Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #61
Tumora
Pledge

I love that quote about him not making a successful album since prior to the 21st century...how sadly/strangely true. Anyways, Being Beige was actually pretty cool so I'm looking forward to this new album.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:34 AM   #62
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

PRE-ORDER: Exclusive "MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY" VINYL + TEA PACKAGE NOW!

November 3, 2014

http://i59.tinypic.com/2crskd3.jpg

PRE-ORDER: Exclusive Lime-Green "MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY" Vinyl, Autographed and Numbered by BILLY CORGAN + 3 Hand Curated Rare Teas (only 1000 editions available) 12/9

A LIMITED EDITION 'MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY' + FREE AUTOGRAPH BY BILLY CORGAN + THREE UNIQUE RARE TEAS CURATED BY THE RARE TEA CELLAR.

Madame ZuZu's is excited to offer the upcoming Smashing Pumpkins album "MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY." Hand numbered and signed by Billy Corgan, this deluxe package will include the ONLY colored-edition print of this album; an EXCLUSIVE to Zuzu's that won't be found anywhere else. Limited to a press of 1000 (copies 1-1000) on lime-green, 180gram gatefold VINYL.

Each package includes:

1 Exclusive "Monuments to an Elegy": lime-green 180gram vinyl (hand numbered 1-1000 + free autograph by Billy Corgan) $29.99

Three hand selected Madame ZuZu's teas by Rodrick Markus (Each tea packaged in 1/8lbs bags) $49.99

ALL SALES FINAL (Album release date: December 9th)

http://www.madamezuzus.com/home/2014...ea-package-now

bargain!

Old 11-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #63
Cool As Ice Cream

also, when you try to order this, this comes up:
Quote:
PLEASE READ:

MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY NOTICE *

Each edition of "Monuments to an Elegy" will be hand numbered and autographed by Billy Corgan.
  • I understand that my order will not be personalized.
  • I understand that all sales are final. No returns, exchanges or refunds on the exclusive "Monuments to an Elegy" vinyl + rare tea package.
  • I understand that minor delays can occur (though not expected) and that shipping may be within 7 days of release date.
i wonder how many complaints they've received about previous zuzu's "exclusives".

how much will this be delayed? i'm guessing a month.
what do you think?

Old 11-04-2014, 05:28 AM   #64
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I think for ordering a single LP for more than 400% of the standard price, just to get Being Beige in lime color, people deserve to wait until 2015. And get stoned to death.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #65
Cool As Ice Cream

i agree. this is such a rip-off. shameless, really.

even if i considered paying $80 for a limited release on coloured vinyl, i'd still have to add shipping ($25-ish) and import taxes (€30-ish).
luckily, that $80 for a record is already so ridiculous, i'm nowhere near considering it. phew. thank god for unique rare teas.

and they're planning to sign a couple of the reissues on vinyl, and sell those through zuzu's webshop too.
how hard is business at zuzu's? i bet they would've been bankrupt a long time ago without the "success" of aegea.

Last edited by Cool As Ice Cream : 11-04-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:46 AM   #66
Cool As Ice Cream

does anyone even care about three overpriced bags of "rare" tea? i'd probably bin them. fuck tea.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #67
fuzzyroes
Banned

A limited edition vinyl signed by Corgan for only 29.99? That actually sounds like a damn good deal to me

Old 11-04-2014, 05:55 AM   #68
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i agree. this is such a rip-off. shameless, really.

even if i considered paying $80 for a limited release on coloured vinyl, i'd still have to add shipping ($25-ish) and import taxes (€30-ish).
luckily, that $80 for a record is already so ridiculous, i'm nowhere near considering it
it is shameless.

first the shipping deal ZuZu's has is ridiculous. Yea thanks this is 2014 and anywhere outside the US you end up paying more for shipping and taxes than the LP costs.

second, I don't appreciate LPs being thrown over the counter as gimmicks to the product you're actually trying to sell. If I want that I'll go to the next gas station and get my supermarket album with a car wash. He should whine about phone sales compared to album sales some more, while trying to get rid of his teahouse stuff.

third, limited to 1000. Big whoop, for this album? What a collectible.

As potential SP brand custumer I can only count to three, so next: this signature business. Standard 2014 scrawls are worthless. Both in terms of collectable worth and in terms of personal value. It has literally no value, besides ruining the cover.

Next, all other SP vinyl releases, signed, through the teashop. Yes please scrawl Billy Corgan SP 2014 all over Siamese Dream, like it's a god damn BC solo record. Album or band history? Rewritten "SP was always more of a concept than a band."

And since that's not enough for a salesman, they added packages on pledgemusic. So with the LP you can pay another $40 for a MTAE shirt designed by a fashion student. Thanks, in case I could have forgotten that the musical content of this release matters jackshit, I'm reminded of it through every purchase option.

And the worst part is that SP "consumers" apparently failed math and common sense, and fall for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
A limited edition vinyl signed by Corgan for only 29.99? That actually sounds like a damn good deal to me

Last edited by pavementtune : 11-04-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #69
fuzzyroes
Banned

Who cares? So the guys trying to get some business for his tea shop, what's the big deal?

I'd rather support his tea shop than buy the album at Walmart or wherever the fuck one buys cd's these days.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #70
pavementtune

we are talking about a single LP you can regularly buy for 25 or for 95 through his teashop. Please support that, it makes perfect sense. The special edition vinyl is gluten-free and vegan, the ones at the record store aren't. Easy decision.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #71
fuzzyroes
Banned

I thought the signed vinyl is 29.99?

I realize shipping plays a factor, and if you're overseas then it's gonna be a significant amount, but I hardly think Corgans trying to pull a fast one on people. He's just trying to earn some income for his likely failing business.

Give the guy a break

Old 11-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #72
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

sometimes, when i read about things like "Monuments to an Elegy: Madame Zuzu's Million Dollar Edition" i wonder, if even a lot of the hardcore fans are makin jokes about it, who the fuck is actually gettin these? what's the target audience?

then i think of those two girls that presented billy with a cheese sculpture of his head in If All Goes Wrong

& Linda Strawberry, i guess there's always her

Old 11-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #73
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I thought the signed vinyl is 29.99?
nope, you have to pay another 50 for 3 teabags, it's a package
Quote:
I realize shipping plays a factor, and if you're overseas then it's gonna be a significant amount, but I hardly think Corgans trying to pull a fast one on people. He's just trying to earn some income for his likely failing business.
why should I support a halfassed not music related business that's rightfully failing, because it's halfassed? I'd rather support record stores
Quote:
Give the guy a break
why? other businesses don't get a break either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
who the fuck is actually gettin these? what's the target audience?
whoever the target is, there are fewer than they calculated. with aegea 500 copies sold out in under an hour. this time, despite several announcements and hype like "pre-sale going live in 60 minutes!!!" a new actual SP album hasn't managed to sell Aegea x 2 in 24 hours. Miscalculated target consumers.

Last edited by pavementtune : 11-04-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #74
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

if i really liked monuments though, i probably would look into that 80 edition

why not drink a tea that was interlinked to an album i liked? (jesus, lol)

who knows, in two months i could be buying up all the mac & cheese products my local grocer has to offer, building shrines to bc and Shredder galore

Old 11-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #75
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
sometimes, when i read about things like "Monuments to an Elegy: Madame Zuzu's Million Dollar Edition" i wonder, if even a lot of the hardcore fans are makin jokes about it, who the fuck is actually gettin these? what's the target audience?

then i think of those two girls that presented billy with a cheese sculpture of his head in If All Goes Wrong

& Linda Strawberry, i guess there's always her
It's the Monte, Juliana, Gliterlips sect of the fan-base that just eats this shit up

Old 11-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #76
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
sometimes, when i read about things like "Monuments to an Elegy: Madame Zuzu's Million Dollar Edition" i wonder, if even a lot of the hardcore fans are makin jokes about it, who the fuck is actually gettin these?
well, not that many people.
it's a limited release, and it's still not sold out. (i think they'll get there in a day or two, but clearly, they shouldn't have tried 2,000. that would've been too high.)

Old 11-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #77
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
nope, you have to pay another 50 for 3 teabags, it's a package
why should I support a halfassed not music related business that's rightfully failing, because it's halfassed? I'd rather support record stores

why? other businesses don't get a break either.
Ohhhhhh. Now I get it. Yeah... That is pretty lame. We all know hes taken a likening to using his songs to sell product though, so it's not entirely surprising. The guy already whored Today out to help recruit people to sign up for a Visa credit card, so I guess this isn't quite as bad.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #78
Cool As Ice Cream

1000 copies. this means they'll get 30k for the albums, shift 50k of tea they'd never sell otherwise, and probably make some extra profit on the outrageous shipping.

50k of tea. that should keep his teahouse going for a bit longer.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #79
pavementtune

yep. not really familiar with IL business laws, but running a shop and food business in the red for the third year isn't easy.
So these 50k plus what they make last minute with Christmas packages and other signed LPs get dated back to 2014 ,which is technically the second year, and you keep your license, something along those lines would be my guess.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #80
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

well, there is something charming about it that goes beyond any sorta shallow "marketeering" business or whatever; it mostly rides on the quality of the album

it's a more extreme & edible version of the obelisk (god bless it) i guess
but will it be worthy of the teargarden title is the question that remains, & intimidates
I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 AM   #81
Cool As Ice Cream

the obelisk wasn't $50.

and it has got nothing to do with the quality of the album: nobody has heard the album. you have to buy it blind. (just like aegea.)
the only reason people will buy it, is because it's coloured vinyl, it's limited, it's signed and/or it's numbered. they're milking the collectors.
nobody will say, "ooh! rare teas! i don't really want the album, but i don't mind paying $30 for rare teas. bring it on!"

Old 11-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #82
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i meant whether it holds together or not, not how tempted people are to pre-order

i know that would seem obvious but with adore, there was somethin kinda lame about the thing being packaged with tea as an option since it was just an older sp1 release they were remastering, not a new release such as this one where the whole zuzu thing was part of the game and part of this particular album's history; so in a way it kinda makes more sense, but if the album's bad it's just kind of a "fuck you & your tea!" scenario

i'd figured there would still be some available after the december release date, but if i'm wrong and there are a thousand sp fans at the moment willing to buy the whole lot of this stuff before even knowing anything beyond Being Beige i guess that throws it off a bit
I dont need a wige or girl or whatever to feel good. I got my hand and my cock....do feel free to wank yours and after flooding the floor you feel no desire to meet a chick..... try it kids..... make em hard and feel free like u never did before
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel
Hey how are you? If she’s serious and not just playing just tell her to email me so I can touch base with her. My email is on the origin page

Old 11-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #83
Cool As Ice Cream

so you feel that the new sp albums are linked to the teashop? and the teashop is part of the albums?
huh? i'm not following you there.

i'm sure there will be plenty of records available of the new album. it's only the coloured vinyl that's limited to 1,000 copies, and exclusive to the teashop.
the black vinyl will be everywhere. well, not everywhere. i can imagine a lot of shops won't bother trying to sell it. a sensible move.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #84
T&T
Socialphobic

Since billy has a wrestler called "Beige Banger" and that song is clearly about him, I'm not surprised if he also has songs related to other business ventures - the tea shop.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #85
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Judging by what Billy has said in recent interviews, this is his business plan for zuzus; he's going to milk zealous SP fans to keep his shop running. I got shit on for being skeptical and against this business model of his when he first started selling vinyls and CDs through his shop, granted it was fairly innocuous at the time but I knew where it was heading. It was only a matter of time before they would decide to leap to this current model of specifically targeting his fans with reissues and limited edition SP releases with extortionist pricing. I think it's a sleazy business model that doesn't have any longevity. Keeping a shop running that seems to be solely surviving on SP fans isn't going to last forever, even average SP fans will get over the novelty of it eventually. He either needs to change his business model and hire competent people to run it or he needs to learn when to let go. He has done a complete 180 since opening shop (he didn't want it to focus on him, it was supposed to be about the community) and it still hasn't put him in the black.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #86
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Ein von @montelds gepostetes Video am

wow
wtf?

Old 11-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #87
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
wow
wtf?
That video is straight up the most disturbing Monte thing I've ever seen. More than My SP Life.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #88
Cool As Ice Cream

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
That video is straight up the most disturbing Monte thing I've ever seen. More than My SP Life.
you obviously haven't seen much of monty then.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #89
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
you obviously haven't seen much of monty then.
I have. That video was genuinely disturbing.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #90
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
As potential SP brand custumer I can only count to three, so next: this signature business. Standard 2014 scrawls are worthless. Both in terms of collectable worth and in terms of personal value. It has literally no value, besides ruining the cover.
Amen, man. Somehow the fact that he's signing nearly everything that comes out of Zuzu's tea shop nowadays makes me want things without his signature worse than I do want things WITH his signature. I've got BC's signature on items alongside those of James and Jimmy... having his signature by itself on something does zilch for me. In fact, it does less than zilch: it was one of the two contributing factors to me NOT going for this limited edition release.

Obviously, the other is the mandatory $50 of tea. As tempting as that limited edition lime green vinyl is... no thanks, BC. I'll wait and see how the pressing sounds, and if it's a step up from Oceania, then maybe I'll buy it on black wax.