Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #121
slunken
Virgo

so we're still speculating on the era of release then? i think it's earlier than mcis for sure

Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #122
slunken
Virgo

id guess 91-92

Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #123
slunken
Virgo

guitar sounds blocky and choppy and a bit sloppy and the vocal inflections have that cat-with-a-mouth-full-of-food effect found in, say, acoustic version of blue from that period.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #124
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
guitar sounds blocky and choppy and a bit sloppy and the vocal inflections have that cat-with-a-mouth-full-of-food effect found in, say, acoustic version of blue from that period.
Yeah could be. Now that I listen to it again it sounds like it belongs on PI, which makes more sense.

At this point a song this far along in the demo/writing process from the MCIS era would surprise me. We have so much stuff from that period. We even know what songs he was writing and threw away in that period.

If it's from Gish or SD the real question is why didn't they use this on the reissues.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #125
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If it's from Gish or SD the real question is why didn't they use this on the reissues.
with all the talk of the sprc recently i was thinking of it as one of those releases - which i'm still not sure how sprc is supposed to coincide (if at all) with the reissues

Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #126
slunken
Virgo

who do you guys think is playing slide - billy or james

Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #127
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
with all the talk of the sprc recently i was thinking of it as one of those releases - which i'm still not sure how sprc is supposed to coincide (if at all) with the reissues
I think SPRC is just going to be Billys hype machine for the reissues. He is going to throw up a few free demos every time he is ready to put something out. I don't buy this live shows from the archive stuff at all. He gave us the same exact line about figuring pricing models in 2002. Hell some of this the Lucky 13 stuff reminds of when he started leaking crap in 2000. It's always overly complicated and nothing happens.

We'll get the reissues and maybe one or two live albums. If he manages to keep on track somehow. He never finishes a project and he is in the middle of and falling behind in 3 different projects right now.

The album is delayed going on 8 months, the next reissue is now a month late. He is still working Teargarden, now live shows on top of that?!? It's not only different projects they are all multi year grand concepts. Oh and teahouse on top of everything.

The guy is going to drop the ball on something.

I hope I'm wrong but it's like Lucy pulling the football out from under Charlie Brown, every time you think it will have a different outcome.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #128
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

quoteThe album is delayed going on 8 months, the next reissue is now a month late. He is still working Teargarden, now live shows on top of that?!? It's not only different projects they are all multi year grand concepts. Oh and teahouse on top of everything.

guy is manic and listening to hippies and alex jones for moral compass what can you do

Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #129
Rocket Launcher
Apocalyptic Poster

pretty song. instrumentation-wise, it reminds me of meladori magpie, using those slides. with the 5000 piece pressing, this flexi will become sought after.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #130
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I think it wouldn't work in the reissues because contextually it wouldn't fit as well.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #131
rottenugly
Banned

I'm not even getting the MCIS/Adore/Machina I and II remasters.

They're going to edit the fuck out of the songs, just look at the SD reissue, wasn't that reissue like 10 seconds shorter than the original 1993 release?

Old 05-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #132
rottenugly
Banned

The only thing I wanna know is if the MCIS vinyl reissue is gonna be DMM like the original pressing.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #133
slunken
Virgo

oh my god i fucking love DMM

Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #134
rottenugly
Banned

Me too. I think I have a DMM copy of Tracy Chapman's first album and it sounds amazing...

Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #135
slunken
Virgo

haha fuck you

Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #136
slunken
Virgo

http://lparchive.org/Chrono-Trigger-...ot-iceburn.gif

Old 05-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #137
slunken
Virgo

http://tinyurl.com/786ohxs

Old 05-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #138
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
I think it wouldn't work in the reissues because contextually it wouldn't fit as well.
how do you figure? if it's from SD-era than it obviously should be on either SD or PI bonus disc.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #139
Rider
Minion of Satan

The only thing I can think of is he held back stuff that would fit on PI so that he could have stuff to put on PI.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #140
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Yeah this statement doesn't make any sense at all

Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #141
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Yeah this statement doesn't make any sense at all
Well it actually makes sense in the context of SP. It's the kind of stupid thing Billy would do for reasons that only makes sense to him.

Kind of like how he refused to record the really good Zwan material for a variety of reasons.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #142
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Is there anyone who ordered this who hasn't gotten it yet? Mine hasn't shown up.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #143
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
Is there anyone who ordered this who hasn't gotten it yet? Mine hasn't shown up.
there's a tracking number if you look at your email

Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #144
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post
how do you figure? if it's from SD-era than it obviously should be on either SD or PI bonus disc.
As a hard core fan you think differently than a fan who casually listens to the Pumpkins. I am not sure this song fits what they did with the 2nd disc of the SD reissues.

If you were to put Blissed on the 2nd disc of the SD reissues what song would you remove?

A track like Blissed would most likely be best received from SPRC online release at some point, but not in a mainstream release like the SD reissues.

As for PI, I think that release is more for the hard core fan. And unreleased songs will come out on the PI reissue such as “Translucent” & “There it Goes” . And I believe those are better songs than Blissed.

Last edited by MonteLDS : 05-06-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #145
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster

what

Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #146
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

for all I know that sentiment of Monte's could be profound as fuck, but his command of the English language is looser than nimrod's mother and I can't understand fuck of what he means

song is nice. The slide style is buzzy and sloppy, just like on Meladori Magpie, so it's definitely Billy. It's funny that he's such a virtuosic player but slide is one thing he never got proficient at (judging by the few recordings of it). It's endearing this way though. Good to hear something totally new. Wish the quality were better

Old 05-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #147
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
song is nice. The slide style is buzzy and sloppy, just like on Meladori Magpie, so it's definitely Billy. It's funny that he's such a virtuosic player but slide is one thing he never got proficient at (judging by the few recordings of it). It's endearing this way though. Good to hear something totally new. Wish the quality were better
Agreed on all fronts. It's a surprisingly cool little song. I'm sure ol' Monte will get to the bottom of it's origins/back history/et. al. soon.

On the quality note - I'd reckon it will show up somewhere soon on CD or in a lossless format... but in the meantime, does anybody have a lossless rip of the flexi? That might be a ridiculous question, but figured I'd ask.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #148
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
As a hard core fan you think differently than a fan who casually listens to the Pumpkins. I am not sure this song fits what they did with the 2nd disc of the SD reissues.

If you were to put Blissed on the 2nd disc of the SD reissues what song would you remove?

A track like Blissed would most likely be best received from SPRC online release at some point, but not in a mainstream release like the SD reissues.

As for PI, I think that release is more for the hard core fan. And unreleased songs will come out on the PI reissue such as “Translucent” & “There it Goes” . And I believe those are better songs than Blissed.
Personally, as it is a decent original song I'd take it over Never Let Me Down (as it is a cover) or most of the alternate takes of songs that already made it on an album. Of those, i actually preferred the instrumental takes (like F&B). Also as most of us instantly recognized what period it is likely from, then i'd say that shows right there that it would have fit perfectly.

I doubt whether the casual fan will be buying the reissues because of the bonus disks anyhow.

Good to hear those songs will be making it on PI though. Hm, There it Goes was recording in '88, so presumably this makes all pre-Gish material eligible for inclusion? whatever, i would certainly like to hear cleaned-up versions of She Says and Tulips on CD2.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #149
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
would definitely love a nice FLAC rip from someone with a proper setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Sack Face View Post
If anybody has some FLAX I could use it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
does anybody have a lossless rip of the flexi?
i wouldn't call my setup proper at all, and i haven't got much experience transferring audio from a record player, but here's a flac rip: http://www.mediafire.com/?frolhnt5fgh0l2q

feedback is welcome, even if you think it's shit.

edit: mp3 of same rip: http://www.mediafire.com/?d9xgouty6u9laj1

Last edited by Cool As Ice Cream : 05-09-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #150
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Thank you! Much cleaner, I can actually repeatedly listen to this rip.