Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #151
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I won't be voting for Biden but he has a less than zero chance of winning Texas anyway
Maybe I’m delusional but Texas can at least be purple and continue to get blue over the next few elections, we need your vote.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #152
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
cool, would you have any arguments for this rad theory? I'm sure you do, surely you're not one for baseless ad hominem?
It's true though. Has anyone been to one of rbg's rallies? Bone-chilling, to say the least.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #153
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Once we ban yo soy, we should really take a hard look at this ninsp guy. Like what does he even stand for? What kind of bands does he like? Could he be any more vague about his defining characteristics?

Old 03-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #154
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I think he likes Living Colour and Fishbone, but I can't be sure.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #155
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Maybe I’m delusional but Texas can at least be purple and continue to get blue over the next few elections, we need your vote.
I think it will probably go blue soon, who knows, but I do know Joe Biden is not about to win this state even if every Bernie supporter illegally votes twice

Old 03-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #156
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
I won't be voting for Biden
Big eye roll

Old 03-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #157
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

He doesn't wanna be an American Idiot.

Old 03-05-2020, 02:57 PM   #158
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Big eye roll
it's his vote, wild boy

Old 03-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #159
Elphenor
Braindead

again I would be if I lived in Florida like I did in 2016 when I voted for Hillary

or anywhere I felt my vote was important

Old 03-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #160
Elphenor
Braindead

at least we were breaking the Glass Ceiling, I was ultimately very excited about Hillary even if she wasn't my first choice

Biden has nothing but lying about being arrested trying to see Nelson Mandela lying about having Obama's support

a real "I'm not Trump" guy...and nothing else

administrate Deez nuts

Old 03-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #161
yo soy el mejor

Cornpop was a bad dude!

Old 03-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #162
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
again I would be if I lived in Florida like I did in 2016 when I voted for Hillary

or anywhere I felt my vote was important
In the same vein, if cornered by a 10-foot grizzly bear, I would not fight back, as it would make little difference

Old 03-05-2020, 03:58 PM   #163
FoolofaTook

Old 03-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #164
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Trump is going to murder Biden on NAFTA in the same rust belt states where he murdered Clinton.

I'm also extremely concerned about his mental health. Like I feel bad for him. The DNC injected a mixture of methamphetamine and liquid cash directly into his taint, scraped him off of his retirement Lazy Boy, and commanded him to beat the pinko commie bastard threatening to take over the party. And his mind is rapidly deteriorating. Can you imagine what's going to happen when he's debating Trump and has a brain fart about what planet he's on or what his name is? Trump gets away with it because being a moron is his selling point, and he can play off his bouts with dementia as "Trump being Trump". His supporters only require that he do and say outlandish things. It's going to be a slaughter.

No more "Sleepy Joe". It's gonna be "Alzheimer's Joe".

Old 03-05-2020, 04:51 PM   #165
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 03-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #166
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
I won't be voting for Biden but he has a less than zero chance of winning Texas anyway

Personally, if I lived in a swing state I would feel obligated to vote against Trump because of issues that can hurt other people although Bernie is the only candidate offering anything that makes my life better
Sigh

The average margin between the two in Texas is 2.6 points

I wish people would stop just making statements with no basis in data or fact.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #167
redbreegull

Hey man the parties are the same my vote doesn’t matter this is a republic not a democracy actually

Old 03-07-2020, 08:50 PM   #168
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Bernie made the mistake of treating the voter like a adult. An adult who could discern an honest politician from the usual BS

Old 03-07-2020, 09:44 PM   #169
buzzard
Minion of Satan

One must know their electorate, I'm afraid.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:31 AM   #170
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...erent-n2563829

jfc

Last edited by killtrocity : 03-09-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Old 03-09-2020, 05:40 AM   #171
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i hope you are jfc-ing at how out of context all that shit is. everyone does spoonerisms

Old 03-09-2020, 07:08 AM   #172
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

is this a site that the omega concern first brought up or something

Old 03-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #173
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i hope you are jfc-ing at how out of context all that shit is. everyone does spoonerisms
Well, he's been doin' an awful lot of them, throughout his whole campaign, and his people have turned quite a lot of (maybe all?) sit-down interviews on the networks for him. And while most of the candidates did plenty of all-day campaigning, he always stops in the afternoon.

If you bring up footage even from just the last election, he is completely coherent. This is a new thing. It's a little worrying, and Trump and Fox News are already needling him about it. If he's the candidate, it's going to be a major talking point, whether it's accurate or not.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #174
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I agree people will bring it up but Trump is no better, he often makes no sense in addition to being a liar (of course).

Old 03-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #175
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Thumbs up

Oh for sure, Trumps's a major dumbass and there are plenty of rumors that his people all know he's got dementia himself

It's just that his supporters don't care, but will gleefully pounce on Uncle Joe for the same thing

Old 03-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #176
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Smile

And that's because we're in Hell!

Old 03-09-2020, 12:20 PM   #177
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Arrow

Quote:
Yeah so the video cuts off after he says "we can only elect Donald Trump", but the rest of it is just as bad.

What about this shit:

https://www.theboisetimes.com/post/j...ise-fundraiser

I love those Iowa potatoes! Fuck I mean OHIO potatoes!

It's dumb shit, and it shouldn't matter in the age of Trump, but it does. Like I have faith that Biden will actually appoint qualified, competent people, even if he doesn't know where he is. But it's completely pathetic that out of 20 candidates, THIS is what we got. Simply because the average voter only recognized the Biden name.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #178
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
I agree people will bring it up but Trump is no better, he often makes no sense in addition to being a liar (of course).
"I'm not Trump" didn't work in 2016. I don't know why people think it will work in 2020. His people still think he's Jesus Christ. They think he's leading the crusade against the liberal pedophile elite or whatever Hannity and their pastors are telling them.

If "Trump is no better" is the best we can do, then we are truly fucked. Biden is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Trump. But so was Hillary Clinton, and it didn't work, so maybe instead of repeatedly throwing these lame ass centrists at the wall every few years we should motivate the base like Obama did, and quit appealing to the center. If history is any indication, appealing to the center is a great way to lose elections and keep handing Republicans more power.

Do you think Democratic voter turnout is going to be higher than it was in 2016? It's an exceptionally low bar, but I'm not convinced that it will be.

Do you think Trump's people are abandoning ship in significant numbers? I'm sorry but they're largely doubling down.

"Pick our old white guy with dementia instead of theirs" is a terrible strategy. If you're into that, Donald Trump is Classic Coke. Biden is the Safeway Select or Everyday Essentials generic knockoff version of old outlandish white guy with dementia. If the goal of the DNC was to lose this election, they couldn't do a better job. This is marketing 101.And I fucking hate marketing.

Last edited by killtrocity : 03-09-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:03 PM   #179
redbreegull

The "we don't need to appeal to the center" argument is insane. Most Democrats are NOT progressive. I think the progressive internet echo chamber forgets this. One problem is that the parties have changed in different ways, and the GOP no longer has to appeal to the center. The Dems do. We mostly only talk to people who think similarly to ourselves, but like the point my dad was trying to make, leftist candidates have historically done abysmally in the US for all kinds of offices. So saying that the lesson of history is don't appeal to the center is nuts to me.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #180
redbreegull

It would also be astonishing if turnout were as low as 2016. That would mean the 2018 backlash wasn't a backlash but an anomaly