Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #481
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Oh dear.

*heads for the exit*

Old 11-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #482
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I deal with shitty people on pretty much a regular basis. Why would I want to brush elbows with them here, in my free-time? I'm not making a final judgment on TOC with that statement, btw. Just saying.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #483
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

TOC gives us long posts of crazed writing, clearly detailing the thoughts and beliefs of a Trump supporter and conspiracy theorist.

I don't know where I can find that in a one-stop-shop with teh bolly's rambling movie review thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #484
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Can we just go back to posting things from our 5 favorite dope rooms?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #485
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I think if we were to have a poll: "Keep TOC or Lose LaBelle" we all know how that would pan out.
Clearly people would keep TOC.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #486
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
TOC gives us long posts of crazed writing, clearly detailing the thoughts and beliefs of a Trump supporter and conspiracy theorist.

I don't know where I can find that in a one-stop-shop with teh bolly's rambling movie review thread
Maybe teh b0lly can step things up a notch and start introducing some alt-right conspiracy theory shit into his writing. Would that be an OK compromise?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #487
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Like, I can understand wanting to keep him around for the "WTF" factor, but is it worth alienating other users? You may find LaBelle to be boring, but I certainly don't, nor do other people here. This is a "community," after all.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #488
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

vix, can you please post the 5 Dope Things From Your Favorite Room please?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #489
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I guess the difference is that here, you have the choice to see what TOC's long chains of thought look like, whereas in your everyday life there's no way you would stand around waiting for the conversation to finish. I dunno. THat's the difference for me.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #490
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Like, I can understand wanting to keep him around for the "WTF" factor, but is it worth alienating other users? You may find LaBelle to be boring, but I certainly don't, nor do other people here. This is a "community," after all.
I don't find Labelle boring, I just don't come here specifically because she's here. Like, I come here for the illegal dog fighting ring and Labelle is like some refined Bichon which is awesome but no if you came for the fight.

I mean this is a terrible analogy because I would never actually attend a dog fight

I think it's great that Labelle's here.

But if TOC actually wants to be here, and Labelle says "It's me or him" I kind of feel like...I'd rather have TOC, that's all. Not because I don't like Labelle...more because I don't like it when people do that, and essentially use their status as a "liked" member, to push another "disliked" member out of the group

It feels like high school Regina George shit

Old 11-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #491
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Eh, I deal with the public a lot, so I get my fill of paranoid Trumpsters in a day. Problem is, it's usually crusty old men who are too old to change their thinking. I just don't find people my age spewing that shit to be terribly interesting. TOC is cool when he's talking music or otherwise, I'll give him that.

Where else in my life am I going to find an aspiring film-maker and fellow horror movie fan? I get more from talking to LaBelle than I do in engaging with conspiracy theorists.

To each their own, I guess. And for the record, LaBelle never made that ultimatum (it's me or him). That was me. I don't want that to become a thing.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #492
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

We are a rich tapestry of puke and bile.

- Somebody, probably.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #493
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:

i'm confused as to what this means

i don't read TOC's posts

Old 11-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #494
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
I guess the truth for me is that I know a hundred people like Labelle and only one like TOC, and I don't come here specifically to read anything that Labelle writes.

I'm sorry if that sounds shitty.
also not to be shitty, but we're not getting rid of toc for labelle.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #495
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Confirmed: MarquisInSpades to be banned by Ram at 12:00 PM (CT).

Old 11-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #496
vixnix
Socialphobic

OK so I have somehow managed to misrepresent myself.

When TOC said that thing to rbg I can understand wanting to get rid of him for that.

People say horrible shit though - like, my location info is something that Sonic Johnny said to me, and I don't think anybody would consider banning him just because of that. People disagreed with Trots being banned for the same reason.

If I like the idea of keeping TOC around it's because I genuinely have not noticed a malicious streak to his posting. I don't read too often but when I do, I see someone who is earnestly trying to share what he believes is good information and occasionally losing control of himself and saying some bad shit which I actually think he probably feels ashamed of. But I don't know.

If he is truly unashamed of suggesting that rbg would somehow be a lesser person if he was trans then of course I can understand Labelle saying you don't have to tolerate diversity to the point of allowing bigotry, though I would still disagree with banning him.

I think that's just a matter of personal preference though. I grew up absorbing daily doses of my father's contempt and nearly killed myself trying to dull the pain with drugs. So somebody saying something hostile to me on the internet is hard to get too worked up about, except that it provides me with a willing human target for my rage and hurt and after years of my father having the upper hand, I finally have the chance to throw a few punches back...at someone.

And then I look up from the pit and see this noble and beautiful dog looking down at me, gently shaking her head in disapproval and I'm like

FUCK YOU LaBichon!

Old 11-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #497
vixnix
Socialphobic

See, that was actually an attempt at humour, and paying a compliment to Labelle at the end there. But I'm unsure as to whether that will successfully come across.

Technical difficulties: please stand by. Comedy will be arriving shortly.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #498
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
It's funny, because I never realized he was so hateful. Just delusional.

I mean, I guess it's not funny, but whatevs.
Yeah me too. I only noticed this recently,like in the last year. And for the longest time (in regards to his delusions) I really did think he was a troll but then again I thought monte was a troll so..

think i got goatsed too many times

Old 11-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #499
FoolofaTook

About toc: I once met a very similar man. his name was mark cox and he believed in all that conspiracy shit. probably even worse. i mean he saw pentagrams in car wheels and thought the cops could sense our glances if we looked at a cop car while on the road. totally bonkers.

he was also racist. and homophobic. made fun of my best friend (called him a mulatto) and of our friendship calling us gay (we always were together) etc. at first i piut up with it because like toc it was very amusing the delusional stuff. i mean he thought the pyramids were spaceships and that the vedas mention nuclear weapons. but then ray (my best friend) went back to cocaine and after a suicide attempt lashed out hardcore at mark. then ray left for another town.

mark tried to stay friends with me but i couldn't do it. he was a bully and a very oppressive one. so that ended.

on a brighter note i am writing dark.comedies based on our escapades.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #500
FoolofaTook

Speaking of bullies, not to make this all about me, but have i been mean to ram?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #501
MarquisInSpades
Banned

WTF?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #502
MarquisInSpades
Banned

....is happening, exactly?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #503
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Speaking of bullies, not to make this all about me, but have i been mean to ram?

yes. You will also be banned.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #504
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
WTF?
And you.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #505
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Why?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #506
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I get that.

But I come here for people I can't find anywhere else in my life, to engage with them and find out about them.

If banning people from this forum meant that they ceased to exist or stopped having the opinions we find so abhorrent, that would be something.

But banning them from netpho doesn't do that - it just makes netpho another safe space. Which could be fantastic, if that's what people want.

I don't come here for that, personally - I have other safe spaces and netpho is more like an illegal dogfighting ring, to me. So every time the range of opinions gets narrowed here, I think it is a loss. I think it's a loss when anyone leaves.

Every single person I know in real life was surprised by the Trump victory. Part of the reason I wasn't surprised was reading the threads here, and seeing how genuine people were, in their support of him.

I dunno, I prefer to know what people think. Even if I find what they think hurtful. It sort of prepares me for the shitshow that is my life.
Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.

His opinion might be unpopular, but he's taking up every opinion with some well reasoned logic. I've never got the sense that he's trying to throw around hate. It's not like he's calling transgender people repulsive, he's simply making a statement regarding the doctors who are more concerned with cashing a check and making some business rather than the long-term mental stability of the children. I don't know why it's so unpopular to be skeptical of doctors and big pharma. We've all seen what's happened with the opium epidemic in our lifetime.

If TOC was to ever get banned it would be a big loss for the community. And besides, guys like RBG can be much more insulting in their rhetoric. It's just that his is ignored cause it's the rhetoric that the majority seem to agree with. Public consensus needs to be challenged.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #507
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Why?
Ok not you.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:53 PM   #508
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Oh

Old 11-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #509
MarquisInSpades
Banned

:'D

Old 11-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #510
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:

But if TOC actually wants to be here, and Labelle says "It's me or him" I kind of feel like...I'd rather have TOC, that's all. Not because I don't like Labelle...more because I don't like it when people do that, and essentially use their status as a "liked" member, to push another "disliked" member out of the group
BINGO

Labelles perfectly lovely and it's nice to have her here, but why should it be one or the other?

TOC doesn't even post that often. He'll make like one post and then it sets off the liberals in a frenzy. Everyones free to use the ignore feature and it would work wonders considering how solemnly he posts in the first place.

I suppose my point is that he's not going out of his way to try and shove his viewpoint down peoples throats... So what's the problem in the first place?