Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2018, 10:09 PM   #451
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, she's a Trump fan in real life, so it makes sense to incorporate some of her personal views.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:20 PM   #452
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

John Bolton just appointed a chief of stuff who is senior vice president of an anti-Muslim hate group

Old 05-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #453
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Well, she's a Trump fan in real life, so it makes sense to incorporate some of her personal views.
Whereas gender-fluid children have nothing to do with anybody?

Old 05-31-2018, 12:37 AM   #454
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
So Roseanne isn't cool anymore with the liberals any more? She was one of the most vocal feminists during a time where it was very controversial to be one.
that was before she went crazy, apparently

Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 AM   #455
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I really enjoyed the revival and think the critics got it wrong or just didn't give it an honest look because of the Roseanne/Trump connection. As a big fan of the original run, I can admit I was compartmentalizing Roseanne's bullshit so I could keep enjoying the thing I like guilt-free. Really though, good riddance. Shitty behavior like this need not be rewarded, not when you have a president who is doing everything he can to debase the nation on a daily basis.
same here

i thought there were some really questionable moments though, like in that episode where roseanne holds the kid's head under the sink sprayer was pretty

i felt like despite roseanne being pro-maga, anything approaching politics showed her being sympathetic (like Mark's genderfluid stuff) or being the odd one out in the entire family ("you don't hear that on the news, you heard it on fox news")

regardless the show has gone down in quality over the past few episodes anyway, they really are trying to wrap up these "life lesson" episodes and it kinda worked with the mark episode but with the muslim family and dan hiring 'illegals' it did not. not topics that can be wrapped up in 20 minute episodes which would be totally fine if they didn't try to make themselves do it

Old 05-31-2018, 02:36 AM   #456
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Take that, establishment!

Old 05-31-2018, 02:41 AM   #457
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Trumps a tool. Guys absolutely loaded, one of the most popular reality show stars of his time- It's clear that the guy could meet some of the most awesome women in the world but he chooses to meet Kim Kardashian just for the publicity and all of that shit.

Although, they both seem like mindless putzes so perhaps they're a good match.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:22 AM   #458
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I never liked Kim Kardashian before, but she's earned my respect. Looking back now, I can see she was always anti-establishment. Can anyone recommend some stuff from her that I should check out?

Old 05-31-2018, 06:53 AM   #459
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Trumps a tool. Guys absolutely loaded, one of the most popular reality show stars of his time- It's clear that the guy could meet some of the most awesome women in the world but he chooses to meet Kim Kardashian just for the publicity and all of that shit.

Although, they both seem like mindless putzes so perhaps they're a good match.
I've certainly bagged on Kanye West in the past, I've been entirely transparent about that fact. I think I had the guy all wrong though. I figured the Kardashian thing was a publicity stunt, but they're still together all these years later and have children and stuff so they're obviously the real deal.

I think it's smart for Trump to embrace the popular icons of the day. There's a portion of society that rages against Trump unconditionally and illogically simply because they're brainwashed by the biased press coverage and all of the celebrities that have come out against him in a passionate fury. The general public are basically sheeple. Trump getting a few taste-makers on his side can only help with public perception and the overall movement.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:57 AM   #460
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Reckon you might turn out to have a few more things all wrong, too?

Old 05-31-2018, 07:01 AM   #461
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
same here

i thought there were some really questionable moments though, like in that episode where roseanne holds the kid's head under the sink sprayer was pretty

i felt like despite roseanne being pro-maga, anything approaching politics showed her being sympathetic (like Mark's genderfluid stuff) or being the odd one out in the entire family ("you don't hear that on the news, you heard it on fox news")

regardless the show has gone down in quality over the past few episodes anyway, they really are trying to wrap up these "life lesson" episodes and it kinda worked with the mark episode but with the muslim family and dan hiring 'illegals' it did not. not topics that can be wrapped up in 20 minute episodes which would be totally fine if they didn't try to make themselves do it
Yeah, I've heard the ratings went down pretty consistently over the season. That undoubtedly played a role in why ABC was so quick to cut bait.

I'm not sure if this is true, but there's been some libertarian analysts who believe that the new sitcom was an attempt by the media to present conservative characters with the intention of attracting conservative viewers to then try and change their views regarding left-wing hot-button issues showcased in the plot-lines. Someone mentioned that it was essentially the Archie Bunker/Meathead dynamic and by reading some of the episode rundowns, it seems that was the case.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 05-31-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:05 AM   #462
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Reckon you might turn out to have a few more things all wrong, too?
It's possible. Look, Trumps doing a lot of things that he said he wouldn't. Cozying up with John Bolton is certainly one of em. But with Trump, there's at least a chance, with Hillary there was none. I honestly believe Hillary would be pushing for some pointless war with Russia or be causing some other needless world conflicts.

By all accounts, things have gone pretty smoothly with Trump so far... Definitely not the doom and gloom that the panic-stricken masses were sure of.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:06 AM   #463
fuzzyroes
Banned

And Buzz, I obviously knew next to nothing about Kanye West when I was spouting off about him all those years ago... That's probably why I was so off the mark.

With most things I talk about now, I research and study endlessly.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:18 AM   #464
fuzzyroes
Banned

What do you guys think of ABC's decision to forever remove the original series from airing in syndication? The Cosby Show is the only other time that's happened.

I think firing her from her current gig is fine enough, but to then go and pull the groundbreaking series from the air and pretend like it never happened? Seems a bit much. I'm sure some of those actors still live off of the royalties and such... Seems like an overreaction

Old 05-31-2018, 07:53 AM   #465
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
What do you guys think of ABC's decision to forever remove the original series from airing in syndication? The Cosby Show is the only other time that's happened.

I think firing her from her current gig is fine enough, but to then go and pull the groundbreaking series from the air and pretend like it never happened? Seems a bit much. I'm sure some of those actors still live off of the royalties and such... Seems like an overreaction
ABC had nothing to do with that decision. It's the choice of the networks running the reruns. ABC doesn't own the show.

Once again, your facts are askew.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:55 AM   #466
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
By all accounts, things have gone pretty smoothly with Trump so far... Definitely not the doom and gloom that the panic-stricken masses were sure of.
I was going to point out all the ways you are wrong, but then I realized that yes, from the perspective of a white male living in Canada, this is probably true.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:21 AM   #467
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
With most things I talk about now, I research and study endlessly.
Would you care to elaborate?

Old 05-31-2018, 08:47 AM   #468
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

clear evolution

Old 05-31-2018, 02:09 PM   #469
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
libertarian analysts who believe that the new sitcom was...
it's really cute that you have found a new word you like, but you don't know what "libertarian" means and you haven't used it correctly thus far. which is actually probably fitting because it's basically the ideology of 18-year-old white bros who heard about it yesterday and identify with it today because cool snake flag for my dorm room and first amendment right to be a racist douche-canoe.

Quote:
Untrue, you just insulate yourself from negative coverage. Trump is an absolute disaster for my country in many ways you do not, will not, and probably can not understand because you are 1) not an American and 2) you only judge this shit from the perspective of the culture war and you don't really care about the more boring ways he is literally tearing my government and my society apart.

He's been in office less than 2 years and he has already established himself as probably one of the top 5 most corrupt US Presidents in history, and possibly the single most beholden to special interest groups. It's both comical and sick that you believe he is anti-establishment when he has literally created an administration from the darkest, most vile, greediest, and most corrupt elements of the establishment, from big oil, to big pharma, to the insurance industry, to the NRA, to dirty energy, to the banking sector, to the private prison industry, the war on drugs, big polluters, companies taking tax breaks and using them to enrich shareholders while firing workers and closing factories. You don't live in the real world, fuzzyroes. You live in a reality where none of this affects you or anyone you know personally so it's like a game for you. It must be nice to watch the world burning down and only have to be concerned with whether you can justify your own thoughts and actions to yourself and if you can clear that very low bar, you can sleep at night.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:12 PM   #470
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
It's possible. Look, Trumps doing a lot of things that he said he wouldn't. Cozying up with John Bolton is certainly one of em. But with Trump, there's at least a chance, with Hillary there was none. I honestly believe Hillary would be pushing for some pointless war with Russia or be causing some other needless world conflicts.

just when you're about to reach the proper conclusion about Trump b-b-b- BUT HILLARY

they got you brainwashed good

Old 05-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #471
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Wait a minute

Libertarian

Librarian

Fuzzy's been reading a lot lately. What could this mean?

Old 05-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #472
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

TOC to thread!

Old 05-31-2018, 08:29 PM   #473
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard the ratings went down pretty consistently over the season. That undoubtedly played a role in why ABC was so quick to cut bait.

I'm not sure if this is true, but there's been some libertarian analysts who believe that the new sitcom was an attempt by the media to present conservative characters with the intention of attracting conservative viewers to then try and change their views regarding left-wing hot-button issues showcased in the plot-lines. Someone mentioned that it was essentially the Archie Bunker/Meathead dynamic and by reading some of the episode rundowns, it seems that was the case.
it wasn't nearly like archie/meathead, the show wasn't political pretty much at all. it only used the election as a a reason jackie hadn't been coming over. there were one or two other little quips about pantsuits or whatever but it was nothing like all in the family at all. but of course i'm sure you'll listen to whatever article told you this instead of listening to someone who actually watched it. the bunker/meathead dynamic doesn't even make sense from a structural point of view, who is meathead? everyone besides roseanne?

Old 05-31-2018, 09:19 PM   #474
buzzard
Minion of Satan

In other world news...

Old 06-05-2018, 01:53 AM   #475
fuzzyroes
Banned

LOL Alex Jones bombards Bernie Sanders

Old 06-05-2018, 02:02 AM   #476
Elphenor
Braindead

he showed an iron will by not dignifying the crackpot with a response

something we could all learn from

but still fuck you eat shit fuzzy

Old 06-05-2018, 02:46 AM   #477
Shallowed
Braindead

Remember when daddy Trump chickened out of having a debate with Bernie Sanders?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #478
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
LOL Alex Jones bombards Bernie Sanders

lol alex jones says he's the same as stalin and lenin

what a fucking moron.

also didn't you like bernie, fuzzy?

Old 06-05-2018, 10:26 AM   #479
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also if alex jones approached me in a fucking airport i'd run the other fucking way

that is not how you do an interview, he might as well be a high school student with a phone

Old 06-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #480
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Leave crumbs and roaches will never leave. Ignore and stop feeding them they will disappear.