Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy. He quickly downplays her role in the band’s creative process. “Her role was to contribute to the aesthetic vision,” he says. “She obviously would play when we would play and when we rehearsed and made decisions about songs. So. So let’s call it ‘Phase One’: These are the songs. This is what we’re going to do. After that, most times she wouldn’t even be there because it was just understood she couldn’t play to the level. ...” He pauses, looks down in annoyance, and adds, “Ugh, don’t print that because it will just start the circus all over again.”

Old 11-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #32
dustrocck
Demi-God

I can't believe he drives a white Escalade. Barf.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #33
DaveKShape
Ownz

Do you think Billy has ever said "I was wrong" once in his life?

Old 11-15-2018, 06:26 PM   #34
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vEInzwdnGOQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Old 11-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #35
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Baller

Old 11-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #36
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrocck View Post
I can't believe he drives a white Escalade. Barf.
A very Trumpian choice of vehicle.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #37
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

gotta have somethin' for Mr Choo Choo to play his Backseat Scrabble in comfortably

Old 11-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #38
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

A fresh angle for a journalist to take on the Pumpkins would be a combination of "how does Billy Corgan feel about his relationship with his audience and the press" and "can he comment on why D'arcy isn't here"

Old 11-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #39
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

What I don't get is why nobody who has interviewed Billy has directly quoted the text messages to him. Every interview with him the interviewers just vaguely ask him about why she's not there. The way we can get closer to the truth is for Billy to actually walk through the timeline and communication with D'arcy, like she herself did to share her side. What happened between discussions about financial splits (and D'arcy not being happy with Billy changing what he'd originally said) and him giving her the guest role offer? Did he not like the way she was negotiating, and that's what really led to his minimal offer?

His guest role pitch like Steven Adler was a bad one too, because Adler performed great, but they never offered him an increased role, so he got pissed off and cut ties with GNR again. Adler also barely got paid anything, so D'arcy as well would have probably gotten a minimal offer compared to what James and Jimmy were getting, which was already less than she had expected.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #40
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

If this "new band harmony" produces garbage like Oh So Shitty and Bright, then they need some drama.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #41
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy would never sit there and let someone quote the text messages to him, are you kidding? He'd lose his fucking mind and end the interview immediately on grounds of not being respected.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #42
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Billy would never sit there and let someone quote the text messages to him, are you kidding? He'd lose his fucking mind and end the interview immediately on grounds of not being respected.
But they're out there, it's like Wikileaks. Even to paraphrase some of their conversations to him as questions would make total sense. We got D'arcy's commentary on the conversation, but not his. I'd be genuinely interested in what he had to say.

All of the texts are related to a business negotiation as well, it's not like it's Billy and D'arcy talking about something super personal Billy was going through.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #43
emilem
Demi-God

there's most likely a paper to sign with what you can and cannot ask. that's why everyone dances around d'arcy subject so much.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:06 PM   #44
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

"A well-filtered photo and a couple interviews with third-tier websites does not a touring musician under 2018 rules make."

So we should better trust the mostly unfiltered photo, his buddy Mancow Muller had posted.

And Corgan would only have seen D'arcy to be contributing for the tour.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:08 PM   #45
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
"A well-filtered photo and a couple interviews with third-tier websites does not a touring musician under 2018 rules make."

So we should better trust the mostly unfiltered photo, his buddy Mancow Muller had posted.

And Corgan would only have seen D'arcy to be contributing for the tour.
He's full of it regarding that, because D'arcy sent me a brand new photo of herself to post (with no makeup on) as part of her response to the Mancow crap. No makeup and no filter.

https://www.alternativenation.net/sm...aulted-by-man/

Old 11-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #46
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

https://www.alternativenation.net/wp...bruary2018.jpg

"well-filtered"

Old 11-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #47
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilem View Post
there's most likely a paper to sign with what you can and cannot ask. that's why everyone dances around d'arcy subject so much.
Fun, true story:

Long ago, my cousin's fiance used to work at a radio station, and he got to interview Billy. One of my cousin's fiance's superiors sort of had it in for him and was a bit jealous he didn't get the interview, so he fed him some interview questions meant to be read. So of course, he sits down with Billy, and the first question he asks, read from the sheet provided:

"So Billy, what kind of razors do you use to shave your head"?

Billy hops and says "THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER! GET THIS FUCKIN GUY OUTTA HERE."

And that was that.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #48
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Fun, true story:

Long ago, my cousin's fiance used to work at a radio station, and he got to interview Billy. One of my cousin's fiance's superiors sort of had it in for him and was a bit jealous he didn't get the interview, so he fed him some interview questions meant to be read. So of course, he sits down with Billy, and the first question he asks, read from the sheet provided:

"So Billy, what kind of razors do you use to shave your head"?

Billy hops and says "THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER! GET THIS FUCKIN GUY OUTTA HERE."

And that was that.
This story sounds dubious.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:59 PM   #49
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
A very Trumpian choice of vehicle.
Why are all of your posts about trump

Old 11-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #50
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by great poster View Post
Why are all of your posts about trump
The post immediately above your post is not about Trump

Old 11-16-2018, 12:09 AM   #51
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

This quote from the interview was the first time I've ever known him to acknowledge that Pumpkins 2.0 was, in his mind, never as good as Pumpkins 1.0, just like most fans have always said:

"Because, of course, at times I had to rationalize it like, ‘Well, this is just as good,’ or ‘It’s just as good but in a different way.’ Or ‘I’m trying to move on with my life. Everybody else should move on.’ Whatever you say to just get yourself down the road."

Thus, the truth comes out: the guy has been all talk for some time now. It's never been "the best lineup we've ever had!" nor "the best music we've ever been making!" He only claimed that over the years to lie to himself so that he didn't lose his mind over losing the original lineup. Finally, straight from his mouth.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:05 AM   #52
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
The post immediately above your post is not about Trump
but this one was

Old 11-16-2018, 02:12 AM   #53
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by great poster View Post
but this one was
You said "Why are all of your posts about trump". All means "every". You're not the brightest sandwich in the drawer.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:17 AM   #54
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
You said "Why are all of your posts about trump". All means "every". You're not the brightest sandwich in the drawer.
sandwiches aren't stored in drawers and you got trolled by a sniper

Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 AM   #55
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

also, i don't read anymore interviews of this lunatic anymore. i've heard all the bullshit before. it's a tired narrative

Old 11-16-2018, 02:33 AM   #56
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

I watched the Joe Rogan Billy Corgan interview a while back, and I felt like I got caught up to speed on his views. Every subsequent interview has been more of the same, self important bullshit.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:34 AM   #57
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
sandwiches aren't stored in drawers and you got trolled by a sniper
trolls don't use snipers. Ugh, you people.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #58
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
This story sounds dubious.
You can either choose to believe, or not.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #59
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
When the topic turns to the bassist, Corgan becomes uneasy. He quickly downplays her role in the band’s creative process. “Her role was to contribute to the aesthetic vision,” he says. “She obviously would play when we would play and when we rehearsed and made decisions about songs. So. So let’s call it ‘Phase One’: These are the songs. This is what we’re going to do. After that, most times she wouldn’t even be there because it was just understood she couldn’t play to the level. ...” He pauses, looks down in annoyance, and adds, “Ugh, don’t print that because it will just start the circus all over again.”

From there, our conversation went as follows:

I understand that. But it’s to your benefit for fans to fully understand why she’s not involved.

Trust me, I wanted it, too. Look, the bigger beef in the band hierarchy was between me and James. So if I could solve that, then why couldn’t I solve the issue with her? Which were more about her personal issues. Why wouldn’t you go for the win? Get everybody back onstage. Everybody’s happy. You turn the page, and life moves on. Which is why I went out of my way to try to tell her that.

What then, ultimately, spelled the end of her being involved in the band’s future?

When it became obvious that she wasn’t going to be able to do full shows. … “Just come and participate in a limited role, and if you feel comfortable and we feel comfortable then we can expand that role. So there’s no downside and it’s all upside.” But she took a position that it was all or nothing. The press ran with it as a wrestling angle. I get it, I work in wrestling. But in essence the refutation of the argument, which was put on me, is “Why don’t you just let her back in the door?” No, the real refutation of the argument would be she goes out and starts playing again. Isn’t that easiest way to say, “Look, they made the wrong call.” So she’s given all the benefit of the doubt without having to provide any proof. A well-filtered photo and a couple interviews with third-tier websites does not a touring musician under 2018 rules make. And you saw the show. That’s a three-hour-and-15-minute show. That’s hard for anybody to do, much less 50-year-old people with other concerns.
Billy is such an arrogant prick. He just can't help himself. He has to go and take digs at D'arcy's physical appearance, her mental stability, her abilities as a musician and her contributions to the band. Mocking ONE of those things would be dickish enough, but no, good ol' Bill has to take shots at all four. Never change, asshole.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #60
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
Billy is such an arrogant prick. He just can't help himself. He has to go and take digs at D'arcy's physical appearance, her mental stability, her abilities as a musician and her contributions to the band. Mocking ONE of those things would be dickish enough, but no, good ol' Bill has to take shots at all four. Never change, asshole.
And when he insults Alternative Nation it’s on the grounds of them being “third tier” which just translates to how big they are. It’s like when he told Jimmy to go back to driving in a white van forever. Everything with Billy is about status and appearance and being seen as better than others.