Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #31
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

I mean the XYU outtake is on Youtube right now.

You have to go to Youtube, search for "smashing pumpkins xyu" and filter by this week.

Or are instructions directing people to videos on Youtube banned too?

Old 03-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #32
T&T
Socialphobic

I appreciate that I've heard these leaked tracks once
but I have absolutely no need to go back and listen to them again.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #33
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

The Tracer is a keeper.

One and Two is a curio, and one that paints Billy in a bad light.

XYU outtake is a bit meh because we already have enough versions of that song. But the extended jam outtro is pretty cool.

The 2014 leaks were better cuts. Edit: Holy shit I forgot we got a clean demo of Home.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 03-10-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #34
Ram27
dumb

Part of why I'm enjoying these leaks so much is because Billy's pissed about it

Tracer is definitely the coolest one. I hope we get more of the melodic/shoegazy PM bits

Old 03-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #35
brandnewfan
Amish Rake Fighter

Why would Billy leave out The Tracer, In the Arms of Sheep, and the other MCIS leaks we've gotten on the reissue?

Instead of pit mixes, a backwards Pastichio, and the exact same versions of songs that would appear on the very next reissue (TAFH).

Old 03-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #36
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I reckon he didn't have the files anymore, they were stolen. And that's why he's so pissed off.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #37
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I reckon he didn't have the files anymore, they were stolen.
lol
that's not how it works

Old 03-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #38
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I remember he mentioning that before, when explaining why he didn't included' some songs on the reissues. He said that the original tracks got lost, and some of them were edited / cut out of the tape, and full tapes went missing from their cases.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #39
T&T
Socialphobic

that's what happens when you pay paying bottom dollar for his storage archives!

what was the name of the special archive team? Lucky 13? how many peeps were in that? did those clowns get access to the physical archives or was it just 'private club discussions'?

edit, yup, lucky 13
did those guys do anything but send out emails?>

Old 03-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #40
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Posted 4 hours ago on NME, the authority of all authorities of course.

Original Smashing Pumpkins line up say they 'will sue' over leaked old demos

Grunge pioneers threaten action against source of leaked demo tapes

*insert interesting photo choice*

Smashing Pumpkins have released a statement threatening to 'sue' whoever is behind the leak of their old demos, it was announced today (March 10).

The band's original line up - consisting of Billy Corgan, James Iha, D’arcy Wretzky and Jimmy Chamberlin - have claimed that a mystery source has obtained and 'leaked' demos from the band's Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness sessions around 1995, which went on to be one of the group's biggest albums. The tracks in question are 'One and Two' (Penned by Iha) and The Tracer taken from the 'Zero' EP.

According to Alternative Nation (who still have a copy of the original statement even though the original post was deleted from the band's Facebook), which read:

. . . .

Meanwhile Smashing Pumpkins have confirmed details of an acoustic tour this spring.

The band fronted by Billy Corgan will head out on the road in the US this March and April, where they'll be joined by Liz Phair, who will open on all dates. The shows will mark Phair's first US tour in six years.

Also joining the group on the road will be original drummer Jimmy Chamberlin, who was reunited with his former bandmates last year.

The tour is titled the 'In Plainsong' tour and will feature the '90s band playing a stripped-down set, creating "an evening of acoustic based music and electronic soundscapes".

Pitchfork reports that once the tour is finished, Smashing Pumpkins will return to the studio to record the follow up to 2014 album 'Monuments To An Elegy'.

The singer quit Twitter last year and in an interview with Chicago TV personality Jennifer Weigel, he claims the only people who benefit from it are celebrities such as Kim Kardashian.

"What a Kim Kardashian brings to a Twitter is worth more than four hundred people with the same amount of followers," he explained. "So they take what a Kim Kardashian brings to a Twitter. Now in Kim Kardashian’s case, she can turn that and sell cosmetics or a clothing branding or whatever.

"But for people in the middle, I would put people like us, like you and me, in the middle, we don’t get that same exchange. We can’t turn around and get a shoe deal because we are tweeting something. So in essence, Twitter and other social media platforms take and take from something that I build."

Old 03-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #41
Cool As Ice Cream

Old 03-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #42
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

They have to find and prove who leaked them first. Doesn't matter how many "original members" line up, they don't have anybody to sue.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #43
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah but the ever elusive shoe deal?

Old 03-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #44
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Posted 4 hours ago on NME, the authority of all authorities of course.

Original Smashing Pumpkins line up say they 'will sue' over leaked old demos

Smashing Pumpkins have released a statement threatening to 'sue' whoever is behind the leak of their old demos, it was announced today (March 10).

According to Alternative Nation (who still have a copy of the original statement even though the original post was deleted from the band's Facebook), which read:
altnet is one of the biggest and dumbest hacks out there, hurray for NME for citing that source.
that clown can't read and makes a clickbait headline saying the original band "reunites."

so what now, was something new announced today or are they referring to something that got deleted on facebook days ago?
gotta love bored bloggers, well done Corgan, without his fb post 99% people less would have been aware of these songs.

Last edited by pavementtune : 03-10-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #45
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

CAIC, that looks very cloak and dagger. A 1984 classic.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #46
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't understand why everyone is so pissed at Billy and SP for taking legal action against leakers within their own organization. Obviously, as a fan, I love hearing all these unreleased outtakes, but what is the band supposed to do? They're a business.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #47
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
I don't understand why everyone is so pissed at Billy and SP for taking legal action against leakers within their own organization. Obviously, as a fan, I love hearing all these unreleased outtakes, but what is the band supposed to do? They're a business.
I agree with you Grox.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #48
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I'm not pissed, more amused since I have doubts that this is true at all. because again - in 4 years it wasn't possible for them to figure out which SP employee supposedly stole back then, and they felt the need to air their dirty laundry with public posts - twice in 2 years over the same material - talking about cash rewards?

they are a business, indeed, and I don't see a professional business handling theft or internal affairs this way.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #49
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah it's the threatening tone and the cash rewards etc. that loses me.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 03-11-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #50
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
It's just another grievance in a long list of grievances against the band. It's a microcosm of how badly managed everything is these days within SP camp, and how Billy treats the fans.

What are the fans supposed to do when the Corgan scolds them for enjoying music, as he so often does? What's particularly insulting is the line "the Smashing Pumpkins (and yes, the original 4 are unified on such issues)". Many of us deeply, badly want the band to actually be reunited, for artistic, pure musical reasons. But then those words are followed by "will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law".

It's just such a dick move overall, the note. It's written as though we're expected to have any sympathy for the man that has fucked us over many, many times over the past years.

Sure, they can take legal action, that's their right. But don't talk to us like we should disavow the person who's actually making us happy by actually releasing things we want to hear.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #51
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
What's particularly insulting is the line "the Smashing Pumpkins (and yes, the original 4 are unified on such issues)". Many of us deeply, badly want the band to actually be reunited, for artistic, pure musical reasons.
really? supposedly those "fans" exist, okay, only I have the theory that they must be very young or new fans because otherwise, I mean, come on.
It's been 17 years since D'arcy left, I for one don't want - neither badly nor otherwise - to see those 4 on stage together. The reasons for this would be anything BUT musical.

plus - that post was taken down very fast, it's not exactly Billy's fault that people apparently don't understand what LEGALLY UNIFIED means.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #52
TheAeroplane
Demi-God

That's what bothers me about Billy's reaction. This is the kind of shit I would expect from the Backstreet Boys or Nsync or Miley Cyrus or Britney Spears. These were artists that were selected to fulfill a specific concept and appeal to a target market. They didn't even start their own bands. They were designed and thought out way in advance as a business.

Real bands like SP were not created like that. And yes while they obviously want to make money like everyone else, this isn't the main reason for their existence.

I know a few artists who have had their material leaked and didn't give a fuck about it.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #53
T&T
Socialphobic

SP isn't a real band. it's a crappy business still making bank on residuals. There's nothing new or creative coming from this endeavor and it's an insult that billy would invoke "original 4" when we all know how they just hate him and want nothing to do with him. yeah they'll still cash the cheques cause they're probably shitty people too.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #54
FoolofaTook

lol bElly be hitting new lows

he must protect his precious rough draft that never went anywhere and resulted in nothing!

Old 03-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #55
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post

=ART

Old 03-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #56
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

I can see Belly getting mad about tracks like Rite of Spring or Strength in Numbers, those actually have vocals or maybe the Identify demo or some of the Gravity Studios tracks... things like that, that he may one day want to release. But the rest of this stuff is just outtakes of outtakes of outtakes. He's never going to release an instrumental demo of some random outtake or XYU (Take 531). This man will do anything to alienate the last remaining 200 fans he has.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #57
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerospaced View Post
I can see Belly getting mad about ... maybe the Identify demo or some of the Gravity Studios tracks... things like that, that he may one day want to release.
true, but even then - for how many years can you be mad and run in circles over these tracks with no outcome? I mean is this a wrestling story plot, replay number 3?
looking forward to Corgan acting outraged about Envelope Woman in 2018.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #58
GLOWer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerospaced View Post
I can see Belly getting mad about tracks like Rite of Spring or Strength in Numbers, those actually have vocals or maybe the Identify demo or some of the Gravity Studios tracks... things like that, that he may one day want to release. But the rest of this stuff is just outtakes of outtakes of outtakes. He's never going to release an instrumental demo of some random outtake or XYU (Take 531). This man will do anything to alienate the last remaining 200 fans he has.
did Rites and Strength get leaked?

Old 03-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #59
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
true, but even then - for how many years can you be mad and run in circles over these tracks with no outcome? I mean is this a wrestling story plot, replay number 3?
looking forward to Corgan acting outraged about Envelope Woman in 2018.
Well, they are his songs, he can hold on to them until he's 75 years old if he wanted to. Shit like this should tell him though that there is a demand, and that he should stop playing with his cats and actually do something. Instead of taking 10 years to find the best business model and way to release the songs, just fucking have them mastered and pressed himself and sell them on his website, like most bands do.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #60
T&T
Socialphobic

and sell 200 copies?

even I wouldn't pay for these.