Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Olivier
Apocalyptic Poster

Default First Look At New Bin Laden Video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20640658/?GT1=10357

VIDEO HERE:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=83...tors&GT1=10357

WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden criticizes Democrats for failing to stop the Iraq conflict in a video, obtained Friday by the U.S. government, NBC News and other news organizations, marking the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

The al-Qaida leader says major corporations are to blame for the continuation of the conflict that the "vast majority" of Americans want stopped.

“You elected the Democratic Party for this purpose," he says according to a translated transcript of the tape. “On the contrary, they continue to agree to spending of tens of billions to continue the killings and the war there.”

The video contains no specific threat. Bin Laden is shown wearing a white robe, a white circular cap and a beige cloak as he reads the address to the American people.

Bin Laden urges the U.S to embrace Islam if they want the war in Iraq to end.

"There are two solutions to stopping it. One is from our side, and it is to escalate the fighting and killing against you. This is our duty, and our brothers are carrying it out," bin Laden says, according to the transcript.

"The second solution is from your side," he says. "I invite you to embrace Islam."

Tape presumed to be authentic
Although the CIA has not completed a full analysis, intelligence officials told NBC News that they "presume the tape is authentic, and this is bin Laden."

The 30-minute video gives a rare look at the al-Qaida leader, who has likely avoided appearing in videos as a security measure. His emergence now underlines the U.S. failure to catch him after six years and comes at a time when terrorism experts believe al-Qaida is regrouping in the lawless Pakistan-Afghanistan border region.

The al-Qaida leader has not appeared in new video footage since October 2004, and he has not put out a new audiotape in more than a year.

Bin Laden starts his speech with praise to God, adding, "and from His law is retaliation in kind: An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and the killer is killed."

He goes on to deride President Bush, saying Washington was backing Shiites against Sunnis in Iraq but that events in Iraq had gotten "out of control," and Bush had become "like the one who plows and sows the sea: he harvests nothing but failure."

Bin Laden says the prestige of the mujahideen — or holy warriors — has "grown globally" while America has been "bled dry economically."

Bin Laden also recommends reading books by American authors Noam Chomsky and Michael Scheuer, a former CIA analyst. Chomsky's book cites various examples of American imperialism, while Scheuer's book argues that the U.S. does not understand the Islamic predicament.

'Bizarre — as usual'
One U.S. official described the video to NBC News as "bizarre — as usual."

Officials told NBC News that they believe the tape was made sometime in June or later because of the specific references to the new French President Nikolas Zarkozy, inaugurated in May, and the new British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, installed in June.

The Department of Homeland Security said Thursday it had no credible information warning of an imminent threat to the United States, and analysts noted that al-Qaida tends to mark the Sept. 11 anniversary with a slew of messages.

“Historically the anniversary of 9/11 has never been drawn to attacks. It’s drawn to video releases,” said Ben Venzke, chief executive officer of IntelCenter, which monitors Islamic Web sites and analyzes terror threats.

Web sites shut down
The United States intercepted the video before it was released on Islamic Web sites where al-Qaida usually posts its messages, a U.S. counterterrorism official said, without elaborating on how. U.S. officials analyzed the video for hours before transcripts and videos were leaked, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

Soon after Washington announced it had the video, all the Islamic militant Web sites that usually carry statements from al-Qaida went down and were inaccessible, in an unprecedented shutdown.

The reason for the shutdown was not immediately known. Evan Kohlmann, an NBC News terrorism expert, said he suspected it was the work of al-Qaida itself, trying to find how the video leaked to U.S. officials.

"For them this is totally disruptive that the U.S. government could have a copy before their targeted audience does," he said. "They could be concerned and trying to plug the leak quickly."

Kohlmann said it was unlikely the U.S. government shut down the sites.

"I don't think they would have the legal or technical capability to do so, to collectively shut all these sites at the same time. Also, I don't think the U.S. government is necessarily interested in shutting these sites down, unless there is something so provocative and dangerous in what bin Laden is saying."

"It's pretty remote that the content of his speech is so incendiary that they would shut down all the sites. The idea that they (U.S. government) could totally prevent this from coming out on the Internet is ludicrous," he said.

Bin Laden sports apparently dyed beard
The release of the video may have been driven by reports that bin Laden is dead, NBC News' Robert Windrem said. U.S. intelligence officials have been quoted, as they were before the 2004 tape, as saying there are equal bodies of evidence that bin Laden was alive or dead.

Al-Qaida’s media arm, Al-Sahab, announced bin Laden’s new message in a banner advertisement on an Islamic militant Web site that *******d a photo of him.

“Soon, God willing, a videotape from the lion sheik Osama bin Laden, God preserve him,” the advertisement read, signed by Al-Sahab. Such announcements are usually put out one to three days before the video is posted on the Web.

One difference in bin Laden's appearance was immediately obvious. The video showed bin Laden's beard fully black. In his past videos, bin Laden’s beard was almost entirely gray with dark streaks.

Bin Laden’s beard appears to have been dyed, a popular practice among Arab leaders, said Rita Katz, director of the SITE Institute, a Washington-based group that monitors terror messages.

“I think it works for their (al-Qaida’s) benefit that he looks young, he looks healthy,” Katz said.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Olivier
Apocalyptic Poster

I want to know how the US got it.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

God damn it's a shame, even Osama has stopped supporting the Democrats. I like his promo for Islam, stating that Islamist regimes do not tax their people; let the mass conversion begin.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
GlasgowKiss
Quaid Hates You

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero
stating that Islamist regimes do not tax their people; let the mass conversion begin.
Muhammadzeroman to thread.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
ratking17
Ownz

I actually look forward to Osama updates. It gives Fox News legitimacy for devoting its entire existence to terrorism stories.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

I wonder if this'll make anyone convert to Islam out of fear? I mean it's got to persuade a few people out there.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #7
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

That guy pumps gas for me down the street.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #8
Andrew_Pakula
Fine! I'll go make my own
web site. With Blackjack,
and Hookers... Actually,
forget the web site.

I find it kind of hard to believe that they don't have technical capability to shut down the sites but they do have the ability to the intercept video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #9
Olivier
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Pakula
I find it kind of hard to believe that they don't have technical capability to shut down the sites but they do have the ability to the intercept video.
they obviously do have the technologies to do it, but it would be illegal. you can't close down someone's website, freedom of speech, or something like that.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #10
redbull
Immortal

more like they cant close one down located in another country. i dont get why they don't just ddos it.

i guess he isnt dead then, though.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #11
TicalFSU
When I travel to the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
more like they cant close one down located in another country. i dont get why they don't just ddos it.
What would be the point? It would eventually get out. We believe in freedom of speech for a reason.

Though the more important question is why cant they track its origin? The sites are apparently well known to regularly release them...who have owners...who can be put under surveillance, amongst other things (GITMO)...not that I support that but wouldn't we do this and defend it? "Everything change after.." "..aiding terrorist.." and all that jazz?

Old 09-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #12
Debaser
ghost

It's getting absurd how ranging his topics are. He talks about the democrats gaining power, global warming and, after I checked the transcript, he gave Superbad 3 and a half stars out of 4.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #13
M.Night
Ownz

that tape is fake....do you think bin laden painted his beard black??? in a fucking
cave? that isnt bin laden

Old 09-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #14
ryan patrick
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier
I want to know how the US got it.
workprint leaked on torrent sites

Old 09-08-2007, 03:56 AM   #15
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Bin Laden is a fabrication of the United States. He is an icon, much in the way Father is in the movie Equilibrium, created out of bits and pieces of the image most Americans have in their minds of the anti-American Muslim militant, which has been on the minds of the general American public in some way ever since the Iranian Hostage Crisis of 1979. This ruse was created in order to scare the American public into allowing their government to increase their power so they can do whatever they want, namely give America a reason to increase their military presence in the Middle East, subsequently guaranteeing the flow of cheap oil to the United States for the next few generations.

There is no Osama Bin Laden or Al-Queda. Global Islamic terrorism, 9/11...all of it is little more than a complex conspiracy that was created with the goal of lining the pockets of America's oil elite with gold. And Americans are mindless sheep for accepting this ridiculous farce.

Fuck democracy. The real power lies in the hands of the heads of companies like Standard Oil and Exxon Mobile. They dictate foreign policy. They decide who is nominated for office because they contribute large sums of money to those candidates who are friendly to their cause. They want the war on fake terrorism to continue. And they don't care how much it costs, in monetary or mortality, as long as they can keep sipping Dom Perignon in one of their private yachts.

You really want change in our government? Build a goddamn electric car that works.

Last edited by Tchocky : 09-08-2007 at 04:04 AM.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:02 AM   #16
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

You're just fucking stupid, go kill yourself.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:05 AM   #17
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan
You're just fucking stupid, go kill yourself.
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, I see.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #18
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

9/11 never happened? Go tell that to the families of the victims and the surviving firemen you fucking asshole. It's people like you that make modern society suck, shit happens in the world, it's not perfect, it's not one giant conspiracy.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:34 AM   #19
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

9/11 happened, but not because of a horde of towel-headed, AK-47 toting Allah-worshippers who hate America. It happened because Big Oil values record-setting profits more than the lives of the people who live in this country.

Do you think Big Oil wants gas price to keep going up? No, they don't. People are more likely to find alternative ways to heat their homes and fuel their cars when foreign interests like OPEC are charging the U.S. $100 a barrel for gas. So Big Oil comes up with an ingenious solution: Use their connections and influence in government to dictate foreign policy. The Middle East hates us but is swimming on an ocean of black gold. So how do you solve that problem? The answer: create a scenario that would give the U.S. a reason to force their socioeconomic ideals on the Middle East. Thus was the genesis of the ruse that is Osama Bin Laden and Al-Queda. 9/11 was little more than a Hollywood production in which the special effects were real and the people weren't stunt doubles. The end result? The U.S. government invades the Middle East under the pretext that their actions are "protecting the free world." America is at least in part placated because they need something to blame for the tragedy, and Big Oil can pursue their agenda with relative ease.

Think about it. The U.S. has the most extensive espionage technology in the world, and a few mountains in Afghanistan stopped them from finding "Bin Laden"? Give me a break. I can log onto Yahoo and get a satellite image of my house for fuck's sake!

As I hinted earlier, if you want to change U.S. foreign policy, find and develop a cheap, plentiful, workable alternative fuel source. Then what Big Oil wants won't matter anymore. Then we have no reason to invade deserts and send thousands of my generation to die for no reason. Then the rest of the world doesn't hate us. Then we truly will be safe and free.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #20
Starla

Quote:
Bin Laden urges the U.S to embrace Islam if they want the war in Iraq to end.
God-willing!!!!!!! Get on your knees bitches!!

Old 09-08-2007, 05:06 AM   #21
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier

“I think it works for their (al-Qaida’s) benefit that he looks young, he looks healthy,” Katz said.
And that Karl Rove continue on as their script writer.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #22
Cup O Mercury
Ownz

Bin Laden the enemy of the American people sounds like a supporter of the Democrats. He is trying to get sympathy from Liberals I believe.
By criticizing global capitalism, calling Bush the real terrorist, spiting multinational corporations and globalization that is so playing to the Liberals.
He even touches on global warming as being the fault of the United States.
Like a Democrat he says the war in Iraq has gotten out of control.
Harry Reid would say something like Bush “is like the one who plows and sows the sea, he harvests nothing but failure.”

This is prof enough that the Democrats are on the side of Al Qaeda because Bin Laden hates Bush too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01125109_Par_40113_ImageFile.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	32032  

Last edited by Cup O Mercury : 09-09-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #23
smurfing
Apocalyptic Poster

i think george bush senior is pulling all the strings. think about it

Old 09-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #24
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Cup, in this video he mentions that the Democrats are no better than the Republicans seeing that even with control of the Congress, they haven't done anything to get US forces out of Iraq. God, this guy is sounding more like a politician and less like a rebel everytime one of these statements comes out, I wonder if some extremists view this guy as a pussy now. The guy talks about everything from Islam to the mortgage-lending crisis here, I'm surprised he didn't throw in his two cents about healthcare and Social Security.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #25
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup O Mercury
Bin Laden the enemy of the American people sounds like a supporter of the Democrats.
Of course this is the line the neo-cons mean to take. These videos are hilarious and ridiculous. I cannot believe that anyone would buy into it.

If they can find Saddam, they can find this "Osama" person.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #26
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero
Cup, in this video he mentions that the Democrats are no better than the Republicans seeing that even with control of the Congress, they haven't done anything to get US forces out of Iraq. God, this guy is sounding more like a politician and less like a rebel everytime one of these statements comes out, I wonder if some extremists view this guy as a pussy now. The guy talks about everything from Islam to the mortgage-lending crisis here, I'm surprised he didn't throw in his two cents about healthcare and Social Security.
Its obvious the guy gets a lot of his news from the same media we do. He seems to regurgitate a lot of (mostly) left wing talking points culled from various western sources. I recall an earlier tape where it seemed like Bin Laden was cribbing his material directly from Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. Its kinda unfortunate. Even liberals don't deserve to have their genuinely held views co-opted by this asshole for cynical and transparent propaganda.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #27
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Starla
If they can find Saddam, they can find this "Osama" person.
What's with the scare quotes there?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #28
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

The worst thing the U.S. government could do is kill this guy. Bin Laden's gone batshit crazy now and there's really no reason to make him a martyr. It'd do more harm than good.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #29
commando
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser
It's getting absurd how ranging his topics are. He talks about the democrats gaining power, global warming and, after I checked the transcript, he gave Superbad 3 and a half stars out of 4.

*best of thread*

Old 09-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #30
Kanan Road
Apocalyptic Poster

they dont have just for men in pakistan.