Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2017, 02:26 AM   #91
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
He also dedicated that one line in Muzzle to you.
I h8 myself for wanting to make the same joke

Old 03-01-2017, 02:28 AM   #92
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeboy View Post
Fair enough. But if you're not willing as a reader to even ponder the position of the writer, then what are you reading for, to practice skepticism? TheRoxyKid, TheEdgeboy, The Omega Concern, The Future Embrace, The Camera Eye...he has a CD party at a place with my last name, the same name he insisted be said out loud at dinner one night from my bandmate at the time. But hey, I'm reading too much into it according to the skeptics. Perhaps you can understand I can't be too bothered with that.
you know, a lot of songs and albums start with 'the'

Old 03-01-2017, 02:28 AM   #93
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

A lot of sentences too

Old 03-01-2017, 02:28 AM   #94
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

The Smashing Pumpkins

Old 03-01-2017, 02:53 AM   #95
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I feel uncomfortable. Does anyone else feel uncomfortable?

Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 AM   #96
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

no this is quality posting I honestly think. Less politics, more of er, this.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #97
LaBelle
Socialphobic

But every song ever is about me. They say 'you' and when I listen that's me. It can't be anyone else.
This is not a coincidence!

Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #98
FoolofaTook

If toc isn't trolling he's got serious mental health issues. i had a friend (no really i did!) who saw all sorts iof patterns in life pertaining to him and the number 18 would keep popping up. he was slowly going mad in front of everyone. once he showed me his diary. it was like russel crowes a beautiful mind only not beautiful.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #99
Elphenor
Braindead

I can't make much sense of this thread

plus it's just boring

Old 03-01-2017, 11:14 AM   #100
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
If toc isn't trolling he's got serious mental health issues. i had a friend (no really i did!) who saw all sorts iof patterns in life pertaining to him and the number 18 would keep popping up. he was slowly going mad in front of everyone. once he showed me his diary. it was like russel crowes a beautiful mind only not beautiful.
I have a very good friend who always acted pretty weird and was into conspiracy theories but then abruptly switched into schizophrenia mode at age 27. He became convinced his landlord and the government were working together to send him subliminal messages on the internet (e.g. he believed when he google searched something, the results were being tailored to him to send him specific threatening messages). Eventually he started accusing me of being in cahoots with "t h e m" and he would interpret every little thing that I did as having some double and malicious meaning towards him. I don't even know where he is now. Yeah. This is honestly reminding me a lot of that.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #101
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Sounds heart breaking to witness someone you're close with go through that.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #102
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Yes it is

Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 PM   #103
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Seem like omega's highly functioning, tho, right? He is apparently capable of gainful employment, as evidenced by his guitar rigs n such. His voice doesn't strike me as that of a suffering, manic schizophrenic

By way of contrast, when I lost my mind via a paranoid/manic episode on cymbalta circa 2008, I burnt through all my savings on impulse purchases, was unable to keep a job or any friends, and even my family found me distasteful...

Just saying

Old 03-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #104
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Come to think of it, during that time period, I was convinced God was sending Joshua Homme messages to put in his lyrics just for me. So I am at least tangentially familiar with the sensations omega describes. So ... just hope he's ok

Old 03-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #105
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm not even sure insanity excuses one from having voted Trump

Old 03-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #106
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Seem like omega's highly functioning, tho, right? He is apparently capable of gainful employment, as evidenced by his guitar rigs n such. His voice doesn't strike me as that of a suffering, manic schizophrenic

By way of contrast, when I lost my mind via a paranoid/manic episode on cymbalta circa 2008, I burnt through all my savings on impulse purchases, was unable to keep a job or any friends, and even my family found me distasteful...

Just saying
I listened to his fulltoke vid just to hear if he did the monotone voice

Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #107
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post

Just saying
At least when it comes to alcoholism, functional alcoholics are way worse than those that hit rock bottom and need to seek help to survive.
They'll just keep going with their addiction and convince themselves they are perfectly fine and don't need help, alienating all those who try to help them along the way. And slowly but surely it'll reach a point where it becomes unsustainable but sometimes it can be too late.

Not sure how it goes with other mental illnesses tho.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #108
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

My sister is schizoprenic. She was never a conspiracy theorist. She did great in school and was objectively typical if just a little quiet/shy. After going away to college she became very depressed and dropped out. At that point she was being treated for depression, but it did little. She has spiralled out of control too many times during the progression of her disease. She is now convinced that she is being monitored (many times she accused me of doing it) and files on her computer moving around or deleting themselves etc. She asks me if Katy (pet dog) is real or a replacement. She can't drive, has failed classes despite studying for hours. There's a lot to list but I shouldn't. It's been very tough and I can't imagine being her

Old 03-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #109
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
At least when it comes to alcoholism, functional alcoholics are way worse than those that hit rock bottom and need to seek help to survive.
They'll just keep going with their addiction and convince themselves they are perfectly fine and don't need help, alienating all those who try to help them along the way. And slowly but surely it'll reach a point where it becomes unsustainable but sometimes it can be too late.

Not sure how it goes with other mental illnesses tho.
If someone is mostly functional and doesn't decompensate ever they probably wouldn't be diagnosed with schizophrenia. Especially if they don't have negative symptoms (such as avolition, anhendonia, poverty of speech, etc). However, they might be diagnosed with schiozotypal personality disorder or possibly schizoid personality disorder if they are very withdrawn. Not that one couldn't be diagnosed with schizophrenia, but if it's sort of a lower-level delusional orientation to the world without exacerbations that doesn't interfere with several different realms of functioning. Also, if someone is past their 20s especially, without a severe episode, it's unlikely but not impossible they'll be diagnosed with the full disorder in the future.

Another possibility is that they wouldn't be diagnosed with anything, if their functioning is perfectly fine in intimate relationships, working, friendships, personal meaning, etc. It's not diagnosable to be weird

Old 03-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #110
TheEdgeboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you know, a lot of songs and albums start with 'the'

That's true. So is everything else I'm saying.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #111
TheEdgeboy
Banned

Last edited by TheEdgeboy : 11-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #112
TheEdgeboy
Banned

Last edited by TheEdgeboy : 11-14-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #113
redbreegull

Quote:
It's not diagnosable to be weird
of course, but believing a public figure is obsessed with you or sending you personal messages in their work is a little um.... that's more than just being weird. That's definitely a delusion of some sort.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #114
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeboy View Post
That's true. So is everything else I'm saying.
Just because you percieve something to be true doesn't make it true. Have some humility. I saw an alder in Secaucus today- is that related to you?

Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #115
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I saw the word "slub" numerous times today

Old 03-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #116
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

What is it even supposed to mean/accomplish for crazy, subtle, interpretable things like this to happen vs Billy contacting you and being like yo man let's jam? Because unless there's some conflict of interest or reason to keep secrets, people don't really sneak around. It's not like I get cryptic emails from mustard vendors and then I want a hot dog. I just want a hot dog, so I get it.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:38 PM   #117
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
If someone is mostly functional and doesn't decompensate ever they probably wouldn't be diagnosed with schizophrenia. Especially if they don't have negative symptoms (such as avolition, anhendonia, poverty of speech, etc). However, they might be diagnosed with schiozotypal personality disorder or possibly schizoid personality disorder if they are very withdrawn. Not that one couldn't be diagnosed with schizophrenia, but if it's sort of a lower-level delusional orientation to the world without exacerbations that doesn't interfere with several different realms of functioning. Also, if someone is past their 20s especially, without a severe episode, it's unlikely but not impossible they'll be diagnosed with the full disorder in the future.

Another possibility is that they wouldn't be diagnosed with anything, if their functioning is perfectly fine in intimate relationships, working, friendships, personal meaning, etc. It's not diagnosable to be weird
I suppose i'm more familiar with the concept of addiction which will always have an escalation of some sort that will render the person unfit to function properly if given enough time.
Mental conditions might not, and can just be the way the person operates normally from what you say. That's interesting.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #118
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

The Friday before the Saturday morning of the ticket sale for 2-6-00 Edge show, I was the first person in line. I remember calling Live 105 and they let me on the air. good times. Moments later, 2nd person in line comes strolling up... It's Monte LDS...in full Zero shirt-silver pants outfit, "Hi, I'm Jonathon. Would you like a burned copy of Machina."

Old 03-01-2017, 04:47 PM   #119
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

and without being too cryptic...the strange Email I get from a James2000 that reads "070" I surmise was sent by someone who was watching me (telepathically) and when completing the reading of that Gospel, sends me the code via that email.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #120
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
of course, but believing a public figure is obsessed with you or sending you personal messages in their work is a little um.... that's more than just being weird. That's definitely a delusion of some sort.
that's true but if it doesn't cause him to seek out the object of his delusion or be dysfunctional in other ways i'm not sure it's enough to diagnose anything, even just simple delusional disorder, besides perhaps one of those personality disorders previously mentioned

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-01-2017 at 05:04 PM.