Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #181
Eon
Oblivious Virgin

My mom saw Tool in OKC last night and she said the place was CRAWLING with scalpers. Ugh.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #182
EdWood
Amish Rake Fighter

Well if Billy and his handlers weren't such morons this could have been handled much better. I all my years of concert going I have never seen such a disaster. This would never happen with the great Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge, they now how to handle ticket sales. Billy shits on his fans by doing weird shit l;ike this, phones should have been open, windows, etc. By the way Johnny is the former lead singer of the Crests one of the first inter-racial groups of the recording industry. He went on to have minor success as a solo artist before joining the Del-Satins who then merged with The Rythme Method, an all Brass Band and formed the Brooklyn Bridge who had a monster hit with Jimmy Webb's "The Worst That Could Happen". The group had a string of top 40 hits selling over 10 million albums in their first 3 years. And Billy is a douche for making his fans suffer this way.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #183
ratking17
Ownz

I thought the site went down as well when I processed my order...i guess not...

Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #184
purelunacy77
Pledge

FUCKING SURVEY WTF!!! i was almost there

Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #185
ToEachesOwn
Serial Dater

Location: 50 lbs of peaches equals a bushel. 185 lbs of Eaches equals sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWood
Well if Billy and his handlers weren't such morons this could have been handled much better. I all my years of concert going I have never seen such a disaster. This would never happen with the great Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge, they now how to handle ticket sales. Billy shits on his fans by doing weird shit l;ike this, phones should have been open, windows, etc. By the way Johnny is the former lead singer of the Crests one of the first inter-racial groups of the recording industry. He went on to have minor success as a solo artist before joining the Del-Satins who then merged with The Rythme Method, an all Brass Band and formed the Brooklyn Bridge who had a monster hit with Jimmy Webb's "The Worst That Could Happen". The group had a string of top 40 hits selling over 10 million albums in their first 3 years. And Billy is a douche for making his fans suffer this way.
The venue decides who to go through.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #186
devotchka
Demi-God

Quote:
billy had jackshit to do with this aside from saying "oh hey yeah that venue sounds good" - i highly fucking doubt he said "and also, let's use ticketweb. it'll be fun!"

Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #187
teamneedle
Ownz

This makes me want to shit in a bag.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #188
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telex
almost !!! i got ditched at the checkout. this was around the sme time others just posted success, so there was a little window of opportunity there.
yeah me too, i got all my info in and then booted on submit

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #189
EdWood
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToEachesOwn
The venue decides who to go through.

No, they don't nosebleed.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #190
virex33
Amish Rake Fighter

All I can say is there better be a HUGE fucking US tour to make up for this bullshit...this blows my whole fucking summer.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #191
Reissdorf
Pledge

Yeah, as pissed as I am right now, I can't pin this one on Billy. I wonder if he'd be pissed if he found out.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #192
deadaswarhol
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: and I just felt something when I saw her that day at Kroger

they should at least say if they're going to tour other than this

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #193
mpp
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratking17
Guys, I hate doing this so far in advance because people change their minds and shit, but I it appears that when the website went down, and even though the page failed and it gave me an error message, I have an extra ticket to both of the tuesday and wednesday shows. If that is the case, face value with service fee...

RatKing, pls check your pm's. Thanks for this opportunity.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #194
EdWood
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reissdorf
Yeah, as pissed as I am right now, I can't pin this one on Billy. I wonder if he'd be pissed if he found out.
Why would he, he doesn't care about his fans.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #195
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

myspace bulletin from smashing pumpkins:

*** ATTN buyers of Asheville, NC tickets ***
The demand for tickets this morning overwhelmed the servers of the Orange Peel and even Ticketweb. It appears that there has been some confusion about purchasing those tickets online. If you placed an order, it did go through. You will be sent a confirmation email shortly.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #196
Eon
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadaswarhol
they should at least say if they're going to tour other than this
I'm sure they will. They probably need money. Lol.

Quote:
Why would he, he doesn't care about his fans.
I hope you're joking.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #197
starla of the vast skies
Demi-God

FUCK!!

DAMN SURVEY!!

AGAIN!!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #198
soma09
Pledge

looks like tickets are DEFINETLY sold out for the first saturday it won't even let me chose an amount anymore. it just says NONE AVAILABLE.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #199
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
I hope you're joking.
he isn't. leave and go somewhere like blamo.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #200
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Looks like the only way to get in is to S a D. I'm a fan, not that big of a fan.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #201
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

are july 2 and 3 still open?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #202
virex33
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reissdorf

I don't know if this was in response to what I said, but I'm not pinning this on Billy in the least. I'm just saying I was like 17-18 when the Pumpkins broke up, still living with the parents and all, didn't have a job yet, and never got the chance to see them, and never thought I would...and this was my chance to see them not once, not twice, but possibly 3-4 times to make up for lost opportunities...and now because this stupid fucking venue has to cut ticketmaster out of the loop and try to be creative with their ticket sales, none of us get to go, and there are assholes already selling the fucking tickets on ebay.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #203
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

i'm stuck at the survey for only one sohw. i can't even get taht far for any others.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #204
ToEachesOwn
Serial Dater

Location: 50 lbs of peaches equals a bushel. 185 lbs of Eaches equals sexy.

Quote:
No, they don't nosebleed.
Every event I'm clicking on on the Orange Peel's web site redirects to ticketweb.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #205
EdWood
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
I'm sure they will. They probably need money. Lol.

I hope you're joking.

Dude my best friend is in physical pain because he can't through, FRANCE would have been easier than this. Billy sucks cock at this point. James iha4life nword!!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #206
papermoonpixie
Pledge

can't check out.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #207
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by virex33
I don't know if this was in response to what I said, but I'm not pinning this on Billy in the least. I'm just saying I was like 17-18 when the Pumpkins broke up, still living with the parents and all, didn't have a job yet, and never got the chance to see them, and never thought I would...and this was my chance to see them not once, not twice, but possibly 3-4 times to make up for lost opportunities...and now because this stupid fucking venue has to cut ticketmaster out of the loop and try to be creative with their ticket sales, none of us get to go, and there are assholes already selling the fucking tickets on ebay.
ticketmaster own ticketweb

Old 05-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #208
teamneedle
Ownz

monday july 2 is sold out

Old 05-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #209
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

hey guys is anyone else even the least bit irritated that bolly is going to spend two weeks in two locations? i mean couldn't he spend two weeks going from Asheville to San Francisco with dates around the country?

it's like fans are supposed to prove their loyalty by going overboard in getting tickets. he really cherishes his cult status. I really don't feel like an incomplete reunion is worth all this trouble. About the only thing worth this trouble is if someone ressurected John Bonham from the dead and Zeppelin went on tour.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #210
virex33
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
ticketmaster own ticketweb
If that is the case, they should share bandwidth.