Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #241
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

But that American Steel album did get publicity... on
Punknews
, on AbsolutePunk, on scenepointblank, on decoymusic, on Razorcake...

it got lots of publicity and positive reviews... on music blogs aimed at the people who enjoy that kind of music. Blogs aren't ignoring them, at all. It's like you're mad that sushi restaurants exist because you only like mexican food or something.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #242
slunken
Virgo

fuzzy, i think what sonjon is saying is that you can listen to whatever you want to - just don't go around acting like A) its the best thing in the world or B) shitting on everything that it's not or C) complaining about press coverage or lack of

i mean, in 2015, you can find a dedicated series of webpages for just about anything at all. take NOFX for example, surely they have a message board and surely you can get music suggestion from them. or i'm sure there are pop-punk blogs that only talk about the hottest new pop punk bands that would make NOFX out to be the dinosaurs that they are.

the point is that there is an online culture for EVERYTHING and if you really care enough you can find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny View Post

music blogs aimed at the people who enjoy that kind of music. Blogs aren't ignoring them, at all. It's like you're mad that sushi restaurants exist because you only like mexican food or something.
this

Old 09-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #243
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think we're mostly on the same page though, and it's all just semantics that we're arguing about(as usual).

After all it is only music, and if people wanna go spend and evening on the town seeing the group they listen to in their caravan than who's to fault em?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #244
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
fuzzy, i think what sonjon is saying is that you can listen to whatever you want to - just don't go around acting like A) its the best thing in the world or B) shitting on everything that it's not or C) complaining about press coverage or lack of

i mean, in 2015, you can find a dedicated series of webpages for just about anything at all. take NOFX for example, surely they have a message board and surely you can get music suggestion from them. or i'm sure there are pop-punk blogs that only talk about the hottest new pop punk bands that would make NOFX out to be the dinosaurs that they are.

the point is that there is an online culture for EVERYTHING and if you really care enough you can find it
You'd be surprised man. Active message boards focused on bands are really a thing of the past. It's all reddit or whatever nowadays.

And doesn't Pitchfork cover pretty much every genre? I mean I'm pretty sure I've even seen Lady Gaga and shit like that on there.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #245
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Fuzz can you just acknowledge that you are guilty of the three things Slunken has pointed out here? Then i'll drop it because trying to explain things to you is like trying to build a suspension bridge out of fairy floss.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #246
slunken
Virgo

now i want you two to shake hands

Old 09-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #247
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

He also has to apologise to Reprise for calling her vapid in the other thread. I mean that.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #248
slunken
Virgo

i really do blame billy for this

Old 09-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #249
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Fuzz can you just acknowledge that you are guilty of the three things Slunken has pointed out here? Then i'll drop it because trying to explain things to you is like trying to build a suspension bridge out of fairy floss.
Well you know how I feel about the most popular music blogs on the net... You're the one who always demands an explanation on my opinions and I always share. Sure theres a ton of small blogs covering nearly anything... But those don't gain the same exposure as pitchfork or NME or what have you.

I don't really think I'm guilty of A or B of what slunken was talking about... And I am only of C because it pertains to what we're discussing.

I mean really, I'm surprised you so defiantly defend the mainstream blog culture when you really expressed no interest in any of the bands they champion. One would figure you'd be more on my page on this one.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #250
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
He also has to apologise to Reprise for calling her vapid in the other thread. I mean that.
Oh get real man... I was talking about here boarding style. The truth is I usually do skip her posts cause I find them dull as hell... Sue me.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #251
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
i really do blame billy for this
haha that is pretty funny, me and Johnny are essentially acting like a bunch of Corgans

Old 09-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #252
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

You are guilty of those two things - acting like what you like is the best thing in the world and you shit on everything that you don't like as being objectively bad. Acknowledge it so we can move on.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #253
slunken
Virgo

even eulogy was like um you post about school an awful lot which i took as a backhanded way of saying nobody reads this

again not trying to defend anything

Old 09-07-2015, 08:27 PM   #254
slunken
Virgo

how about that candlebox though?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #255
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
You are guilty of those two things - acting like what you like is the best thing in the world and you shit on everything that you don't like as being objectively bad. Acknowledge it so we can move on.
so do you man, it's pretty much what we all do here when you think about it

We're a band of degenerate fuck ups. what else would you come to expect?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #256
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
even eulogy was like um you post about school an awful lot which i took as a backhanded way of saying nobody reads this

again not trying to defend anything
hahaha, i mean reprise comes across as a nice person... But sometimes I feel as though shes regarded as a Netphorian treasure or something. It's always been a little puzzling to me and I never wanted to bring it up cause I knew I'd be lambasted with outrage

Old 09-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #257
slunken
Virgo

i kind of feel like, tbh, that what hit parader and rolling stone and nme was to our parents - if we have kids one day - they will be looking at pitchfork and the quietist and self titled with the same derision

i mean in 30 years people will be discovering music from now that nobody paid much attention to and going "that's because those outlets were only featuring mainstream acts!"

the point being that LUCK is a huge factor in deciding if a band get's popular or not. for every 1 popular band, there are easily 50 who are obejctively better that will die in obscurity until (hopefully) the reissues come out and even then it won't be much money

there is nothing new happening here that hasn't been happening since american rock and roll took off in the 50s. nothing.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #258
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
]We're a band of degenerate fuck ups. what else would you come to expect?
No, you're a degenerate fuckup. I have a job, social skills, an education and a future. You have what? A gambling system that will make you rich off the NBA?

Old 09-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #259
fuzzyroes
Banned

I've got a job, social skills, future. Stop trying to belittle me with your inaccurate narrative

Old 09-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #260
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
the point being that LUCK is a huge factor in deciding if a band get's popular or not.
I agree with you completely... It's how every older generation bitches about the new music... I just think it's more extreme nowadays cause the music industry is dead so finding popular quality music is more of a rarity... It's more "what can you do for me at this moment"... Not "how can this band grow and progress with the public on a 5 album deal".

But I don't think it's luck nowadays... I think it's how much money you have and who you know.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #261
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I've got a job, social skills, future. Stop trying to belittle me with your inaccurate narrative
a betting system is not a future.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #262
slunken
Virgo

i think when lenny kravitz sang "rock and roll is dead" he was really commenting on society

Old 09-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #263
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
No, you're a degenerate fuckup. You have what? A gambling system that will make you rich off the NBA?
Quote:
That you're so immature that you have do demote someone else's enjoyment of a thing to validate yourself is just really fucking sad man.
this is why i wanted to get involved.

fuzzy may be objectively "wrong" but there's no need to lay into someone like that. fuzzy's heart is in the right place, as misguided as it may be.

just my two cents. i'm just afraid of and i don't want you or anyone else to read this and go "oh now he's shitting on SJ and defending fuzzy". not the case at all. i just don't think the personal attacks help your POV

Old 09-07-2015, 08:47 PM   #264
slunken
Virgo

i don't even know how this started like i mentioned i've been skimming here and there all weekend

but like take the elph goth thread and please blast away by all means get personal because that's about him

Old 09-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #265
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
this is why i wanted to get involved.

fuzzy may be objectively "wrong" but there's no need to lay into someone like that. fuzzy's heart is in the right place, as misguided as it may be.

just my two cents. i'm just afraid of and i don't want you or anyone else to read this and go "oh now he's shitting on SJ and defending fuzzy". not the case at all. i just don't think the personal attacks help your POV
The first one was a personal swipe, but I don't think it's out of line to call him out for demoting the enjoyment other people get out of music as being less real than his own.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #266
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, to be honest, i kinda forget what me and SJ are even arguing about... I made a crack at bloggers or something and it turned into a big debate.. I'm probably wrong to an extent, but it's how I feel.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #267
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
The first one was a personal swipe, but I don't think it's out of line to call him out for demoting the enjoyment other people get out of music as being less real than his own.
no i totally completely agree i just don't think the personal swipes help your case, from an outsiders perspective. and that one wasn't the first. i think i even repped you (post about rep) about it before.

i just feel like it might make you come off as a bully and i know personally that you're not and that you're better than that. there's no need to get emotional over this and posts like that seem purely emotional.

there's just really nothing to defend here. keep music alive bros.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #268
slunken
Virgo

*puts on two princes*

Old 09-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #269
fuzzyroes
Banned

yeah I'm pretty sure if me and SJ were from the same neighborhood that we would more or less get along. It's the debating and stuff that makes internet conversing entertaining though, just no reason to be personally insulting

Old 09-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #270
Shallowed
Braindead

Fuzzy is a colossal moron, I don't care who knows.