Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #121
meatngreet
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
Realistically, I wasn't expecting much different from what happened. I thought he was going to block me without replying; but in hindsight, of course he replied before blocking me.

But anyway, I think I wrote him out of some idealistic belief in people? I don't think he's a psychopath, and it was hard for me to believe that someone like him was beyond help. His life hasn't been an endless highway without exists - he's just missed the opportunity to change course time after time after time.

I felt that taking 10 minutes to write a message was a low price to pay for the chance to get through to him. It didn't work out, and I came out a little wiser about trauma and the effect it has on people's lives. I don't feel blessed he took his time to reply. It just confirmed to me that he probably is beyond help.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:59 PM   #122
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Exclamation

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

A fun moment from last night’s robust Q+A (on my Stories if you are interested). Listen: I love all fans, from all eras, they/you (if you are a fan) gave me an incredible opportunity to be an artist and have a beautiful life. Thank you. I am not unappreciative, but I also in this time of plague a shill or a different person than I’ve always been. The fans I know personally, the OG types are tough, independent, free thinkers and haven’t turned me into a plastic idol without fault. Rather, they encourage my humanity and journey as something they can relate to because we are all imperfect, insecure, and if we love God on a search for a deeper truth. Did you see the newest WSJ article on how interest in pop stars is waning? Gee, wonder why that is? We need real songs and stories from those artists now, more than ever (at least in our lifetime). And which someone like @postmalone can raise so much $ and awareness by using his talent to play some Kurt songs for every generation and connect those who wouldn’t normally be connected. I’m not here to divide, but unite, with one caveat: I’m going to do it in the manner I think best. Now is the time for clarity and tough decisions and real, divinely inspired humanity; where we lift up the real heroes of this world so that we can get back to being our indulgent selves; where arguing about words or context or silly memes is more important than the daily grind of life. Last message I posted was misread by some who took my words as worth worry or that I was voicing some complaint. I have NO complaint. Life is beautiful, I am appreciative and happy, but also concerned for so many things and voicing those things in my own quirky way, based on a lifetime of communication (mostly through a hostile media) is simply to illuminate and entertain. But please trust, as Bob Dylan sang, ‘I threw it all away’ for many a good reason, if only to be FREE as any person can be in this world right now. And that’s what we need more of: free thinkers, free hearts, innovators/dreamers who can build a new, safer world. So yeah, skip the fraud and keep it at the center of cosmic love and consciousness; the frequency of the real I of The Mourning/Radio

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Old 04-27-2020, 12:08 AM   #123
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

fucking hell that's some tasty word salad

Old 04-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #124
trev
charm

well if he makes a point that is completely incoherent, then no one can successfully rebut it.

that seems to be his main strategy.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:31 AM   #125
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

I just want him to sing the old way again.

Old 04-27-2020, 04:14 AM   #126
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
I just want him to sing the old way again.
Blocked.

If you’d said that to his face there’d be “violence”.

Old 04-27-2020, 04:29 AM   #127
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatngreet View Post
That video is literally Bill and Sad Machines.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:48 AM   #128
Kahlo

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

A fun moment from last night’s robust Q+A (on my Stories if you are interested). Listen: I love all fans, from all eras, they/you (if you are a fan) gave me an incredible opportunity to be an artist and have a beautiful life. Thank you. I am not unappreciative, but I also in this time of plague a shill or a different person than I’ve always been. The fans I know personally, the OG types are tough, independent, free thinkers and haven’t turned me into a plastic idol without fault. Rather, they encourage my humanity and journey as something they can relate to because we are all imperfect, insecure, and if we love God on a search for a deeper truth. Did you see the newest WSJ article on how interest in pop stars is waning? Gee, wonder why that is? We need real songs and stories from those artists now, more than ever (at least in our lifetime). And which someone like @postmalone can raise so much $ and awareness by using his talent to play some Kurt songs for every generation and connect those who wouldn’t normally be connected. I’m not here to divide, but unite, with one caveat: I’m going to do it in the manner I think best. Now is the time for clarity and tough decisions and real, divinely inspired humanity; where we lift up the real heroes of this world so that we can get back to being our indulgent selves; where arguing about words or context or silly memes is more important than the daily grind of life. Last message I posted was misread by some who took my words as worth worry or that I was voicing some complaint. I have NO complaint. Life is beautiful, I am appreciative and happy, but also concerned for so many things and voicing those things in my own quirky way, based on a lifetime of communication (mostly through a hostile media) is simply to illuminate and entertain. But please trust, as Bob Dylan sang, ‘I threw it all away’ for many a good reason, if only to be FREE as any person can be in this world right now. And that’s what we need more of: free thinkers, free hearts, innovators/dreamers who can build a new, safer world. So yeah, skip the fraud and keep it at the center of cosmic love and consciousness; the frequency of the real I of The Mourning/Radio. Also Fuckfoolofatook that guy sucks.

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

This was a nice and sincere attempt to reach out to fans. Stop being wankers all of the time and read what he is actually saying. Open your hearts.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #129
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Lumping all popstars as plastic and devoid of talent is classic Billy and still wrong as ever.

But in the same paragraph he says Post Malone who is a popstar is important. So go figure.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:54 PM   #130
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
This was a nice and sincere attempt to reach out to fans. Stop being wankers all of the time and read what he is actually saying. Open your hearts.
that was a good one yeah. those pseudo-shakespearean walls of text are a challenge

Quote:
Now is the time for clarity and tough decisions and real, divinely inspired humanity; where we lift up the real heroes of this world so that we can get back to being our indulgent selves; where arguing about words or context or silly memes is more important than the daily grind of life.
the constant 'real heroes' thing is kinda silly to me. sure doctors save lives and stuff but what's the point of being alive if you can't do fun shit like watch tom brady on sunday night football or sing a song with dave grohl at a gig

Old 04-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #131
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

No, he meant Alex Jones and David Icke.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #132
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev View Post
i think he's writing what he thinks will have an impact politically, and basing it on the context of life on turtle island today.

and that's fair enough, when you are trying to influence others on important issues i don't have a problem with it being obvious or anything.
I don't.

Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood each had overarching themes. rising above Christian fascism and being a stronger person through Nitzchean methods, the shallowness and plasticity of Hollywood life, America's fixation with guns and celebrities. After that, he started running out of ideas. GOAG...tried to draw loose associations between corporate art and Weimar fashion, but wasn't focused. That's about the time he stopped trying to be seriously confontational. Eat Me, Drink Me was basically just about bad relationships.

I'm not saying every album needs a theme, but it's pretty obvious that MM's been coasting on his shock rock persona for a good long while without anything meaningful to say, ever since he brought the name out of retirement after a few years.

Seriously, what is "You say god, I say SAY10" supposed to even mean?

Old 04-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #133
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Stfu. Somebody ban Kahlo pls

Old 04-27-2020, 03:05 PM   #134
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

no one wants Kahlo banned more than Kahlo himself

I know, I read it in a tabloid once

Old 04-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #135
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Stfu. Somebody ban Kahlo pls
I asked Ram27 to ban both Kahlo and myself because I agree with him, this is what I file under kind and sincere.

Ram, swing the hammer!

Old 04-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #136
FoolofaTook

Be careful what you wish for.

There are forces beyond and above Ram. This is all I will say.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #137
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Bill's so hilariously out of touch that he decries pop stars and then in the next sentence praises arguably the biggest male pop star of today.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #138
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 04-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #139
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

wow, redbreegull really let himself go

Old 04-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #140
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

your dad something something

Old 04-27-2020, 05:32 PM   #141
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

sorry, what did you just say about my father? what the fuck dude? you wanna make this personal?

Old 04-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #142
FoolofaTook

fucking amateurs