Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #1711
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i never alluded to you or "tried to start a fight". i'm not getting away with anything here.

life is so unfair, huh. you spend months harassing someone and now you have to stop.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:27 AM   #1712
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

the phone number was already posted.

it was stupid of me to let it get posted again, and post it again myself in my screenshot.

all has been deleted now, and we apologized to the person.

it was not meant maliciously and i thought i might actually make some random person laugh

can we move on guys?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:29 AM   #1713
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Please. She's still trying to pick a fight with me

Old 05-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #1714
Cool As Ice Cream

obvs

Old 05-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #1715
yo soy el mejor

i showed up at 6:45 to the amtrak station this morning and it turned out today is may 31st (not june 1st when i actually leave)

Old 05-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #1716
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
obvs

Old 05-31-2017, 11:35 AM   #1717
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i showed up at 6:45 to the amtrak station this morning and it turned out today is may 31st (not june 1st when i actually leave)
that sucks

where are you going again?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #1718
yo soy el mejor

some place called normal, il for a leadership summit with student government. tim and i arrived via amtrak from colorado just yesterday and i guess sitting on the train for 18 hours kinda messed with the dates in my head.

i leave june 1st and come back june 2nd.

i've decided to NOT accompany tim to LA for a wedding on june 22nd because i don't want to miss school and i will have a new job. and my parents leave here the 19th. it's too much for me, man. plus i can take care of the cats.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:51 AM   #1719
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Can we get ****** banned instead of bonnie, because on top of everything else, bonnie is usually hilarious and ****** can be a bit boring. I think she only cracks 5 jokes a year and only two are actually funny

Old 05-31-2017, 11:58 AM   #1720
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Dang I missed some shit.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:00 PM   #1721
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I spent $50 on something I didn't want, in a local shop. I'm not used to people coming out of shops and calling out. It makes me uncomfortable so I tend to stop because I don't want to be rude. This guy had a clothes shop selling overpriced average clothing and found my younger son an ugly swim top that didn't fit. He only had one front tooth in his upper jaw and I felt sorry for him, so as my son was changing, I said how much? And he was like $49.95. So I just paid it and we left, and I cried. He also said my older son is very pretty and now I feel like he was probably a fucking pedophile.

It was a whole shopping complex full of these little shops with people trying to get us to come inside. This guy was more aggressive than the rest.

I'll never go back there. We're fast becoming expats who just stick to our own expat community because the shops and food makes sense and nobody comes outside of their shop to rudely demand your attention and try to overcharge you for stuff we don't want and didn't ask for.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:07 PM   #1722
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

i would've kept moving no matter how aggressive the salesman got. can't think about it on a personal level and guilt yourself. there's no such thing as being rude when your own money's involved

Old 05-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #1723
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah, I know. I'm just not used to being approached, so was caught off guard. And it's easier just to avoid shopping complexes like that. It's funny, there's a similar complex downtown, but whereas this one was for sports gear the one downtown was for books, arts supplies and stationary. And everyone just stayed inside their own shops and left us alone. I'm just going to end up retreating to local places like that and shopping for soccer balls at western style shops. I can't handle ignoring people or saying no. Avoidance is my tried and tested strategy lol

Old 05-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #1724
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I woke up at 8:00 this morning, texted my girlfriend and then somehow dozed off again. Woke up at 11:00, disoriented as fuck.

Vacation!

Old 05-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #1725
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I spent $50 on something I didn't want, in a local shop. I'm not used to people coming out of shops and calling out. It makes me uncomfortable so I tend to stop because I don't want to be rude. This guy had a clothes shop selling overpriced average clothing and found my younger son an ugly swim top that didn't fit. He only had one front tooth in his upper jaw and I felt sorry for him, so as my son was changing, I said how much? And he was like $49.95. So I just paid it and we left, and I cried. He also said my older son is very pretty and now I feel like he was probably a fucking pedophile.

It was a whole shopping complex full of these little shops with people trying to get us to come inside. This guy was more aggressive than the rest.

I'll never go back there. We're fast becoming expats who just stick to our own expat community because the shops and food makes sense and nobody comes outside of their shop to rudely demand your attention and try to overcharge you for stuff we don't want and didn't ask for.
I guess I can understand why you didn't just ignore the guy or dart off, since you had your kid with you. Gotta set a good example and not freak the lil squirt out. Even still, some forceful manners usually suffice in these situations.

"No, thank YOU." "I SAID GOOD DAY!"

Old 05-31-2017, 01:06 PM   #1726
yo soy el mejor

So you have not try to make contact with me why not
04/17/2011 5:07pm
****** need to hear form you
04/30/2011 2:27pm
****** why will not talk to me
06/19/2011 8:37am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ******
06/16/2015 10:51pm
Happy Birthday from your farther I love you

messages from my father i just found on facebook. i kinda feel like shit right now, but i gotta stay strong and never talk to him again. i almost just fucking said hi. and then what?!

Old 05-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #1727
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I mean, if he's so toxic that you can't deal with being in contact with him, then you have to do what's healthy for you. Not knowing the story but assuming you have valid reasons, don't beat yourself up.

Also, Facebook messages don't count as "real" contact in my book. It's a cheap and empty gesture.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:45 PM   #1728
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
all has been deleted now, and we apologized to the person.
why you post like you're a queen?

she just sent me a text out of nowhere saying 'thank you!' because i told her 6 hours ago that the posts with her number had been deleted

followed by "I got an apology from one of the people who texted me tho"

Old 05-31-2017, 05:03 PM   #1729
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Your medal is in the mail as well as your white suit of armor

Old 05-31-2017, 05:06 PM   #1730
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

For anyone going through the same pain, please know that the iPhone does have a built in blocking feature that works quite well

Old 05-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #1731
yo soy el mejor

you probably just lied and told erica you apologized is all

Old 05-31-2017, 05:09 PM   #1732
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Yeah prolly. Can we move on now? This is a none story

Old 05-31-2017, 05:10 PM   #1733
yo soy el mejor

i asked reprise a question and then you galloped in talking at me again. go move on, will ya.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #1734
hnibos
Braindead

I guess it's comforting that some things never change

Old 05-31-2017, 06:03 PM   #1735
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

In what way have they not changed

Old 05-31-2017, 06:07 PM   #1736
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Old 05-31-2017, 06:12 PM   #1737
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Trump is president. Monte got married. What more could change??

Old 05-31-2017, 08:08 PM   #1738
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Can I just be banned? I sent the second joke after reprise said she would and then talked to her and reported the post with the number and asked Joeri to edit it but I apparently harassed her and now ****** has my number. I'm not ok with that. And I'm not ok with being here with her here at all. Because lately many of her posts have alluded to me or are responding to me in some way. I'm trying really hard not to do the same but I don't want to snap or harass people so can you just ban me and continue on with the board the way it is because I'm not an essential boarder or anything.
Don't beat yourself up over it. We all make mistakes and lack judgement from time to time. Just learn from it

Old 05-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #1739
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I have. I do feel bad about it. But I don't feel incredibly bad, and that's because I still think that out of all the hijinks this place has collectively done that it ranks pretty low. The woman I spoke to didn't seem that mad about it. It's hard to tell thru text of course if that's true but regardless she has an iPhone and like I said, you can easily block a number on those...

I sent a to mama joke at 10:51 pm my time which is 7:51 pacific, correct? It's a Washington number. So texting her late into the night I did not do. Plus, I had taken steps to have the post with number deleted. Sorry there was no great rush. I made some mistakes but this isn't harassment according to the law.

In the original pic post I found a photo ****** had posted of a form a guy (with his full name) had filled out saying why he donated plasma. The pic is still up.She was making fun of his handwriting. This is totally unethical on many levels, including possibly hipaa. That's some guy's medical history. Handwriting can be poor because of medical conditions or even socioeconomic. So don't give me flack for texting a number I could have guessed and that didn't escalate to anything weird or illegal.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #1740
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Prank texts are pretty tame. Pretty sure we all did prank calls as kids. I'd say that the less prudent thing was posting the phone number on a website that anybody can access, because then that person's information is out there without their consent, and you don't know who else is going to use it, and for what. Could be worse than harmless "yo mama jokes."

But the number is gone now and it seems everything turned out peachy.

p.s. thus aint monte