Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #1711
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Clearly, because it’s obvious you can’t understand basic words.
So you really don't understand how something can be selling well, but not be selling quickly?

You will now post some insult trying to deflect but really just end up dragging out your embarrassment further.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #1712
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

dipshit

get fucked and die

Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #1713
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
So you really don't understand how something can be selling well, but not be selling quickly?

You will now post some insult trying to deflect but really just end up dragging out your embarrassment further.
well=satisfactory

you mouthbreathing inbred

you think Live Nation expected them to sell out every show?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #1714
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Well means satisfactory and for well-past-prime reunion-4.0-Pumpkins 75% full with sellouts in major markets is satisfactory.
Your point being?

You are so close. Halfway to figuring it out.

Yout can do it!

Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #1715
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Quote:
dipshit

get fucked and die
LOL

Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #1716
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
There is zero debate this is selling slow. You could argue it's selling well, but you can not say it's selling tickets quickly.

Learning to not argue against self-evident realities is an important skill to learn in life.
In all seriousness, does it really matter how quickly it sells if the end result is the same?

Does Billy get richer if he was to sell out MSG on day 1 vs selling it out while the opening band hits the stage?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #1717
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
well=satisfactory

you mouthbreathing inbred

you think Live Nation expected them to sell out every show?
You truly have no comprehension no of what is being said.

Something can be selling well but not be selling quickly.

Read the above line 3 times out loud slowly.

You will now insult me again and still not get it.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #1718
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
In all seriousness, does it really matter how quickly it sells if the end result is the same?

Does Billy get richer if he was to sell out MSG on day 1 vs selling it out while the opening band hits the stage?
Yes if something sells out in one day you add another date because there is demand. If something sells out after being on sale for 4-5 months there is not enough demand to fill a second date.

The speed at which something sells is directly related to the demand for it.

Pretty basic shit we are talking here.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #1719
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Yes if something sells out in one day you add another date because there is demand. If something sells out after being on sale for 4-5 months there is not enough demand to fill a second date.

Yes, but you are adding another layer to it. You are probably right about NYC since it is a major city obviously. However, let's use a less extreme example. Say they sold out for example Columbus in a week. That would be IMO "selling quickly". I don't think even then they could add another show to that venue. Another 15K in Columbus would be hard enough given the population is less than 1M people. Also, you can't just play every night. You need nights for recovery and other logistical points.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #1720
slayed23
Ownz

I am actually kinda surprised that LA got a 2nd show and not NYC. Chicago makes sense, but wasn't NYC the best selling show for Oceania? All those billboards in Times Square too. Maybe MSG holds a lot more people than The Forum?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #1721
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol @ rider and ninsp

Old 04-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #1722
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Yes, but you are adding another layer to it. You are probably right about NYC since it is a major city obviously. However, let's use a less extreme example. Say they sold out for example Columbus in a week. That would be IMO "selling quickly". I don't think even then they could add another show to that venue. Another 15K in Columbus would be hard enough given the population is less than 1M people. Also, you can't just play every night. You need nights for recovery and other logistical points.
I'm not adding anything to it. My original point was valid.

Last time Billy played Europe there was close to zero demand for tickets. They literally had to hang curtains to hide the empty areas. Billy is still bitter and angry about this.

This tour is selling slowly indicating a lack of demand.

Since Europe had as close to zero demand as you can get and not cancel a tour last time he was there we can pretty safely assume Billy would have to scale back. He hates doing that and he's still bitter about European fans abandoning him.

Plus let's face it he wants this whole reunion over with already. It's not the glorious comeback he thought it would be, he's pissed about the Darcy shit. All he wants to talk about is his solo album which probably won't even come out.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #1723
FoolofaTook

Your dad probably won't come out.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #1724
FoolofaTook

BAZING!!

Old 04-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #1725
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
I'm not adding anything to it. My original point was valid.

Last time Billy played Europe there was close to zero demand for tickets. They literally had to hang curtains to hide the empty areas. Billy is still bitter and angry about this.

This tour is selling slowly indicating a lack of demand.

Since Europe had as close to zero demand as you can get and not cancel a tour last time he was there we can pretty safely assume Billy would have to scale back. He hates doing that and he's still bitter about European fans abandoning him.

Plus let's face it he wants this whole reunion over with already. It's not the glorious comeback he thought it would be, he's pissed about the Darcy shit. All he wants to talk about is his solo album which probably won't even come out.
The past is the past. This tour is selling way better than Oceania. Quick or not quick, there is still enough demand to respectfully come close to filling arenas in the US.

They are going to try and play arenas in Europe IMO. Now, this will obviously be verifiable. So if I am wrong, I will admit it.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #1726
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I saw Placebo in a comparable (15k) bunker venue in Eurolandia on their never ending sellout-tour.
It was sad (keep your Placebo-has-always-been-sad jokes to yourself, thank you), the atmosphere when you have 7k in a venue twice the size is simply shit.

They'd have to go for the 2.5 to 4k venues, like the Placebo tour should have done, which is generally preferable to me.
The paycheck of a Euro tour on that scale is probably not tempting to Bully.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #1727
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
The past is the past. This tour is selling way better than Oceania. Quick or not quick, there is still enough demand to respectfully come close to filling arenas in the US.

They are going to try and play arenas in Europe IMO. Now, this will obviously be verifiable. So if I am wrong, I will admit it.
better than oceania is a low bar. this was really supposed to be a massive return to the mainstream, tickets were supposed to have sold out ages ago

yes they'll do europe. billys always got an excuse - he's happy enough to say people didn't like that line up / album / setlists / etc but he's not going to come out and admit defeat on a whole continent. i think he'd rather do it, fail and then come out with the excuses than straight up admit that Europe doesn't like the smashing pumpkins so he's not gonna bother

Old 04-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #1728
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I am actually kinda surprised that LA got a 2nd show and not NYC. Chicago makes sense, but wasn't NYC the best selling show for Oceania? All those billboards in Times Square too. Maybe MSG holds a lot more people than The Forum?
maybe... google would have answered that. 3k more, and Oceania in NYC was not only closed off with curtains due to not being filled, but also paid "models" to fill the first rows.
why the hell would you be surprised Madison fucking Square Garden hasn't 2 SP shows in a row.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #1729
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
maybe... google would have answered that. 3k more, and Oceania in NYC was not only closed off with curtains due to not being filled, but also paid "models" to fill the first rows.
why the hell would you be surprised Madison fucking Square Garden hasn't 2 SP shows in a row.
Because there are almost 9M in NYC alone.

Can you provide the link that talks about the models at the Barclays show? I googled it and didn't find anything. I would love to read it.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #1730
pavementtune

I am not going to search this board for it, there was a thread for it.
try "craigslist hot models Oceania" or bribe the resident archivist CAIC.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #1731
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Hotties at the SP show? I’ll take two!

Old 04-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #1732
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

if that logic was true, the two most expensive guitars on BC's reverb sale would have sold in minutes. there's great demand for ferraris too, but you don't see those flying off the car lot. speed has nothing to do with demand.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #1733
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Give Corgan back to the Irish!

I doubt they're playing here tho. I'd be happy with a Belfast date.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #1734
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
if that logic was true, the two most expensive guitars on BC's reverb sale would have sold in minutes. there's great demand for ferraris too, but you don't see those flying off the car lot. speed has nothing to do with demand.
Rider comprehends at a 3rd grade level, lower your expectations

Old 04-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #1735
FoolofaTook

or you could just get him drunk

Old 04-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #1736
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I doubt they're playing here tho. I'd be happy with a Belfast date.
They would only play in Dublin, like before:

Old 04-10-2018, 10:58 PM   #1737
fuzzyroes
Banned

How many of you guys are really excited at the prospects of a greatest hits set that doesn't change? Does the addition of Iha really make that big of a difference for you?

I'm sorta on the fence. I think the supporting acts will really be what seals the deal for me.

I for one found the Zeitgeist tour to be more exciting. General admission flooring, changing set lists, tons of oddities being thrown in each set. Makes it more interesting, as I'm guessing most of us will check out the set-list after the first show.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #1738
fuzzyroes
Banned

I wonder if Iha will even be rocking out, or if he'll just sorta be there alongside Jeff, looking all bored and shit.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #1739
fuzzyroes
Banned

Hell, has Iha made a statement about these shows yet?

Old 04-10-2018, 11:28 PM   #1740
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
lol @ rider and ninsp
haha you read my mind