Elphenor
Braindead

bring back TBK

it was so hype except for the 3 month to never waits between songs

Lightning Strikes is still a bop Playschool synths and all

Old 11-28-2018, 05:45 PM   #34
ilikeplanets
Braindead

that's generous, i find it to be like listening to someone else play video games from the other room

Old 11-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #35
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i do agree about ogilala though. i think i hate ZG the most because that's when i actually dilsiked the majority of the songs on first impression, and it only worsened from there

Old 11-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #36
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
i'm guessing you're not one of the people who was awarded free SP wrapping paper this season
they gave out wrapping paper?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #37
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Zwan was definitely the beginning of the end of my Corgan fandom. Especially when it blew up and Billy started bashing everyone in the press. I started thinking then, “okay maybe billy is really the problem here.”

Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #38
Shallowed
Braindead

I've only heard Solara and seen its music video

Apparently the other songs are much better and the album as a whole is kind of okay?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #39
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

How can anyone spend any amount of time on this particular part of the board & not at least listen to SHITEY once thru ? ? ? ?

Old 11-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #40
Shallowed
Braindead

We already had Zeitgeist nicknamed Shitegeist. If we're going to nickname Shiny, then it's only fair that we nickname them all

Shitesh
Siamese Shite
Piscese Ishiteiot
Shitephoria
Mellon Shite and the Infinite Shite
The Aeroplane Shites High
Ashite
MASHITEA/the mashites of God
MASHITEA II/the friends & enemies of modern shite
Shitegeist
Teargarden by Kashiteyscope Vol 1: Shites for a Sailor
Teargarden by Kashiteyscope Vol 2: The Solshite Bare
Oshiteania
Monuments to an Eleshite
Shitey and Oh So Shite Vol 1. / LP: No Past. No Future. No Shite.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #41
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
For me, even though Oceania wasn't a bad album and was much better than Teargarden, it just wasn't good enough to keep me interested in the band. Like, following their releases for five years since they had gotten back together, and the best I had heard from them peaked at "not bad." I realized that I only felt an obligation to listen to them because they are my "favourite band," and I wouldn't be so charitable with music of a similar calibre being released by bands I didn't have an emotional attachment to. Oceania was far from the worst, it was just kind of the final straw.

I totally forgot that Ogilala is even a thing. Never listened to it. Didn't even hear much about it when it was being released.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Teargarden felt like pulling teeth after it was hyped up SO MUCH by Billy. The waits were excruciating and it dragged on sooooooooooo long. Once he finally ditched that and eventually made a traditional album and then hyped that up to no end and for it to be merely mediocre, it sorta clicked that the magic wouldn't be returning.

With that said, Monuments actually restored a little faith in me. It was the first release since Zeitgeist where I actually liked a handful of songs, but now the last 2 albums have been total snoozers and misses. Ogilala I kind of liked 1 song and I only kind of like 1 song on Shiny... Not a very good ratio.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:22 PM   #42
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I've only heard Solara and seen its music video

Apparently the other songs are much better and the album as a whole is kind of okay?
No.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #43
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

it honestly kind of blows my mind that anyone would actively like Monuments then go in calling Shiny an utter piece of shit - they're really not that different, it's just one has James Iha & Jimmy Chamberlin occasionally becoming visible through all the Rubin

Old 11-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #44
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
How can anyone spend any amount of time on this particular part of the board & not at least listen to SHITEY once thru ? ? ? ?
You answer your own question.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:30 PM   #45
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i pack my own lunch

Old 11-28-2018, 10:54 PM   #46
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I tried to listen to it a few times, but end up skipping most songs. So no, never in full. I tried.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:04 PM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
it honestly kind of blows my mind that anyone would actively like Monuments then go in calling Shiny an utter piece of shit - they're really not that different, it's just one has James Iha & Jimmy Chamberlin occasionally becoming visible through all the Rubin
Songwriting is way better on Monuments. Billy and Tommy find a good groove too. It pains me to say it as I've been one of the biggest JC fanboys here, but his effort on Shiny sucks. It's like he just dusts off a bag of tricks and doesn't try and add anything unique to the composition... And his drum sound SUCKS, maybe my biggest disappointment with the album. No idea what he was going for with the sound of his kit. GET SOME REVERB ON THAT SNARE SOUND FOR GODS-SAKE!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for Jimmy to drum his ass off all the time, some of my favorite parts of his are the restrained nuanced parts, but this album just doesn't have anything interesting... Maybe it's a simple fact that he doesn't have anything to work with with these lackluster songs.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 11-28-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:13 AM   #48
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Or... maybe... the drugs helped.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:19 AM   #49
vajohna
Ownz

I always listen to Shiny all the way through

Old 11-29-2018, 06:06 AM   #50
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Totally agree.
So chamberlin and iha are back, but sonically nothing has changed.
Honestly it s disappointing that iha and chamba were not allowed to contribute much( at least i don' t hear their strengths).
It s still the belzebub one man show.
Last nite i was watching the shiny show from seattle.

It is so embarrassing how it is all about bill.the videos, the stupid pope statue and the change of outfits. Disarm was sung horribly. God, he isnt michael jackson,bowie, u2 or pink floyd. He is an embittered person who had success in the alternative niche 25 years ago.
It feels like some old retirees playing umotivated their songs.

Maybe thesekind of narcisstic 3 hour shows work in usa. But as we know- there was zero interest worldwide( except 2 dates) in having the bolly 3 h show

Old 11-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #51
bye june
Ownz

I actually like this album, and most of Monuments. Solara and Knights of Malta have grown on me. Silvery Sometimes and Marchin' On are the best. With Sympathy and Seek and You Shall Destroy are good. Alienation too.

Travels is the worst song on shiny. It's bad.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #52
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bye june View Post
I actually like this album, and most of Monuments. Solara and Knights of Malta have grown on me. Silvery Sometimes and Marchin' On are the best. With Sympathy and Seek and You Shall Destroy are good. Alienation too.

Travels is the worst song on shiny. It's bad.
kewl story

Old 11-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #53
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
It s still the belzebub one man show.
Last nite i was watching the shiny show from seattle.
I love that every post of yours is like "I hate this band with every fiber of my being, also I just watched three hours of them performing to reaffirm that, as I now do daily"

Old 11-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #54
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Songwriting is way better on Monuments.
Nearly half of these songs come from DFN which was from the same time period as MTAE so I'd say you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot here.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #55
fuzzyroes
Banned

How so? Monuments was clearly the A-batch of material.

Check out Pitchfork media, they gave Monuments a far better rating than Shiny too. I think people are just biased with this new music because of the Iha/Chamberlin factor.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #56
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Monuments sucked. Shiny sucks. Does it really matter which album was slightly less shitty?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #57
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Yes, yes goddamnit it matters more than anything

Old 11-30-2018, 11:31 AM   #58
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

If you took all the good songs on Monuments and all the good songs on Shiny and put them together you would have... half an album.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #59
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I love that every post of yours is like "I hate this band with every fiber of my being, also I just watched three hours of them performing to reaffirm that, as I now do daily"
No, i didnt watch 3 h. I stopped after disarm and had seen some other sequences like the popeshit.

Actually i am a fan and want them to be successful, but somehow i've got angry and frustrated cause i was hoping that james and jim save the sinking ship.

I like some songs on shiny, but overall the sp dont play any role in today's music business. Actually they haven't for the last 11 years.
Either u love em or u hate em. I obviously do both.

I dont believe 50 per cent of bollzis answers on insta.
Or does anyone believe that the fans love the new album, only because some posted their love for it?
If you post any criticism about it u get blocked or publicly bashed via IG.
He hasnt posted one negative post about shiny. And if he did, he made fun of fans and behaved like a miffed child.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:32 PM   #60
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
If you took all the good songs on Monuments and all the good songs on Shiny and put them together you would have... half an album.
Half of a mediocre album