Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #91
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Like... Why are we assuming the kids in the audience were bothersome? I know its hard for netphoria not to see in black n white terms but every kid is different. It's summer, its a superhero movie, he's being good, let him see the goddamn movie.

Also, the baby... If that baby is going to sleep through the movie (because yknow babies sleep several times throughout the course of a 24 hr period, why the fuck does anyone care whether they are there or not? I don't personally begrudge parents who have no free time and they just wanna step outside their four walls once in a while.

The level of presumption concerning these kids is baffling.
Well you just presumed the baby would be quiet the whole time. Well done you.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #92
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
Well you just presumed the baby would be quiet the whole time. Well done you.
I said "if" you goddamned mouth-breather.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #93
D.
Consume my pants.

Everyone's assuming these particular kids are just like their little jizz drops, that they must be horrifically loud kids.

HOW COULD THEY BE UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON A SUMMER NIGHT??! NEXT THING YOU KNOW WE'LL HAVE COLOREDS AT THE DRANKING FOUNTAIN

Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #94
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
Like... Why are we assuming the kids in the audience were bothersome
kinda off topic but i cannot stand it when somebody brings their wailing baby into a theater. it really burns me up because it ruins the entire thing and i flushed $10 down the toilet. some people have sense to take the baby out until it calms down but that's rare, i guess parents are used to it and think everybody is too

same thing with restaurants and whatnot but that's more understandable

Old 07-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #95
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
kinda off topic but i cannot stand it when somebody brings their wailing baby into a theater. it really burns me up because it ruins the entire thing and i flushed $10 down the toilet. some people have sense to take the baby out until it calms down but that's rare, i guess parents are used to it and think everybody is too

same thing with restaurants and whatnot but that's more understandable
Naw, you're on topic. I hate that shit, too. I will leave wherever I am before I have my kid making a spectacle. Luckily the kid is mostly good-natured but we have left eating establishments before.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #96
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Quote:
Like... Why are we assuming the kids in the audience were bothersome? I know its hard for netphoria not to see in black n white terms but every kid is different. It's summer, its a superhero movie, he's being good, let him see the goddamn movie.

Also, the baby... If that baby is going to sleep through the movie (because yknow babies sleep several times throughout the course of a 24 hr period, why the fuck does anyone care whether they are there or not? I don't personally begrudge parents who have no free time and they just wanna step outside their four walls once in a while.

The level of presumption concerning these kids is baffling - not just here but other articles on this shit.
Because most kids are annoying and most babies would cry during a loud movie. It's like walking past a black fella and assuming that he's not gonna rob you, but he's probably gonna.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #97
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Quote:
Everyone's assuming these particular kids are just like their little jizz drops, that they must be horrifically loud kids.

HOW COULD THEY BE UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON A SUMMER NIGHT??! NEXT THING YOU KNOW WE'LL HAVE COLOREDS AT THE DRANKING FOUNTAIN
There's always a chance of it with every 3 month old ever, you know that.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #98
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
There's always a chance of it with every 3 month old ever, you know that.
Of course there's a chance. That's why you sit near the exit and if it the kid throws a fit, you leave.

Look, I'm not saying we would do it, but we also have a ton of people to watch our kid, sometimes at the last minute. Not everyone has that luxury.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #99
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Midnight isn't a requirement... Why to go for a morning matinee? A lot of parents do. Even the initial outburst is annoying to others, plus, the parent wastes their money if they have to leave. I've seen some theaters that specifically prohibit babies after a certain hour.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #100
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

So... why did all these people bring their damn children? A four-year-old child was there. I've heard of at least two babies.

I expect Netphorian parents to explain this to me.

*Not blaming the victims

Old 07-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #101
D.
Consume my pants.

Not sure why but, looking over my posts, I was cranky today.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #102
rottenugly
Banned

When people bring their kids to a theatre, I get really angry because they make noise and whine and cry.

I was in a theatre watching Up like the first week it came out in theatres, and a special education class was there as well... I could not deal with the rackets they were making and I almost walked out.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #103
rottenugly
Banned

Luckily my parents never took me to see a movie when I was little. Never bring a child with ADHD to a movie theatre. You'll regret it dearly.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #104
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenugly View Post
When people bring their kids to a theatre, I get really angry because they make noise and whine and cry.

I was in a theatre watching Up like the first week it came out in theatres, and a special education class was there as well... I could not deal with the rackets they were making and I almost walked out.
Up is a kids movie, you moron. That's like going to see the Blindside and complaining about all the soccer moms.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #105
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Apparently the shooter booby-trapped his apartment, too.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #106
mercurial
$ W▲ G

So surely the studio has to pull the movie now out of respect? You'd have to, wouldn't you?

Id expect the theatres will start dropping it anyway.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #107
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

there's no way it will be dropped, at least not by a significant amount of theaters. the show must go on etc. just the way it is

Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #108
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

They did cancel the Paris premiere because of this, but I expect that's all that will happen. Too big and popular of a movie to just yank it.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #109
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
So surely the studio has to pull the movie now out of respect? You'd have to, wouldn't you?

Id expect the theatres will start dropping it anyway.
there are thousands of people at every level of the film industry whose livelihoods are tied up in this film.

they did cancel the paris premiere tonight fwiw

Old 07-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #110
TuralyonW3
Immortal

i'll be seeing it imax 3d tomorrow. i'm fuckin ready to die whatever

Old 07-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #111
TuralyonW3
Immortal

http://heavenhollywood.files.wordpre...ady_to_die.jpg

Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #112
TuralyonW3
Immortal

i'm a pro gun control liberal, but if someone decides they're gonna go on a killing spree, it's gonna happen. determined perpetrators will adapt.

selfish fucking asshole, unfortunate people, fucking tragic situation

Old 07-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #113
TuralyonW3
Immortal

oh I also heard they were pulling some if not all tv ads

Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #114
mercurial
$ W▲ G

They won't be announcing weekend receipts either

Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #115
The Omega Concern
Banned

hmmm...

AP Honors. Graduated UC Riverside in Neuroscience.

yahhh...

no MKUlTra here though. Why would I ponder that thought? I was figuring a flunky white trash gun runner type or displaced vet, but the post-grad student in Neuroscience is a new take. Almost too obvious...but I digress.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #116
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Almost too obvious...
M E T A

Old 07-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #117
Starla

I think there are a lot of parents who feel that they are a good judge of what their child can handle as far as a violent film. The reality is, and the studies show that children at the age of six cannot rationalize or understand violence (when they have not grown up in a violent culture) and they process it differently. They internalize it and it frightens them. It also causes emotional distress to view violent images. I would never take my kid into a violent movie. I think it's just common sense, but I realize a lot of parents are seriously lacking in that dept too. Although I can't go into it too much, I spoke with a woman whose ex took their son into see straw dogs, and the kid (age 9) had to go in for therapy after that.

As for bringing babies into theaters, I brought a 2 month old in with me to see Return of the king. She slept almost the entire way through and as soon as she woke up, I popped the boob in her mouth before she could let out a whimper. It worked wonderfully.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:07 AM   #118
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
hmmm...

AP Honors. Graduated UC Riverside in Neuroscience.

yahhh...

no MKUlTra here though. Why would I ponder that thought? I was figuring a flunky white trash gun runner type or displaced vet, but the post-grad student in Neuroscience is a new take. Almost too obvious...but I digress.
I really think in this case, he was straight up crazy. When his mother woke up to discover all of this via the news, she called the police dept and without hesitation she told the police they had the right person. She was aware that he was sick.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #119
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

or maybe thats what they want you to think

Old 07-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #120
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Two words.

Mind control.