about her health maybe?
But if he was, why not tell her he's worried about her health? Why cut off communication with his friend of 30 years?

Old 04-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #1763
fuzzyroes
Banned

I figure for Iha that this tour is just a simple cash-grab. Make it as painless as possible, go through the motions, cash in on the 90's nostalgia and reunion trend and then peace out. If the tour is a huge success and propels SP back to stardom then I bet they could financially make it work for him... But he doesn't seem to be making any expectations.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #1764
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

Wow, Jack Bates has put now even his Twitter account to "private".
Has he been molested by D'arcy fans?

https://twitter.com/Jack_Bass_

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...jb_400x400.jpg

His Instagram was already longer on private modus:

https://www.instagram.com/jackbass89/

[IMG]https://scontent-frt3-2.cdninstagram...24253649_a.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2018, 09:20 PM   #1765
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Jack follows me oddly enough. Seems like a nice guy, if it wasn't him in the spot it would be someone else not named D'arcy.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:33 AM   #1766
fuzzyroes
Banned

Am I the only one here who'd rather go see this for 10 dollars than pay 100-500 dollars to sit in some massive sports arena to see Billy play some oldies while James partners up with Jeff Schroeder and Jimmy with Jack Bates?

Fuck legacy act cash-grabs.

I've made up my mind boys... I'm not gonna go to a show on this tour. Too much money for not a big enough draw... Get D'arcy to play the bass and I'm there with bells on... But Iha added to the Manson lineup for astronomical ticket prices? No way in hell I'd pay those prices.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #1767
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 04-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #1768
slayed23
Ownz

Unless you live in Glendale, Arizona with no transportation, you are going to at the very least get an opportunity to see how the tour looks before truly deciding if you want to go. No point to decide now.

Also, I get that people don't want to shell out 100 plus bucks a ticket. It's not cheap. That said, arena shows are never cheap. Most shows I have looked up ticket prices that were in these huge venues have steep prices. SP is probably an average ticket price for such a venue.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #1769
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Unless you live in Glendale, Arizona with no transportation, you are going to at the very least get an opportunity to see how the tour looks before truly deciding if you want to go. No point to decide now.

Also, I get that people don't want to shell out 100 plus bucks a ticket. It's not cheap. That said, arena shows are never cheap. Most shows I have looked up ticket prices that were in these huge venues have steep prices. SP is probably an average ticket price for such a venue.
average band

Old 04-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #1770
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:

This isn't even good. Iron Maiden were always shit.