Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #2821
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Oh sorry, I was responding to DK. He hung out with a woman for awhile who (IIRC) pretended to be his friend, ghosted him, and then later used his images in her instagram art.
What a bitch.

Last edited by Shallowed : 09-09-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #2822
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
Does anyone know where sailors are?
On my ding dong

and shot down dead on the floor

Old 09-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #2823
Elphenor
Braindead

but have you got the time time

Old 09-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #2824
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Whatever happened to the woman who used you in her art?

Based on what you wrote here, she honestly sounds like total trash. But I'm curious if anything further ever happened.
Eh, it looks like she's an alternative model and practicing to do tattoo art now. Looks like we've got some mutual acqaintances in the art community, and she seems popular and well-liked, though I haven't seen her since.

I actually went to an art gala, and some of her pieces were there, though she wasn't. Prints of her work were more expensive, because, in the words of one of the organizers, "she's kind of a big deal."

So, pretty much, she's living her best life. I wish I could say, "well, she was a shitty person anyway, I don't care," but she's objectively better than I am.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:30 PM   #2825
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I don't wish ill on anyone or wish she weren't doing so well, but I wish I could have just accomplished slightly more than she has to fulfill that "the best revenge is living well" bullshit. Nope, clearly that person who ghosted me and stood me up did so because she's in a position to do that shit to peons like me and not give it a second thought. My drawing are shit, and I am not handsome enough to be a model.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #2826
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I am a petty, resentful, competitive, and small man.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #2827
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Does anyone know where sailors are?
Welcome back!

Old 09-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #2828
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Yeah basically

I'm embarrassed as fuck by the comments about writing a heartbreaking song, but in my defence, I was hungover and sleep deprived for pretty much that whole week and was a bit shocked and hysterical that i destroyed this amazing chemistry.
Don't worry, I've made cringier comments. One being about how the person ignoring me and I wouldn't have gotten along anyway, because I'd do better with a goth gf who'd call me up at night and tell me sp👀ky stories.

Quote:
The date was definitely out of pity. I'm bummed that I fucked everything the fuck up with one single word, but now I'm also bummed that we parted ways like this. This is even after when we were commiserating over our weird dating mishaps, and I was venting about the Rapunzel bitch who ghosted me for no reason, didn't even give me the dignity of a "thanks but I'm not interested", and was rude as fuck the next time we saw each other at a dinner meetup with friends. She even said that she doesn't like calling women bitches, but that Rapunzel was a total bitch. And then the next thing she does is ghost me herself. I'm pretty sure she knows that it's likely that we may run into each other again at local gigs, especially if we see the same bands that we saw that night.
People will pretend that they would never do the exact same sort of shit they end up doing. One girl I went out with ghosted shortly after. We came back into contact after I ran into her and also tagged in in some photos I took. She told me that she just got really busy and stopped interacting with everyone, and asked me not to think that she didn't want to see me again.

I thought this was sincere, because she offered this information up of her own accord; I never pressed her on why we fell out of contact. I didn't actually care all that much.

During the time that we run into each other, she's complaining about how this dude asked her to hang out, but totally dicked her around and ended up not showing up. I was like, "yeah, it sucks, people seem to do this shit in the age of internet dating; there's no feeling of accountability anymore." She agreed.

I asked her out again, and she ghosted again. I was never super invested in her in the first place (she wasn't super bright, I just thought she might be fun), so I wasn't torn up about it, but still, people can be so damn disingenuous.

Quote:
I didn't expect a date at all. When we spoke on the phone, I was waaaaay past resigned to the fact that nothing was going to come of all this. All I wanted to do was apologise for what I said and how I made her feel, let us both explain our respective positions, and try and get the right end of each other's stick, and then not contact each other again. After about an hour of deliberating over the same shit that we'd already texted about for a couple of days, she said "I'm still not sure if I want to meet up with you", and I was like, "What? you mean you're actually considering?" and she was like, "well..... I don't know......." and I was like, "Do you want to meet up, or not?" and she said "well, I'm in [suburb]" and I said I was ten minutes away from there, and she started talking about good places to go eat and drink, so I was pretty blown away that she even considered at all.

The date was somewhat awkward and weird. She was pretty guarded. She did show me her less-than-average poetry though. When it came to parting ways for the night, she said she didn't want me to come home with her because her room was messy and she really didn't like having people over if her room was messy. I was like, I don't care, my room is probably messier than yours. She was adamant that no one could come over. It was obvious that she just wanted to let me down somewhat gently without explicitly saying that she was uncomfortable with having me over.

I'm mostly over it, right now I'm still not over being so fucking stupid and throwing away the best and easiest hand that was ever dealt to me, and am still kicking the shit out of myself for it.
Yeah, it does suck when somebody pretty much falls into your lap, and you screw it up. Although in my case, it's usually because I'm too reserved and scared to make a move than because I'm too forward. And even if I myself hate those gendered norms of the man being expected to initiate all the escalation in intimacy, I can't do anything about the fact that the rest of the world operates on this assumption and is so steeped in it that even people who share my social beliefs will feel a lack of chemistry if the guy isn't performing his "role."

People often look to the reactions of others to see how they should feel about a situation. I think that by over-apologizing, even though your intent was to show that you sincerely care about her boundaries, it ended up just confirming that what you said is a big deal that should be a dealbreaker. If you just sort of laughed it off with a short apology and continued on, asking her to coffee, she probably would have cooled it. Especially with the whole "being treated like shit" thing. She even stated that she would be down to get physically intimate, so it's not like she was against that. If you just were like, "haha, yeah, we'll do coffee first," I think you actually could have turned that initial reaction around back in your favour. Sometimes, you just have to keep your cool and not react too emotionally to things. The other person will look to your behaviour and go, "if he doesn't think it's a big deal, neither do I."

But, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts… hindsight is 20/20 and all. Forget about this girl you danced with once, and keep on playing that field, taking some lessons from this into the future. You'll meet girls who'll make you forget about this one.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #2829
Elphenor
Braindead

you don't necessarily want a goth gf or at least check into their siblings health first

Old 09-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #2830
Disco King
Minion of Satan

They draw their powers by sucking the life-forces of the rest of their parent's progeny until only they remain.

If you give birth to a goth girl, you must cast her away to protect your homestead.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #2831
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I need to stick to my own advice about not getting too invested in people.

Met this cute girl on the bus a while ago. Had blue/purple ombre hair that matched the palette of her sick outfit. We texted for a little, but then she didn't respond when I actually asked her to meet me.

I forgot about her, then I saw her at the Smashing Pumpkins concert and texted her, asking if she was there. She said yeah, and apparently they are also her favourite band. She even had a dog named D'arcy.

At the concert, she was wearing these yellow plaid pants.

She just seems so cool, I don't even care if she doesn't want to date me, I would also just want to know her and be her friend. I mean, she has awesome style and has the same favourite band. How can we not hang out?

Old 09-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #2832
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also at the concert, there was this group of girls dancing on the floor space behind the floor seats. I go up to them, tell them that I really like their energy, and say they also must be big fans. They say they don't know the band, and were only there because somebody they worked with gave them free tickets. I tell them that I love that they are enjoying themselves so much despite not knowing the band, and start dancing with them.

With one girl, I start twirling her around, picking her up, dancing really close. I tell them "we have to dance to this song!" when they're playing "1979," and the next song afte that is "Ava Adore," along to which I'm singing the "we must never be apart" line while looking into her eyes.

At the end of the show, I ask her if she'd like to meet up again, and she says "I'm actually married! But I really liked dancing with you!"

I tell her it was nice meeting her, and to tell her to tell her husband to take her dancing next weekend. It was fun, even if it didn't lead to us getting to know each other.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #2833
Elphenor
Braindead

lol

Old 09-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #2834
Elphenor
Braindead

you are pretty good at blindly talking to strangers I think?

I could go to a hundred concerts by myself and never end up with an experience like that

the last SP show I went to though a drunk girl poked me right in the ZERO logo

Old 09-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #2835
Elphenor
Braindead

anyone have any experience with deep web drug purchases

Old 09-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #2836
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Having social anxiety, the tension is still there a little each time, and it will probably never go away. I guess I've just made a conscious effort to turn this into a habit.

Man, I love that acknowledgement every SP concert-goer with a Zero shirt gives each other. Especially because they don't make them anymore. There were a few nice folks at the concert with whom I got into conversations, some of them approaching me, some of them the other way around.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #2837
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
anyone have any experience with deep web drug purchases
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Follow me.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #2838
Graveflower
Pledge

I don't know how anyone kept doing that after the silk road bust
Like it's obviously never safe after that
You're either going to get selectively scammed or arrested

Old 09-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #2839
Graveflower
Pledge

I don't even know the names of any of the ones still around

Alphabay or alpaca or whatever the ones that spring up after silk road were gone in months

Old 09-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #2840
Graveflower
Pledge

I can tell you where to buy estrogen and spiro on the clearnet though

Old 09-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #2841
Elphenor
Braindead

it seems like tossing money into a wishing well while hoping for a strange package containing a hollowed out shoe to arrive one day

Old 09-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #2842
Elphenor
Braindead

I don't know what the clearnet is

is it just the internet

am I asking a stupid question

Old 09-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #2843
Graveflower
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I don't know what the clearnet is

is it just the internet

am I asking a stupid question
yes

Clearnet is the opposite of the dark web, indexed on search engines and accessible without Tor

Old 09-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #2844
Graveflower
Pledge

Thumbs down

Silk Road worked amazingly because it was up for so long that the ebay rating system made it so you could trust what you were getting
The other sites and I'm sure there's still new ones springing up were mostly just opportunistic scamming I think I mean it worked for some people but no seller was around long enough for there to be the trust on SR
Rip DPR

Old 09-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #2845
Elphenor
Braindead

tragic

I guess back to the greyhound station to sit around until someone offers to sell me something

Old 09-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #2846
Graveflower
Pledge

I mean I can tell you where to buy benzos safely on the clearnet
Except I won't touch them anymore because now I think fentanyl is in everything rip Mac Miller

Old 09-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #2847
Elphenor
Braindead

Prime Minister away

Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #2848
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don't know how anyone kept doing that after the silk road bust
Like it's obviously never safe after that
You're either going to get selectively scammed or arrested
Meh, I've gotten some DarkNet shit from sites after Silk Road closed. Went fine.

Some sites did pull exit scams, but not all of them.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #2849
Elphenor
Braindead

I'll have to do more research I guess

Old 09-10-2018, 08:00 PM   #2850
Disco King
Minion of Satan

All you really need is TOR, Bitcoin, and a DarkNet market.

One market I used was DreamMarket. I haven't ordered anything for a while, so I don't know what the most recent trustworthy ones are. There are websites and a Subreddit devoted to keeping up with this, and they will have the URLs (they are alphanumeric strings, rather than just the names of the websites).

I've found the most hassle-free way to get Bitcoin before they opened a BitCoin ATM near me was VirWox. PayPal doesn't let you purchase BitCoin directly, but with this site, you can use PayPal to buy Second Life currency, and then trade that for BTC.

So, you have the URL, you have the Bitcoin, and you've downloaded TOR. Browse around until you see something you like, compare prices, and buy what you want. Just like eBay.

It's simpler and safer than a street deal.